• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Dark as Daylight Ch. 12

Dark as Daylight Ch. 12

123456...9

Note: All persons in this novel are fictitious. If you are looking for a great deal of sexual activity, this story is not for you. Those scenes that are included will be either evocative rather than for the sake of sex itself. This story is for your reading pleasure. Its length is undetermined at this time, because I do not know where my mind will take me as I proceed along this journey. I hope you will stay with this story until it reaches its inevitable...

This story is copyrighted material and is owned by Prolonged_Debut10. All my statistics are on file with Literotica.com.

*****

Chapter 12

48. Thrust and Parry

"We are kind of blind northwest of our position. I wonder if West could spare a few men and scout that area for us."

"They just made a count of their prisoners, sir. They have 342, of which 287 are okay, 13 are slightly wounded, 18 are severely wounded, and 14 they believe are not going to make. Should we send our medical staff to them?"

"Hell no, we are in the middle of the battle, our men are going to need what little staff we have on hand. I'm sure as hell not going to give them the Pave Low to fly them to the hospital."

"It's a 30 minutes round trip to the hospital General. You could be saving 18 lives."

"18 enemy lives Captain. 18 lives that attacked an American facility on American soil. I don't care if they live or die."

"Yes sir."

"Get a report from Little Bird on what he sees up north. It's too damn quiet."

"Roger that Sir."

*****************

"Little Bird this is Central Comm. Little Bird this is Central Comm. Over."

"Central Comm, this is Little Bird, 2 miles north of Boundary Line Road, passing over Eastern fence. Enemy moving south in groups of 20 or more. I counted 15 groups in this one pass, and they scattered like trained soldiers. Coming up on employee parking lot, ½ km. from your position. I have three groups of 20 moving along tree line, make that 4 groups of 20, and they are not shy about showing themselves.

There is something wrong about the way they are moving. As long as I am not in attack mode, they're standing up and walking out in the open. It's like they know we are in a defensive posture, and where we will be waiting for them. It's like someone gave them our maps and said they'll be here, here, here, and there. I don't like this sir, not one little bit. Little Bird over."

"Little Bird, this is Central Comm. Conserve fuel, and check our southern flank."

"Little Bird, roger out."

"If they are walking around like they own the place in daylight, what the hell happened to them last night?"

"Colonel Klink through in a ringer."

"Say that again Captain?"

"Colonel Canyon, he threw something at them they weren't expecting, and it screwed everything up for them. Who would ever think of throwing road building equipment into the heart of a battle formation, and expect it to turn the tide, except someone like him. The other side saw those monstrosities coming at them at 15 to 20 mph, and panicked. They didn't have a BB gun on them, just that bright yellow paint, and their size put the fear of God into them, because of what they could do to their little vehicles. That man is amazing, general, he is just amazing."

"Get him on the horn, let me talk to him about this situation."

******************

"General Marcus for Colonel Canyon."

"Canyon."

"Good morning Lucius, one of our helicopter pilots just said he didn't like the way our enemy was approaching us. He said it appeared that he knew our game plan. They were walking out in plain view, because he was not in attack mode. By his count, we have 360 coming in from the north. I am going to half that number, and say that many may be coming in from the south. I don't know how we underestimated their strength by this amount of men, or how they got this amount of men into the states, without us knowing about it, but we sure could use some extra hands down here, in a hurry."

"I don't know what shot our numbers estimates to death either general, but as for those extra hands, they were on airplanes on their way to you one hour after we talked about it. They should begin arriving in Charleston within the next 2 hours or so."

"What do you do Lucius, keep an army in your closet?"

"No general, moving an Army would take me longer. These are 50 or so friends that wanted to go out hunting, so I invited them."

"This new captain I'm using as an aide, keeps saying this to me about you, 'Your amazing Lucius, just amazing."

"It comes with age general. The older you get; the more friends you make. The more friends you make; the more favors you can call in."

"Lucius, when they come down our main road make sure they call us first to get a password. I would hate to start shooting at them."

"They will contact me before they arrive there General. I'll pass them the word. About your other problem, I'll see if I can find out where the leak came from, and how to plug it."

"You do that Lucius; we will be here all day."

"I'll talk to you in 30, General."

******************

"Good morning William, are you more at ease now, than you were a few hours ago?"

"Thanks to you my friend, I had several hours of uninterrupted sleep, which helped me a great deal. How are other things going?"

"Not as well as I had hoped. I have General Marcus under control now, but he has a problem that just arose. It appears someone has given our enemy the playbook to our defenses. You and I both know that is a very rigidly guarded secret. Now we have to start looking closer to home. I believe we have a traitor in our inner circle. I see no other way for them to get that information. It is not transmitted by any electronic method, and is never allowed off-site. I have a strange feeling William, and I have never had this feeling before.

'The Tip of the Spear Must Be Within the Original Twenty Investors."

"As much as I've always gone along with these hunches of yours Lucius, this one is a longer reach for even me. The people you are talking about have been our donors and our friends for almost 18 years. They have backed every play we've made, without exception. What we've asked of them, and was within their power to do so, they have done. Some have gone beyond that point, and risked everything to help us. Before you go accusing anyone of anything, I want you to be 100% sure that you are correct."

"I will approach each of these people as if I was approaching you, William. I will be absolutely sure when I point my finger at the traitor. I will put the paperwork on the table in front of the members of the board to prove his/her guilt beyond any doubt, not just beyond a reasonable doubt."

"That's the way it must be my friend, otherwise I cannot back you."

"I understand. I have taken the liberty of sending Alfonse and his team to South Carolina, along with some friends of mine to help out. If the opposition force knows the details of our defenses, it will collapse after a time. They will have to be relieved from the rear to head that off."

"Whatever you need to save that facility, you have carte blanche. It would take you 40 minutes to get to Albany, and three hours to get to South Carolina. Why are you still talking to me, Lucius?

???????????????????

Lucius, Lucius are you still there? Lucius you damn son of a bitch, did you put me on hold? Lucius, talk to me, you son of a bitch."

"How dare you talk to your wife that way."

"That man handed you the phone and ran out the door, didn't he?"

"He did no such thing. He was in a car, on his way to the helipad, on the back of Patti's property. He gave me the phone when we arrived. The helicopter was waiting for him to go to Albany."

"I hate that man."

"Do you love me?"

"With everything I will ever be."

"In that case you can hate Lucius all you want."

"Stay at Patti's until at least Tuesday, I want to verify all the loose ends are tied up, before we break camp, and rejoin our families."

"That's fine. The babies love the mountain air. They sleep beautifully up here."

"I guess I will have to take you up to our estate in the Berkshires, for a while."

"You must promise to tell me where we have properties one day, William. After I kill you for not telling me, while you were alive, I would like to visit them, especially our vineyard in California."

"I will have our attorneys' draw up an alphabetical list of property's, in every country we are invested. It should only take you two or three weeks to go through it, because I can't remember them all. They are mostly for tax write off reasons, and they get rented out to the 'Right kind of People' many times per year."

"Do you segregate who you will rent to William?"

"NEVER! When I say the 'Right Kind of People', I simply mean people who will care for those properties properly, and with the reverence they deserve. Many of our homes are on the country of origins' List of Cultural Heritage Sights.' I would no sooner see them damaged then to see you get pregnant, again."

"Very well put William. It would be another way for you to die, PREMATURELY!"

"At my age, would any time be premature, my dear?"

"You bastard, if you even dream about leaving us, before your daughters are married, I will find you, bring you back here, and torture you for the next score of years, just to show you how pissed off I was at you. Then, I would really get mad."

*******************

"Why are we still on the ground, Rita?"

"I wanted you to get at least 1 foot in this damn helicopter before I lifted off."

"It wasn't necessary, my head was in here, the rest of me would have followed. Move it, get me to Albany quick."

"Here we go."

"Were we able to get a pilot, on such short notice?"

"Of course, you were."

