• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • ABDC Ch. 01

ABDC Ch. 01

"No. No. No. It is N-A-T-A-L-I-A. Yes like Natalie but with an 'A' at the end. Yes. Natalia Richardson." As I pace back and forth I decide to close my bedroom door so my voice will not travel to the common living area I share with my new roommate. It's not until after my door is closed do I realize the pointless gesture considering my roommate is deaf, or almost deaf, mostly deaf? I'm still not quite sure how that works. Maybe the excitement of moving into my first on campus apartment made me block out the whole story. I wasn't sure at the time how living with a deaf person would be but it's been two weeks and so far so good. We've bonded over our love of Aretha Franklin and subtitles, I just have to remind myself to face her when talking so she can read my lips, and to enunciate.

"Ms. Richardson," The voice on the phone snaps me back to reality.

"Yes I'm here."

"Okay well I've cleared the hold on your account, I'm not sure why it was there but you're all set to go."

"So my account shouldn't say I owe any money and my classes won't be dropped?"

"That's correct Ms. Richardson. Sorry for any inconvenience."

"Thank you for your help, goodbye."

It's not until I hang up the phone do I realize I've been holding my breath and I let out a loud exhale.

I flop face first on my bed thinking of what I have to do next; books - check, supplies- check, coffee for the ridiculous 7am class- check. What the hell was I thinking when I picked a 7am social psychology class? Oh yeah, "I really love the professor, it'll be totally worth it." I roll my eyes regretting saying those words. I raise my head as I hear two knocks on my bedroom door and see my roommate leaning against the doorframe. I notice the light from the living room window shining through her amber brown hair giving it a honey appearance and the contrast of the brown door frame to her freckled skin where you can see her summer tan starting to fade and her pale ivory skin beginning to peek through. Camellia had a body bred from the boondocks, medium build with strong arms and lean muscular legs from running track in high school. If you asked her she would tell you she's fit from "running between dicks and clits," a hint at her bisexual nature.

"Are you still unpacking?" Camellia says holding back her astonishment as she gazes around my room at the few brown boxes I have scattered about. "It's been two weeks, I finished the 2nd day we got here. You haven't even decorated yet and classes start next week."

"I just have to unpack my bathroom, the rest is just semantics." I murmur as I hop off the bed and grab a medium sized box. "Okay well when you're done come and find me in the living room so we can talk." "Will do." I say as I remember to make sure I'm facing her.

As I walk into the bathroom and unload the few hair products and the one flat iron I've ever owned. I look in the mirror and take off my glasses, studying how my chestnut colored eyes appear without their daily mask of box framed glasses. I size up my caramel skin and shoulder length hair, that I've recently had highlighted to show fractures of golden honey tones, I shrug my shoulders and think "not too bad". I place my glasses back on my face and turn sideways to look at my larger than I'm comfortable with butt. Walking the campus will definitely help me lose some unnecessary baggage. I turn to the front and suck my stomach in then poke it out repeatedly, in-out, in-out, yeah definite room for improvement. As I do my before and after weight loss exercise I'm reminded of the time my annoying ex-neighbor relayed to me "boobs don't count if your stomach passes them up." While my breast and 5'11 frame gave me pretty good leeway on that point, I was dangerously close to losing the race. I grabbed my breast pushing them up, "I guess it's good I have double ds and not a b or else I'd be screwed." As I stare into the mirror breast in hand proclaiming a healthier lifestyle I'm startled by a shouting roommate.

"Hey are you done?" shouted Camellia "Coming!" I yell back before hitting myself on the forehead as I remember she can't hear me. Yep, healthy living, starting tomorrow, because tonight is pizza and beer.

"So, Saturday we're having a party."

"I'm sorry, what?" I sputtered around the bite of pizza in my mouth.

"A party. You know with people, and music, and fun." Camellia replies sarcastically.

"I know what a party is but why are we having one?"

"Because we're 19 and in college. Do we need an excuse?"

"I guess not." I take a sip of Smirnoff green apple, "I'm not sure you can call this beer" I say as

I place the bottle on the hand me down coffee table Camellias mother brought over.

"Well since you don't drink beer it's the closest we'll get. We save the actual alcohol for the party."

"Yes the party, that we're having, on Saturday." I reply letting the details sink into my mind as I say them.

"So who are you inviting? "Camellia asks perkily

"Uhmm I don't know, I do have one friend who may be able to come."

"Well don't worry I invited some friends and my best friend is coming, his cousin is in town so he'll most likely tag along."

"Sounds great, the more the merrier!" I say feigning excitement. I've never been very social, I mostly only talked to my family and my two best friends or my two only friends I guess. But I was fine with that, not everyone can say their mom is their best friend and mean it, or that they actually like their older brothers, love yes, like no. But my life tends to get complicated and I never really liked having people around for that. The only reason I held onto two friends is because no matter how long I stay out of contact we can always pick up where we left off, which makes them my oldest and only friends.

As I threw away my trash and bid Camellia a good night, I thought about Saturday. This is my second year in college, I made a few acquaintances the first year but I pretty much stayed anti-social. This year will be different no more hiding out in my room, or the library or my brother's apartment. This year I will expand my horizons, leave my comfort zone, make new friends, and try new things. Hell isn't that what college is all about?

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • ABDC Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 23 milliseconds