• Home
  • /
  • Erotic Poetry Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic Poetry
  • /
  • The Face of Death

The Face of Death

Death.

In the entire universe it is the only equity. It comes for one and all without discrimination or preference. It comes for all beings and all things.

The young and the old. The beautiful and the ugly. The good, the bad and every shade in between. The ultimate in fairness. It does not play favorites. Death has been around for an eternity and will still be around when all of us are gone.

We live in a finite universe. All things must come to an end. The galaxies and their billions of stars. The planets. The constellations. The quasars. The myriad of worlds.

All things must come to an end. One day, our sun will grow cold and die out like a light. The planets will cease to orbit around it. The galaxies themselves will come to the end of all things cosmic, the Black Hole.

The universe exploded into Life with the Big Bang. Countless galaxies were created and countless worlds were born. One of those worlds is our very own planet Earth. Right there on one of the arms of the Milky Way galaxy.

The only world that has spawned life. Not just life but intelligent life if mankind must be given its dues. Humanity has evolved. Men and women have walked this earth for eons in search of meaning and life.

It hardly occurs to us that someday, our kind might not exist. In a multiverse where anything is possible but all things come to an end, humanity will one day cease to exist. Everything we are will be forgotten since there will be no one to think and wonder and remember.

Death comes for all things.

Sometimes I wonder if Death is sentient. Does Death feel anything at all? I shudder to think what the grim reaper's thoughts might be if it were sentient.

Sometimes, I wonder what I would do if this world were mine. Alas, it belongs to one far older and greater than I. Something older than the universe itself, the galaxies and stars, older than the ancients and the gods themselves.

Death.

It's coming for us all.

The End.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Erotic Poetry Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic Poetry
  • /
  • The Face of Death

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 58 milliseconds