• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • A Love Worth Fighting For

A Love Worth Fighting For

123

AN: This is a more romantic SM/WW fic to kind of make up for what an asshole I made Kal in my other fic. There is still a bit of a Dom/Sub relationship in this fic but hey its what I like. So for the guy who said I couldn't make Superman any worse if I had him speed blitz the heads off of kittens this is for you. So DarkPool this is for you. Also the fights in here are kind of Blah to me because as much as I love Supes he is OP so it's hard to write a challenging fight if it isn't against someone like Doomsday. And no Bruce wouldn't be a challenging fight :P.

*

Kal floated wrapped in his red cape high above the hidden island of the amazons. Using his telescopic vision, he swept the island looking for Diana. The past few weeks with the death of his father and almost loosing Diana to Mongol had caused him to do a lot of soul searching about what he wanted for the future. And more importantly who he wanted to spend that future with.

Loosing Diana for that week had broken his heart about as much as losing his farther had. It had surprised him at first how much the loss of his best friend, the only friend who could really be called his equal, the only friend who wasn't afraid of knocking him down a peg if he got to pig headed, had hurt him. It had also made him realize just how much he cared for her, not just as a friend but as a man loves a woman.

Kal's heart skipped a beat as he found Diana swimming in one of the large pools on the palace grounds. Her body as beautiful as the stone water nymphs that held up the large roof of the pool. Kal knew he shouldn't stare but his eyes never wavered from her form as she seemed to glide as effortlessly through the water as she did the air. Kal watched Diana pull herself up on the side of the pool and blushed when he realized she wasn't wearing a bathing suit.

'Smallville' he could hear Lois's mocking tone in his head at the fact that he was a grown man blushing in the presence of a beautiful woman. Kal was transfixed as he watched her stretch, her lean cordlike muscles flexing under her bronzed skin. His supervision allowed him to watch each minute water droplet as it slid down her body, running down ever curve and swell and line before falling to the warm marble on the ground.

It took all of Kal's will not to super speed down there and use his tongue to chase each errant water droplet down her toned bronzed back and tight ass. Instead Kal allowed himself to watch her for a minute longer before turning around and heading towards the throne room of the palace. On the ground Diana looked up, searching the sky for where the feeling of being watched was coming from. Not finding anything she turned back to toweling herself off and debated what she could do for Kal.

Kal had opened up so much more to her after the death of his father and she felt like they had become much closer friends. Or maybe something more than friends. Diana grunted in frustration as the wisdom of Athena failed to give her an answer. "Why must men be so hard to understand" She groaned as she thought about Kal. She held him up to her mother and sisters as the idea of what a man could be. But even after the recent months he still held her at arms lengths in some ways to not offend Diana or her mother. This had caused her to be unsure of his feelings towards her even though she had been sure of the attraction she had felt for him for a while.

In the palace Kal waited in the throne room for his audience with Hippolyta. As he looked around he could see that although there was still a number of guards in the chambers their body language was relaxed and their hands hung loosely at their sides instead of gripping weapons. Over the past few years the Amazons had come to at least accept his presence though he wondered if they would ever truly be pleased to see him.

A sudden shock of fear spiked though Kal's chest as he began to wonder what their reaction would be when he made his request. And a smaller one at what Diana would do to him going about it in this manner. But his Pa had raised him to be extremely polite, and he thought that when faced with a powerful queen and her army of literal Amazons it would be a good idea to do it the old fashioned way.

Before Kal's mind could go through all of the worst case scenarios a small door to the side chamber opened and Hippolyta walked in calmly dressed in a simple ever day toga. Kal was slightly happy to see the absence of her magic sword or gauntlets considering what he was about to ask.

"Hello Kal-el" Hippolyta said as she took her seat on the small throne. Both Hippolyta and Diana seemed to prefer calling him by his Kryptonian name instead of his given name. Though he wasn't surprised why she would pass on using 'Superman' "Do you need Diana for League Duties or are you just hear to visit her?" She asked trying to hid a small smirk on her lips.

"I've came to make a request of you your majesty." Kal said in the same tone he used for meetings with heads of states and foreign dignitaries.

"Ohh and what would that be? Nothing is wrong with Kara I presume. Or have you found another long lost relative you would like to send here for a while?" Hippolyta asked in a teasing tone and causing Kal to smile and relax a bit. Hippolyta was always asking Kal about Kara and complaining to him and Diana about how Kara and Donna never seemed to want to come home and visit now that they were full League members.

"No your majesty, though Kara did tell me to say hello. I'm here to ask permission to court your daughter." Kal said and waited for an outburst from Hippolyta, instead something else equally frightening happened. The queen just sat there staring at him quietly.

Inside her head Hippolyta was smiling as she heard Kal's request. Even though Kal-El seemed to think she still disliked him she had actually been won over by his actions and his constant loyalty to her daughters. However, that didn't mean she wasn't taking a large amount of pleasure from watching him practically squirm as he asked her permission to court her daughter. Nor did it mean she would give that permission freely or without making him squirm a little bit more.

Before Hippolyta could answer however she felt a familiar presence in the air before the room filled with a brilliant blue light that slowly revealed the figure of Athena standing between the throne and Kal-El.

"Lady Athena what are you doing here?" Hippolyta questioned as she stared at the goddess who had originally rescued her and her sisters and granted them the safety of the island.

"I heard Kal-El's request to court your daughter, the same daughter who was chosen as your island's protector. The same one on whom I bestowed the bracers and lasso to." The queen of the gods said looking at Hippolyta. The Amazonian queen silently cursed interfering deities, even those who did seem to have the islands best wishes in mind. Athena turned back around to Kal and pinned him with a stare. Kal also sighed inwardly and he came dangerously close to asking the queen of the gods what his thirteen trials would be.

"And what would you have of me your Highness?"

"For centuries Amazons have taken mates though battle. Even Diana's position as the islands defender was chosen through contest. It seems only right that you should be tested in a trail of combat for Diana. If you win Diana is yours. However, if you lose you may not set foot on this island again. Nor may you associate with her outside of your duties in the League" Athena said before being shocked by Kal and Hippolyta's response.

"My Daughter/Diana is not a prize to be won" Hippolyta and Kal said at the same time.

"No she isn't" Athena said letting their anger slide off of her. "However she is the one chosen to protect Thymescra. This isn't a test for her Kal-el it is a test for you. You must prove yourself before you can have Diana as your own."

"What kind of contest will this be?" Kal asked looking at the

"There will be five matches back to back against an arrangement of monsters of my choice. There will also be a final match against a warrior of my choice. If you can make it through all fights and force my warrior to submit then I will bless your union with Diana. You have until this evening to decide. If you choose to accept my demands, then the contest will be held tonight in the coliseum." With that said Athena disappeared as quickly as she had appeared leaving Kal and Hippolyta staring at each other.

Hippolyta leaned back in her chair and rubbed her head. She had only been planning on dragging out the conversation and making Kal sweat a little more but now she was going to have to watch her daughter and the only man on the planet she though worthy of him make a hard choice. Either accept the contest and risk never being allowed to be near each other again. Or choosing not to and spending the rest of their life denying their love for each other. 'OH the gods really love their dramas' She thought.

"I'm going to need to talk to Diana." Kal said moments before the large double doors opened and Diana walked in.

"Kal, Mother, what's going on?" she asked seeing the looks on their faces. Kal sighed and wondered how he was going to explain what had just happened.

"Diana I need to talk with you." Kal said solemnly even though his heart was doing flips in his chest at the sight Diana.

"What's wrong? Oh no did something happen to Donna?"

"No no, Donna was fine when I left. Though she did have monitor duty with Barry so I can't say how she is doing right now." Kal said trying to keep from talking about the elephant, or in this case owl in the room.

"Your patron decided to visit us a moment ago." Hippolyta said.

"Athena was here? What did she need?" Diana asked coming to stand beside Kal. Hippolyta could see the way her daughter seemed to subconsciously lean towards Kal. Her hand hanging inches from Kal's as her body angled towards him in a slightly possessive stance.

"Well" Kal started only to find his mouth drying up. Thankfully Hippolyta took charge of the conversation.

"Kal-El came here to ask for my permission to court you." Hippolyta said in an even tone.

"K..Kal is this true?" Diana turned to Kal and looked at him with a mix of shock and hope.

"Yes, our recent run in with Mongol made me realize that it was time for me to stop denying something that I have been for a while. I love you Diana. You're my best friend and when I thought I had lost you it felt like losing my father all over again."

"Why didn't you come to me with this. I can make me own decisions without my mother's permission." Diana said slightly angry that he didn't come straight to her even though she felt like her heart was about to bust from the answer to the question she had been asking for the last several months.

"Well given your mother and sisters history with men I thought it would be best to do this as coutersiouly as I could unless I wanted to be chased down by your mother." Kal said looking at Diana.

Diana smiled at his answer. No matter how much she reassured him that her mother wasn't going to skewer him every time he visited he still had a healthy fear and respect for her mother and her mother's magic sword. Kal was caught off guard as the next thing she did was wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him. Kal felt his knees go weak as her large lush juicy lips pressed against his, her body pressed up against his as she continued the kiss.

"I love you to Kal. And I would be happy to go out with you. But why was Athena here?" she asked causing Kal to frown at her and wrap his arms around her waist in a possessive grip.

"Athena seems to think that Kal-El hasn't proved himself worthy of dating her champion even with the number of times he has saved not only Man's world but our own." Hippolyta said sourly. As far as she was concerned Kal-el had done more to prove himself than she would have even asked. Yet for some reason Athena still thought it wasn't enough. Maybe it was the goddesses own problems with her relationship that made her hesitant to bless Kal and Diana's

Diana listened to her mother describe Athena's request but instead of worry she just smiled at Kal earning a quizzical look from him and her mother. While the possibility of losing her best friend forever worried her slightly she had no doubt that Kal could defeat any enemy Athena could place in front of him and told him as much.

"How can you have such faith in me." Kal asked humbled as always that someone would put so much faith into him. It was doubly humbling to come from someone who saw him not as a god on a pedestal but as a mortal man with flaws and fears.

Diana placed a hand on his cheek as she looked into his eyes. It always astounded her how little Kal had in the way of ego when it came to his powers and accomplishments. "Kal the first time I saw you was when you punched Darkside all the way back to apocalypse. Just a few months ago you ripped War world in half to rescue me form Mongol. While I would rather be fighting by your side in the arena I have no doubt that you can take anything Athena can summon up."

Hippolyta watched the two embrace each other once more and decided that if her daughter would have so much faith in Kal-el then she would as well. Calling one of the guards over she sent her off in search of the cooks. If Athena wanted a contest, then it was only right to throw a feast for the contestant. And by evening the stands would be packed with a hundred Amazons cheering Kal on, or at least cheering at the fight.

Kal stood in the center of the stadium as he looked around the packed seats and up to the large box where Hippolyta and Diana sat on either side of Athena. Kal and Diana had spent the last three hours enjoying each other's company and taking part in the impromptu feast Hippolyta had called up. He had even allowed Diana to talk him into wearing one of the Grecian style togas instead of his Kryptonian armor in the hope of appeasing Athena.

"Kal-el of Krypton. Do you stand ready to fight for your right to court my chosen champion" Athena asked, her voice seeming to come from the air beside him even though she stood high up in the box.

"I have fought for and with Diana a hundred times your majesty. Today will be no different." HE said causing Diana to smile at him. Though they didn't see the cruel smirk play on Athena's lips.

"Very well let the first match begin." She said and with a wave of her hand caused two minotaur with large hand axes and round shields to appear in front of him.

"To bad I don't have my cape or I could confuse them with that." Kal quipped before dodging one of the axes. He wasn't sure if the weapons were magical or regular steel but he wasn't planning to find out. Dodging another blow Kal focused his laser vision on one of the axes and heated it up until it started to grow red hot. The minotaur let out a loud bellow of pain and dropped the axe into the sand.

The other minotaur seeing Kal's concentration focused on the first one tried to take advantage of it only to find his own axe superheating to temperatures near that of a small star. Once both opponents were disarmed Kal rushed forward and planted a strong punch to the gut to the first minotaur sending it careening into one of the walls before slamming his shoulder into the second causing it to skip over the ground before landing with its horns stuck in a wooden practice dummy.

"It looks like round one goes to Kal-el" Said the queen as she watched him walk over to one of the axes and pick it up. Running it over his thumb Kal sucked in a small breath as it drew blood. 'yep its magic' Kal thought annoyed. While everyone thought he was weak to magic that wasn't necessarily true. He was weak to magic in the same way a normal person was weak to a bullet. In that he just didn't have a defense against it.

"Ok Kal-el let's see how you like round two" Athena said before summoning a group of ten skeletons dressed in the armor of Greek hoplites.

"Isn't this a step backwards? I thought this was supposed to get harder not easier." Kal said before speed blitzing the small squad of skeletons, moving through them so fast that they couldn't react in time. When he was done he was surrounded by three piles, one of swords, one of armor, and one of bones. Kal was about to start congratulating himself when he heard Athena start to laugh, a noise made all that more creepy by the sound of bones rolling against each other.

"Don't you remember your classics Kal-el? Remember the story of Perseus and the Dragons Teeth?" Athena asked in a mocking voice. Kal watched as the bones rolled over each other forming into a large twenty-foot-tall skeleton.

"Yeah but Perseus had something to take out those skeletons with didn't he?" Kal thought "Ok looks like I need to make sure that there is nothing left to reform then since I'm all out of magic skeleton killing swords." Superman ducked under one of the large bone arms and leapt into the air staying just out of reach of the skeleton. Taking a deep breath Kal started to fly around the skeleton blowing out air and freezing the giant creature.

Once the skeleton was encased in ice Superman grabbed onto it and flew it up into the air before swigging it around and sending it shooting towards the center of the stadium. The crowd cheered as the large skeleton hit the ground with enough force to raise a dust cloud. Hovering over the cloud Kal waited for it to dissipate and smiled when he saw the now shattered bones laying in the center of the crater.

"And round two goes to Kal" Diana said in a non-concerned tone. Athena just huffed and got ready to summon another creature for Kal to fight. Diana's non concerned stance hardened when she saw what was next. Standing in the middle of the stadium was a medium sized Hydra about the length of two busses.

"Really? You do know what Kal-El's powers are don't you your majesty?" Hippolyta asked as she watched her hopefully soon-to-be son in law rise up in the air and dodge around the snapping heads before coming to rest on its back. With a single giant swipe Kal ran his laser vision over the base of the hydra's necks cutting them off and cauterizing the wounds. With a hideous scream the Hydra fell to the ground, its heads wriggling on the dirt.

"Actually your majesty I did pay attention in English class." Kal said with a slight smirk and thanked Rao that the goddess had allowed him to keep his powers. Without his heat vision and ice breath things would have been much harder.

"I see, it appears I have made things too easy for you Kal-el. There for I am changing the rules. For your last two fights you will only be able to use your great strength and speed." Athena said waving her hand in the air. The next thing Kal new he felt some invisible vise around his throat and it feel like he was all of a sudden looking though a cloth sack.

Before he could test and see if the queen had really taken away his powers he felt something impact his back and found himself flying across the stadium. Standing up out of the dirt Kal had to quickly roll out of the way to dodge a large rock fist that impacted where he had been laying. Another fist came after him and he managed to grab onto it before it hit him in the stomach.

"I though Golems were supposed to be slow?" Kal grunted as the large rock golem swung again trying to crush his head. Kal ducked under the swing and moved in close to hit the golems midsection. Kal got in two good hits to the golems midsection before having to dodge out of the way of another strike. Though upon seeing the damage Kal didn't think punching was going to work, his concrete breaking punches only cracked the outer layer of stone.

'If I try punching to hard the shockwave could end up damaging the stadium and hurting people. And I don't think Athena is going to let me take to the air anymore so I have to do this another way' Kal though as he continued to dodge the attacks. Even though the golems punches were fast they were thankfully nowhere near Barry or Diana's speed.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • A Love Worth Fighting For

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 101 milliseconds