• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Peaches and Cream Pt. 04

Peaches and Cream Pt. 04

123

Just want to take a moment to thank everyone for their continued support of Cat and Matt's journey. I have been ill so this installment took longer than originally planned.

-First thank to M for her editorial help, J for Matt's soul and P for Matt's passion.

-To all the people who send me feedback if you want a personal response to let me know.

Ms Pie

********

October 1996

Catherine regretted not canceling her tutoring session with Matt. She needed time to recover, time to get her bearings back. Fall Break at home was nothing short of agony thanks to Patricia Miller.

The weekend began on an unpleasant note when Catherine returned from class to find her mother sitting on her freshly made bed. "Cathy, I was appalled by the state of your room. You left your bed unmade, clothes on the floor and books strewn about. I took the liberty of stripping the bed and making it with fresh linens. God knows when you changed the sheets last." Patricia's voice dripped with displeasure.

As usual, Patricia Miller was impeccably dressed. She wore freshly pressed navy pants with a blue plaid shirt and low blue heels. Flawless makeup accentuated her deep brown eyes and high cheekbones. The outfit was finished with tasteful gold jewelry and her diamond wedding set.

Catherine could tell by her mother's expression that her overalls and long sleeved t-shirt did not pass muster. "I presume you are changing before we head home." It wasn't a question but an instruction. "I took the liberty of choosing something for you." Catherine noticed the black pants and tunic top lying next to her mother and sighed. Arguing with her mother was futile.

Catherine remained quiet on the three-hour ride home. However, the same could not be said for Patricia. She chatted on about her book club; they were reading John Grisham, her ladies group's annual Christmas tea, and friends' daughters. According to Patricia, everyone was doing better than Cat. In Patricia's world "doing better" meant having a man.

"Cathy, the ladies and I agree that Math is not a major for a young lady. We agree that teaching is the correct choice for you but maybe you should look to elementary school. I know your father is set on business but that is not appropriate for a girl with "your temperament". Tears are not appropriate for the office. Plus I know a girl like you needs a husband, not a career."

"Speaking of a husband, any prospects?" Patricia turned expectantly to Catherine. Patricia criticized Catherine's decision to attend an all women's college. She fretted Catherine would not meet a husband while in college. Catherine shook her head no. "Honey, I told you going to a girl's school was a bad idea. I understand you needed a small college but there were plenty of small co-ed colleges you could have applied to."

Suffocating from the weight on her chest, Catherine tuned out her mother's chatter. She'd heard it before. If her mother's eyes, Catherine was a bookworm, with limited social skills and needed a man to "show her the world". Well, at least she wasn't harping on her weight.

"Catherine, I think it would be best to wait until we got home for lunch. These fast food options aren't going to help you shed pounds. I will make us a nice salad with no dressing. We need to cut our calories." Cat smiled at her mother. "I think you should get up tomorrow and join me for my two-mile walk. As you know "being chubby doesn't get you a hubby". Patricia smiled at her clever pun. All signs pointed to it being a long weekend.

For the first time, Matthew arrived before Cat for their tutoring session. He usually found her camped out at a back table with her head bent over a book. She would look up, give him a dazzling smile and finish her chapter. It was disconcerting for Matthew not to find her there. He took for granted every Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm Catherine would be waiting for him at the library.

Matt checked his watch, 7:15. For Salem students, Fall Break ended today so maybe she got back later than planned. Could she have rescheduled? Matt had not checked his phone messages before heading over. Thinking back to Thursday he did not recall her saying anything either. Deciding if he should leave or not, Matt caught a glimpse of her heading to the table.

"I was almost ready to give up on you," Matt called out jokingly. Cat smiled but it was not her usual smile. Instead, it came off as a halfhearted attempt to humor him. There was never before seen heaviness about her, the weight of the world on her shoulders. She slinked down in a chair, not her usual one, and slipped her backpack on the table.

"Fall Break rejuvenates people. It looks like it had the opposite effect on you, Cat. What's wrong?" Catherine saw concern in his eyes but waved it off. "Just tired. It was a long car ride back." But Matt knew it was more than that, she looked downright sad.

"I know just the thing to cheer you up." Matt broke out into a full grin. He slid a piece of paper face down across the table to her. "If this doesn't make you happy nothing else will." He winked at her.

