• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Mind Control
  • /
  • The Symbiote Ch. 05

The Symbiote Ch. 05

12

One of the first things Nathan Cryogen discovered from experimenting with his new powers was that he could tie someone's arousal to virtually anything. He quickly realized that he could have them getting aroused from things as simple as walking, talking, or standing still. Or even have them getting aroused from touching their hair or starting a car's engine. The only limit was imagination. In playing around with the arousal synapse, he also discovered a nub, hidden deep within it, that controls orgasm. Once he had a grasp on it, he found that it operated in much the same way as any other synapse. He could isolate it or tie it to unique things itself, allowing people to get aroused by things but never climax, or setting them to trigger orgasm with a simple gesture.

What he had also learned was that setting up tens of people to work together in a productive manner was complex, but it was nothing next to hundreds or thousands. And what had started out as a hot and satisfying relationship between him and Zena, was fast turning into a rivalry, complete with lots of showing off and one upping. They had so far avoided criticism from Elise and her multi-dimensional people, but it was only a matter of time until one of them got too drunk with power, or went too far in showing off.

After all, they were supposed to be working together. In theory. They were supposed to be creating some kind of world order, but it was difficult to do so properly, when they were finding themselves more interested in creating their own competing tribes. What had started out as a purposeful job to integrate the people of Earth was now resembling something more like a chess match.

Every time they played around with peoples' sexuality, they were essentially creating new beings linked up to an immortal flow of dimensional energy. This meant that much like how Nathan could take lots of hits and shrug them off, so could the people under their control. So having them fight each other would be as foolish as it would be pointless. No one could really die. At least, not as long as they were connected to the flow of energy, and he and Zena had made a pact in the beginning never to go that far. From the exploration they had done into the knowledge of the billions of beings in Elise's dimension, it seemed as if killing was one of the few things that would get you sent packing.

So Nathan was keeping things clean and so was Zena, but that didn't stop them from playing the role of shadow politician, breeding warring factions behind the scenes. They started in America and the people there were already so pitted against each politically that it wasn't hard to manipulate them a little further. The two had both done a remodeling job though, with Nathan changing his party name to the Freedom Party and Zena changing hers to the Utopia Party.

The issues their parties fought for weren't important to Nathan or Zena. What mattered was who won and so far, Nathan's candidate was shaping up well.

The day started out normally enough, with Nathan whistling, while on his way to the campaign hub for his candidate. It was a beautiful summer day out. The sun was shining, there was a light breeze, birds were chirping, and Nathan's assistant, Julie, was traipsing along behind him, in heels, wearing a tight black dress that accentuated her form. She had jet black hair to match the dress and was chewing on a pen, as she half-stared at the notepad in her hand, almost running into Nathan as she did.

She didn't run into him though. Not this time. One of the quirks that she'd retained after Nathan had given her a new purpose was that she was clumsy. Another was that she had a poor attention span. Nathan had found that although he could make her temporarily better at these things, it never quite stuck. That was how he knew when he'd hit on something in a person that's unchangeable. Some aspects of a person bounced back like elastic, as if he'd never made changes at all. It had been like that with Li. She had been submissive in the beginning, but she bounced back and it quickly became tiring going in and moving things around every time he wanted her to bend a knee. She was still under his command, in her daily actions, but the quirks of a submissive never stuck.

Julie, on the other hand, had a deep level of submissiveness in her. Just to see what would happen, Nathan had tried making her dominant once and she'd bounced back in a matter of minutes. He had a feeling that if he let her, Julie would follow him around everywhere, of her own volition, regardless of whether she was on the clock. It made sense. With his power, he was easily the most dominant male on the planet.

Nathan reached out with his mind while he walked, feeling out for signs of Zena's work in nearby people. There were some blips and he considered trying to rewrite them, but it would only slow him down right now. Instead, he reached inside Julie's mind and looked around. The setup he'd put in place the previous day was still there. She already had a habit of biting her pen, so he'd linked up a tiny flow of arousal to the action. He'd also separated her orgasm nub and attached it to her saying the phrase, "There's a message for you."