"I know that voice, and that voice does not come with a pilots' license."

"That voice knows how to fly that airplane. She remembers the license numbers of all the pilots she's ever flown with, both male and female. She's already filed the flight plan, and the plane is being fueled, and serviced as we speak. You can sit at Albany, if you want to Lucius, but my airplane and I are going to Charleston South Carolina. What shall it be?"

"Paul, you do have one redeeming value."

"What's that sir?"

"You are not a woman."

"Thank you for noticing sir."

*****************

"What's going on dad, you have that worried look on your face again?"

"The situation in Glen Falls has come to a satisfactory conclusion, William. However, the situation in South Carolina is deteriorating for two reasons. It appears our enemy has a copy of our playbook. This is not supposed to be possible, because the playbook never leaves that facility. Which brings up problem number two.

Lucius now believes that the 'Tip of the Spear' resides within our community. Actually, within our original 20 members. I cannot fathom it. Each of us has become so wealthy, because of our association with this project, we could buy our own planet, if we so desired. Why would any of us want to do away with the two boys, who hold the keys to that kingdom? What purpose would that serve?"

"Why don't you do what you always do in these cases dad; look at it from a businessman's point of view, and look at your bottom line."

'If you are in the business of making rockets, and these two little boys are putting you out of business, would you want to get rid of them?

If you are a union representative for the IBEW, and you are responsible for fitting out 5 rockets a year, which keeps 1200 of your members employed at $150 an hour, would you want to kill 2 little boys, that were going to put these men on the unemployment line? Would you want your union to lose the $100 per month, per member, in union dues? How quickly would you want to get rid of these 2 boys, if these same men could still be paying their membership dues, each month to the IBEW, instead of being a drain on its resources?"

"If you were selling aviation grade aluminum for the skin of these rockets, and all of a sudden it was no longer needed, because they were going to be building 'ONE LARGE REUSABLE BALL OUT OF CARBON FIBER, wouldn't you want to get rid of these young boys?"

"William, I thought you wanted me to think of these reasons. Why are you doing my thinking for me?"

"I was making believe I took over 80% of your businesses dad, so you could make believe you retired."

"In that case my son, you did an excellent job."

"I could have done it too."

"Welcome back Patrick, where is Audra?"

"She is sleeping. I believe I wore her out."

"After 60 hours of sexual intercourse, minus 1 hour for a meal, I believe she deserves a rest period."

"I agree dad. Thank you for setting up this liaison, with Audra, for me. I guess Will told you about the problems I had with her, in China. You must have found out about her parents' legal problems, and set up a way to satisfy both their, and my needs at the same time. I hope it works out as well for them, as it will for the two of us."

"Please tell me you are not falling in love with her Patrick."

"Rest easy dad, it is nothing like that. We will be what is known as, 'Friends with Benefits.' She will live with me, until she graduates college. I will support her, until she gets on her feet afterwards, and she will move on with her life. We will keep in contact with one another, and she will come to me whenever I call. That is the primary basis of our current agreement, and I can change it, any time I see fit.

There is one other matter I need your help with. While Audra was in China, she was severely beaten in her lower abdominal area. The doctor told her she would never again have Her Period, and no chance of Having a Child. He told he there was severe scaring in her fallopian tubes that could not be remedied, even by aggressive surgery. I would like you to contact moms' doctor, and ask if he would take a look at Audra. I know she would like to have children of her own, and the thought of not being able to depresses her."

Will smiled. "Is this one of the benefits you were talking about little brother; giving Audra a little Zabo?"

"I would only do it, upon written 'LEGAL' request, Big Brother."

"My, my, have we grown up over the past two days. Do you know how many beds you soiled?"

Audra yawned, and replied, "We stopped counting, after we finished the third floor."

"The third floor! You two must be insatiable."

She grinned, "We are pretty flexible, I can tell you that much."

"Dad, what have we done?"

"I'm not sure, William, but if I were you, I would have them finish their townhouse first, for your mother and my sake."

"I will call them now. I will have them double the crew, and put dead bolts on all the windows to keep the burglars safe."

"You are a riot Will. Dad, I almost forgot, how is mom?"

"I spoke with your mother moment all s ago. She threatened to kill me three times during our conversation. In other words, your mother is fine. Everything in upper New York has been satisfactorily resolved.

South Carolina is a problem. Lucius and Alfonse are on their way there now to relieve the defenders. We underestimated the enemy's strength by half. Current estimates believe the main attack came with approximately 2600 trained troops, in two waves.

Mechanized units overran the Southern Perimeter, and were heading East, opposed only by 3 of our 4 helicopters. They cut the size of that force by half, before one helicopter was hit, returned for repairs, and had the injured flown off to the hospital. Lucius pulled one of his tricks out of his hat, and broke up the remaining units, until they decided they had enough, and advanced to the rear.

They ran into the Western Force defenders, who they overran only moments before, and were decimated to a force of less than 350 men. They lay down their weapons, and surrendered to the 80 warriors, who had them pinned down.

Your description of the frontal assault was 100% accurate. You described what they were going to do. They did it, and they lost every one of their lead vehicles into the 'Bear Pit.' They also lost every on-scene commander they had, because they were in those vehicles.

There was a line of small trucks, with 4 to 6 men sitting in the rear, stopped on the road to the building site. The Dragon, and Little Bird attacked the rear, blocking the escape route. The other trucks dispersed into the brush. They cut through the fences, and now there are more than 500 trained men, with knowledge of our defensive structure, setting up for an attack on the building site."

"Dad, please take a deep breath, and slow down. I only asked you how mom was."

"Excuse me for my outburst, son. I have so many things running through my mind now, it is difficult to keep them separate.

Your mother ordered me not to die, until after our girls were married. She threated to come after me, bring me back, torture me, and then show me how pissed off she was at me for leaving her."

"Were you planning on going before then?"

"I hadn't thought about it."

"Good; keep it that way, and mom will stay off your back; unless, of course, you want her there."

"He is beginning to talk to me like you do William. I am going to have my hands full with the both of you very soon.

"I believe that is going to be very good for you, dad. You will be able to control your empire through the two of us, rather than having to worry about overloading me, while I am still learning about the nuts and bolts of your businesses."

"You are not worried about your brother overtaking you?"

"Not one little bit, dad. He is so much smarter than I am. He was going to do it sooner or later anyhow. It may as well be sooner, and he can be Chairman of the Board by the time he is 18."

"I am moving to Tibet. They do not have internet access there."

"Where you go little brother, dads' business' follow. Your life of leisure is 'OFFICIALLY OVER."

"I knew you were treating me nice for a reason. You were going to laugh at me, when I became older than you are."

"Isn't life terrible, when God gave you a brain like yours. He makes you pay for it in ways you never see coming. You have to go to 'Rubber Chicken Dinners' in a tuxedo, to receive some meaningless awards, and thank the people that give them to you. How many do you have gathering dust dad?"

"I had so many in a warehouse, I had to arrange for it to be broken into, and removed by unknown deviants, to make room for the next group. My insurance company offered to pay full price to replace them, just for their 'Sentimental Value' but I refused. We own 26% of that company, and I felt it would be a conflict of interest."

"You are such a considerate man dad."

"While I have the floor, I plan to have the women home Tuesday evening. We will be back from Washington, by late that afternoon, to greet them. Do you have to brush up on any testimony you have to give the Senate panel?"

"No dad, I have it all covered. McCain is going to be the only fly in the ointment. I have him down cold. He had his minions refuse to give Doctor Luck permission to build the Good Luck 1, on unused, restricted military property, in Arizona. He had first choice and he turned it down, in writing. I can't wait to see his face, when I quote him Chapter and Verse on that point, when he raises his voice to me."

"Be nice Patrick, you may still have to work with these people."

"As you wish dad."

Audra pleaded, "Patrick, food please, I am starving."

123456...9
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Dark as Daylight Ch. 12

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 11 milliseconds