• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Letters & Transcripts
  • /
  • Literotica Authors 03: soppingwetpanties

Literotica Authors 03: soppingwetpanties

I am conducting a series of interviews with authors on Literotica, this is the third in the series, with the author soppingwetpanties. She is a relatively new author on Literotica, but I've enjoyed her stories, most of which involve themes of lesbian domination and submission. Her stories are highly rated and have received many comments.

I have reached out to a variety of authors, some of who have been on the site for a while, others who are newer, but all write stories that I admire. I hope you enjoy the series; please feel free to send me your feedback, including suggestions of some of your favorite authors you would like to see interviewed. These are the words of the authors themselves; I have only conducted a light edit for formatting, typos, and consistency.

********

Is there anything about you and your background, beyond what is in your Literotica profile, that you would like your readers to know about you?

To the surprise of no one I love engaging in sex and when I'm not engaging in sex I'm thinking about sex and writing about sex. I love kinky sex, especially involving submission. I'm not big into humiliation but I like to write about it because it can raise the "hotness" level of a story.

Do you remember when you first discovered that you liked reading erotic literature? How did this come about?

Hmmm. I'd have to say Penthouse Letters. It was a great accompaniment to sex. But then it got repetitive and I discovered sites like Lit. I also started with Fanny Hill and Peyton Place. Those were steamy novels.

When did you first begin writing your own erotic literature? What prompted you to write your own?

Recently. I found it to be a great outlet for my hidden desires. I of course read Fifty Shades of Grey. I thought I could write as well as E.L. James. Hopefully I've surpassed her. I would say that most of my favorite authors on Lit have better erotic prose than Ms. James.

Most of your stories have themes of lesbian dominance and submission, so I am curious how you develop the ideas for your stories? What are your muses - your own life experiences, other stories that you've read, other media, random thoughts?

I love women and their complexity. Dominance and submission allows you to explore the limits of a woman's personality. How do they react on the edge? Women tend to hold their cards close to the vest, so there's a lot more mystery surrounding their thoughts and motivations. Writing a story about women allows me to reveal what they are thinking and why they are are acting in a particular way. There are a lot of good Dom stories on Lit (e.g. Dr. Mabeuse, secretsxywriter) but I have difficulty replicating their mindset. I'm much more comfortable with women in that role.

I do rely on my life experiences. I also read a lot on Lit and research a fair amount on the internet. I think about things that I like doing (e.g. shoe shopping, which then begat "If the Shoe Fits . . ." and writing on Lit, which begat "No Quarter for Katherine). Also experiences I've had in my professional career ("The Abyss").

One theme that is common to Lit because it's prevalent in real life is the woman that is trapped in society's expectations of her role and her behavior when she colors "outside the lines." That is probably the area I enjoy the most. It's great fun to escape from the hum drum of the day-to-day and to enter a world of your inner fantasies. I would say that almost all of my stories have that element to it. I think that Justine in "The Abyss" and Katherine in "No Quarter for Katherine" are great examples of women who are unwittingly drawn into the world of BDSM.

Some of your stories are single chapters, others are series. When you start a story, do you always plan ahead on how many chapters it will be? Do you allow reader reactions and ratings to help spur you to continuing a story in subsequent chapters? How do you know when a story is finished and it's time to move on to the next one?

There are a few of my stories that had a longer story line. For example, the two stories so far for Renee's Submission take you through the seduction and training of Renee. The third story (not yet finished) will deal with her auction.

The vast majority of the stories at least begin as a single set of chapters. I like starting with a prologue to set the stage for the story. The story then tends to write itself. That's how I wrote "The Abyss."

I do respond to reader reaction and ratings as part of the decision to continue a story. But as silkstockingslover noted, it is very difficult to write succeeding chapters and to prevent the story from devolving to just sex without a good underlying plot line. I usually end a story line when I can't come up with that good underlying plot line. I was happy with "The Abyss" as it had a good story progression. I really liked the "Mistress Anastasia" chapters. I think a lot of readers reacted negatively to how "evil" Mistress Anastasia was, but I thought she was a good foil to the goodness inherent in Justine. One story that just can't get past the first installment is "If the Shoe Fits . . ." I thought the seduction scene was wonderful but I just don't know if there's a good plot line after that initial seduction. Reflecting on it, that is a good analog for real life where the initial seduction is the most exciting and then there is a battle to keep the relationship fresh.

