• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Do Not Pass Go 07 - Conclusion

Do Not Pass Go 07 - Conclusion

1234

What goes around, comes around - my ending to LightontheSound's Do Not Pass Go

http://www.literotica.com/s/do-not-pass-go

*****

I apologize for the delay to this continuation. As you might expect, I hate unfinished stories, especially my own. For an explanation as to what happened, I've recently posted in the non-erotic category called Whatever Happened to FTDS?

In chapter 6 of my continuation, things were coming to a head.

The kids have backed Mom into a corner, with the police and CPS watching her every move. They still haven't backed down, determined to resolve the issues keeping them away from their dad.

Dad on the other hand, appears to possibly be growing a spine. Maybe.

There are too damn many intriguing stories that are never completed, or left hanging with disgusting endings. If I find a story that's been abandoned for too long, I'll give you my idea of an ending. Fair warning, I don't write about total wimps. May not be BTB, all nuclear and shit, but no voluntary cucks, or whiny simpering wimps.

For Information on how I choose which stories to continue, please read my profile.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Peter

Life has a way of throwing you lemons, but there are times when you can make lemonade. God only knows I was overdue.

The fiasco that was my marriage was over and done, but the repercussions of the ending were causing havoc with the children. The woman that I had hoped to spend my life with had warped into the wicked witch and was determined to punish me in any way she could since I wasn't willing to turn a blind eye to her cheating on me.

She'd had her way, for far too long, effectively eliminating me from my children's lives, through lies, deceit, and trickery. That, a slimy lawyer and a seriously broken legal system.

There's a saying that goes, 'Good things come to he who waits.' It looked like my waiting was starting to pay dividends. CPS appeared to be ready to suggest I didn't need supervision to be with my kids. I was banging a beautiful flight attendant like a screen door, and a lovely little co-worker seemed to share an interest in becoming more than friends. Even work was going well.

I was cautiously optimistic after that last conversation with Jessie. Did I believe she was really going to let Jenna, and maybe even Tommy and Traci spend the summer with me? Not completely, at least not without some serious ties attached, but it was progress, at least we were talking without her laughing at me, and throwing hurdles between me and my kids.

My life was finally turning around. At least it seemed like it. I wasn't going to hold my breath.

~ * ~ * ~

My first week back things were still going smoothly. Too smoothly, considering my luck for the last year. Lunches with Pia were pretty wonderful, and once I had Lily's schedule, I convinced Pia to go out again, on one of the nights when Lily was out of town.

Lily and I got together two of the nights she was around. Dancing was her preferred activity, and though I still had two left feet, as least they seemed like my left feet. I no longer was making a fool out of myself on the dance floor, and Lily seemed to appreciate it. She certainly demonstrated her appreciation back in the house she shared with the other stews. Uh, make that flight attendants.

We were lying in bed together, after another energetic romp, when she turned to me, her hand teasingly testing whether there might not be a third go in my alter ego. "Peter," she said softly.

"Mmm," I replied, content, worn out, and more than happy for her to keep playing.

"We should talk."

I know alarm klaxons should have been going off in my head, but at the moment, I had nothing but satisfied feelings. "Alright. About?"

"Us."

That was clear enough. I turned on my side and caressed her hip. Such a beautiful woman, I was lucky to be with her. "What about us?"

"You know my background. I'm not about to give up my career, not yet."

That seemed like an odd start. "I wouldn't expect you to. I know you love what you do."

She inched forward until our bodies were touching, our faces mere inches apart. Her leg wiggled between mine. My hand ran down her back, feeling her soft skin.

"I love what we have together," she continued. "How about you?"

"It's pretty incredible."

She nodded, smiling, then leaned in and kissed my lips tenderly. Her lower body scooted even closer. "You're not looking for more now, are you?"

Hmm. Was that a trick question? Did she want more, so soon? Or was she telling me something else? In spite of the mess with my wife, I still believed that honesty was the best policy.

"You know what I'm coming out of. My highest priorities for the short term have to be my children and my job. I love where we are together, but I'm not ready for anything more at the moment."

She grinned, hugging me tightly. "That's a relief. Me neither. These last few weeks have been nothing but wonderful, and I love being with you, but I think that for now we should remain friends. Great friends, with pretty incredible benefits. You don't mind the benefits, I take it?"

Her hand was still teasing away down below the waist, and it was having a modicum of success. "Lily, you are nothing less than amazing. I love the moments we share, and to be honest, the situation for me is nearly ideal. We have a couple of days a week together, and I'm still able to make time for my kids and concentrate on making a name for myself at work. No complaints here."

"Do you expect us to be exclusive?" she asked.

I paid close attention to the way she worded her question. She wasn't asking to be exclusive. And to be fair, I wasn't planning on it, nor would I expect her to be. Not for now. That's not where we were in this relationship. But it seemed like there was more to her question than that.

"Do you have someone in mind?" I asked. I was careful to say it teasingly, without sarcasm or irritation. I had no right.

"Maybe. It's not going anywhere yet. He's not local, but he wants to see me whenever I lay over. We went out a couple of times, and it was nice. He wants more."

"He's one lucky bastard," I teased, reaching down and giving her tit a gentle squeeze.

She giggled and nibbled on my shoulder. "I bet he thinks you're the lucky one. He's barely gotten a good night kiss out of me."

"Poor boy. You're gonna knock his socks off, beautiful."

"You don't mind? It would be okay for me to see him, to, uh, be with him?"

I pulled her close and kissed her hard. It was long and passionate, and my cock was hardening. "Will you still have time for me?"

"That's what I want more than anything. You'll be my man here. We can get together, go out, and enjoy ourselves. We can share a bed if you don't mind my occasionally being with someone else, when out of town."

"Are you expecting me to be exclusive?" I asked, easing her onto her back. Her legs parted, and I moved between them, rubbing the head of my cock up and down between her legs. We hadn't cleaned up after the last session, and a little effort was necessary to get back inside of her.

"That would hardly be fair would it?" she said, smiling. "I hope you'll be careful in your choices. I'd hate to have to resort to using a condom with you."

She sighed, as I entered her. "I promise," I whispered, before stroking in and out a couple of times. "If it happens, I'll let you know."

"Anyone in mind?" she asked, and I listened carefully to see if there was any underlying sentiment. I didn't detect any.

I wanted to be honest with her. "There was a woman who I saw a few times back in Virginia, but that's going nowhere, for a lot of reasons. I haven't been with her since we started going out. There's a woman from work, we've had a few lunches, but it hasn't gone anywhere. She's a friend. She's been in my shoes and is easy to talk to about my family issues. But nobody I'm intimate with."

"Love me, Peter?" she said, opening her arms to me.

It was different. In a matter of minutes, our relationship had changed, possibly for the better. There was no longer a question of where we were going. No tentative probes about our future. We were friends with benefits, and nothing else for the moment, and that worked for me.

When we finished, she cuddled up against me. "I'm happy," she whispered.

"Me too. This is good. You're a great woman, Lily, just what I need in my life right now, without concern for where things are going. I hope that doesn't sound too crass."

She giggled, kissing my shoulder. "Not at all. It's perfect. If things should change, if your needs change, if you need to move on, all I ask is that you be honest with me."

"Same here," I told her.

"You got it. I feel grimy. Share a shower?"

As if I could say no to that.

~ * ~ * ~

My last conversation with the evil ex was still on my mind. Each day after lunch, I took some time to follow up. Calls to CPS to verify that progress was being made on getting free access to the kids. Emails and calls to my lawyer continued, telling her to get us on the docket to review my case.

Lunches were spent with Pia, of course. I filled her in on my family issues. It was funny, Lily and I rarely spoke about it. Our time was for us, fun time. All our problems cast aside for the moment.

Pia, as a fellow parent and divorce victim, was easy to talk to. We had so much in common, work, kids, a cheating spouse. I found myself opening up to her more and more.

"Dump your lawyer, she sucks," she blurted, after the latest confessional.

"I know, but she's familiar with—"

"Dump her. Get a good one. The courts will be more likely to open up the case with a new lawyer. Find a shark, and tell him what you want, and free him to do his damnedest!" She was leaning close, her voice sharp and crisp. Her eyes fairly blazed.

"I've already spent so much getting—"

"Damn it, Peter!" she snapped. "Don't throw good money after bad. You were burned, and this idiot you're still working with was part of it. Dump her, hire a pro, get your kids, and move on. And make that bitch of an ex-wife of yours suffer. Women like her give the rest of us a bad name."

I knew Pia was right. I remembered the beating I took with my current lawyer at court the first time. I certainly couldn't afford anything like that this time around.

Pia reached across the table and took my hand in hers. "I know it's difficult, Peter, but you're wallowing. From everything you've told me, the kids need your help, and you're letting them down. They want out from under her thumb and are doing everything they can. Now you need to step up. I can have my lawyer give you a referral to someone worthwhile back in the D.C. area. You can't screw this up."

She was right, of course. My current lawyer was talking in time frames of months and years. I didn't want to wait that long. And every month, the invoices kept coming, thousands of dollars at a time, money I could hardly afford. It seemed like every time the bitch farted, I was charged another two hundred bucks. Even paying my sister minimal rent, I was barely able to save any money at all, between the travel and my legal expenses.

Pia and I went out that night. I took her to my regular dance lessons, which were scattered around town depending on the night of the week. She was a little better than me, but not much. We had a good time, stumbling along together, laughing at our clumsiness, clinging to each other, and downing a few drinks. By the end of the night, I was exhausted, but content. The time with Pia had driven the home issues out of my head for at least a little while.

Parked outside her house, I felt like a teenager while we made out in the car. It was nothing like the time I spent with Lily or even Theresa back in Virginia. But it was good. No, better than good, great.

"Dinner tomorrow, here?" she asked, as she straightened her outfit, and checked her makeup in the visor mirror.

As a parent, I recognized what she was offering. Family time, get to know the kids, maybe even some late night affection. I reviewed my own schedule in my head. "I'd love to. What time?"

"Sixish. If that's not too early."

"No, that would be fine. Should I bring anything?"

"Maybe a bottle of wine?"

"Done. I had a great time," I told her.

She turned and gave me a grin. "Me too. I haven't laughed so much in ages. Thanks."

When she reached for the door handle, I almost kicked myself for my lack of manners. I jumped out of the car and ran around the front to open her door. She had already cracked it open, but she waited for me and thanked me as I gave her a hand out. I walked her to the door and gave her another goodnight kiss. I cut it short when I saw prying eyes peeking at us.

"We have an audience," I whispered in her ear, giving her a last hug.

"They're curious. I haven't had many men around since their father left me."

I shook my head. "Guess my kids can't say the same."

Pia squeezed my hands in hers. "Remember what I said, Peter. Go after them, and don't accept no. Fight."

One last peck and I headed home, her words ringing in my ears.

It was the first time in two days that I got to check my personal email. Between Lily, Pia and work, I was keeping busy. I saw I had emails from the kids, and read them. The usual from Jenna and Tommy, telling me a little about their schooling and life, and telling me that they missed me.

Then I read Traci's. CPS? Police? Abuse! What the fuck! I hadn't been gone a week, and everything went to hell in a hand-basket. My kids needed me!

It was after midnight, but I couldn't care less. I picked up the phone.

"Peter? Do you have any idea what time it is?" Pia's groggy voice muttered.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I have to do something about the kids. Right away. Now. I need the number for that lawyer."

I heard her moving around before she spoke. "You're not calling anyone else at midnight. Tomorrow morning, first thing, I'll get you a referral and I'll make sure he knows it's urgent. Tomorrow."

"You don't understand, Pia! The police are involved. My wife has been beating my oldest. CPS is practically camped out on their doorstep. I've got to do something!"

She was quiet a moment. "Alright. This becomes your top priority. Talk to Tate tomorrow and make sure he understands. I'll leave a message on my lawyer's machine to have him contact me as soon as he gets in. That's the best we can do."

"I've fucked this up so bad," I said, feeling my gut tie up in knots. "What if I can't fix it?"

"You can. We will, I promise. Yeah, you screwed up the first time, letting her control the process and set all the rules. This time, it will be different. I swear."

Her calm words seemed to help. I relaxed a bit, realizing she was right. There wasn't much I could do at this hour. "Sorry, I woke you. I just read Traci's emails and I . . . I guess I kind of lost it."

"Call me anytime, Peter. I mean it. I'll be here for you, whatever you need to get through this. I understand." I heard her chuckle. "Now go to sleep. Six a.m. comes around mighty early."

"Alright, I'll try. Thanks again. I appreciate it."

~ * ~ * ~

The next day was insane.

I was out of the house by seven, after filling a bleary-eyed Billie in on the latest. My sister once again reassured me that she had plenty of space for my entire brood. We'd talked about it in the past, but for the first time, I was thinking it might become a reality.

By eight-fifteen, Pia was in my office, letting me know that I had a one o'clock meeting with her lawyer. Nine-ten I was in Tate's office, telling him that things had come to a head with my family, and I might have to take a few hours off. He was good about it, reviewing the nearly sixty hours I was putting in a week, on average.

"Take what you need, Peter. Just keep us posted. Your work is caught up, and the only time you've taken off is the occasional Friday for the last couple of months. You've got almost two weeks leave coming, so do what you have to."

He was a good boss and friend, and I appreciated it. Then again, I had been working my ass off for him.

Noon found me sitting across from Pia, in a sushi restaurant two doors down from her lawyer's office. I gave her the full scoop about my last trip back to Virginia, and she quizzed me on some details. Any opinions she had, she kept to herself, letting me vent.

At one-ten, I was sitting in a conference room with Pia and her lawyer. On the big screen at the end of the table Santa Claus was introducing himself. At least he looked like Santa, rotund, white beard and hair, rosy cheeks and nose. Then he spoke.

"Tell me a story," he started. "And I'll make the happy ending."

I liked his attitude.

It felt a little awkward, confessing all the screw-ups I made in the beginning, and detailing every issue that ended up leaving me essentially without a family. The man only listened, then I noticed there was someone sitting beside him, off camera, taking notes. Only the notepad and hands were visible.

Thomas Myers, my Santa impressionist, didn't interrupt, letting me tell the story at my own pace, in my own words.

"That about it?" he asked when I'd run out of things to say.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Alright. Let me review and ask a few questions. I'll be frank, you fucked this up big time. Damn, son, you did near everything as wrong as you could. That don't mean that we can't shovel out the shit you're buried in, and give it a new home around your evil ex's ears. So, back to the beginning . . ."

It was a good hour before he'd squeezed all the information out of me he could. Then he sat back and grinned. "So the bitch was working with that flaming pissant Rankin, huh? I'm gonna ream that little fucker so bad we'll be using his tears for lube. Slimy little shit gives real lawyers a bad name. How do you want to go about this? No holds barred? Or do you want to wimp out and give the cheating cunt a little mercy?"

He certainly didn't sound like my last lawyer. Not a bit. I didn't have to think twice. "She screwed me over in every way she could. I'd like to do the same."

He clapped his hands together so loudly I jumped, then he was rubbing them together, chuckling. "Hot damn! That works for me. I'm gonna suggest one little act of mercy."

"What's that?"

"We let her keep her job. Otherwise, it's gonna be hell getting her to pay you alimony and child support. And we're gonna milk her for every damn penny."

I did have one concern. "Speaking of pennies, what's this going to cost me?"

"I won't lie to you, I'm not cheap. Three-fifty an hour, plus two-hundred for the young Turk beside me who's gonna be running point on this. But I wouldn't sweat it none. If you've been honest here, your wife will be the one paying. If that's alright with you." His grin made him look less like Santa, and a lot more like a Great White. I was glad he was on my side.

"That's perfectly alright."

"Great. There's gonna be a lot of forms to fill out and sign, and I need a little retainer, say five grand if that won't bust the bank. I'll deal with that idiot you hired in the first place. Here's a hint for the future, never hire a lawyer who got her degree from the bottom of a Cracker Jack box. We'll need an hour or so to get the initial paperwork in order. Then we go into attack mode. You got any problem with suing everyone involved in fucking up your life?"

Sue? Who? "I, uh, I guess not. Who are we talking about?"

"I'm not sure yet. Everybody. It's the way we work. Sue 'em all, and see what sticks. Anybody who lied in the divorce process, her boss, her mother, the asshole's who released the information from your childhood, fuck, everybody!"

"What's that cost?"

He laughed. "Still worrying about the pennies? The lawsuits are on contingency. We get half of anything we can collect. That sound fair enough?"

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Do Not Pass Go 07 - Conclusion

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 9 milliseconds