It was a common phrase from Julie. Nathan was the primary consultant for his candidate's campaign and Julie had a way of using the same phrase over and over for no apparent reason. It was the perfect fit. One of Julie's other common phrases was, "Let's get em, tiger." Nathan laughed at the thought of it. He hadn't yet linked that one up to anything, but it could prove amusing someday.

Julie was still chewing on her pen, even as they walked up to the tall, old building and went inside. Nathan glanced back at her and raised an eyebrow. She blushed and bit down harder, causing her to blush even more. He grinned and got his nametag from the security detail, going into the back room, where the candidate was going over plans with the other campaign leaders.

The candidate's name was Ariana Holmstead and she was tough as nails, with a robust, gregarious personality. Sharp as a whip and sharper on the debating room floor. Nathan had chosen her mainly for her presidential qualities and her electability (she had a reputation as a congresswoman for twenty storied years) but he had to admit, he'd also chosen her because she'd caught his eye. Despite being well into her fifties, she was in fit shape, a little skinny but not enough to look weak, and she had dark skin, with flowing sliver-black hair that came down to her shoulders. She also looked killer in a business suit, somehow managing to find pants that looked formal and still made her ass difficult to keep your eyes off of.

Those who knew Ariana were well aware, just as she was, that the clothing choice was meant to distract her political opponents. What they didn't know, not even Ariana, was that it had been at Nathan's command that she'd chosen to do it. Truthfully, he didn't care much about distracting her political opponents, but he did want to distract Zena and he knew the girl would see right to the source of it.

"Nathan, welcome," said Ariana, as he and Julie walked in. She offered her hand and he shook it, steadily, gave her a brief political smile, and found a clear spot of wall to lean against. The other people in the room were all credible consultants with decades of experience and some of them saw Nathan as a threat. He'd rewritten them to listen to him, when needed, but many still held an elastic level of independence that he couldn't really mess with.

They didn't know they were here because he'd personally picked them out to help run Ariana's campaign, but they did know he didn't have a reputation in politics and they didn't fully understand why he was there. One of them, an older gentleman dressed in a suit that looked equally old, was staring him down from across the table.

Nathan ignored his gaze and chose that moment to wave Julie over. The poor girl tripped over her heels and fell to the ground. In seconds, the older gentleman was up from his chair, helping Julie off the ground. Even as he was helping her, he sent a challenging gaze toward Nathan, as if to say, look at how much better of a man I am.

Under normal circumstances, Nathan might have been annoyed, but instead he found himself grinning. The campaign was doing well, in part due to the expertise of the gentleman who was helping Julie off the ground. They'd already won several primaries and were on track to secure the nomination for the Freedom Party. No one else was coming close, in part because of the skill in the room, and in part because Nathan had done a little sabotage. Most of the other hopefuls had mysteriously found themselves dropping out of the race to pursue other things. He'd left two others in the race, to make it more believable-looking when Ariana inevitably won the nomination, but he had his eye on them, in case he needed them to make last minute career changes when nomination time came.

For the moment, there wasn't much to do other than show his presence and look like he was there for a reason. He never consulted in front of the others, only in private with Ariana, in case he said something politically ignorant. When alone with Ariana, it was relatively simple. If he said something stupid, all he'd need to do is turn back the time in her mind a notch or two. Doing it to a whole room at the same time was infinitely more complicated and messing it up could cause a person to feel out of sync with the world around them.

He'd never felt the feeling firsthand, but he had the sense that it wasn't pleasant.

With Julie off the ground and the gentleman back in his seat, Ariana took the seat at the head of the table and began talking. Nathan leaned over and whispered in Julie's ear. It was a naughty thing he whispered, all to do with tying her up and running his hands down her body, but Julie had a professional streak in her when need be. She took the moment like a champ, keeping her face straight, and writing a fake note, even as Nathan sensed a gush of arousal emanate from her mind.

