• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • My Little Ventrue Pt. 02 Ch. 08

My Little Ventrue Pt. 02 Ch. 08

123

Author's Note: Second edit pass complete! Check out my bio for details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Antoinette~~

Her Black Hall had more faces than she'd expected. Wonderful, that meant tensions had lessened between covenants and individuals alike. There would be lasting peace in her city, even if it meant she had to drag the idiots into the peace like kicking, screaming children.

She took a moment to look around. Garry, Jacob, Maria, Michael, and Julias up on the balcony. Delightful, all the primogen were there. It was the first time in a long time the primogen had come to a ball of their own accord, all at the same time. She had to extend her invitation twice to Jacob, to insure him he was truly welcome, but she did not expect the witch to attend. Yet there he was, standing with Jennifer and Jack.

What was he doing with Jack?

She began her slow descent down the stairs, with the sheriff at her side. While Daniel wore the most boring tuxedo ever devised by Kindred or kine, she would never wear something so dull. This was her ball, her building, and her city. She would dress the part.

Her dress was blue, in stark contrast to her red lips and eyes. It wasn't as slim or revealing as she normally wore; the evening was not about blatant seduction. Instead, it was an off-shoulder mermaid gown with a skirt that tightened at the knees before spreading into a beautiful array of heavy curves where it barely touched the floor. The fabric had the most subtle sheen, and its smoothness was perfect. Along the collar and along its base, the most tiny threads of dancing silver framed the color perfectly.

It was most definitely not a dress from her time. Instead, it was a modern thing, and a beautiful example of the elegance of simplicity. The only jewelry she wore to compliment it were tiny drops of black from her ears, and a single necklace of chained silver and obsidian.

She gave a small nod to Daniel, and reached out to touch his arm. "Try and enjoy yourself old friend."

"Yes Annie," he said, but all he did was adjust his glasses and then find a corner to stand in, alone.

Ugh. She would break him. It may take a couple hundred more years, but she would break him, and find something that would make him happy.

She took a moment to run her fingers through her long, lush white hair, and gave the watching Kindred a knowing but gentle smile. "Guests, please continue. There are no announcements to be made, or agendas to be had. Peace is a rare thing, so let us celebrate it while we can." She dismissed her own words with a small flick of her wrist, and continued to step down the stairway. Each step only momentarily exposed the tip of her black shoes; a short heel, as there was no need to stand taller than everyone even more than she already did.

They kept watching her, and they would for the rest of the evening, but at least everyone went back to their conversations. That was good. It was such a rare thing for Kindred to let their guard down, even a little, and if she could foster that trust just a touch, then efforts she made were worth it. If everyone had that same honesty as Jack did, her job would be easy.

Jack. The boy looked absolutely adorable in his fancy little tuxedo. Julias knew his childe well, and when she met Mire's gaze with a look upward, he gave a knowing nod of his own. Thank you, Mister Mire.

Then she looked to Jack. He was staring at her with wide eyes, and looking her up and down. The dress did not reveal much skin, and it hugged her breasts tightly enough to contain her bust. What drew his eyes so?

"... my Prince," he said once she was near, and bowed.

"Silly boy." She reached out and flicked him in the head. Nearby Kindred gasped, and some chuckled. That was fine, a little humor was exactly what she was looking for. "You are my lover, not my servant."

"Heh, sorry Prince Antoinette."

"Have you been talking with Jacob?" She moved in closer to Jack, stood beside him, and faced the two witches he was talking with. Her nod for Jennifer was genuine -- quite the sexy creature that Jennifer -- but her gaze was barely better than a glare for Jacob. Careful what you say here, witch, or your antics will get you more trouble than you can handle.

"Jacob expressed some interest in me."

"Did he?"

The ancient Nosferatu made a dismissing wave of a hand. "An innocent curiosity, I assure you. Master Terry has been making a name for himself, and for one so young, I just had to see what all the fuss was about." Jacob gave her a nod, but as always his idiot grin and weird movements buried his words in sarcasm.

"Terry surprised many. I am glad Julias made the choice he did." She furrowed her brow, and glared daggers into his eyeless face. If you touch the boy, you worthless fool, I will rend you limb from limb.

Jennifer was silent, and standing beside Jacob much in mirror of Antoinette and Jack. Two elders and their two young companions. It made for a strange parallel.

"I am glad the Circle of the Crone decided to attend," she said, and she combed her fingers through her hair until the long mane was hooked over her shoulder and in front of her.

"Are you?" Jacob said. It could have been more sinister or angry, but he said it with that touch of quirkiness to offset the potential insult. Because that's what he did, never direct, always dancing around his own words.

"I am. You'll have to forgive me if I do not always accept the Circle into my gatherings, but you have a history of stirring up trouble, Jacob."

"Oh?"

She stepped toward the ancient Nosferatu. "Do you not remember the chaos you caused twenty years ago, with Viktor and Tony?

"Oh yeah! Aha, that was grand." Jacob roared a laugh, enough to have the rest of the Kindred looking their way again. "Fuck they really wanted to kill me for that."

"You also have no subtly." She nodded her head toward the onlookers.

Jennifer was looking at her like she was insane. Jacob had surely scared the young Ventrue with his dark arts, and she probably thought Jacob was the strongest Kindred in the city. Antoinette suppressed one of many smirks the night would surely summon. Someday she would have to put Jacob back in his place.

Jacob did not bother to suppress his smirk. How fitting. "I can be subtle."

"Dressed as a royal Hun?"

Jack burst into laughter next to her, but was quick to cover his mouth. She did not realize what she said was so humorous; the boy was the only one laughing.

Jacob gave Jack a harsh glare, as much as a one could give with a bandage wrapped over his eyes, but his anger passed quickly. "With all due respect Prince... can you imagine me in a tuxedo?"

It was her turn to chuckle. "Touché." The image of the older, crazy Nosferatu in a proper tuxedo did indeed not sit at all. "If you'll excuse me Jacob, I would like to walk with my lover."

Such a wonderful word, lover. It held just the right note of attraction and appreciation, of sexual imagery and emotional attachment. And to a heartless creature like Jacob, it must have sounded disgusting. It made the old man cringe and scrunch up his nose, but Antoinette smiled at him, put a hand on Jack's shoulder, and started walking. No need to look back, let them think what they will.

Jack fell in beside her, and walked like her companion, not her servant. Good. She smiled down at him, and he returned it with beaming eyes.

"Thanks," he said.

"However did you get pulled into a conversation with that beast?"

"I was talking to one of his fellow witches, Jennifer. She seemed... intelligent."

"And rather forward and feisty, I imagine?"

"Yes! I had no idea witches were so direct with their belief. Carthians wax poetic about modern government, but the Circle surprised me with their conviction."

"Indeed." She put her hands on the boy's shoulder again, and pulled him a little closer, so they nearly touched bodies as they walked. "Intelligent and dangerous. Jacob is both a valued member of my primogen council, and a thorn in my side."

"Like Tony?"

Bile was upon her lips in seconds. "That fool was most certainly a thorn, and valuable as a primogen, just not for intelligence. But," she took a deep breathe for effect, "let us not dwell on thorns. Are you enjoying the ball?"

"I kind of am." The young thing shifted his feet from side to side for a moment, looking down, until he raised his gaze back to the witch Jennifer. "I've learned a lot."

"That is good then."

"And... you look absolutely beautiful."

She raised a hand to her lips and chuckled. It was a delight that the boy tried to compliment her, but such a bold and direct compliment just did not come naturally from him. Julias could, but poor Jack could not. Still, the effort warmed her.

"Thank you." She put both her hands on the boy's shoulder then, leaned down, and kissed him. His eyes went wide of course. How could she risk such behavior in front of everyone, he probably thought. But then she drew the kiss out, tugged on his bottom lip with hers, and nudged her nose into him.

It took a little while, but eventually his own eyes closed, and he kissed her back. Satisfied, she pulled away and grinned at him. Others were staring, but many were smiling. Perhaps they thought it sweet?

She did not care. He was hers, the Black Hall was hers, and the city was hers. Let them think what they would.

"Come." She started walking again, but took a quick peek behind her to see if the boy was was going to join her. Apparently she had shocked him, but after a moment to get his bearings the boy skipped after her to join her side again.

Everyone kept glancing at her, especially the young neonates. She could hear them whisper, some in fear, some in wonder, many simply wondering about her hair and its white color, and others intimidated by her height. The usual. But the whispers were also different, as many giggled or chuckled between themselves at the sight of Jack next to her. He intrigued them. The neonates, she noticed, looked at Jack with a curiosity and wonder not to dissimilar to how they looked at her.

Good. Good. Everything was going smoothly. If she could make everyone comfortable with each other, and not spend every waking moment conspiring to kill each other, there was hope for their damned race.

"A drink, my Prince?" One of the servants held a single glass upon a tray out to her.

"No thank you my dear. Jack?"

"Uh, no. I'm good."

She waved off the servant, and the man nodded before returning to the one of the side doors of the Black Hall.

Jack nudged her side and motioned his head toward the server. "He didn't seem like a ghoul."

"He was not."

"Then just a regular kine? You trust him?"

"Mon chéri, all the kine here are slaves to my will."

"Oh, wow. Like what a Ventrue does?"

"No. They are still of their own mind, but I have cast my spell upon them. They wholly desire to serve me." The Daeva discipline of majesty. She knew it was how Rebecca has enraptured the poor boy when she had stabbed him, and nearly taken away this precious creature she now coveted.

"Oh wow... how long does that last?"

"For a young Daeva, she or he may enthrall a kine for the night. The servants here at the Black Hall are mine for weeks, and I will enchant them again before it fades."

"Jesus, and I thought Viktor's dominate was impressive."

She grinned. Now that was a compliment Jack delivered well.

Their stroll came upon Maria Turio and Michael McDonald, the two Invictus primogen. Predictable and dull those two were, but at least still of a sane mind compared to Viktor. "Madame Turio, Mister McDonald."

"Prince. Enjoying the evening with Master Terry?" the tall Gangrel said.

"I am. Your young master is a joy to my second life." She liked Jack, a lot. Is that so hard to comprehend, you soulless husks? At least the boy stood proud next to her, despite the unbelieving eyes of his superiors.

"It seems there is much intermingling between the covenants." Maria stepped forward, and the ghost woman lightly motioned toward the two on the balcony.

"Mister Mire and Miss Damor," Antoinette said.

Both Invictus looked at each other with momentary confusion. They did not know Beatrice's last name of course, and why would they. But they would now, if only because now they knew she was with Julias. Jack said nothing, but she saw a smirk on his lips.

"I do hope Mister Mire remembers his position." Maria shook her head a little, and it made the white veil that covered it sway. "She is just a rankless neonate."

Antoinette shrugged lightly. "Carthians do not care much for rank." And the fact she was no longer Carthian. She wondered if Beatrice had told Julias yet of her change in covenants. So far, she had done an excellent job of hiding the information, and Antoinette doubted anyone knew except the Circle themselves, and Garry. It would be an interesting conversation, she imagined.

She knew though, of course. She was very good at her job, as was Daniel.

The Prince looked back at Maria. "I do not believe Mister Mire would ever betray his position or his allegiance, Madame Turio."

Maria squinted her eyes through her white veil, but Antoinette just smiled. She remembered the Nosferatu's relationship with Lucas. A gentle reminder, a little deterrence, to keep her in her place.

"Of course." Maria bowed her head somewhat, but there was a scowl there hidden under the veil. Maria did not like her, but that was fine. She did not like Maria.

"I think I will say hello to the good gentleman and his companion." Antoinette gave Maria and McDonald a dismissing nod, and began to walk up the splitting stairs the two Invictus leaders were near.

Jack was beside her a moment later. "You two don't seem to get along."

"You and I are the only Invictus who do."

"Oh... is that normal, between covenants?"

"It is. Fundamental views shape and mold who we are, do they not?"

"I guess." Jack reached up and ran his fingers along his buzzed head. "But I don't really think of disagreements as not getting along. I enjoy a debate as much as a friendly conversation."

She smiled down at the boy beside her. Oh Jack, oh sweet Jack. Were the rest of vampires as genuine as you.

Soon, the two of them were upon the balcony. She took a moment to look upon the crowd of Kindred that drifted around the floor of her Black Hall. The hall could house a thousand, but Kindred would not mingle so closely as kine, so it was better for them to have their space. They drifted around in small cliques, sticking to their own covenants and even their own age groups. But, she noticed, diversity was spreading. Some Invictus were talking with Carthians, and Jack's example had more Kindred even talking with the witches. Julias and his now blatant relationship with Beatrice was also sparking a lot of intermingling between groups. Good, good.

"Mister Mire," she said. Julias had already turned to face her, and he bowed with her greeting. Beatrice did too, though the poor woman was obviously uncomfortable with the movement, or with her.

She had never talked with Miss Damor one-on-one. That should change.

"Prince," he said.

Then Antoinette smiled at Beatrice. "Miss Damor."

That made the Nosferatu blink. "... Prince," she said.

That's right little Nosferatu, I know you, and your secrets.

"It is quite the gathering," Julias said, and he looked back over the railing. "I never thought to see so many getting along."

Jack took a step forward to his sire. "Was it always so bad?"

The Prince also took a step forward, and leaned over the railing the same as them. "Once, this city was as violent as most cities still are between Kindred. War in the shadows. Pointless death."

Beatrice looked her way. "Sometimes a cause is worth killing for."

Everyone turned to look at her. It was like she had taken a knife and cut through the air until it bled.

"... I would speak to you privately for a moment, Miss Damor." It wasn't a question.

She stood back up, walked past them, and ignored their confused gazes. Beatrice was staring at her like she was the devil come to take her soul, but the young Kindred started to walk after her. Antoinette's beast delighted in its blatant domination of Beatrice's.

"Are you enjoying your time with Julias?" Antoinette said, once they were a ways further down the balcony. She kept her voice hushed.

"Um, yeah... uh... Prince." Beatrice was trying to keep eye contact, but the fear was obvious. Antoinette had spent so much time cultivating a little fearlessness from Jack, she had almost forgotten how most young Kindred responded to her.

"Do give my compliments to Jennifer. You look lovely tonight. And from the way Julias is looking at you, tonight I am sure he will be after you like a young boy and his fist girlfriend."

Now the Nosferatu was looking at her like with wide eyes, so wide Antoinette could see the startling detail of their snake features.

"... how much do you know?"

"It is my city, little Nosferatu. Daniel and I hold this with our own hands. Do you think I miss such things?"

"Fuck, uh... have you told anyone?"

Bold of the young woman to ask questions of her so directly. She liked that. "No. It is of no harm to my kingdom. Yet. But that is not why we are speaking."

"Then—"

"I wish to speak of Julias." This time she turned to look out over the crowd of Kindred below them. She knew at just what volume to speak for only Beatrice to hear, and if any Mehket had bright ideas to spy on her, she would notice.

"What about him?"

"He is key in my plans for this city, little witch. You see the peace below us? Nearly two hundred Kindred, and none of them are plotting to kill each other, at least in the immediate. I have worked hard to arrive at this point. And Julias is the fruit of my labor."

"I'm not following."

Antoinette took a moment to think her words over carefully. Could a young Kindred such as Beatrice even understand the utopia she was trying to craft?

"Julias accepts without issue that Kindred of different covenants can befriend each other, even love each other."

"Whoa whoa no one's said the L word." Beatrice put up her hands and waved them around as if to stop some great wind.

Antoinette chuckled. It had been centuries since she had said the word with any intent to another. Old, forgotten, covered in rot and decay. But the language between Julias and Beatrice was clear and obvious. Julias probably knew it too, but he was wise enough to not scare off Beatrice with it. How would that conversation go, Antoinette wondered.

"My relationship with his childe is also a delightful, if unexpected fruit of those labors. Julias is the first of many minds I hope to mold into something both wise, intelligent, and with an inkling of awareness. He knows what future awaits Kindred, and that only with a little cooperation are we to weather that storm."

Beatrice, the poor thing, was shivering next to her like a scared animal. Antoinette had unknowingly risen to a full stand and was speaking down at the woman with her public speaking tone. She sighed, and let herself relax.

"I mean no ill will toward you, Miss Damor, only to warn you. Jacob and his brutal views may not mold so well to my ideals. Were Julias not interested in you, I would say nothing and let you suffer the consequences of your choice, come what may. But Julias appears to value you, and so will I." That made Beatrice blink in twenty sorts of confusion. "So I warn you now. Please listen to Julias when he brings wisdom. He may be a sad creature, but he has found a spark in you, and I would hate to see your choices destroy you, when the man you love could prevent it."

She placed the love word again like an immovable flower, wrapped in context and weight so the Nosferatu had no choice but to accept it.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • My Little Ventrue Pt. 02 Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds