• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Trust Ch. 19

Trust Ch. 19

My apology for the late update. It is getting more difficult to write, edit and update. I'm busy but try to when I can. I am having difficulties writing two scenes. It does not seem to be coming together as I would like, however, I am not giving up on it. Thanks for your patience and for still reading.

~!~

Storm came into the bathroom as Sally was exiting and pulled her into him. She laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. It had been all like this all weekend long. They stayed in mostly, cooked only twice, and played and touched each other a lot. Storm was so insistent that she stay that she wasn't allowed to go home to gather a chance of clothes.

"You have to get to work," Sally said as he kissed her again. He had lost count of how many times so far that morning he had kissed her.

"So do you but I won't tell why you're late if you don't," he replied nibbling at her neck.

"Hmmm...No!" she pushed herself away from him and watched as the smile on his face grew. "I can't. We're doing the briefing of what we learnt at the conference. I have to go."

"Have lunch with Ayasha and me today."

"I'll let you know."

"We'll discuss your birthday party."

"I'm not having a birthday party."

"Yes, you are; an extravagant one. Decide if you want it on a yacht or at a ballroom. Ayasha can do the menu."

"Storm, I'm still going to be busy with work. I don't have time for a party."

"Your arguments are falling on deaf ears. You're celebrating your birthday."

Storm felt dejected when he found out Sally worked on her 21st birthday instead of going out with her friends and celebrating it, and the feeling grew when he found out she had not celebrated her birthday since her father's death. After accomplishing so much this year, he wanted her to begin celebrating her birthday and her accomplishments, hence, the birthday party he was insisting on giving her.

"Are you..."Storm received a text message and pulled his phone out of his pocket. Just then Sally turned away to gather her things.

"Hey is everything okay?" she asked noticing the sudden serious look on his face.

Storm quickly recovered, "Yeah, everything's fine. Let me know about lunch."

Sally walked to him, "Are you sure everything's fine? It's not about Ayasha and the baby isn't it?"

"No, just a case I'm working on." He kissed her. "Go, I have to look for a file. Call me about lunch."

"Okay, have a good day."

As soon as the door closed, Storm looked at his phone again and read the text message. 'She has a sealed DEA file. Must meet today.' It was a message from the investigator.

Storm replied, 'Keep digging. Will see you shortly.' Out loud to himself he asked, "Who are you Sally MacDonald? Who are you really?"

~!~

"Explain," Storm said as he sat across from the investigator.

"She has a sealed DEA file. None of my contacts has clearance to open it and they have no reason to request it also. Whoever this girl is, someone wants her secret protected."

"There has to be a way into that file," Storm said mostly to himself. Storm knew that when a file was sealed and protected like that, the person was being protected because of something they knew. What could Sally know that would warrant that kind of protection from DEA? "Thanks," Storm replied, "I'll work on it and let you know. Send me your bill."

"Will do."

As Storm left the restaurant, he wondered again if Sally said anything to him that could have been a clue as to who she was.

Storm made a call, "Get me the contact information for Senator Davis. I'm on my way back to the office."

"Okay," Dara replied.

"Thanks Dara."

Just then Storm received another text message, this time from Mike: 'Another robbery, the heat is up.'

~!~

"Hey, I'm available for lunch if the offer is still good," Sally said to Storm as soon as he answered her call. He was on his way back to the office to look at the file and had completely forgotten about his lunch offer from earlier that morning.

"Yeah, yes it is," he replied very surprised. He was sure she was going to find a way out of it. "Let me call Yashy and find out where she wants to eat today. Do you mind going somewhere she would like? I don't want to upset the baby."

"No, that's fine. I don't eat out much so I wouldn't know where to recommend anyway."

"Good, give me a few and I'll call you back with the information."

"Bye."

~!~

"Senator Davis, Storm Monsello here. How are you doing sir?"

"Ah Storm, I am well and you?"

"I am doing well sir. How is the campaign going?"

"Well, I'm not campaigning but will let you know if I decide on it in the future."

"Good, you do that. Senator, I was wondering if we could meet tonight. There's a matter I would like to discuss with you."

"Well it's short notice but I'll tell you what, why don't you come over for dinner. It would make my wife very happy. She has not seen you in a while."

"That would be lovely sir. I accept your invitation."

~!~

After lunch with Sally and Ayasha, Storm returned to the office but couldn't get any work done. His gut instincts told him there was a storm brewing and he didn't know how to prepare for it. His phone rang and he saw it was Rhonda. He wanted to let it go to voicemail but decided to answer it.

"Hi Rhonda, how are you doing?"

"It's not Rhonda, it's Katie. I'm fine, how are you?"

Storm immediately cringed. She was the last person he wanted to speak with but he was curious on how she got his number.

"This is a surprise. How did you get my number?"

"From Rhonda. She knew I wanted to speak with you but she said you were involved with Sally. So are you and her together?"

"Why do you ask? I'm sure it's not important."

"No, it's not. I don't want to come between the two of you, if there's something going on, that's all."

"Well there's nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about," and he could hear Katie smiling on the other end.

~!~

"Sweetheart, I won't be home for dinner tonight. I wasn't sure if you were coming over but I have a case I need to work on with an associate," said Storm as he left the message on Sally's voicemail.

He was at Senator Davis' home for dinner with his wife.

"Hello Storm, and welcome. Come in, come in," Senator Davis greeted.

"Thank you Senator," said Storm shaking his hand. "Mrs. Davis," Storm greeted as he reached over to kiss her on the cheek.

"Storm, it's a pleasure to see you again. How is your mother?" Mrs. Davis asked.

"She is doing well. Thank you for asking."

"That's wonderful to know. I should get with her for lunch one day soon," said Mrs. Davis.

"I'm sure she would like that very much," replied Storm.

"Oh Storm, I would like you to meet my niece Lynn Dillars. And this is my youngest son, Troy," Senator Davis introduced.

"Very nice to meet you," Storm said to Lynn and Troy as he shook both their hands.

"Good, good, well let's eat shall we?" said the senator.

After dinner, everyone gathered together to speak but after a few minutes, Storm and the Senator excused themselves to speak privately.

"You know I think you would make a great political candidate. We need people like you," said Senator Davis.

"Thank you Senator but I'm afraid I don't have the stamina for it. You're far more polished and patient than I am."

The senator laughed. "I don't know if that is a compliment or an insult."

"It was definitely a compliment," replied Storm.

"What can I do for you? I know this call isn't social."

"I need to get a DEA file and I know you are on very good speaking terms with the head of DEA."

"What's going on?"

"I need to get some information on someone who may need some help. Only she..."

"She?"

"Yes, she does not understand the danger she is in. I need it done very privately. Any information I can get would be grateful."

"I'll see what I can do, but can I ask you something personal?"

"Yes, of course."

"Are you involved with her?"

"Yes, yes, I am," Storm replied honestly. "I'm trying to protect her."

"I'll see what I can do. Give me a day."

"Thank you so much Senator. I do appreciate it."

~!~

"Hey Storm, how are you doing this morning?" asked Senator Davis about a day later.

"Hello Senator, it's a pleasure hearing from you," replied Storm.

"Well, you may not think so after you hear what I have to say. I tried checking into that file like you asked and there wasn't much. Actually, you know more about her case than I could find out. Your father and his partner handled her case as a pro-bono immigration filing case. Her file is in your office."

"Excuse me?" Storm stood up from his desk. "Did you just say my father handled her case?"

"Yes, I did. I guess you didn't know. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get more information. I will continue digging if y..."

"No, no senator. I appreciate all you have done so far. Thank you."

~!~

"Dara, come into my office please," Storm said to his assistant as soon as he got off the phone with the senator.

"Yes, Storm, what's going on?"

"I need a file from storage but I need you to look for it personally. I don't want anyone else and I need storage shut down while you look for it."

"Whose file?" asked Dara.

"I need you to find a file on a client of my father's named Sally MacDonald."

Dara nodded and left the office.

~!~

"Your birthday is coming up soon. How do you want to handle your business?"

"I will be there. I have to get some plans changed but no matter what, I will be there," replied Sally.

"What kind of plans if you don't mind me asking."

"Someone wants to throw me a birthday party, but I will get out of it."

"I think it's a good idea for you to celebrate your birthday. Have the party and see me afterwards."

"No, I will come and see you as soon as possible. This is very important."

"I will be here waiting on you."

"Thank you for everything."

The call ended.

As Sally thought about what she just said, she also thought about what Storm had said about her not celebrating her birthday. She wanted to, badly, but knew it was impossible. Her life would either come together or completely unravel on her birthday.

~!~

Storm had just received the file from Dara. Looking at it, nothing seemed to be out of place. It seemed too perfect. But then on the last page was a note written on a slip of paper, Grand Cayman Bank. He knew one person at the bank, Madelyn Toller.

"Dara, please have my jet ready. I need to leave within the hour."

"Do you want me to tell the pilot of your destination?" asked Dara.

"No, I will tell him when I board."

"Will do Storm. Is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure but I will find out."

~!~

"I think she's made contact with him. He asked for her file but I gave him the office one," said Dara. "Have you spoken with her lately?"

"Yes, today. I asked her of her plans for the account. Her birthday is coming up soon."

"Yes, I know. What is her decision?"

"She's going to be here."

"Good I will make sure I'm there also. She will be secured on that day."

"Yes, I agree."

"I will let you know if I hear anything new."

~!~

"Hey detective, there has been another robbery, only this time the homeowner was the one who was shot. He's in surgery at the hospital but the chief..."

"Mike I want you to catch that SOB and lock his ass up. This is now attempted murder.

"Yes, sir. Will do. I'll go to the crime scene and then to the hospital."

"Good. Bring those bastards in."

~!~

"Where are you?" Mike asked as Storm answered the phone.

"I'm on a business trip. What's going on?"

"There was another robbery only this time they shot someone."

"Shit! Your fucking kidding me. Where's Sally?"

"I don't know. Is she at the lab?"

"Mike, she can't be brought in."

"I know Storm..."

"No you don't. She can't be brought in. No one, NO ONE can do a background check on her. I can't tell you anything else Mike. She can't be brought in."

"Storm what's going on? Tell me..."

"I can't, I..."

"What the fuck Storm..."

"Mike! I'm not hiding anything from you. I really don't know. I'm on my way to try and find out. There's more to Sally's past than we ever thought." Storm took a deep breath. "I'll let you know as soon as I know something but in the meantime, she can't come in."

Mike sighed. "Fine! I'll do everything I can. Just don't keep me in the dark."

~!~

The assistant looked up at the handsome man and smiled coyly. Storm returned her smile but the worry never left his eyes. He was actually scared of what he may find out about Sally. He was impatient. The few minutes it took for the express elevator to arrive at the floor he was going and the secretary to notify the person that he was there seemed to last hours.

"Storm," Madelyn Toller greeted as soon as the door was closed. "How are you doing? This is a pleasant surprise. How is Ayasha?" she asked as she gave him a hug.

Storm returned the hug and replied. "Ayasha is pregnant and giving her husband and me nothing but problems because she won't take it easy. I'm doing fine waiting patiently to be an uncle."

"Pregnant! That's wonderful. I want pictures. And I'm happy to hear she got married," Madelyn said inviting Storm to sit on the couch with her.

"Absolutely, and yes, Ayasha planned the wedding as a last minute thing. Not many people there, mostly immediate family."

"Those are sometimes the best weddings. But enough chit chat, what are you doing here? Your accounts are well and the rate of return on your investments is excellent."

"Did you check it while I was on my way up?"

"It is my job to make sure all of our top investors are doing well in our establishment."

"I'm not here to check on my account. My father and Henry trusted you and so do I."

"Thank you. Now what can I do for you?"

"I need information on someone...off the record."

"What sort of information?"

"I don't know. Anything I can get."

"Who's the person; I'll see what I can do."

"Sally MacDonald."

Madelyn visibly blanched. She stood and walked to her desk. Turning around in front, she rested on the edge. "I've heard the name, what information do you want?"

"You didn't just hear the name, you know who she is. Who is she Madelyn and why did my father and Henry help her with an immigration file that is protected by the DEA?"

"What do you want to know?" She had to find out how much he knew. Sally had not mentioned anything about Storm since she gave her the background information on him several months prior.

"Everything I can. She's hiding something and I think she may be in danger."

"What kind of danger?"

"I don't know. I've tried looking into her background but what I found was a blocked file."

"You're the person looking into her background?"

"You knew someone was looking into her? Madelyn, there's no way you would keep track of a girl who has an inheritance of only what, $80,000. You invest millions for people. What is she hiding that has DEA so guarded that no one can access her file. I know her name isn't real. What's her real name?"

"Tell me why you are looking into her file?"

"I need to know Madelyn. She's in danger..."

"You already said that but I need to know what kind of danger she is in."

"She may get caught up in a series of robberies that she has nothing to do with."

"That's a bullshit excuse and something she can easily be taken out of."

"She has a sealed DEA file that hardly anyone can access. Why? Only informants are kept that secure. Is she a drug informant? Tell me who she is Madelyn. Tell me so I can protect her."

"You can't protect her, no one can, only we."

"Who's we?"

"Have dinner with me tonight. You have not been to the island in a long time. The waters are beautiful."

Storm hesitated but then finally relented. "Fine, how about 6 p.m.? I'm starved."

"Good stay that way. I have an excellent cook."

~!~

The woman answered the call after the third ring, "Things have changed."

"Yes, I know, Storm is here. How did he know to come here?" asked Madelyn.

"Antonio must have had some reference to you in the file."

"Should I tell him about her? He needs to know he's involved also."

"I trust him and I don't trust anyone from DEA to uphold their end of the bargain. He also cares about her."

"I agree. This is going to be a shock for him but we need him up to speed when the money is being transferred. He needs to know both for his and her safety."

"It's almost over with now; just a few more days. Where you able to find out what other languages she speaks?"

"No and her passport is one of the best fraud I've seen. Do you think she is planning on disappearing after she gets the money?"

"No one can stop her at that point."

"I'll speak with him tonight after dinner. I'll tell him as much as possible."

"I'll put the guards on alert."

"Yes, that's a good idea."

The call ended.

~!~

Dinner was good but Storm could only concentrate on what he wanted, and what he wanted was for Madelyn to begin speaking. Her daughter was flirting with him but she was a child. He was doing his best to play the part of the gracious guest, but the seconds seemed like hours.

"Storm, lets walk on the beach. The sunset is gorgeous," Madelyn invited.

Storm happily agreed and nodded his goodbye to her daughter. Madelyn laughed seeing that he got very similar reactions as his father from the opposite sex.

They were walking for a few minutes when Madelyn began. "I met her when she was fourteen years old and immediately I could tell there was something very different about her. The way she carried herself was not that of fourteen years old but that of a woman in charge. When Henry told me her name, I was floored. Her father was the best international investment banking in the Caribbean and one of the top five best in the world. All of a sudden he's dead and I'm being asked to protect her money."

"Why would you be asked to protect $80,000 and what is her real name?" Storm asked.

Madelyn laughed. "$80,000? Her name is Salina Angelina Carter and she is worth more than 15 billion dollars." Storm stopped walking and turned to look at Madelyn with his jaw dropped. "Yes, she's wealthier than you."

~!~

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Trust Ch. 19

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 640 milliseconds