• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Eclipse of the Moon Ch. 02

Eclipse of the Moon Ch. 02

1234

It had been close to week since the new family had moved into the Vertik Manor, and slowly but surely they were all beginning to settle in. Freshly unpacked and ready to experience small town life to its fullest, they wasted no time in buckling down to meet the challenge.

Angel's parents had begun to mingle among the neighbors, already invited to several dinner parties in the evening that were hosted all over town. They worked most days, and now eager to make such accepting friends, they socialized at night.

Aaron, never one to lack in confidence, had already found a small garage group called 'Blue Tremor' to rock out with. He had never been one to lack in friends or social graces, unlike his little sister who chose to remain strictly wrapped up in her own fantastical world.

Angel had really only met the neighboring kids but found it very awkward to be around people who, well, found –her- to be very awkward. She was very under-spoken, probably because her pattern of thinking always made her feel like she was never quite present during conversations. And on days like today, where her brother and parents were out socializing, she preferred to be in her room painting the day instead of experiencing it.

Though her parents had warned her that they had invited a 'nice young boy they had met at church' over, she couldn't help but laugh at the thought.

Her parents were so desperate for her to be around actual people that they allowed what most parents would kill their children for: being home alone with a boy. When asked about this, they simply stated that they 'trusted her enough that she knew what the responsible thing to do was.'

She had no doubts that her parents would actually be overjoyed if she got a boyfriend. That was, after all, the typical and expected part of being eighteen-years-old.

The thing was, she didn't find it that practical to be in a relationship just for the heck of it. She didn't want to be with someone just to be with them. It was so... plastic.

Anyways, the point was a moot one. Julian, though sounding nice enough, had already called to say he couldn't come by, but would stop by later in the week. She, of course, had politely agreed before retreating to her room and becoming absolved with the quiet.

Yellow tinted the sky, and thus her paintbrush fled across the canvas accordingly.

If there was one thing she loved it was being able to see the multi-toned intricacy of the ever-changing sky. No matter where you went it was always different; always perfectly imperfect in its ways.

It was like the way she felt most of the time: it was a range so expansive that it seemed futile to try and capture it with a brush. But she did it anyways... because it was the closest thing was she ever going to get to creating and touching something even marginally approaching perfect.

Her room was already filled with paintings, some of them hers and others of them from around the world. The way they lightened the room was almost forgiveness in itself of her previous thoughts, though she still couldn't shake that feeling of bitter cold that followed her at times.

Light blue—dark blue—violet—

She soaked the brush before bringing it back up to the canvas to meld the water colors into something that she hoped would turn out like the sky outside. She bit her lip in concentration, sliding effortlessly along the board with broad even strokes.

Then it wrapped around her once again, an icy chill that set her hairs on edge, gripping her so tightly and suddenly that it caused her fingers to lose their grip on her paintbrush. It clattered to the floor, pain splattering across the wood.

She bit into her lip, "Too cold..."

Angel stood up from her stool, turning towards her closet in hope that a sweater would lie in waits. It had been so warm earlier that a thin strap shirt and shorts had seemed key: nothing less, nothing more.

Daemon stood in front of her closet, watching as the youth instantly reacted to the change in temperature. His watchful eye had been focused more on the boy this week, but now that all were gone, it was the girl's turn. His tongue traced over his canines as he watched her stretch from the position she had stayed in for hours, shirt lifting slightly to reveal taut pearly skin. Crimson eyes shifted back to hers; lust always there but never sated.

Angel took several strides towards the closet, stopping suddenly as her body came within inches of Daemon's astral form. She took a step back, eyes meeting the floor, before turning around and walking towards the door leading out. Her stomach bubbled. She smacked her head repeatedly as she leaned on the outside of her door, trying to mentally talk herself down from this anxious feeling that was all too familiar. "Gotta stop doing that—what's the matter with me?" she whispered to a clearly empty space. And now she was talking to herself, "God..."

Crimson eyes watched her intently from the stairs as she laced her fingers into her hair before pulling them through the flaxen mess and sliding down the wall. He clicked his teeth together quietly, waiting another movement to prove her guilty conscience.

