• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Teresa's Christmas Story Redux

Teresa's Christmas Story Redux

123

The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Part 1 - Prologue

Saigon, South Vietnam. Christmas, 1972.

"Cordell! Why aren't you at the bar with the other guys, having a drink? It's Christmas." said the Captain. He'd been sitting alone in the Quonset hut that served as barracks and his office when the Corpsman had come in.

"Same reason you're not, sir." said Corpsman Leonard Cordell. It was unusual to see Army Airborne wings on a Navy Corpsman, but Cordell had earned them in a harrowing combat jump with the Captain and his unit of the 173d Airborne Brigade, to relieve and rescue Army soldiers that had been attacked weeks before.

"Well," said the Captain, "we ought to be celebrating Christmas with our families by this time next year."

"I hope you're right, sir." said Cordell. "But this God-cursed war will go on as long as someone is making money off of it, and Congressmen are not in danger of losing elections over it."

"You are the cynical one, Cordell." said the Captain. "But we'll see. I think you and I will be home by next year." He took out the picture of his wife, looking at it. "You know, it's going to be great. We're going to have kids, and we'll be setting up the toys on Christmas Eve, then watching the kids come in on Christmas morning and seeing what Santa Claus brings them." He became lost in thought.

Cordell did not interrupt his introspection. He was cynical enough to realize that the best laid plans didn't always come to fruition. But he hoped that the Captain's dreams would come true...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Oh, it's so good to see you!" exclaimed Molly as she hugged her mother at City International Airport. She then hugged her father. It was Monday, December 21st.

"Well, where is that new grandchild of ours?" said William Ross. He was tall at 5'11", very slender, and he seemed to look very old to Molly, much older than his age in the sixties.

"Oh, William, do be patient." said Margaret 'Maggie' Ross, his wife and Molly's mother. "Molly's right not to bring a little baby into an airport like this." Maggie was not quite Molly's height, and starting to get a bit dumpy as she grew older, but not too much. She was younger than her husband by several years.

"Let's get your baggage and drive on over." said Molly. "Cindy's on duty. She didn't think you were coming for two more days, and I want to surprise her..."

Part 2 - Runaway

Town & County Police Lieutenant Teresa Croyle was driving around Town on Monday, December 21st. She was in plainclothes: jeans, a denim jacket, tie-dye shirt underneath, and tennis shoes. She'd been looking for a runaway orphan girl named Amy.

Amy was fourteen, maybe fifteen, slender, light brown hair like Teresa's. She'd come back to the orphanage the week before, but had disappeared again Sunday. The orphanage people were beginning to get angry about it, and were saying the girl would have to be transferred to a State facility if this kept up. For some reason, Teresa told them she'd like to find out the full story before having them do that. They acquiesced... for now.

This was Teresa's only mission; everything else was paperwork and desk duty. Not much had been said, but she and her boss, Captain Cindy Ross, both knew well that Commander Donald Troy, the Iron Crowbar, did not care to have his Holidays blemished by having to deal with any problems with the name 'Teresa Croyle' attached to them. But at least she had a mission and could do some work.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Oooh, Commander, you're looking sharp!" exclaimed Lt. Tanya Perlman, as she entered my office on the morning of Monday, December 21st. "What's the occasion?"

I was wearing my dark blue pants with the double row of light blue piping on the sides, and my light blue uniform shirt with metal ranks on the shoulders and a leather sash belt from the right shoulder to the left hip, connecting there to my pants belt. The dark blue necktie was tucked into the shirt between the first and second buttons.

The shirt was relatively tight and form fitting, and my badge was shined up over the left pocket, and the red and purple ribbons, both bordered in silver medal, were over my right pocket, just over my name tag. It wasn't formal, but one mere step down from Duty Dress. I looked good, impressive even... and I needed to look that way today.

"You know something, Tanya?" I replied, "I have never had the occasion to meet in-laws before. Melina's parents and Laura's parents were deceased and I never met them. Molly and Cindy's parents are coming today, and they'll be looking hard at me as the father of Molly's children."

"You'll charm them as you do everyone else." Tanya said with a grin. "By the way, I appreciate you inviting me and Pete and Pamela to your house on Christmas Day as well as Christmas Eve."

"We'd love to have you." I replied. "Carole thinks Little Pete is her brother, just like the rest of the boys. By the way, are you inviting Jack Muscone over? He should come up, too."

"He begged off." said Tanya. "He said he and his FBI Team were going to get together. Only Eduardo is married, and they don't have kids yet. Martin will go with Sandra, of course."

"I very much hope to hear that Sandra gets a ring for Christmas." I said.

"I dunno." said Tanya. "Martin said that he and Sandra have talked about it, and want to wait. I'm not sure what for, though."

"Well," I said, "I suspect that's going to be figured out by the Fourth of July..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Teresa's cellphone rang. It was Sergeant Irwin, who was becoming to her and Vice what Sergeant Rudistan was to Tanya and MCD.

"Ma'am, a person matching the description of your orphan was just seen near the Saskia Warehouse." Irwin said.

"I'll head on over." said Teresa. "Come in as backup, but slowly and discreetly. I don't want to scare her off." Irwin acknowledged and signed off.

The Saskia Warehouse was west of the Girls Orphanage, which was west of Church Row, as it was called. The warehouse had been abandoned for a year, since the Saskia Company had moved out of Town after their Canadian-based business had failed. Teresa pulled up, seeing an opening in the fence. She went through and into the main warehouse.

Looking around, she didn't see anyone, but as she resolved to head to a back area, a teen girl darted out and tried to run past her to the door.

"Hold on!" she shouted. She easily grabbed the girl at the doorway. "Amy, I'm here to help you!"

Hearing her own name stopped the girl. "How do you know my name?" she asked skeptically.

"My name is Teresa. I'm a Police Officer, and I've been looking for you. People are worried about you."

"I always go back to the orphanage." said Amy. "Why are they worried?"

"They get worried when they can't find you." Teresa said. "And it's about accountability, too."

"Okay, let's go back." Amy said, turning to the door. It was as if she were in a hurry to get back... or to guide Teresa out of this warehouse.

"Hold on, hold on." said Teresa. "I have to talk to you first. Let's sit down on this bench outside here." She led Amy to the picnic table that had once been used by employees, and they sat down.

"Tell me, Amy, why do you keep running away?" Teresa asked.

"I just need to get out of there every once in a while." Amy said, and Teresa did not need a crowbar to see that Amy was not telling her everything. "I just need to spend some time alone, then I go back. What's the big deal?"

"Are they doing anything to you at the orphanage?" asked Teresa. "Hurting you or molesting you in any way? You can tell me, and I can help and protect you."

"Oh no, nothing like that." said Amy. "They're good to us. Honest."

"Okay, okay." said Teresa. "I have to ask, though. And look, really, if there's anything I need to know, now is the time to trust me and tell me."

"No, it's good." said Amy. "So are you going to take me back, or take me to the Police Station?"

"Oh, I dunno." said Teresa. "If I take you to Police Headquarters, Commander Troy is going to want to ask you a lot of questions."

"The Iron Crowbar?!" exclaimed Amy. "You know him?"

"I work for him." said Teresa, seeing Amy's eyes light up. The Iron Crowbar's reputation was growing, obviously.

"Oh, wow!" said Amy breathlessly. "Can I ask you something?"

"What?" Teresa replied.

"Is he really ten feet tall?"

Teresa laughed heartily, as heartily and as deeply felt as she'd laughed in years. "That's good, that's funny, Amy. No, he's about 6'4", but not ten feet tall. But for the criminals, his mind is ten feet tall and then some."

"Wow, we heard he was huge, a big giant man." said Amy. "And no criminal can escape him."

"He is that." said Teresa. "Okay, I'll tell you what I'm going to do. Here's my card. Keep it hidden on you. If anyone tries to hurt you in any way, you call me. And if you feel like running away, call me, and I'll come get you and we can walk around the Park or something. But you've got to stop running away, because the Orphanage can't handle it, and they might send you to the State Facility... where you don't want to go, okay?"

"All right." Amy said. She got up, ready to go. Teresa wondered why she was so eager to get moving...

Part 3 - Meeting the Parents

"She asked if you were ten feet tall." said Teresa. She was in my office, still in civilian clothes, which had created its own stir in the halls of Headquarters. "I took her back to the Orphanage. I talked to the Headmistress there, and told her that if Amy feels like going out, to call me and I'll be responsible for her. They're not going to send her to State, at least not yet, but they are tired of her being unaccounted for."

"I hope that works." I said. "So you said she was really eager to get out of that warehouse and then to get back to the orphanage?"

"Yes sir." said Teresa. "I'm not sure what it was about, but she was ready to go. I was thinking about bringing in the drug dog, but Amy had no needle marks on her, she didn't look like an addict. Her skin is really pale, and her eyes are almost yellowish, but no tell-tale signs of addiction."

"Okay, good job on that. You do need to make a police report, even though you resolved it the way you did. Just to cover our butts, if you know what I mean."

"Yes sir." Teresa said. I excused her.

As she turned to go, I said "Did she really ask if I was ten feet tall?" Teresa grinned, about as merrily as I've ever seen her grin.

"Yes sir, she did." she replied. "It was just so... unexpected, and it just struck me."

"I can tell." I said. "Okay, Cindy's parents are coming sometime today. Molly called me and said they came early. So if you want to meet them, maybe a change of clothes, there?"

"Gotcha, sir." Teresa said. "And that's why you're dressed up, isn't it?"

"Smart Lieutenant, you are." I said. "I might just put you in charge of our Vice Squad."

"You think of the best gifts for Christmas, sir." Teresa said with some slight sarcasm. I conceded victory to her on that exchange. And I was inwardly very happy to see her having such a sense of humor, such as it was for her. Especially this time of year.

After she left, I looked up something on the Internet, then made a call to the Town & County Girls Home. I spoke with the Headmistress, who said Lt. Croyle had been very professional. I then asked the Headmistress a couple of questions about policy...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Molly had taken her parents to The Cabin, and their luggage was secured in the larger guest bedroom. They were then re-introduced to Ross and for the first time to baby Ian. Maggie held Ross while William held Ian, and Molly saw the tears running silently down his cheeks.

"Oh he's so beautiful." said Maggie. She then asked Molly a ton of questions about the delivery. After some time, and more baby holding, Molly said they needed to go to Police Headquarters to meet Cindy... and Commander Troy.

"Ah, the baby's father." said William Ross. "I've heard many good things about him, from you and especially from Cindy in her letters... but he's married?"

"It's definitely unusual." Molly said. "His wife Laura is my gynecologist and delivered Ian. I think I told you she's a professor at the University, and she and Don have an open relationship. She can't have children any more, and she tells me over and over she's happy for me. Don, of course, loves Ross and Ian as much as anyone could."

"Yes, dear," said Maggie quietly, "I guess we Catholic farmers are still tied to old traditions, but I understand. You had a bad, bad marriage, and I can understand you doing that. I'm sure Don is a good man. And the babies are precious. So, are we going to see Cindy at her work?"

"Yes." said Molly. "Yes we are. But there's something I need to tell you first. Cindy's fiancée Jenna went home to Washington State. Her mother's brother is seriously ill. I actually checked on that; the story is true, he's in the hospital there. Cindy really wanted to introduce Jenna to you, and she's very disappointed that's not going to happen."

"Jenna is the one that was abducted, wasn't she?" asked Maggie. Molly nodded. "Poor girl, that must have been horrific, terrible. But the Police got her back alive?"

"Yes." Molly said. "Don wouldn't let Cindy take part, but Lt. Croyle and the SWAT Team did an incredible job." She saw her father shaking his head. "What is it, Dad?"

William shook his head. "I know they're brave people. But they're having to do too much. It's like a war down here. Is this typical of America?"

"No, Dad." said Molly, shocked at her father's question. "Actually, it's relatively peaceful here. And crimes and violence happen everywhere."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Before taking her parents to see Cindy, Molly first took them to the Chief's office, having explained that Moynahan had been her Captain in Midtown and was now Chief here. When they got to the office, they found Lt. Wes 'Coldiron' Masters also in the office. Molly introduced them both to her parents.

"Ah, it's wonderful to meet you." said Chief Moynahan, getting up from his desk and shaking their hands. "I have heard a great many good things about you from Molly here, and also from Cindy since I've arrived here."

"We've heard no end of good things about the two of you, also." said Maggie Ross.

"Ah, is that Ian?" asked Masters. Molly handed Ian to him. Wes 'Coldiron' Masters had a reputation for directness, toughness, and professionalism... but now Molly was seeing his tender side as he held baby Ian.

After a few more minutes of talking, it was time to go see Cindy. Molly led them down the hallway to her sister's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" said Cindy. When the door opened and Molly walked in with her parents, Cindy was stunned. "Mom, Dad! I didn't think you were coming until Wednesday!" She got up and hugged them both.

Molly said "I was hoping to surprise you a little bit."

"You succeeded." said Cindy. "Sit down, sit down." She had her parents sit on the loveseat sofa, Molly in the chair, and herself behind her desk.

"Well, look at you, a Police Captain!" said William. "And Molly's now a Police Lieutenant in the next county. We're very proud of you both."

"Yes, yes we are." said Maggie. She was looking at the pictures on the wall. "So this is your friend Teresa, with whom you ran that race?"

"Yes, Mom." said Cindy. "We'll take you to meet her soon."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was time. I had wondered if it'd be better to have Cindy bring her parents to meet me, or for me to go to them. I chose the latter.

I walked down the hallway, took a deep breath, then knocked on the door. Opening it, I peeked in. "Hello, mind if I come in?"

"Don!" said Cindy. "Yes, do come in! Mom, Dad, this is Commander Donald Troy. Don, this is my mom Maggie and my dad William."

"I'm so glad to finally meet you." I said, taking Mrs. Ross's hand in my own, as she was nearest me. I felt a bit of a vibe from her. Not like from Eckhart, Cindy, or the FBI Deputy Director, but still a bit of a vibe. I could see where P. Harvey Eckhart was attracted to Maggie Ross, and it was more than just physical attractions that had ended up producing one Captain Cindy Ross.

"And you, sir." I said to Mr. Ross as I shook his hand. I was going to shake it firmly, but I instantly felt a lack of physical strength in him. That caused me to take a closer look at him...

"It's so nice to meet you too, Don, if I may call you that." said Maggie.

"Of course, of course." I said. I was then distracted. Ross had said "da-da" and reached out for me. I took him from Molly's arms. "Hey Ross." I said. "So what have you named your grandma and grandpa?" Everyone chuckled, but it was the right of the firstborn to name grandparents, dontcha know.

"Oh, he definitely has your eyes, Don." said Maggie, beaming at us.

"I think he's going to be a redhead, too." said William, seeing the titian locks on Ross's head.

"I hope so." I said. "Well, guys, there are a lot of us, and this is not the largest office in the building. Shall we go to an early lunch?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On the way out, we stopped by MCD, where Cindy introduced her parents.

"Oh, you must be Teresa." said Maggie, seeing Teresa and instantly recognizing her. "Yes, I can see why Cindy thinks so highly of you." Teresa blushed a bit.

"Thank you, ma'am." Teresa said. "I think even more highly of her."

"Oh, is that Ian?" called out Joanne. She got up to take him and hold him, and from that moment it was an Ian lovefest in MCD for several minutes. Finally, we gathered up everyone and headed out.

After we were gone, Joanne was beaming. "Did you see that?" she asked the others.

"What?" asked Martin Nash.

"Ross." Joanne said. "He is the spitting image of his daddy. He's gonna grow up to be the next Iron Crowbar..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After getting back from lunch, I headed to my office, letting the Ross families plan and do whatever they were going to plan and do. After a few minutes, there was a knock on my door. William Ross opened it and came inside.

"Ah, hello, sir." I said, getting up. "Please, have a seat."

"Thank you." he said, but he took a moment to stand and look around the office, taking in Pete Feeley's framed badge, the Laika crowbar on the wall, my framed citations for the Medal of Valor, Purple Order, and Orange Order, then the wood-and-matchstick Trojan Horse on the bookcase against the wall to the right side of my desk.

"Ah, student of the Trojan War?" he asked.

"No sir." I said. "Those are gifts from an... admirer."

"Hmmph. Interesting." he said. He finally sat down, looking at the pictures on the desk, which included Molly and Ross, and a new one of Cindy holding baby Ian in the hospital when he was mere minutes old.

"I wanted to talk to you, Don, if that's okay." said William.

"Certainly, sir." I said respectfully.

He started: "I know that you and Cindy are blood-related, and not exactly through me. Molly dragged that secret out of us last year; she was mighty upset we didn't come here last year, and I agree that we made a mistake. Molly also told us that you were aware of everything, and revealed your knowledge to Cindy."

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Teresa's Christmas Story Redux

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 15 milliseconds