• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Time for School Ch. 20

Time for School Ch. 20

A few days later, I sat on the edge of the rooftop of my building. My body invisible, I gazed out at the evening sky as the sun set behind the city. The wind whipped wildly at me from up there, but it didn't faze me. I was starting to get used to all the being up high, flying around, having the most incredible sense of freedom I could've ever dreamed of. I'd still gotten grounded to hell from the hangover as I expected, but being able to turn invisible and fly away gave me some definite leeway.

I looked at my hand and sighed thoughtfully. I had so much power inside of me, so much ability to do good and to help people and to make other peoples' lives better. I then turned my attention back to the setting sun and wondered: Would I ever find out why I had this power? Or would I just be happy, not question it, and move on with my life? Sure, I might've been able to find the answer to the enigma through some kind of inner dialogue. Perhaps through some inspirational montage where I climb a windy, snow-capped mountain to reach a huge temple where I find some old texts carved into stone teaching me about what I have inside of me?

There was only one problem with that — I didn't actually care to find out.

Thanks to my new powers, I had already learned more about myself than I ever knew. As long as I could imagine, I would always have my powers. I was content to exploring the extent of my abilities, while living my life to the fullest. The cool, dry air from the north hit my nose and flooded my mind with some special memories. In the future, I knew it would always remind me of this landmark point in my existence. Like I said, I had always enjoyed the cold air. Those winds of change carried upon them a path for me I could've never dreamed of.

It harkened me back once more to Nick's talk about the future, about going where life takes me. As I glanced down and watched my shoes dangle back and forth, I knew I was slowly moving forward into the future. It wasn't about things changing, it was about progressing; progressing on to the next chapter of my life. I had attained so much confidence and grew so much as a person in such a short time. With my newfound powers, I knew the future was going to be amazing. I became quite hopeful about where life was taking me.

Listen to me being so damn philosophical about my life.

This definitely wasn't any dream, and I certainly wasn't in any coma. This was my real life. My real, superpowered life. I'd gone through plenty of inner struggles, losing my way only to get back on track once more. I'd certainly met a cast of characters along this wild journey - the foray into my new, unbelievable life. I managed to patch up my shoddy relationships, forge new ones with some incredible people, helped purge the influence of an abusive boyfriend out of one of my best friends' life. I learned just how important my friends were to me, and that I was willing to fight for them, no matter what. I ended up harassing a poor girl at the pool before realizing I was getting cocky. I fought off veritable gods ... and lost, but still, I fought them. And, of course, I made love with a slew of wonderful ladies, each moment of which I would cherish forever.

All the while, I had learned more and more about myself in small increments. I realized who I was, what I wanted, and where I wanted to go in life. Through it all, I learned to enjoy every moment I had. I enjoyed being me - because, in the end, ... that's all I really had.

And so ends this chapter of my life. I would never forget that year of school — the people I got to meet, the friends I made, the lovers I bonded with, the wonderful emotions and sensations I got to experience in my young life.

Who's to say what comes next?

... Well, I'm certain I can always write about it.

The End

Author note: Thank you very much for reading this story. I truly hope you enjoyed it, particularly if you've read it all the way to the end. This story took much longer than I would've hoped to complete, but I'm glad it's finished now and that I can move on to my next story in this series. I have read every single comment I have gotten so far and I do appreciate them very much.

As a side-note, the girls (and teacher) in this story are based off of girls I went to school with. However their names have been changed as a respect to privacy. Frank and my other friends are also based off my real friends at the time. Other characters are inspired either by other peers I knew or simply made-up all together. If you have any other sort of behind-the-scenes questions to ask, I'd be happy to answer them.

Which character, chapter or scene was your favorite? Let me know in your comment/review! It will help me in finding out what I'm doing right and try to build off of it. Don't forget to give the story a positive rating!

That's it for now. What will the next story in this series entail? You'll just have to wait and find out. I'm sure your imagination is going wild with the possibilities. Feel free to comment on what you expect to see from the next one. My money's on you won't be able to even remotely guess what I have in store next time...

So long for now.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Time for School Ch. 20

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 61 milliseconds