What is your typical writing style - do you work in shorter bursts, writing a section of a story and then putting it aside and returning to it? Or do you sit down and write a story from beginning to end?

Writing in bursts. You'll have an idea and want to get it on paper. Most of the time you need to work from scene to scene because the characters will want to take you in one direction or another. I don't think I've ever written a story in one sitting.

Do you ever collaborate on your stories with other authors, or with editors? If so, please tell us a little about your collaborative process.

I've collaborated with a number of people in my short writing career. "Kelly Submits to a New Master" is a prime example of a collaboration where I wrote the story from a woman's perspective (the man's perspective was written by Doc Magnus called "Make Kelly Mine"). I've also corresponded extensively with Boxwood on the Mistress Elaine and Jennifer's Road to Submission stories. I've integrated characters names and some sexual practices into stories at a reader's request. I really enjoy the collaborative process. Oftentimes I will draft something and send it out for ideas on where the scene will go. If you don't collaborate it's difficult to prevent yourself from falling into a rut with the types of sex scenes, the background, and even the physical characteristics of your characters (e.g., always blond with big tits).

Most readers read erotica in order to be aroused, and many (hopefully!) are also looking for a good plot. How do you balance the need for plot in your stories with the "hotness" factor necessary to get attention on Literotica?

I think there is a symbiotic relationship between plot and "hotness." It's the plot that makes most sex scenes "hot." I think that the cut line between a good story and a great one is the plot. Most first time writers will dash off a one page sex scene that is fun to read, but most readers want to know the back story. Tell me more about the characters. How did they get into this situation? What are they thinking and why? I'd like to think that all of my stories have a good foundation before you get to the sex scenes. My favorite is "No Quarter for Katherine" where a writer on Lit thinks she is meeting a man and instead meets a woman. In that story the initial sex scene is unbelievably hot even though the sex itself is rather tame.

When you're not busy writing your own stories, what are you favorite kinds of stories to read on Literotica, and why?

I'm always searching Lit for stories to read. I'm interested in deeper character development and more in-depth descriptions of the emotions of the characters. As I mentioned, Dr. Mabeuse writes so well, capturing the emotions of the characters in an engaging plot. I have also enjoyed reading krr1957. She is the master of unrequited love in a lesbian context. Her sex scenes are amazing (although I do get a bit frustrated that there isn't enough of a love undercurrent and that the protagonist in the stories rarely is rewarded with her release). The "Raw" series from secretsxywriter is also a benchmark series for BDSM. Of course silkstockingslover and Tappy McWidestance are staples for good hard core porn.

Many readers wonder about the sex lives of the authors they like reading. We all know that most stories on Literotica are fantasy, but is there a window into your own sexual being that you'd like to share with our readers?

I try to draw on my experiences when I'm writing. I love big soft breasts and eating ass and pussy and I pretty much have done (or dreamed of doing) everything in my stories.

Outside of your erotica, do you do other types of writing, either for work or pleasure?

Not really. Lit is my main creative outlet. It sucks up a good amount of my free time.

Anything else about you that you would like your readers to know?

It's a privilege to write stories that can be appreciated by others. I enjoy hearing from readers that my stories in some small way makes their lives more rewarding. I love reading erotica as a prelude to sex.

Finally, I have to ask: How did you come up with your nom de plume?

My panties get sopping wet when I write or read well written and sexy erotica. I love the imagery as well ("sopping wet panties" is such a great visual). And you can probably see that I try to work that phrase into most of my stories.

Thanks, soppingwetpanties!

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Letters & Transcripts
  • /
  • Literotica Authors 03: soppingwetpanties

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 713 milliseconds