• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Sam Spade 03: Case of the Fallen Angel

Sam Spade 03: Case of the Fallen Angel

1234

This story is copyrighted 2006 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story contains sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the legal age of consent. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please exit this site immediately.

*

I was working on a trace out of town when it all started. I was down in Reno trying to get a line on a Bob Troy. He had borrowed a hundred large from the mob and instead of paying back he had ran. Now I know what you're thinking, "Why would I have anything to do with the mob?" Well, he was a friend of Frankie and had burned her. Now that Frankie was one of my porcelain sluts, I had an obligation to take care of her. Ether I had to find Bob or Frankie would end up having to pay the cash back herself. Thus, I found myself sitting in a rented car outside a fleabag on the outskirts of Reno at two am in the morning.

Just as I expected, the curtains of the room I was watching opened and a face looked out. Now that I knew he was there, I could move. Getting out of the car, I smoothed my slinky dress and checked my makeup. I do not know why I bothered, it was as perfect as the day Angela had permanently applied it. I walked up to the door and looking at a card in my hand I knocked.

The door opened a crack and he looked out, "Yea? Wadda want?"

Using my best bimbo voice, I said, "Unicorn escorts sent me." I licked my lips and looked what I could see of him up and down.

"I didn't order no escort." He replied curtly.

"Isn't this 1581 west martin street room 219?" I asked with a pout.

"No this 2581 west martin"

"Ohh..." I pouted more and then put on a bright bimbo smile and said, "Want to party anyways?"

He looked me up and down and then opened the door, "Sure baby"

I strolled in and as he passed me, brought my hand down on the back of his neck. When he dropped to his knees, I moved around to the front and brought my knee up to his face breaking his nose. Grabbing him by the neck I hissed, "Where is it?" He tried playing dumb but a spike heel stomped into the back of a hand really loosens tongues. He pointed to a suitcase sitting off to the side. I hit him with my clutch purse that I had loaded with lead shot. Opening the suitcase, I found underneath some clothes was the cash. Dumping the clothes out I closed the suitcase and as I passed him said, "Be glad I came and not someone from the mob."

On the way back to the airport to catch the red eye back I called Frankie to let her know I recovered most if not all of her missing cash. While I was talking to her, I got a call from Angela. Angela was my receptionist and soul mate. I could not imagine how I have functioned before she came into my life. That she called while knowing I was out on a stakeout and in the middle of the night was surprising. But it was not as near as surprising as what I heard when I switched over.

"Hello love," I said clicking over.

"Sam," her voice was soft and sounded breathless. "Help I've fallen and can't get up."

I thought she was pulling a joke and laughed.

Her voice over road my laugh, "I really mean it... some..."

Her voice stopped and I heard a man's voice, in the background, "Hey... what are you doing... Give me that! Hey Boss, she's got a phone..." The phone disconnected and my heart stopped. Here I was half way across the country and my angel is in trouble.

I tried calling the house. When I had left, Angela and Cindy were still there together. Cindy was the one who had tried to frame me. Instead, Angela had turned the tables and now Cindy was part of the sisterhood, one of my porcelain sluts. When there was no answer, I knew that not only was my angel missing but Cindy also. There was no one I felt I could call on and with a sick and lost feeling, I flew home.

Waiting at the airport was a couple goons from the mob. "Da boss wants to see you Spade," One said as they bracketed me.

As they were frog marching me to their car I said, "Look boys I don't have time to play now. Tell Frankie everything is covered and I will get with her later today." I could have caused a scene but I did not think the police would let me leave carrying a suitcase full of money without a few unconformable questions.

Pushing me into the backseat and getting in beside me one said, "Not Frankie, Don Bruce."

As the car pulled away I sat unmoving stunned and not a little worried. Don Bruce was the head of the families for the whole east coast. There may have been men that are more powerful in the country but I could not think of one. Don Bruce was said to have everyone in his pocket, from the president on down to the cop on the street. I wondered if this had something to do with Angela's disappearance but no amount of prodding would get the goons to open up.

Driving along one of the men handed me a black cloth sack like hood and said, "Put it on Spade."

Looking at it and then I replied, "And if I don't?"

He just looked at me and replied, "We can toss yas in the trunk."

"Good point," I said pulling the hood on. The rest of the ride was made in silence. After what seemed like hours, the car stopped and I was told I could remove it. We were parked around the back of a large mansion. From the feel of the place, I would have guessed the Hamptons but it could have been anywhere. Still clutching the suitcase, I followed the men inside.

I was escorted through the kitchen and dining room to a small sitting room. There, before my eyes was the most powerful man in the United States. I stopped and stared at him. I had expected him to look like Marlon Brando from the movie "The Godfather." Instead, he looked like the green grocer down the street, small, old and worn from a life of hard work. Sitting off to one side was Frankie. It only took a moment for me to recover my shock and setting the suitcase down I walked forward into the lion's den.

Standing, Don Bruce walked over to me and taking my hand in his, kissed it. "Ahh, Samantha Spade. We meet at last. I have heard so much about you."

"Don Bruce," I said and looking at Frankie, "Frankie."

Don Bruce led me over to a chair near his and when I was seated, he sat. When we were all seated, Frankie poured tea and served us meekly. I watched her movements and manner to get a clue as to what was going on. "Miss Spade," he said and then paused, "We seem to have a problem."

I felt my heart stop, "problem?" I asked in a squeaking voice. The way the mob dealt with problems generally involved cement boots and a one-way trip to the harbor.

He looked at Frankie and when I looked at her, I saw that she had her head down and a single tear rolling down her cheek. Looking back at me, "It seems that Frankie misplaced some of our funds and failed to report it." As I stated to speak, he made a small gesture with his hand, "I would guess that the missing funds are in the suitcase over there." When I nodded, he continued, "But that is not the problem I speak of Miss Spade."

"If there is any missing I would be more then glad to make up the difference." I said. I really did not want to know what this problem he was alluding to was.

"The money is of no importance." He replied. He sipped his tea and leaned back. "When god gave me a daughter instead of a son, I allowed her to follow in my footsteps. I set her up as a club owner when she asked, and even allowed her to have the plastic surgery when she begged." He looked at me, his eyes old and tired, "When she started dancing after your visit I was surprised but like any father I could not say no to my baby." He looked at Frankie as he continued, "When your receptionist took up with her, I figured it was a passing phase and she would settle down with a nice young man. I planned on passing my final years playing with my grandson. And now I find this out..."

I looked at Frankie and Don Bruce. I had always wondered how she managed to make it into the mob. They were a male centered organization. Now I knew. I gulped hard and did not speak.

Not breaking eye contact with me, Don Bruce said, "Pumpkin, what would you do if Miss Spade died?"

In a soft voice Frankie said, "No daddy no. I would kill myself."

"Now Miss Spade, it's time for some answers," He said softly. "I want to know what you did to my baby girl."

Instead of answering him, I looked at Frankie, "Frankie, it's going to be ok. I want you to let Don Bruce see your mask."

"As you wish mistress." She replied.

Don Bruce watched in shock as Frankie's mask seemed to form over her face. When he turned back to me, I told him how Cindy had set me up, mailed the masks to different people and changed them forever. At first, he did not believe me, but after a call to check on the mask's he changed his mind. "You see, not only was Frankie caught in the trap, but I was also." I said and felt my mask come to the surface. "I am sorry Don Bruce, but Frankie will always be mine and I her mistress." I said as Frankie fled into my arms.

His words shook with anger as he paced back and forth in the room, "Where is this Cindy now?"

"I don't know..." I said. When he turned angrily towards me and raised his hand as if to slap, I added, "Angela has been kidnapped and she has disappeared."

Frankie looked up at me and said, "Angela? My sister's missing?" her voice filled with pain.

"Don't worry sweet, I will find her. I will find both of them." I said forgetting where I was as I held Frankie close and stroked her hair.

Don Bruce sat down and stared at us, "It seems I underestimated you Miss Spade. I thought you were after control of the..." his voice failed him and he looked down, "Do you... love?"

I looked up and waited until he looked at me, "yes, as deeply and as strongly as you do." I had to try to get him to understand. I do not know why it seemed important to me but it was. "Just as you are Frankie's father, I am her mistress. She and all the others are my responsibility. If it takes me to lay down my life for her to be safe, then I would do so."

I looked down at Frankie and stroked her hair as I talked, "I could have sent myself up as a goddess, each woman working to support and worshiping me. But I did not. It would have not been right to do so." Looking back at the tired old man and seeing the father not the head of a criminal ring, "She and her sisters are my daughters and I love them all very much." Nuzzling my face against Frankie's I said softly, "Especially you." As I stroked her hair once more I said, "Time to hide the mask again baby."

Looking up at Don Bruce, "I am sorry Don Bruce," I said as both our masks flowed under the skin. "Kill me if you need but I cannot change Frankie's programming or my own. All I can do is make sure she is loved and not hurt."

After a time, he said, "Thank you Miss Spade, you may go." As I started to leave with Frankie's hand in mine he stopped us, "Pumpkin, I am sure Miss Spade can do better by herself."

Frankie hugged me close and said into my ear, "please be careful mistress." She then kissed me and walked back over to her father.

Don Bruce looked at Frankie and then at me, "It was a pleasure to meet you Miss Spade. I am sure we will be talking again." With a wave of his hand he added, "Oh, and keep the money."

I looked at them and bowed slightly, "It was a pleasure to meet Frankie's father, Don Bruce. Thank you for the honor." Glancing at the suitcase, I added, "No thank you, it is Frankie's," and walked out. The two bodyguards escorted me back to the car and after the hood was safely on, drove me back to the airport.

Chapter 2

It was after six in the evening and I had yet to make it home. Grabbing my bag from the luggage pickup, I got in my car and hurried home. The front door was closed and showed no signs of jimmying when I examined it. Entering the house, I found another thing all together. The house had been trashed. All of the drawers were emptied on the floor, the cushions on the couch and chairs ripped open, and every breakable had been shattered. I walked through the house in shock. I had never seen such a mess. Even the bedroom had been tossed.

On the floor I found my teddy bear, he had been gutted like a fish and tossed to the side. Up until then I had kept everything under control. However, the sight of teddy ripped up with his stuffing hanging out, broke the damn and I crumpled to the floor sobbing. I used to never cry, never let the pain and hurt out. That all changed when Angela came back into my life. Not only had Angela taught me to enjoy being a woman in love again, she had also opened up the emotional dam that I had erected to close off the world from my inner feelings.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and jerked as if I had been shot. "Spade? Are you ok?" I looked up and saw Fat Johnny kneeling beside me, a look of worry on his face. Behind him, I could see a couple of his gorillas looking around nervously with guns drawn.

Sitting up I set teddy on the bedside table and wiped my eyes before nodding. Fat Johnny was not what I would call a friend. In the past, we had helped one another out and he was an acquaintance of dad's. The last time I had seen him I had trashed the lobby of his restaurant and damn near blew his head off. "What have you gotten yourself into this time?" he asked.

"Nothing, just redecorating the place Johnny," I said looking at him. "That and it seems someone has kidnapped Angela."

"Angela? Are we talking the same Angela... the android?" He asked. The two bodyguards looked at us in surprise. Fat Johnny looked at them and said, "Go watch the front door." When they left, he turned to me and said softly, "Don't worry about the boys, Samantha."

"What the hell is going on?" I asked. "I go out of town for a few days on a skip trace and come back to find this." He shook his head not meeting my eyes. "Come on Fats... You have your fingers in everyone's pie. Talk to me please." I added feeling the tears flowing again.

Fat Johnny looked at me and pulled the hanky from his suit breast pocket. Handing it to me, I wiped at my eyes as he talked. "I don't know Sam. First, I hear someone named Jojo placed a price on your head for 10 grand. Then the mob places a price on JoJo head for 50 grand and another 10 for anyone who tries to collect on taking you down. So I ask you again what have you gotten into?"

Don Bruce it seemed had decided that I was better off alive then dead. "I don't know anyone named JoJo." Looking at Fat Johnny I realized he was more worried than usual. He had never come to my house, and I damn sure never his bodyguards pull heat before. I felt I had to say something about the mob but did not desire to go too far, "I did a collection for Frankie Desalvo, I guess that's why the mob's interest in my tender body." He looked dubious but did not press the issue, "So who the hell is JoJo?"

Before Fat Johnny could answer one of his gorilla's burst into the room, "Boss, we got company. Two cars, each with three shooters and a driver it looks like."

Fats looked at me and then at the man, "Take them out." Turning back to me, "Damn! You're hotter than a burnt bearing. We need to get you out of here." For someone who weighed over four hundred pounds Fat Johnny can move fast. Grabbing my wrist in his hand, he pulled me to my feet. As we were hurrying out the back door, I could hear shots from inside the house. I tried to break his grip but it was as if an iron shackle held me.

As we ran though backyards he pulled out a cell and said into it, "pick up... fifth and maple, five minutes... be there" in short gasps. I could still hear the gun battle raging at my house. "Quit fighting damn it Spade." He said stopping for a moment to get his breath, "The boys can't hold them off long and we need to get clear." The shooting stopped, "Shit!" he said and pulled me along once more.

"Are they?" I started to ask as we ran but could not bring myself to finish. His lack of an answer spoke volumes.

When we reached the corner there was a car waiting for us. After diving into the backseat, Fat Johnny took the handkerchief from my unresisting fingers and wiped his sweating brow. "To answer your question, I don't know." He looked at the driver, "just drive around and watch for tails." Turning back to me, "I'm sorry Spade; you're too hot for me. Where can I drop you?"

"Wait... what do you know about this JoJo?" I asked. I needed something more than just a name to work with.

"All I know is Jojo is a heavy hitter from the south." Fat Johnny said, "Now I need to know where to drop you Spade."

I thought quickly, I needed something to defend myself, and a change of clothes. I knew that if they had my house covered then there would be people at the office waiting also to punch my clock. "Hmmm, you know Jimmy's Used Electronic Shop over on main?" I asked.

"Jimmy's in the hospital. Someone roughed him up earlier today."

"Take me to the hospital then." When Fat Johnny opened his mouth I continued, "I need to see him Fats."

"You heard the lady." He said to the driver.

We stopped at employee's entrance. I looked at him, said, "Thanks Johnny I owe you," and kissed his cheek. Gulping, I opened the door and started to get out when I felt his ham like hand on my arm. I turned back and wordlessly he passed me a snub-nosed 38. Nodding I got out and lifting my dress slipped it into my right stocking. Before walking in, I tried to make myself look presentable even thought I was still wearing the slinky bimbo hooker dress from Reno the night before.

It seemed to take forever to find Jimmy's room, but in reality, it could not have been more than 30 minutes. I spent most of the time dodging nurses while looking over charts. Entering Jimmy's darkened room, I called out to him softly as I walked forward. I needed help and he was my last chance. "Jimmy? Are you awake?"

A soft whispered voice answered me, "Sam?"

Moving up to the bedside, I found jimmy. He had IV's running to his arms and was swathed in bandages. What little I could see of his face looked black and blue with one eye swollen shut. "Oh Jimmy..." I said rushing to his side. "What happened? Who did this to you?"

His one good eye looked up at me and he said hoarsely, "Someone doesn't like you Samantha. When I wouldn't tell them where you were..."

"I'm so sorry..." I said and rested my head on his belly crying softly. "I don't understand any of this." I said through the tears.

Jimmy put his hand on my head and stroked my hair gently. I remembered the times when he would not touch me or allow me to touch him. "It's ok Samantha. I have good news though."

I looked up at him sniffling back my tears. I needed good news badly, "What?"

"The docs say my little toe on my right foot was untouched and is fine." He said with a little smile.

I could not help but smile back that was such an old joke. "Cute." I paused a second and then said, "James, I need help. Angela has been kidnapped, my place shot up, and couple of Fat Johnny's boys are lying dead there, not to mention god knows how many others there also. Can I use your place to lay low tonight?"

Jimmy sat up as I spoke. In the time we have known each other I had only called him James once before. "Angela? Taken? What the fuck are you into Sam?" He made like he trying to get out of bed and said, "get my pants."

I had to push him back down, "No, you need to get well." He shook his head no, "Please? I don't want your death on my head." I added my eyes brimming with tears.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Sam Spade 03: Case of the Fallen Angel

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 347 milliseconds