Her head snapped towards the stairs as she heard a noise. A click.

Recognition sparked in his eyes. Daemon got down on his hands and knees and crawled towards her like the predator he was, not stopping till he was only an inch away from her face. He stared right into those wide blue eyes that were looking straight through him.

Angel could feel her heart pounding in her chest faster then it had ever gone before. Something was wrong. Her thoughts were screaming at her to move, to run, but her body and mind refused to work together to make it happen. She clenched her eyes shut tightly, burying her face into her knees, "No such thing as ghosts... no such thing..."

A cold wisp of air chilled her, setting every hair on edge, and she wasted no time in forcing her body to do what it was hesitant to do before. She scrambled to her feet and off to the side, running down the stairs and practically falling over her own feet as she went.

Daemon smirked, licked his lips as he realized that this was, indeed, a child who knew more then she was supposed to. Felt more than she was supposed to.

Bloody eyes glowed with the promise of what he had been starved from for so long; a chance to create an unparallel fear in the heart of an innocent.

Angel streaked as she grabbed the bottom of the stair railing in order to swing herself towards the door. She didn't know what she was afraid of but, whatever it was, her pumping adrenaline was telling her that she needed to get away from this house. Far, far away. She couldn't stop, she couldn't overthink it. She just needed to get the hell out.

Unfortunately, not everyone seemed to think the same.

Her blitz to the door was halted as a loud cracking sound echoed through the room, the large entrance mirror falling off the wall and shattering in front of her into a thousand glassy shards.

The sound echoed through the house, and the suddenness of it caused her to heart to lurch into her throat.

The attempt to stop ended with her tripping over part of the mirror frame, followed by her falling forward, and then shards of glass piercing her hands as she landed on them roughly. A sharp whimper left her lips as she tried to grapple her way up again, adrenaline allowing her to move through the pain.

Angel somehow got herself back onto her feet, blood seeping from the corners of her unconsciously bitten and trembling lips. She backed up slowly, glass cracking beneath her feet until she reached the farthest wall in the front lobby.

The latch on the front door locked, snapping closed. Her heart pounded against her rib cage, confusion and fear making her entire body contract as her mind raced to find an escape.

She couldn't get through the front.

Backdoor.

Angel clenched her fingers tightly, blood creating vine-like patterns along her fingers before falling to pool on the floor. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears as she started her sprint to the down the main corridor, not stopping until she could see the curve that would lead to the backyard.

Daemon stood in her way, arms lengthened across the passage. She would literally have to go through him to pass... and he could taste that delicious fear that radiated from her aura. Watching crimson life seep through those slightly parted lips caused a stirring of enjoyment that he had not been welcomed too since before his life was lost. He growled in frustration as the lust came with no relief.

She heard the inhuman snarl but had no way to stop as she swerved straight into the darkness, trying to halt the weight which only served to propel her forward. She crammed her heels into the ground in hopes of avoiding or ducking the unseen, but there was no luck on her side. Not today.

Angel felt the breath leave her lungs as she found herself sprawled out on the ground in front of the back door stairs, feeling as if she had just run head first into a brick wall. Her hands covered her eyes, bleeding crimson over her line of vision as she tried to take her breath back.

The demon relished the first contact he had been adorned with for many moments, the warmth of her body hitting his cold lifeless one a mark of new life.

The grin that spread over his lips was pure evil, cracking his fingers as he touched his chest as if to try and relive the sensation.

Angel's hair fall flatly in front of her azure eyes as she huddled herself into the corner, trying to understand what she had run into. There was nothing there! No wall, no person, no nothing!

She shook her head wildly as petrified tears flowed from her eyes, "Not here again... not here. I'm better." Angel peeked above her knees, talking to herself now secondary considering she was thoroughly convinced she was going insane, "I don't believe in ghosts anymore."

Crimson eyes gazed upon her heatedly, unrelenting as they peeled apart her most intricate secrets.

He leaned down to her level, eye to eye though he knew she didn't him, before leaning in to breath in her scent, "Pity" he growled, "I'll have to teach you to believe."

Blue eyes shot open at the voice and she instantly tried to scramble up to stand.

Daemon had other plans with his newly found ability to touch the naïve youth, grabbing a fistful of her long hair and forcing her head back into the wall with a sharp yank.

Angel tried to move away but there was no way out of the grasp. She could feel the icy fingers laced into her hair but she couldn't –see- anything. But she knew she couldn't be imagining something this real. No mental breakdown had ever felt like this.

Seven years ago the problem had been that she was seeing ghosts, but never once had she –felt- them. The institution had drilled it into her head that there was nothing there - that she was imagining things, creating a fantasy world, in order to express her feelings of neglect. Funny enough, she had never thought she was neglected...

Daemon settled between her legs as he observed her terrified reaction of squirming and tears, "Fucking little tease. You knew, didn't you?"

A whimper escaped from her lips as her body tensed painfully against her wishes, the muscles in her stomach and thighs cramping tightly.

The demon growled, tugging at her hair sharply, "Fucking answer me when I talk to you, whore, I don't like to repeat myself."

"D-didn't know" she managed to stutter out, his very voice shaking her to the core. The dark energy so was thick around her that she felt as if she was choking on it, and she was desperate to regain her breath for the moment. She bit down on her already bruised lips, trying to mentally will the tears to stop falling. She couldn't though. She was terrified. None of this made any sense. This couldn't be real... it couldn't be re-

"I think you're lying to me," Daemon started lowly, "because you've been carefully avoiding me this entire week even though you knew I was there." He leaned forward, letting her scent wash over him. His canines scraped against the soft flesh over her neck, and he felt her shift instantly. When she went to try and push against him, he enjoyed the continual tremors of fear that ran through her body without fail. He moved to her ear, "Don't even try it."

Angel took in a deep breath, the scent of blood and spice overwhelming her senses as her head rolled back against the wall.

She looked at her hands that were sending her brain mixed messages. She felt like they were touching something—something like silken cloth against cold skin. But there was no one there to touch...

Daemon smirked, "Like the feel?"

Her hands shot down to the floor as icy breath stung her ear.

"You should get used to it," he hissed into her ear, unwinding his fingers from her hair in order to trail his clawed fingertips down her cheek. The other he suddenly placed on her thigh, causing her to jump beneath his touch. He licked his lips at the satin skin, perfect and unmarred and warm.

Angel wanted to sink into the wall as liquid ice trailed through her body, "S-stop it."

Daemon ran his claws along the exposed skin of her lower thigh, "Don't move."

The sharpness of his voice was enough to keep her reinforced to the wall as he skimmed his fingers across her legs and face, each touch sending here further into an abyss of coldness and fear. Her head was forced back once again, and she clenched her eyes shut once again as the chill returned.

"Such a soft feel" Daemon breathed, inebriated by the touch that had eluded him for so goddamn long. He could actually feel the desire simmer and grow inside of him, and each touch seemed to bring him closer to that unfathomable edge of blissful satisfaction.

Angel's stomach clenched tightly.

She knew that she had to make a move. She had to make it now, and she had to get as far away from here as she possibly could. This voiceless thing was a monster, a demon, and with every passing moment it was becoming more sure of itself.

So she acted.

Angel brought her hands up and shoved against his chest as hard as she could, feeling the presence give way enough for her to move.

Run, run, run, run, run-

She darted away from the corner, desperate for any place that would get her away from the stalking darkness.

A startled cry left her lips as she was tackled to the ground, her arm aching as it collided with the living room table. She rolled onto her stomach, grasping at the floor as she tried to push herself back up, but it was no use. She was completely and utterly pinned.

"I told you not to fucking move" he snarled against her neck, fingers pressing harshly into her sides. He dug them in even further as she continued to try and break free from his grasp, a silent warning.

"Let go!" Angel cried out desperately "P-please, please, let me go..."

Daemon's only response was to laugh. A sadistic laugh that was made right against the back of her slender neck, "Oh, I'll let go alright, I'm going to let go like a fucking animal if you don't stop moving." He brushed his lips against her warm skin as she tried to control her twitching body, though she couldn't stop the terrified tremors that ran through her.

Her fingers dug into the carpeting.

This pain was real. It was real.

She clenched her eyes shut as flashes of white and the smell on antiseptic filled her senses. Oh god, not here... she couldn't be back there again. She was done there... she had been treated and she was okay now. "No, NO!" Her body thrashed under his grip suddenly as tears started to fall, "I don't belong here, let me go!"

Daemon tightened his grip, but felt her aura shift drastically as her last words were spoken. He leaned down and pressed his chest against her back suggestively, listening to her sweet cries of anguish as he pushed on her fragile boundaries. He pressed his forehead into her shoulder blade and closed his eyes.

Angel's body cramped painfully, "Let me leave... god, let me go. There's nothing wrong with me!" she whimpered into the ground, "Please, it hurts..."

A memory. Hers. It rose to the surface of her mind so quickly, enveloping her despite his presence. The demon bared his teeth against her shoulder as he saw a glimpse of it, "Stay still."

A scream left her parted lips as pain from years ago came flooding back in massive tunnel vision that had her fingers curling against the floor. Her breathing came out in harsh labored pants that had her entire body rattling in spasms as oxygen struggled to make it into her lungs.

"Angel!" came the shout from across the room, causing Daemon to tilt his head in annoyance.

Aaron jetted across the glass and into the living room as he saw his little sister bleeding and crying on the floor. He instantly brought her into his arms, trying to ease her fright as she fought against his grasp violently.

Angel shook, fighting every inch of skin that touched her own.

"Angel – Angel ... C'mon Lior, it's alright, it's alright, everything is fine, shhh..."

At the name 'Lior' she froze, her eyes frantically searching for the voice that belonged to her brother. "Aaron, Aaron...please..."

"I'm right here, Lior, right here."

Daemon chuckled, watching as she flinched instantly upon hearing the sound. The boy didn't move though... didn't react to his presence of his voice. He was just like the rest of them... and he had no interest in that right now. Not when he had been presented with such a sweet gift. "That's right, whore, your brother will make everything better won't he?" He trailed a claw across her cheek, her body jumping instantly at the touch, "You tell him about me, he dies."

A tremor rattled her form once again, struggling to see anything that wasn't the darkness that encompassed her eyesight.

Aaron withheld his sister's trembling form from leaving his, "Tell me what happened." When she didn't reply he repeated, "Tell me what happened, Angel."

The harsh intake of breath that passed into her lungs made her cough and sputter, shaking the reality that had formed around her and making the air unbearable, "W-why, Aaron... why did they put me there?" Tears filled her eyes, "God, it hurts... please... please make it stop... don't let them, please."

"Angel..." he whispered into shoulder, tightening his grip as topic they both despised was brought into play. He tried to calm her quaking form, brushing his fingers through her hair gently, "You're here now. I'm not going anywhere." Aaron looked around the room, feeling a cold chill suddenly flicker across his skin. As he looked to his sister, it was obvious from the pinpricks on her arms that she had felt the same thing.

Her pale skin grew cold, "Stop..."

Aaron watched terrified eyes clamp shut as her body halted its movements, "Angel, is it them?" He took her hands into his own, "Tell me the truth."

Angel winced sharply as she heard the demon laugh once again, her heart freezing in her chest and her blood sticking to her veins. She shook her head sharply, "No... no such things anymore..." A deep breath got lost in her throat, "Never was... too sick to know..."

Aaron hugged his baby sister into him, "It's alright now, Angel." He looked around the room with doubting eyes and his arms tightened, "Everything's going to be alright."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel sat on the old swing attached to the even older oak tree outside their house, using her foot to sway it just like she had been doing for the last hour. It had been that long since Aaron had gone to school and her parents had gone to work.

Ever since the incident a week ago, Angel couldn't bring herself to be in the house alone... and thanks to her over-anxious brother, she never had to be.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Eclipse of the Moon Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds