• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • Summer Job

Summer Job

12345

Author's Note: This is my entry into the 2015 Summer Lovin' contest here on Literotica. I hope you enjoy it. Special thanks to all of the members of my writing group, and in particular Blind_Justice for his edits and comments and MSTarot for a few words that motivated me to get to work and finish the story. Any errors or omissions are on me. Please vote and leave a comment if you feel so inclined. Thank you!

*

I slowly stroked my stiff cock as I watched Sam on the big screen in the den. She had recorded her face close-up as she fucked herself with a vibrator, all the while explaining in complete detail what she needed me to do to her. Her lust filled blue eyes pleaded with me; beckoning me to fill her needs and fill her cunt. I could feel my orgasm rapidly approaching, and I stroked myself faster, knowing what was coming next in the video.

"I need you to fuck, me, Eddie. I need you to fuck me," Samantha breathlessly said as she slipped over the edge and into an orgasm. As it had dozens of times before, Sam going over pushed me over as well, causing streams of cum to shoot onto my abdomen and run down the fingers of my hand. The video had ended, and the final frame remained on the screen. Sam, the most beautiful girl I had ever known, was blowing me a kiss.

I slouched back in the recliner and sighed, fighting back the tears that I knew would come. I wished she had never made these videos for me. I knew that I should just delete them all, knowing that I lacked the strength to avoid watching them. All I needed was one moment of courage, and it would be over. It seemed as if that moment would never come, I thought as tears filled my eyes.

I loved Samantha with all my heart. We had been together for two years, and those two years had been the happiest of my life. We were perfect together, or at least I thought we were. Earlier this year, I found out how wrong I had been. Sam was supposed to come over to finalize plans for a trip we had planned together. Instead, she came over and shredded my heart. It was all over in five minutes. I was a great guy and she would always care for me, but I wasn't THE guy for her. That was it.

It was two months later and I was still acting like a pathetic fool, looking at pictures and videos of her and stroking my cock, trying to find some odd way of keeping her in my life. I needed to find a way to let go, but I just didn't know how. I cleaned up my mess as I silently sobbed. The doorbell rang just after I had pulled my shorts back up. I wiped my eyes and tossed the wad of used tissue into the garbage can in the kitchen as I made my way to the front door.

I opened the door and was greeted by an impatient looking mail carrier standing on my front stoop. She had an envelope in her hand, which she handed me when I opened the screen door.

"I need a signature. It's certified."

"Okay," I replied, scrawling my signature and watching as she walked down the driveway to her waiting truck. I looked at the envelope and realized it was from the company that had hired me for a summer internship. I tore open the envelope, pulled out the letter, and began to read. I'd gotten three sentences in and knew my summer plans were shot. They were eliminating all internships for the foreseeable future. There were two paragraphs of gibberish that explained the reasons, but I didn't bother to read them. Why made no difference to me.

I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom, throwing myself on my bed. Suddenly, all I wanted to do was lose myself in sleep. I wasn't delusional enough to believe my problems would disappear if I went to sleep. They'd still be there, but at least I wouldn't have to think about them right now. Evidently, sleep wasn't my friend either, as it eluded me no matter what I did. Fuck, I thought. Instead of spending my last summer as a college student working in a high profile internship, I was going to spend it...how exactly? Flipping burgers in a fast food joint? Beating off to videos of my ex-girlfriend masturbating?

I got out of bed feeling disgusted with myself and headed into the bathroom to take a shower. I stood under the water for a long time, trying to drown my sorrows in hot water. The only thing I accomplished was draining the hot water tank. I figured that out as the water turned cold, chasing me from the shower. I dried off and got dressed, hoping I could coerce one of my friends to go out for a few beers. I grabbed my phone and dialed Nick, my best friend.

"Hey, Eddie," Nick said when he answered. "What's up?"

"Not a fucking thing, dude. I'm in the mood to get shitfaced. What are you up to?"

"I was just watching some porn," Nick laughed.

"And you stopped to answer the phone?"

"Don't be ridiculous, bro. I was finished. So what's this getting shitfaced thing about?"

"I'm just pissed. My internship is canceled and I'm fucked for the summer, and not in a good way."

"I'll tell you what. Meet me at Fleming's in a half hour. I wouldn't mind pounding a few brews and shooting some pool."

"Cool. See you there," I said.

I waited twenty minutes before leaving, walking past my car and out into the street. Fleming's was in a small strip mall a few blocks away from my house. With the mood I was in, there was no way I would have been able to drive after I was finished drinking. Better to not have the temptation of the car being there, I thought.

The day was warm and sunny, and I felt better being out of the house and in the fresh air. I nodded to a neighbor who was picking up her mail from the box by the curb as I passed by. Ten minutes, a left and two rights found me walking into the parking lot of the row of stores Fleming's resided in. I noticed Nick's car wasn't yet there, but figured I'd go in and get started.

I walked out of the bright sunlight and into the nearly empty bar, taking a seat on a stool at the far end near the pool tables. I ordered a beer and sipped it as I waited. A few minutes later, Nick walked in and nodded as he walked over. We did the requisite chest bump and man hug before dropping onto our barstools. Nick ordered a beer and took a long pull on it before speaking.

"So what the fuck? They canceled your internship? Why?"

"Some budgetary bullshit. I don't know."

"So that's it? Just like that? Can they do that?"

"I guess they can, because they did," I said with a frown.

"What are you going to do?"

"I have no idea. I guess I'll have to look for some kind of job. I need to make some money this summer."

"You should come up to Vermont with me. This place I work at during the summer is always looking for people. They sent out an email last week saying that they're still looking to fill some jobs."

"That vacation place?" I asked.

"Yup. You can make a decent amount of money, and have a shitload of fun too."

"I don't know. What's the place like?"

"It's this family resort right on a big lake. They have these group camp programs for kids in the mornings and evenings, and shit for the parents to do while the kids are in group. They have a bunch of cabins and houses spread out around the place. People love it there because they don't have to spend the entire time with their little brats."

"Fuck that. I don't want to be dealing with a bunch of screaming kids," I said.

"That's the beauty of it. There's a bunch of different jobs. Some you barely even see the kids."

"Still. Doesn't sound up my alley."

"Listen to me, Eddie," Nick said forcefully. "You've been moping around for a couple months because you got dumped. Sooner or later, we all get dumped, Eddie. That's life. This place...you have girls from all over the country, from Canada, some from Europe. Hell, the Russian girls are hot as hell. They make a point of hiring eye candy to keep the guests happy. These are college aged girls looking to earn money and get laid. Do you understand what I'm telling you here, Eddie?"

"I...I don't know if I'm ready for all of that yet, Nick. I just..."

"So what? You go, and you work. Worst thing that happens is you come back with some money. If something good happens, all the better, right?"

I looked at him and nodded. "Fuck it. You're right. What the hell else am I going to do?"

The next morning, I sent an email to the hiring office at the resort. I received a call within an hour, followed by an email. They needed references and a release so they could do a background check. By the end of the day, I had a tentative approval to work as a server in the dining room. Nick also worked there, so at least I'd know someone when I started. I'd get free lodging, three meals a day, and ten bucks an hour. Not bad, all in all.

* * * * *

Less than a week later, Nick and I were in my truck, headed north on Route 91 through Connecticut. The drive would take a little over four and a half hours. It was sunny and the traffic was light as we cruised up the highway with the music cranked up to near deafening levels. We made it all the way up to White River Junction before we finally made a pit stop. We had a bite to eat and used the bathroom before jumping back into the truck for the final leg of the journey. Less than two hours later, we arrived at the resort. Nick guided me to the employee parking lot. We parked and walked over to the main building to check in and get our room assignments.

We entered the building and walked up a short light of steps, finding a middle aged woman standing at the counter that served as the guest check-in desk. She had had an average build and short, reddish blonde hair. She reminded me an awful lot of my mom, I thought as we stepped up to the counter. She gave us a friendly smile as we stepped up in front of her.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen." She looked at me, then at Nick. She brought her hand to her chin as she gazed at Nick, waving a finger in the air. "Nick, right?"

Nick nodded and smiled. "I guess I make quite an impression on women of all ages," he deadpanned.

"Save it for the girls, Mr. Peterson. I've been here for twenty years, and I can count on one hand the number of repeat employees that I couldn't name on sight," she said with a chuckle.

"Don't worry, Sally," Nick said. "You don't need to make up a cover story. This can be our little secret. My friend here can keep his mouth shut."

Sally shook her head and laughed. "And you are?" she asked me.

"Edward. Eddie. Eddie Wilson."

"Okay, Edward, Eddie, Eddie Wilson. Welcome to Champlain Resorts. First timer, huh?"

"Yup. First time."

"You're going to have a great summer, Eddie. I promise. You'll work hard, but you'll have a lot of fun too, and maybe even make some lifelong friends."

"You don't need to sell me, Sally. I'm here already," I said with a laugh.

"You're all comedians these days," she said with a pleasant smile. She handed each of us some paperwork to complete, along with a pen. "Go sit inside the dining room and fill these out," she said. "Bring it back here when you're finished, and I'll provide you with room keys and name tags."

I followed Nick into the dining room and we sat at the table closest to the door. We filled out the forms in the silence of the room, which would become a bustling place a few days later. I finished first and stood up, looking around the large room. There was a world map on the wall and there were pins pressed into it, representing the hometown of each employee for this summer season.

Nick finished and called out to me, and we went back to meet Sally. She scanned the paperwork and nodded before handing us each a key to our room. "You guys will be sharing a room over in Grady on Captain's Road," she said to us.

"Cool," said Nick. I was in Grady last year too."

Sally handed us hard plastic name tags with our names and the resort's logo on them. "You must wear your name tag when you're on duty," she said. "If you lose it, you have to buy a new one for five dollars. Once you're settled in, feel free to poke around and do whatever you'd like. The pool's open, but the water is cold. The heaters don't go on until the guests arrive on Saturday. You need to be back here at four today for an orientation. Yes, that includes you too, Nick," she said with a knowing smile. "Good luck, guys. We'll see you later."

Nick and I headed back to the car, and he gave me directions to Grady. "How big is this place, Nick?"

"Pretty big. The building we were just in has the dining room, bar and some recreational rooms with pool tables, foosball, and ping pong tables. Close by, there's a gym and field house, the indoor pool, and a couple buildings where they do camp programs for the kids. There are cottages all around the buildings. Pull in here," he said, pointing to a gravel road. "This is where the bike shop is. We can grab bikes now."

"Bikes? Why?"

"You aren't allowed to drive this big pickup around the grounds. You'll have to leave it at Grady. We use the bikes to get around, which is fine until it's raining or you're drunk off your ass. I promise you, both will happen, and happen often."

"Are we close to the main building?"

"No. As the place expanded, they started to buy some small cottages and houses along Captain's Road, which follows the shoreline of the lake. Some of the bigger houses are staff quarters. Some of the smaller ones are guest cottages. We're about half way up the road, and aren't that close to anyone else. It's far to the main building, but we don't get the noise complaints that the closer staff housing gets."

I brought the truck to a stop near a large, garage-like structure with hundreds of bikes lined up out front. There were two people outside, both tending to bicycles. Nick got out and shook hands with one of them, a guy named Pete that he'd met the previous year. He didn't know the other one, who apparently was another newbie like me. After a few minutes of chatting, we selected a bike for each of us and put it into the back of the truck. A few minutes later, we pulled up into the dirt driveway of Grady.

We brought our stuff inside and into our room. We were in one of three bedrooms on the second floor. There were two bedrooms on the lower floor, along with a small living room and a tiny kitchenette sporting a small fridge, a coffee maker and a microwave. Our room was a decent size, perhaps fifteen feet by fifteen feet. It housed two beds, two dressers, and a closet. There was a bathroom down the hall that we'd share with four other people.

Within a half hour, we were unpacked and I was lying on my bed as Nick bounced around the room. He looked at me and shook his head, rolling his eyes in the process.

"How about we have a little contest, Eddie? Fifty bucks to the first one that gets laid."

"Come on, Nick. That's the last thing on my mind right now."

"It should be the first, my friend. That's what you need. You get knocked on your ass, you need to get right back up again."

"I know you're right, but..."

"But nothing. Get into your bathing suit. We're going by the pool until we hit the orientation. It's beautiful outside, and that's where a lot of the girls will be. Trust me. If nothing else, you'll get a little color on that pale white skin of yours."

"What the hell, right? I'd rather be lazing around out in the sun than in here," I said as I stood up and opened a drawer to get my bathing suit.

"So we're on then," Nick said with a grin. "Fifty bucks."

"You're nuts Nick," I said as I slipped on my bathing suit. "You get yourself, laid...don't come looking for money. There's no bet."

"We'll see about that, my friend," Nick replied as he bounded down the stairs.

Moments later we were on our bikes pedaling down a gravel road toward the pool. There were cottages and houses lining both sides of the road. Beyond the houses to our left lay Lake Champlain, which became visible when we crested a hill and the houses gave way to a public access beach and boat ramp. The pool area was a short distance further down the road, and consisted of a large, L-shaped outdoor pool and a barn-like structure which housed the indoor pool. The road ended in a T, and we turned left and rode until we reached the inclined gravel drive for the pool area. We rode to the top and put our bikes into one of several bike racks that had been placed alongside the pool fence.

I followed Nick through the gate and over to big wooden box that was placed by the lifeguard's chair. Of course, the bastard had made a beeline right over to the cute blonde who was sitting in the chair watching over the pool. She looked at Nick and broke into a big grin before jumping up and giving him a big hug.

"Nick! How have you been?"

He looked over his shoulder and gave me a wink. Nick is one of those guys that connects with woman so easily, partly because he has no fear of rejection. He stands a few inches under six feet tall, with a thick and muscular build that came about without much effort. His dark hair, eyes, and complexion reveal his Mediterranean heritage. Over the years, I've watched many girls swoon over him, despite the fact that they should have known better.

"It's been a good year, Lauren. A really good year. How about you?"

"Awesome. I spent this past year in Paris on an exchange program. It was an unbelievable experience."

Nick backed away and gave her the once over. "How is it possible you're even hotter this year than you were last year?" he said with that confident smile of his.

Lauren smiled and rolled her eyes. "Same old Nick, huh? But thank you just the same," she said with a grin. "Who's this with you?" she asked as she peered around Nick at me.

"He's a buddy from back home. Eddie Wilson."

"Hello, Eddie," Lauren said as she reached a hand around Nick to me. I took her hand and nodded.

"Nice to meet you," I said, trying to avoid staring at her.

"I'm Lauren. I'm a combination lifeguard and cocktail waitress here. A lot of us fill a couple of jobs. First time?"

"Yeah. I'll be working as a waiter and whatever else they have in mind for me."

"Good. I'll see you guys later, then. I need to keep my eye on the pool, or else I'll get in all kinds of trouble."

"There's no one in it, though."

"Tell me about it," she said with a laugh as she settled back into her lifeguard chair again.

Nick and I opened the wooden box and took out a few towels, carrying them over to lounge chairs on the far side of the pool. We pulled off our shirts and settled down in the sunlight. I watched as Lauren climbed off the chair and plunged into the pool. Nick elbowed me.

"What do you think?" he asked as he nodded toward her.

"She's cute as hell," I replied. "I love those little freckles on her nose and cheeks."

"See? Didn't I tell you? Just wait until the Russian girls show up."

I looked at Nick and rolled my eyes. "Commies," I said with a laugh.

"Hot Commies," quipped Nick as he waved a finger at me. "You left out the most important part."

I smiled and shrugged as I leaned back in my chair to take in the sun. There were a number of staff members gathered in lounge chairs on the other side of the pool, talking and soaking up some rays. One of them, a leggy blonde with hair cascading down to the middle of her back, got up out of her chair and stretched. I felt as if my heart was in my throat as I watched her stand there with her back to me. It was Sam. It had to be. I spent an awful lot of time admiring her from behind, and I was sure it was her.

Except it wasn't. She turned around and gave us a passing glance before walking over to the rest rooms. I choked back a sob as I turned and swung my legs over to one side of the chair and sat up.

"What's the matter?" Nick asked.

"I don't know what the fuck I'm doing here, Nick. I have a feeling this was a really bad idea."

"Listen, Eddie. It hurts. I know it hurts. Just go with it, bro. A smart lady once told me to fake it until you make it. So do that, Eddie. Just go through the motions, and it will get better. I promise. It will."

12345
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • Summer Job

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 103 milliseconds