Curious Catherine flipped the piece of paper over. "Oh my God Matt!" She jumped up and went around the table. Wrapping her arms around him she whispered: "I am so proud of you!" Matt stood up and returned her hug. He'd never been this close to Catherine before. He was surprised by how natural her soft body felt against his and the fullness of her breast. He inhaled the light floral scent lingering on her skin.

If he was unnerved by her absence previously, he was deeply unsettled by his reaction. Catherine was his math tutor. And not to be politically incorrect Matt was not into "black girls", especially full figured, brilliant, black girls with smart mouths. Matt looked at her mouth. How had he missed her full lips? And did she lick them like that often? Suddenly she flashed him one of her brilliant smiles.

"You were right! This makes me happy." Matt reluctantly released her. Catherine went back to her side of the table and sat down. "You didn't tell me you had a test coming up. I just saw you Thursday night. When was it?"

Matt sat down. "It was Friday. You were stressed out by your midterm in Chemistry. I didn't want to put more pressure on your plate. Besides I have an incredible teacher who took me from an F to B- in less than 4 weeks."

Catherine beamed. "Matt it's all you. You did the work I just supervised" Catherine looked over the test. There were several problems similar to the ones he missed on the first test. He solved those with ease. Catherine then looked at the problems he missed. She took out her pencil and jotted down notes.

"Cat, I want to do something special for you?" Catherine looked up at him. "A little thank you for all your hard work."

"Matt you pay me. And you do the hard work. This grade says that you listened to my advice and took it seriously. That is all the thanks I need." She slipped off her glasses. Matt noticed the glisten around her eyes. Was she on the verge of tears over a math grade? No, he suspected it had more to do with the heaviness about her earlier. "Recently I questioned my decision to be a math major. I realize Math is where I belong. If I can teach you math, high school students will be no problem."

Matt reached out and grabbed her hand. "Catherine if there is anything you want to talk about I am here. I don't understand why you would ever question your decision to major in Math. Your mind is exceptional. I could have chosen any tutor at Wake but I decided to drive across town for the best. And Cat you are the best."

Catherine laughed mostly to diffuse the tension between them. "Well, in that case, I deserve something special. Not everyone can teach complex calculations to a track star, can they?" She laughed again. Matt realized it was the first time he'd heard Catherine laugh. There was something magical about it and loud.

"Thank God we aren't at Wake's library! That laugh would get us kicked out. Who knew you had this side to you. Turns out the bookish library mouse can get rowdy." Catherine stuck her tongue out of him. "Dinner on Friday? My treat." He raised an eyebrow at her.

Friday Night? Catherine knew there was a line of women who would love to spend a Friday night with Matt. Quite a few at Salem who wanted Cat to slip him their number. Catherine knew Matt was unaware of the stir his presence caused in the library. Sometimes she wondered if he realized how handsome he was.

Meredith had warned her he was handsome but nothing prepared Catherine for the moment she laid eyes on him. He'd bounded up the stairs to the third floor in gym shorts and a t-shirt. It was hard not to notice his 6'3'' frame, runner's body and muscular legs. The clipped short black hair showed off his striking face. He had a strong jaw, elegant nose, and beautiful lips. But what drew Catherine were his grey-blue eyes. The more time they spent together, the more she realized how expressive they were. They darkened to storm clouds when he was deep in thought and sparkled like a summer day when he flashed his devilish grin.

"Let's do it Monday night."

"Catherine, there is no one I would rather be with Friday night than you." Catherine knew he was being kind. "Unless it's you, Catherine, who has the hot date Friday night. Have you been keeping a boyfriend secret from me? I am starting to believe I don't know you at all"

Catherine could feel her cheeks turning pink. "No, there is no secret boyfriend."

"Then it's settled, I am taking you out to dinner Friday night. I will pick you up at your dorm at 7pm. Now all I need to know is which building is your dorm."

Catherine winked at him "Meet me here Thursday and I will tell you." Matt laughed. He pegged his bookish library mouse all wrong.

Catherine sat in the basement of her dorm watching Bold and the Beautiful. Her classes were done for the week. Luckily she had no major assignment due next week. The plan for the weekend was to rest and catch up on her history reading. She made a silent note to tell Matt she'd aced her Chemistry midterm.

Matt. Catherine silently hoped he would have changed his mind about dinner tonight but he had not. Something about being alone with him flustered her. Not that Matt gave her any indication she should be flustered. Cat decided she needed to stop reading romance novels. That is the only place where the bookish heroine ended up with the devilishly handsome rogue. She just used the word rogue in a sentence, proof she read too many romance novels.

"I hate it when you beat me here. Now I will not get to watch All My Children." Catherine watched Nicole stroll into the basement. Nicole lived in the room next door to Cat. They were both sophomores with absentee roommates. Nicole's roommate was from Winston-Salem and spent more time at home than on campus. Catherine's roommate had a boyfriend in another time. As a result, they hung out most weekends. Nicole was a piano major who spent most of her time sequestered away in the practice rooms at the Art Center.

"You must have been lost in your music. I missed you at lunch not that you missed anything." Nicole sat down next to her on the couch. Catherine handed her the remote. "I am not in the mood for Brooke and Ridge today. You can turn it to All My Children." Catherine needed to eliminate soap operas next. Love fated in the stars was not realistic.

"Hey, girls! What's up? I knew I would find you here" Tiffiny came in carrying a stack of magazines. She was dressed in leggings and an oversized t-shirt. Tiffiny lived at the end of their hall with her roommate Alicia who trailed behind still in her pajamas. Tiffiny and Alicia were the party girls of the group. They were also the only other 2 black students in their dorm.

"Just the usual soap opera debate. Are you two just getting up?" Tiffiny sat down in the chair across from them and laid her magazines down on the coffee table. Alicia draped herself on the other sofa. Alicia was the type of woman people couldn't help but notice even in Minnie mouse pajamas.

"Kappa party at Winston-Salem State last night to kick off fall break," Alicia said before she closed her eyes. "We would have asked you two but you would have said no, so we did not. Besides Cat we know you are otherwise engaged on Thursday nights."

"What is that supposed to mean, Alicia?" There was something in Alicia's tone she did not like.

Tiffiny answered "Stop being so sensitive Cat. You must know the rumor mill is all about you and your handsome "tutored". Half the campus has been up to the third floor to see the two of you sequestered at the back table together. I was up there myself. For a white boy, he is quite handsome." She flipped open a magazine.

Alicia continued. "And Tuesday evening you two were seen hugging and holding hands. And last night you two just spent the evening on the couch with him reading poetry to you. It was all very cozy and not math related."

"You just woke up. How did you have time to listen to the rumor mill?"

"We ran into the rumor mill at IHOP, if you must know." Alicia appeared bored by the conversation mostly because it was not about her. "Cat I am happy for you. If anyone needs to get some, it is you. You're uptight but after meeting your mother last week, I know why."

Nicole knew Alicia hit a nerve with Cat. "Cat, don't get upset. People have asked me about the two of you and I am not plugged in the rumor mill like these two." Nicole looked at her. "Only you know the truth about your relationship with him."

"There is nothing to tell. Matthew's a friend of Meredith's boyfriend. They are on the track team together. He failed his Calculus test so she suggested me as a tutor. And yes we hugged on Tuesday because he passed his test with a B-. I was proud of him."

"In Cat's defense, she did hug me when I passed my math test," Tiffiny interjected while still focused on her magazine. "And I can vouch for your skills as a math tutor. I believe you Cat, you are his tutor. This is an all women's college and woman talk. There are worse things than for people to think you are having an illicit affair with a handsome track star."

Tiffiny closed the magazine and leaned in. "Since we are discussing rumors, guess which two women are sharing the same boyfriend and have no clue." Tiffiny launched into a tale that was definitely more interesting than All My Children.

The conversation lulled when One Life to Live came on. Cat moved to the chair near Tiffiny so Alicia and Nicole could gossip about the characters. Tiffiny preferred real life soaps operas to any daytime drama. Cat grew up on CBS soaps so she did not have the investment Nicole and Alicia did.

"Are you reading Cosmo again?" Catherine picked up a magazine and flipped through the pages. Cosmopolitan magazine held little interest for her. She did not care about celebrity gossip, latest makeup trends, and sex tips. The clothing articles featured women a third of her size.

"You need to give this a magazine a try. Catherine, Alicia is right, you need to loosen up. Patricia is not here; stop playing the part of a good catholic girl. Plus these magazines are full of useful information. For example, you would look good in this dress" Tiffiny held up a picture of a v-neck cinched waist dress that flared over her the models hips. "This would show off your curves." Catherine had to admit the shape of the dress was flattering.

"Besides, you will need sex tips at some point. Even good Catholic girls don't like bad sex. I bet you never had an orgasm have you." Tiffiny lowered her voice "Do you even know what an orgasm is?" Catherine knew she was blushing.

"I read Jackie Collins and Judith Krantz. I know what an orgasm is." Catherine did not want to add all she knew about sex came from Jackie Collins and Judith Krantz. Sex education from her mother was heavy on the guilt and shame of premarital sex and light on the fundamentals. Sex with her high school boyfriend was not a memorable experience. Like a good Catholic, she'd confessed her sin to the priest and received a penance of 2 our fathers.

What could it hurt to read up on the subject? Catherine opened to an article "15 ways to improve your blowjob skills". She put the magazine down. She needed an introductory article on blow jobs first.

General Hospital was going off. Had Cat really wasted almost 2 hours reading articles on sex? Catherine started to feel the issue may be her. Was it possible being Catholic had made her frigid? Not surprisingly Cosmo had an article about sex and Catholic guilt.

"So what's the plan for tonight ladies?" Alicia stood up to stretch. "Head to dinner or order a pizza? I brought some videos from home we can watch tonight. But I do need to shower and change clothes first."

Tiffiny looked up. "Let's see what they have in the cafeteria tonight first. I am trying to save money. Nic and Cat do that work for you?"

Cat looked up from her magazine. "I can't. I have dinner plans tonight."

Alicia looked at her "Do you have a date tonight? And with whom?"

"It's not a date; Matt just wants to buy me dinner. A thank you for all I've done."

"Matt?" Recognition dawned on Alicia "Oh my God, the guy you tutor. Is he buying you dinner on a Friday night? And to think I believed your BS you were just tutoring him. Way to bury a lead, Catherine." Cat sighed. Alicia would have this tidbit dropped in the rumor mill before Matt landed on campus. Exactly the reason she tried to avoid telling her.

"That sounds like fun." Nicole interrupted Alicia "What are you planning to wear?" Cat had not given much thought to that. "Not sure jeans and a top perhaps."

Tiffiny stood up. "You have to do better than that Cat. I can't let you leave campus looking anything than your best. This is definitely not a time to be Cat-like. No worries I have a plan."

Matt got lost getting to Catherine's dorm. He hated being late for anything especially a date. Was this a date? Matt wasn't sure. Last week Cat was his tutor an encyclopedia of math knowledge but this week he saw her in a new light. There was definitely more to her than math.

Matt had a growing awareness of her body. Usually, when they met, Cat was wearing oversized t-shirts and baggy jeans or sweatpants. Tuesday was the first time he realized she had a body under those clothes. He suspected it might actually be a nice one.

To confirm his suspicions she'd arrived for tutoring Thursday in a simple V-neck A-line dress. that gave a tantalizing view of her cleavage and skimmed her curves. "Sorry, I am running late. We went to mass tonight and decided to grab a bite to eat before heading back. It took longer than planned." She sat down next to him on the couch. "Waiting long?"

"You're worth the wait" He rested his hand on her leg. "I needed the time to catch up on my poetry reading for English Lit before 1800. We started a unit on John Donne."

Catherine slipped off her heels and drew her legs underneath her. "We are reading John Donne in my English class too, The Holy Sonnets. I had no idea we were studying the same thing. Matthew, do you realize we spend about 5 hours a week together and know little about each other. I don't know your middle name, your favorite color, your birthday or favorite pizza topping."

"Raymond, blue, November 28, and pepperoni. Now your turn."

"Sarah after my grandmother, January 22, red and mushrooms," Matt smiled at her.

"I didn't realize you were Catholic?"

Catherine smile. "Yes very Catholic. My mother was raised Catholic and it was important her children were too. My dad was in the military so I was enrolled in Catholic school wherever we lived. When we settled into Fayetteville I went to public school but was involved in youth group. I try to go to mass regularly. And you."

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Peaches and Cream Pt. 04

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds