• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Mind Control
  • /
  • Divide and Conquer

Divide and Conquer

The last thing Emma remembered, along with a faintly nauseating wave of dizziness and a sensation like her eyelids were stuck together, was Ryan sighing to himself and muttering, "This is so inconvenient." Then the lights went out in her brain for a while.

When she recovered, it was dark. Not in the sense of 'the sun had gone down', although it might have-Emma couldn't tell, because she couldn't see anything. Something covered her face completely, a heavy helmet that blocked her sight and muffled her hearing. She reached up to take it off, but her hands stopped short after moving only a couple of inches. Emma felt something pull on her wrists as she tried to move her arms again; there was some give to the stiff material, but not much. She had a sudden, vaguely terrifying mental image of the straps they used on hospital beds in the movies, the ones they used to restrain difficult patients. As she gave in to a bout of panic and began to struggle, she realized that another set held her ankles. That only made her writhe even harder as her terror built.

"Hello?" Maddie's voice cut through Emma's growing sense of panic, restoring a tiny bit of stability to her chaotic thoughts. Not that Maddie sounded calm-in fact, she sounded as scared as Emma felt-but at least her friend was here too. Emma wasn't alone, tied up and blind and naked (oh God, she was naked, where were her clothes when did she lose them what else happened while she was unconscious) in a strange place. She had her best friend with her. They were both...tied up and blind and probably both naked too, in a strange place. Emma's voice cracked into a sob on her first attempt at speech.

She pulled it together, though. "I'm here, Maddie," she said, trying to project as much reassurance as she could through her voice. "It's-it's gonna be okay." She really hoped Maddie didn't ask her what she was basing that statement on.

Luckily, Maddie had other things on her mind. "I, I remember..." There was a long pause. "I remember thinking that there must have been something in the drinks. You were shaking me, trying to get me to sit up, and I couldn't move." Emma could hear the fear in Maddie's voice getting stronger again as her friend tried to sort through her disjointed recollections of the previous evening. "I felt so heavy and dizzy, and...and then you sort of slumped down onto me. That's the last thing I remember. Did you...did he...?"

"I think it was Ryan," Emma said, raising her voice so that Maddie could hear her clearly despite the helmet covering their ears. "I think you're right, he drugged our drinks." She felt strangely detached from her own words, like she was giving advice over the phone to a friend in a difficult situation. Emma knew it was probably just a coping mechanism to keep herself from screaming, but she accepted it gratefully. "It's okay. He can't keep us here forever. So many people saw us at the party last night, they'll be bound to ask questions when we don't show up at work tomorrow."

"I...you're right, Ems." Emma heard it in Maddie's voice, a desperate attempt to cling to the reassurance Emma provided and echo it back to her. "He can't keep us here for more than a day or two. We can get through this together." Emma heard a sudden, choked sob. "Oh, God, if you hadn't been here..."

Before Emma could respond, the darkness in front of her eyes suddenly changed. It didn't go away, but it became strangely vivid and luminous-the difference between a television set that was off and one that was showing a black screen. Emma jerked in her restraints, instinctively trying to shrug the helmet off, but it was strapped on securely. A faint humming noise sounded in her ears, the sound of speakers broadcasting silence.

Then she heard a third voice. "Well, exactly," Ryan said, sounding exasperated. "If she had just taken a hint like everyone else, we wouldn't be in this mess, now would we? You and I would have a nice leisurely weekend to spend getting to know each other, and you'd head back to the city on Monday all nice and happy and ready to quit your job and live with your rich new boyfriend in the countryside. No one would have even thought twice."

He sighed, and Emma felt him give her an oddly playful smack on the shoulder. "And then you, silly girl, could have come and visited us in a week or two and gotten your treatment then! You have no idea how difficult you've made things, with your inconvenient questions and your entirely unwarranted concern. Just rigging up the second interface helmet took almost five hours-I had to give you both a second dose! You've made this very difficult, and I'm really afraid I've not left enough time to do it properly." It was so surreal, hearing threats in Ryan's understated, oh-so-British tones. Emma felt like any moment, James Bond was going to come in and start quipping at them.

"So I'm going to have to improvise a bit," Ryan continued. Emma heard him tapping at a keyboard, and suddenly her eyes were filled with pulsing waves of color. The hiss of the speakers in her ears turned into a dull throb, a wall of ambient sound that Emma's brain tuned out with unnatural speed. She knew it was there, but there was simply nothing for her thoughts to latch onto. It became part of the background of every other sound, of the swirling lights that she saw everywhere she looked. Of her thoughts.

"As you might already have surmised," Ryan said, still sounding like he was narrating a public-television science show, "this is a brainwashing device. There are subliminal messages, both visual and auditory, in the sensory input you're now receiving. These subliminal messages are designed to reduce your ability to think critically and to lock in a strong mental association between receiving suggestions from me and experiencing physical pleasure. At this point," he went on, his voice abruptly becoming forceful, "I would like to remind you that screaming will achieve absolutely nothing. The staff has been given the rest of the weekend off, and you're in the sub-basement's wine cellar. Nobody could possibly hear you."

Emma bit back a scream she hadn't even realized she was getting ready to make. Instead, she said, "It's okay, Maddie. We can fight this. Just close your eyes, don't let it in. Listen to my voice instead. We'll fight it together." She took her own advice, squeezing her eyes shut tightly so that the patterns became merely a blur of light strobing through her closed eyelids.

"Together," Maddie replied, her voice tight with barely suppressed fear. "Okay. Yeah. We can do this. Just push it all away, right? Shut it all out. Everything but you and me. Together."

"Ah. Well. About that." Ryan sounded almost apologetic, as though he was just waiting for a polite gap in their inspirational resistance speeches to give them some awkward news. "You see, I was a trifle worried about exactly what you've described-normally, I give myself a good forty-eight hours of uninterrupted brainwashing time, and I fear we've got slightly more than half that before I'll need to return you. And of course, normally my girls are very much alone when they undergo the process. Abandoned, even, at least as far as they're concerned. It makes them far more...receptive." Emma found herself wondering how many times Ryan had repeated the process, and just how many of the beautiful women at the party were secretly in his thrall.

"But I'm afraid it would take me simply ages to prepare a separate room for one of you-so needs must as the devil drives. I'm prepared to make one of you a very generous offer." Emma felt his fingers brush possessively down her arm, and heard a slight commotion that suggested he had done the same to Maddie. "An offer one of you, quite literally, can't refuse."

"Whichever one of you surrenders first to my device's tutelage," Ryan said, "will be granted full control over the other. Submissive and obedient to me, of course, but the one who resists longer will be programmed with a second layer of conditioning to make them compliant to you as well. In all ways, sexual and otherwise."

He let out a small chuckle. "And if you're telling yourself that you're not interested in that offer, well, I assure you...you will be. I plan on using my...authority, as it were...to convince my first slave that she is bisexual. A-assuming you aren't already, of course," he stammered incongruously, suddenly all British embarrassment again for a moment. "And while she will love to submit to men, she will absolutely revel in dominating other women. Quite, erm, sadistically, in fact. And having a toy of her very own will probably bring out her...creative side. Think of it as the stick to go with the carrot."

"Don't listen to him, Maddie," Emma shouted, her voice husky with urgency. "He's just trying to mess with our heads, get us to turn on each other. We're stronger than that!"

"That's interesting," Ryan said. Emma heard a scraping noise, and realized he was actually pulling up a chair to watch them struggle against his control. "I will admit, I expected to hear that sort of thing from Maddie more than you, my dear. She's always struck me as the dominant one in your friendship-I would have thought that she was going to be the one to try to trick you into holding out in order to realize some of her less, erm...savory desires."

"It's not a trick!" Emma cried out. "Come on, Maddie, talk to me. Let me know you're still there."

Maddie responded, but Emma shivered at the note of despair in her voice. "I...you're right," she whispered. "He's just messing with our heads. Trying to split us up, right? Divide and conquer."

"Of course I am," Ryan responded matter-of-factly. "Of course. Won't even pretend to deny it. But it doesn't mean I'm wrong. I mean, one of you is already asking yourself if you can possibly hold out until I have to release you. Possibly both. You're already wondering how strong your friend really is, and whether you can trust them to struggle with the same vigor that you're able to muster. One of you is stronger than the other. You must know it. And so one of you will be the first to surrender."

Emma tugged against the restraints in sudden fury, but they refused to give. "That's bullshit!" she shouted, her voice echoing strangely off of the stone walls. "It's not about who's stronger. We're both strong enough to resist you. Both of us, do you hear me?"

"Oh, for a while, I'm sure," Ryan said mildly. "I mean, I don't choose vapid women to be my slaves-what would be the point?" He chuckled politely. "But really, it's somewhat cruel to offer your friend false hope like that. I'm sure you've already realized that I'd much rather take the risk of your disappearance being noticed than release you without ensuring your total obedience to me. One way or another, you will both surrender."

Emma felt his hand on her knee. She angrily shook it away. "And if you've already realized that, and you're still trying to get your friend to hold out, well...one has to ask oneself why. Has it been a fantasy for you? I know she's very pretty, I've been rather taken with her myself. How long have you been waiting for her to see you the way you see her?"

Emma's eyes flashed open in a furious glare, but she found herself staring only into the blazing, inexorable patterns of light. "I-you-you lying-" She focused her anger, tried to use it to push back the suggestions battering away at the edge of her consciousness. "He's lying, Mads," she said, deliberately freezing out Ryan's presence. "He's saying that to get inside your head, make you doubt yourself. To make you doubt me. You know I'd never hurt you."

"Because you love me," Maddie said. Her voice was dull, despairing, cynical. "Right?"

"Because I care about you!" Emma shouted back. "I care about you because you're my friend and, and I don't want you to be some kind of brainwashed sex toy for the rest of your life! Come on, Maddie, don't give up! Please! I can't do this alone. I can't do this without you." She wanted so badly to reach out, to hold her friend's hand and squeeze it tight, but her wrist cuffs wouldn't let her.

"I..." Emma could hear it then, the desperate attempt in her friend's voice to stifle tears. "I want to, Ems, honest I do. But he's right. One of us is stronger than the other. And we both know it. I'm sorry."

Emma shook her head in quiet refusal, but all it got her was a wave of vertigo when the swirling colors moved right along with her. She realized she had forgotten to close her eyes, but when she tried to squeeze them shut again they refused to move. "No, Maddie," she whimpered. "No, you're not weak. You're my friend and I'm proud of you and you're not weak at all!"

There was a long pause. "Excuse me?" Maddie said. The dull exhaustion in her voice was gone, replaced with incredulous anger. "You thought I was talking about me? Come fucking on, Ems. We both know that you're the fucking expert at living your life for other people. You went to school because your dad wanted you to. You quit school to take care of him. You moved in with me after he died because you didn't know what to do with yourself. You said it yourself, you can't do it alone. I can. You'll hold out as long as I hold out, and then you'll start looking for someone to tell you what to do. As per fucking usual. God, even as a sex slave I won't be able to get you to take charge of your own fucking life."

"That's-" Emma saw the patterns swim for a moment, wobbling and blurring in her vision, and she realized she was crying inside the mask. She hoped it fucking shorted something out. "That's not fair, Maddie," she said. "I'm just trying to help you be strong. I want to be there for you."

"Do you even hear what you're saying?" Maddie snapped back. 'I'm just trying to help you'. 'I want to be there for you.' You never do anything for your fucking self! You're so fucking busy propping up other people so that you don't have to think about what you want, what you need. God, Ryan probably fucking made this fucked up test because he wanted to watch you help him brainwash me with your constant fucking cheerleader routine!"

"No," Ryan said, his voice smug. "But I am enjoying it, so please don't stop on my behalf."

"So w-what do you want?" Emma shouted, scarcely even noticing the patterns anymore. They just flowed into her mind, unnoticed and invisible, layering her thoughts with commands she didn't even recognize anymore. "You want me to give in, is that it? You want me to just stop fighting and let it take me so I'll tell you what to do for a change? Because I can do that. Hey!" She rattled her restraints angrily. "Hey Ryan! I'm brainwashed now, I'm your fucking obedient fucktoy! Guess that means I win, huh?"

Ryan chuckled. "I'm afraid I did take the possibility of deception into account...although perhaps a slightly less flamboyant deception than you're attempting. No, there's a particular phrase that your subconscious mind is being bombarded with, one you won't consciously become aware of until all resistance has been eradicated from your brain. When you're completely enslaved, it'll just...slip out."

"I don't want you to control me," Maddie said, her voice sinking back into dull resignation. "I just...I want it to be over. Okay? I believe him when he says this works, and I believe him when he says he's not going to let us go until we're his slaves. So why keep fighting? So that I can be your bitch along with his? There's no point, Ems. It's useless to resist. If you're holding out for me, you don't have to bother. I've given up."

"No..." Emma could hear herself sobbing now, big quaking heaves in her voice as she tried one last time to make her friend keep struggling. "No, please, Mads, you-you can do this, you're right. You're the strong one, you've always been the strong one, please. Just a little bit longer. Just fight with me. Stay with me. Please."

All she heard was a slow sigh from the chair next to her. "Goddammit," Maddie said, her voice filled with exhaustion and frustration. "You can't even insult my fucking willpower without changing your mind because I tell you to. I-God, I just want to-why won't it work, Ryan? Why won't it fucking let me...?" Maddie trailed off into silence. When she spoke again, it was in an emotionless monotone.

"I'm a good little slut for Master's cock," she said.

"And we have a winner!" Ryan clapped his hands together, springing to his feet so quickly that Emma actually heard it. "Congratulations, pretty girl, I think you're going to be very happy with your new life." The sound of unbuckling straps and catches followed, as he released Maddie from her chair. "Now, if you'll come along with me, I'll go ahead and give you your first fuck as my new slave, and then we can discuss exactly how you're going to deal with your good friend here. I am sorry, Emma, but I do keep my promises. A man is only as good as his word, after all."

"Please, no, wait!" Emma shouted, hearing their footfalls heading for the door. "I'm a good little slut for Master's cock, I'm a good little slut for Master's cock!" Already her mind was racing ahead-if she could just fool him, even for a few minutes, she could get to her phone. She could let someone know what he was doing to them, they could reverse it and free her and-

"Oh, you will be soon enough," Ryan said cheerfully. "But with your friend here nicely brainwashed, I think I'll have no trouble convincing people that you've decided to extend your stay with me a bit. And with the time pressure off, I'd just as soon hedge my bets. Don't worry, we'll be back down to properly convince you of your new role. Once Madeline and I have come to terms regarding the details, of course." Before Emma could get out another word, the door closed again, leaving her alone. Crushingly, agonizingly alone.

After a while, the silence became too much for her. "I'm a good little slut for Master's cock," Emma half-whispered, half-sobbed, chanting the words over and over again. "I'm a good little slut for Master's cock, I'm a good little slut for Master's cock..." One of these times, she hoped, she would come to believe it.

THE END

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Mind Control
  • /
  • Divide and Conquer

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 178 milliseconds