He held back the juvenile urge to push her toward the edge right there and instead reached out with his mind, looking for new people to rewrite. His attention fell on a townhome, nearby, where a college student was poring over her notes. He couldn't see what she looked like, but he could see through her eyes, sensing the pulsating levels of her body and her mind as it attempted to concentrate on complex math equations.

Allowing himself to sink deeper into her consciousness, he pulled at her memories, glancing over images of her in the mirror, finding out what kind of life she was leading. She was a brunette, with lightly-tanned skin from lots of sunbathing, and a slim bikini body. From the look of it, she worked out a lot and ate very healthy. She got good grades, was aiming for a degree in aerospace engineering, and she lived alone. He searched deeper, trying to find something odd. Everything about her seemed too normal. Too straight-edge. Then he found it.

On the surface, she looked like the poster child of a hardworking, well-adjusted college student. But she had crippling social anxiety. She ordered all of her food to her home, took only online classes, and generally left the house only if it was on fire or there was no other way to get things like food and water. The sunbathing she did was coming up as the same location, every time: On the balcony of her home, where no one would see her.

Nathan looked over her memories, trying to figure out where it had gone wrong. He found that she had moved out at a young age, trying to get away from a duo of alcoholic parents. Her forced independence had made her into an efficient student, but drained her emotional life into oblivion. Emotionally, she hadn't been ready to leave the home. His heart went out to her and he felt a twinge of real sorrow, followed by a glimmer of hope, knowing he may be able to help her.

If he did help her, it would be a double win. She'd have a better life and he'd have a very stable aerospace-engineer-in-training in his corner. But he couldn't do it all right now. Acutely, he was aware that back in the campaign hub, where his physical body resided, the meeting was coming to an end and he was going to have to throw some clever-sounding platitudes at Ariana.

Feeling reluctant at leaving the fascinating college student so soon, he found her address in her memory and memorized it. He then found the synapse related to safety and security, and gave it a nudge, just to see if it would still be there when he found her later.

He returned his attention to the campaign room. Ariana was smiling and the other consultants were filing out of the room. Julie was chewing on her pen, pulsating arousal, looking anxious to get somewhere private.

"Wait outside a moment, Julie," said Nathan. He gave her a sideways wink and to her credit, she stopped the blush that clearly wanted to make its way across her face, instead choosing to walk out of the room with her dignity still intact.

Ariana offered him a seat and he took it.

"So, you've heard what they had to say," said Ariana.

Nathan hadn't heard a word of it, but he nodded anyway. If necessary, he could bluff his way through the conversation.

"What do you think of the idea?" said Ariana. "I know," she added, putting up a hand, "that it's a bold proposal. Taking the campaign team out of the picture and operating on personal merit. It's unheard of. The amount of work would be colossal and banking on public opinion to side with me simply because I'm going it alone is a heavy risk, when I could easily fade into obscurity instead and lose the momentum we've gained."

She paused and Nathan let the silence linger, digesting what she'd said.

It was a crazy idea, Ariana was right about that. Considering his powers, it might be crazy enough to work, but the part that gnawed at him was where the idea had come from. What consultants with decades of experience, in their right mind, would suggest such a thing? It reeked of Zena's influence. But no, he thought, maybe he was being paranoid. Human beings were perfectly capable of making odd decisions on their own. Still...

"I think it could work," he said. "But," he continued, for Ariana showed every sign of interrupting in pure surprise, "only with the condition that Julie and I stay on, in the background, to help you."

Ariana frowned. "Why you two?"

"You know my experience is limited," said Nathan, "but you also know I've proven myself every day since I joined your campaign. The experienced guys, if they hang on, it'll kill the appeal of you doing this on your own. Me, on the other hand. I'm a nobody. Most people don't even know I'm part of this to begin with. And Julie... think of her as an extension of me. We'd be like shadows."

"Hmm," said Ariana. She stared at him. "I have to sleep on this. It's a big decision. What say I call you tomorrow and let you know what I think then?"

"That sounds great," said Nathan. They shook hands and he walked out, with Julie hard on his heels. He was surprised at how swimmingly the conversation had gone, which made me paranoid. He'd learned to trust that when things went that smoothly, it meant someone was smoothing out the kinks behind the scenes. Usually he was able to see when Zena left her mark on someone's mind, but perhaps she'd done it far removed enough that he wouldn't see it. If Zena reached out to relatives of the people she was manipulating and manipulated them into convincing their relatives to offer the suggestion and take it... it was complex, but it wouldn't be beyond her. Zena was every bit as competitive as he was and they'd never made any pacts about manipulating each other's controlled people.

He decided to let the notion go for the moment and focus on the college girl for today. Ariana would talk to him tomorrow and he'd go from there.

"Where are we going?" asked Julie, as they walked. She was trying to fast-walk in heels and a tight black dress, while navigating crowded streets.

Not wanting to deal with her tripping over herself, Nathan tapped into the dimensional energy and gave her a surge of physical stability. It wouldn't last more than a few minutes, but it would be enough time for them to get inside the townhome, where, with any luck, she could take the heels off and sit down.

Nathan found the home and reached inside with his mind, making sure the girl was inside. She was still poring over her homework. The bit of safety he'd given her was still there, but it wasn't doing anything. He realized, with a feeling of stupidity, that he hadn't tied it in any way to going outside, so it was simply making her feel safe exactly where she was.

He searched for the synapse relating to the outside and was about to drag it to the one relating to safety, when he realized that it was in a complicated web with several others. This wasn't going to be easy. Her mind was a mess. Overlapping, twisted together synapses were rampant. It might be a challenge to get her to open the door.

Hit with a sudden idea, he turned to Julie and explained what he wanted her to do. She rang the doorbell, while Nathan hung out to the side, just out of view, trying to make some sense of the college girl's tangled mess of a brain.

He saw her react to the doorbell through her own eyes and sensed a surge of fright emanate from her. She hesitated, then, slowly, put her book down and stared in the direction of the door. Julie chose that moment to ring it again.

Nathan could almost feel the internal battle raging inside her mind. Then, with a snap decision like the crack of a whip, the girl bounded up off the sofa where she'd been working and strode confidently to the door, vibrating with an energy that suggested she was ready to kick somebody's face in.

She opened the door and Julie immediately started in with her door-to-door campaign speech, trying to secure the girl as a voter.

The girl looked hard at Julie, then her eyes caught on Nathan, and she glared. "Who's he?"

"I'm her bodyguard," said Nathan, stepping out of the shadow and offering his hand.

The girl looked at his hand and Nathan saw a surge of mistrust in her mind. She moved to close the door, but Julie placed her foot in the doorway.

"I just want to talk," said Julie. "Girl to girl."

"He stays outside," said the girl.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that, ma'am," Nathan said to Julie, playing the part.

Julie hesitated. The girl hesitated too. Her eyes flickered back and forth between Julie and Nathan.

Then Nathan saw another snap decision go off.

"Fine. But if you try anything weird, I'll kick your ass," said the girl.

Nathan chuckled, but the girl wasn't amused. Still, they got inside and managed to sit down in some free chairs opposite the couch.

The college girl introduced herself as Sasha and then went back to her math book, as if he and Julie weren't present at all. She was wearing loose-fitting white sweatpants and a short gray t-shirt that barely reached her midriff.

Nathan checked on Julie's arousal and saw that she was struggling hard to keep looking professional. Julie was bisexual and right now she was looking at Sasha with ravenous interest. Nathan sent a mental command for Julie to take her heels off and set her notebook and pen down. The girl, Sasha, didn't even notice. She was already engrossed in her work, barely aware that two strangers were in her house.

This was going to be interesting. Having given Julie a command to sit still, to make sure she wouldn't lose her mind and do something stupid, he directed all of his attention to Sasha, trying once more to navigate the confusing jumble of synapses. It would be easy to arouse her, easy to send her over the edge too, but he didn't want to send her into a panic attack. He needed to figure out how to make her feel safe and rebuild the broken trust in her mind.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Mind Control
  • /
  • The Symbiote Ch. 05

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds