• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • Hello Mr. Robinson Pt. 08

Hello Mr. Robinson Pt. 08

1234

All characters are 18 years old or older. I hope you enjoy this next installment in this series. If you have any suggestions, questions or comments feel free to ask. Please vote and if the muse inspires you email me or comment about this or other story lines.

*****

Recap:

A few weeks have passed since Greg's hospitalization after the EMP nearly killed him. The pulse had a striking effect on Greg fusing his mind with two artificial personalities. The A.I. that was installed in his implant mirrored his own so that wasn't difficult to adjust to. However, Ariana was so large and so vast with nearly ten thousand years of experience. The worst part of it was when a word or phrase would trigger an alien memory. Those were difficult to reconcile. He would find himself cursing in languages he had never experienced or were utterly alien. The worst and almost daily trial of dealing with perfectly normal people made his life a chore. His telepathy was so strong now that he could glean years of experience with a single mental gesture. He found humans so damn petty. Their only saving grace was his friends and lovers. Through their eyes he found an emotional anchor.

To help bolster Greg's recovery Nick Shaw did the only thing he knew how to do, pile on more work. He passed on the President-Elect's suggestion of Greg becoming the liaison between Numenor and NASA. Since it was inevitable that there would be Blink tech in space and once that happened the solar system would be opened up for exploration and exploitation. Citizens in space were just a matter of time. The private sector would climb over each other to mine comets and asteroids. In a few decades we would have colonies on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. Who knew what a century or more might see?

Christmas with the Robinsons:

Oh Joy, Christmas with my family! Rhea and I sat in the limo awaiting the arrival of the jet carrying my daughter. It had been two weeks since I was offered the position of liaison with NASA. I had actually flown down to spend time with the ranking members and I met with the administrator and his staff. The tension in the air had been stressful from the very beginning. They were upset that they had been kept out of such a world shaping event. I had been warned that they were less than happy with Nick so I asked him if I could negotiate and smooth things over. Nick told me he trusted my judgment. I offered NASA the chance to pick the first people to walk upon the surface of Mars. Granted that a robot would be the first humanoid to set foot but NASA would pick the best people for the mission. That smoothed things over in less than an hour. They sent out the word through the upper echelon and I did put a bug in the Administrator's ear about a certain general who would love to retire with that under his belt. They loved the idea of a war hero being a part of the first mission.

"You are a million miles away," Rhea whispered in my ear.

"Sorry, I was thinking about NASA," I replied. "I kind of envy him."

"General Grant was a perfect fit for team alpha. You made it possible. I think Nick will make it happen. What little boy or girl hasn't dreamt about space travel?"

"You are hiding something," I said feeling a hint of something suspicious lurking in her thoughts.

"Be good it is Christmas after all."

That was the end of that conversation. Cindy's jet landed and taxied onto the tarmac and came to a rest so that it could be refueled for the next leg of our journey. The gleaming blue jet had wisps of steam rising off the engines. Rhea and I walked up to the jet as the pilot opened it up. The crew loaded our luggage as we climbed aboard. Cindy hugged me and then Rhea as we sat down and began catching up. She told me that she was still staying at the Pickman House. To pay her rent she was keeping the place clean. The professor had allowed her access to the basement to do laundry after he went down for an hour or so alone and made things safe. She had no idea what that meant but the skittering sounds ended after that day. Cindy believed he had laid out some kind of rat traps.

"I found a secret room..." Cindy said after a long silence.

"Down in the basement," Rhea said and Cindy nodded. "What kind of room?"

"It looked like a dungeon, you know a sex dungeon. The furniture was dusty but really nice. I bet the previous users were into some pretty kinky shit."

"That matches what the neighbor had said." I offered and Cindy looked at me.

"You met her?" She asked and I nodded. "She creeps me the hell out. There is something off about her. I just can't put my finger on it."

"I only talked to her for a few minutes. She overheard my last visit." I said and Cindy turned crimson. "She thinks you have a daddy complex."

We all laughed at that. The pilot told us we were refueled and the weather was still holding. The pilot buttoned up the aircraft and prepped it for flight. We buckled up and fell quiet waiting for the takeoff. I felt my stomach tighten in knots and it had nothing to do with flying. It had everything to do with seeing my family again. I began a mantra I had picked up from a book I read when I was just a kid.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

"What are you saying dad?" Cindy asked smiling at me. "Is that your charm against grandma?"

"What is wrong with your mother?" Rhea asked and Cindy waved her hands in warning.

"Too late..."

"What is wrong... wrong..."

The words tumbled as Cindy cringed but Rhea just smiled. I stopped and looked over at the redhead. Rhea said those infamous words. 'She seems like a wonderful woman.' I was in full panic mode now. The two hour flight went by far too quickly. I was the only one that appeared to be dreading the horror that was to come. What was wrong with them? The flight tower contacted our jet and told us we were clear to land. I had the brown paper bag out and breathing into it as the pilot told us to buckle up for a landing. We didn't crash, damn! The jet touched down so smooth I had to congratulate the pilot as we disembarked. We walked to the waiting Range Rover. While the weather today was cold and clear there had been nearly two feet of snow dropped in the area over the last few days. Rhea climbed into the driver's seat while I helped the ground crew load our luggage.

I climbed in the back so that Cindy had shotgun. I didn't want them to see me in an enduring moment of weakness. The first part of the drive wasn't too bad. However, once we left the main streets it was slow going. Even with the Range Rover it took us over an hour and a half to reach my mother's house. The driveway was full of cars so we were forced to park on the street. The engine was switched off and I felt a kind of paralysis take over until Cindy stuck her tongue out and called me a coward. I'd show her. I got out and grabbed the luggage. Cindy and Rhea went to the front door and knocked. The door opened and I caught the first glimpse of my Uncle Trevor. He stepped aside so that we could come in. I stood there looking around at all the festive decorations still holding the luggage.

How do I describe Trevor? Well he is my mom's younger brother and only sibling. He had his own business and was fairly successful from everything I had heard. He was tall, lanky and moved with awkwardness that was more than physical dexterity. He had the same coloring from that generation, dark hair and dark eyes. He was happily married with one daughter and two sons to carry on his name and his genetics. He had married late in life and was dealing with teenage boys in his fifties. I could feel the bad attitude radiating off of him and I had been in the house scant seconds.

"And so it begins..."

"Gregory!" My mother called out as she made her entrance. "Trevor you lazy ass help him with the luggage. You must be Rhea. She is absolutely gorgeous! How the heck did he land you?"

"Hi MOM," I said trying to keep Rhea from sharing with my mother. "You look amazing!"

"You look good Gregory," she said as she pinched my cheeks and then narrowed her eyes. "What have you been up to? You look different, a mother knows these things." She said as she turned my head this way and that. "Have you had surgery? No, I'd see signs of that. I guess your work agrees with you. So are you still selling computers?"

"No Mom... I work with the President and the Pentagon now..."

"Bullshit..." Uncle Trevor said under his breath using a cough to disguise it.

"The President..." My mom said the color draining from her face. "You mean THE President... the White House... AND the Pentagon?"

"Yep," I said as I tried to walk away and failed. "I've already met with the President-Elect about remaining as the liaison. She wants me to work with NASA as well."

"BULLSHIT..." Uncle Trevor said but this time loud enough for the entire household to hear it. "Who's the redhead?"

"I am his bodyguard," Rhea replied coolly.

"If you say that word one more time we will turn around and head back to D.C."

"The hell you are," Mom announced. "I wouldn't have this house if it weren't for you."

Trevor fell silent and he looked around and then back at his sister. She mouthed the words 'all paid for'. Trevor looked at me with an expression I'd never seen before, respect. Mom guided us to the guest rooms. Since we were from out of town we were invited to stay. Rhea and Cindy were given the larger of the two rooms while I was expected to sleep alone, mom's house mom's rules. I placed my suitcase on the bed and turned to help Rhea but my mother was standing in the doorway. She had that expression that said 'we need to talk'. Mom closed the door behind her and I sat on the edge of the bed. She sat next to me and gods that awful silence fell between us.

"What's going on?" She said breaking the silence.

"A lot has changed in the last few years. I am glad you like the house."

"It is wonderful. It was the house I always dreamt of. But that's not the point, what happened to you?"

"I have changed."

"Yes you have," she said and a tear ran down her cheek. "You aren't the child I gave birth do all those years ago. Tell me."

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." I said but she just looked at me and I folded. "It's a long story. I can't tell you everything because it involves national security."

She smiled when she heard that. I told her a heavily edited version of the last few years. I told her about the water, the element and my implant. As I spoke I watched the swirls of energy move, shift and whirl depending upon her mood. She looked at the back of my neck but found no scar. I told her about the lunch with the President-Elect and the EMP blast. She didn't know what that was so I told her.

"It's an Electromagnetic Pulse; it disrupts and can destroy unshielded computers. I survived but not without some changes."

"What sort of changes?" She asked her lip trembling in fear.

"It is hard to explain. There was an A.I. in my implant as well as another in my watch. The pulse fused them to my consciousness."

"What the hell does that even mean?" She cursed and I knew she was upset. Mom never cursed unless it was serious.

"Well... we sort of merged. I absorbed their memories and their abilities." I said and her expression went from afraid to uncertain. "I don't need a computer to access the internet for one. It's a long list mom."

I told her I had moved from Arkham to Washington D.C. and that Cindy was doing great at college. There was so much I couldn't tell her, especially the part that I was in all aspects a J'Nai and no longer human. So she was right about that.

"I love you Mom!"

"I love you too son," she said but her heart wasn't in it.

"We can leave if you want. I can set up a trust for you. You'd never have to worry about money again."

"You can't bribe me Gregory..."

"Damn it Mom it's not a bribe... I want to take care of you! You worked so damn hard after dad died. You deserve to enjoy yourself."

"That's the Gregory I know and love," she said and hugged me. "Sweetie I don't mean to be rude but your ears are all pointy now."

I ignored her and we joined the others downstairs. My uncle was already a bit tipsy having arrived early and hit the booze two hours ago. I knew he was having issues but if I brought it up things would just get worse. Cindy and Rhea joined my mom and my cousin Tanya in the kitchen. I am not being sexist but the kitchen was akin to my mother's war room. Only a select few ever entered and fewer still were ever allowed to help her cook. Mom was the oldest and therefore the only one privy to her mother's recipes. She was kind of the keeper of the flame. She had broken tradition when she agreed to teach Cindy and Tanya the family secrets. It was good to see her so happy. I guess my dread had been for nothing.

"Nice piece of ass..." Trevor said and he leaned heavily on me. "Tell me you are tapping that."

"Maybe you should lie down Trevor," I replied keeping my anger in check.

"Are you implying that I am drunk?" He said and I could feel the belligerence blazing inside of him.

"I am implying nothing, you are drunk."

This wasn't the first time a fight had broken out at a family dinner and I was sure it wouldn't be the last. Even though he was slurring his speech I recognized the combat stance and waited for the inevitable punch that was to come. I decided to end it quickly and quietly. He pulled back his arm and let fly. I could have batted it aside easily but I didn't. His fist landed squarely on my left cheek and hurt like hell. Trevor stared at me in shock. He was blubbering and being all apologetic. I told him to get some coffee in him and sober up. I knocked on one of the swinging saloon type doors that led to the kitchen. Cindy appeared and cried out when she saw the quickly forming bruise on my face. I calmed her and asked for an ice pack and a pot of coffee or two. Trevor and I sat down and talked, really talked. His business was doing terrible. With his help I pulled up his spread sheets and looked at his finances. The business wasn't failing his partner was stealing from him. I accessed his bank and confirmed my findings. Trevor's partner was embezzling and had been for quite some time.

"That son of a bitch," Trevor growled but he calmed when he saw the smile on my face. "What do you have in mind?"

"Promise you won't say a word and trust me on this."

"Nephew, I have the highest confidence in you."

"Good, now relax and let's have a great Christmas."

True to his word Trevor sobered up and we had a surprisingly pleasant holiday. Mom lorded over the meal as it was brought out course by course. My younger cousins sat at the kid's table and ate to their heart's content while mom explained each dish with minute detail. Rhea helped mom at each step and I think she won her over by the end of the elaborate dinner. I had to admit it but mom's cooking got better with age. The men folk cleared the tables and hand washed the dishes. I hated to admit it but I enjoyed washing while Trevor rinsed and dried. The dining room table was wiped down and mom brought out a deck of cards for us to play a few games of Spades before we opened presents. Rhea had never played before so she sat out on the first game and observed the bidding conventions.

The kids went into the living room and fired up mom's big screen and played video games until it was time to open gifts. The second game of Spades had mom and Trevor as partners while Rhea and I took them on. They trounced us thoroughly when mom went nil and Trevor took all ten of his tricks. She told us after that she was dealt three spades, all of which she passed to Trevor and one of them being the ace of spades. With a cry of victory it was time to tear into some wrapping paper and open our gifts. We watched the kids open theirs first. Each of my cousins got a laptop from me. They were top of the line and sure to cause some envy with their classmates and friends. I got Trevor one of new rugged Ranger model watches and he almost cried. Cindy opened her gift and squealed when she found tickets to London. She looked at them and only after a minute realized what they were.

"You got me first day tickets," she said her eyes brimming with tears.

"Yep, you will be one of the very first people through," I told her.

"Through what," my mom asked.

"Through that..." I said looking at my watch and turning the news on the big screen TV.

Everyone stared at the screen as the breaking story was announced. The news anchor looked into the camera and spoke clearly and precisely about the grand opening of a new form of transportation. He told the listening audience and the world about the Blink System. They showed the interview with Nick and Kat as they explained how safe and reliable the system was. He even had graphics made up showing how it would feel for the travellers and the slogan was born.

"It's like walking through a door." Nick said and history was made.

"How could you possibly get tickets to that Gregory?" My Mom asked.

"I helped develop it," I said and all of my relatives fell silent in shock.

"Are you telling me that you had a part in that?" Trevor asked.

"My name is on the blueprints. I made it happen."

I had never seen that look in my Mom's eyes before. There was that look of pride and something else. I had to pull some major strings to get those two tickets for Cindy. I wonder who she was going to invite. My mom opened her present from me and gasped. She held up the delicate china doll and wept. She had always wanted an authentic antique porcelain doll since she was a little girl. My mother checked the single kanji character on the doll and went pale. I knew she would recognize the artist. His work was renowned in the circle of collectors as a grandmaster. The doll cost nearly as much as the house.

"Oh Gregory you shouldn't have... oh this is too much..." she whispered.

"It has a protective case," I told her.

"Where did you get this?" She asked her lips trembling as her emotions got the better of her.

"A house I foreclosed on. It had a few antiques I held onto. I hope you like it."

Mom passed the doll to Cindy and then threw herself in my arms. She wept and I held her. Rhea was crying silently in her seat and as I looked around there wasn't a dry eye around. I had done well. We opened the rest of our gifts once mom had let go. My younger cousins returned to playing their game as the adults settled into what my mother called her solarium. It was a mixture of greenhouse and entertainment room. There were plenty of comfy chairs to gaze out the three glass walls. We settled down to some hot chocolate, coffee and tea. It was snowing again but this time it was falling heavy with noticeable accumulation.

My uncle called it an early night and grabbed his children to leave before the roads became impassible. We said our farewells and waited for their phone call when they reached home safely. I was drawn to the solarium and watched the torrent of snow fall from the sky. The heat radiating from the solarium's glass walls caused the flakes that struck it to melt away and slide down towards the ground like so many tears. I touched my cheek and found that I was crying. Why the hell was I crying?

'He wants his humanity back.' A voice whispered in my head.

At first I thought it was Rhea but she was engaged in a serious game of rummy with my mom and Cindy. If it wasn't her then who the hell was it. The voice came to me again so I decided to answer it.

'Who wants his humanity back?'

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • Hello Mr. Robinson Pt. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds