• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • An Unexpected Proposal of Marriage

An Unexpected Proposal of Marriage

123

A surprised and stunned Karen McCall stared down at her boyfriend of three years. On one knee, Glenn knelt before her with loving eyes in the middle of his apartment lounge. In his hand he held a small blue box; the lid was open and an engagement ring with a glimmering stone sat in a white surround.

"So Karen, will you marry me?"

Karen's mind went into overdrive; her first thoughts were of shock, and then of her parents locked in a loveless marriage. Was it to be the same for her? She lifted her eyes to Glenn's grinning face and smiled dutiful.

"Ahh, Glenn. It's just such a surprise. I don't know what to say." she said truthfully.

"Just say yes and let me make an honest woman of you."

For what seemed an eternity, she looked down at the ring and thought about what it all meant. Karen slipped forward off her chair and knelt in front of Glenn; she looked into his eyes, then leaned forward, put her arms around his neck and pulled him close. But her face told him all was not right, where was the big smile and the yes that he had so expected and hoped for?

Her brain was now in turmoil as this was all so unexpected. There had been no talk of marriage; they had happily been boyfriend and girlfriend for so long that it was almost like a marriage. They weren't quite living together, but Karen spent most Friday and Saturday nights at his apartment and some week nights too, but she tried not to make a habit of it as it was too hard to get to her place of work. She liked Glenn immensely, but was it really love? She tried to imagine that he was going to be the only man in her whole life. He had in fact been her only lover; a late starter, she had fooled around a little but never gone all the way until she met Glenn. She enjoyed sex and was content until this moment. But was this all life had to offer? She tried to imagine herself as a wife and a mother; she was suddenly scared for the first time in a long, long while.

Like a lot of women, Karen didn't consider herself to be attractive, but she knew that men liked to look at her with their lustful eyes. She wore her brunette wild wavy hair cut short as it was more manageable. She was of average height; her breasts were smaller than she'd like them to be. Her legs were short but shapely, her thin ankles an advantage when wearing short skirts. Friends told her that she was pretty, but at best she considered herself passable after spending ten minutes in front of a mirror with her makeup bag.

Eventually Karen pushed Glenn away to arms length and looked into his troubled eyes.

"Oh Glenn, why didn't you discuss this with me first? Its not that I don't love you, because I do." she lied for the first time. "It's just a lot for me to take in."

"Why?"

Karen took a deep breath and looked into his disappointed eyes, "Because, you know how I want to travel, and I've got my career to think about. I've no intention of becoming the domestic housewife and mother just yet. It's not about our relationship, it's about timing. About the things I want to do before I settle down."

"But we could do those things together." he suggested hopefully.

She smiled, "Yes we could, but we need to discuss what we both want first."

"So, is it a yes or a no?" he asked.

"We need to talk and I need time to think about it. It's not a decision that I'm going to make tonight."

She could see the torment and hurt in his eyes, but she knew in her heart it was a time to stand strong and resolute.

As usual on a Friday night, Karen stayed overnight. She let him have his way with her; she just lay back with her legs spread wide as he rode her until he emptied himself into her. She made the right moves and encouraged him, but was more than pleased when he finally rolled off and fell fast asleep. Karen then lay thinking about the future as Glenn snored contently beside her. The more she thought about it, the more determined she was to enjoy her young life as best she could, her down-trodden mother was a prime example of why she had to make her own decisions. After a sleepless night, she watched Glenn get up and go to work his Saturday shift.

Later that morning, she confided in her best friend and flatmate, not that she had any choice. Annie took one look at Karen's face as she arrived home; she stopped what she was doing, and led her to the dining table. Over a strong cup of coffee, Karen told Annie what had happened. Annie listed without interruption with the exception of passing over the tissue box to help with the tears. In her usual direct way, Annie then put the whole thing into perspective with one question.

"Do you love him?" she asked.

"What's love?" Karen replied.

Annie's laugh broke the mood, "Don't fucking ask me what love is. You should know I'm the last person to ask. I've never found it and I'm not really looking for it either."

Karen always looked up to Annie; she was far more confident and emotionally stronger than her. But she had to be, both beautiful and vivacious, men chased from all directions. Annie enjoyed the chase and played hard to get; then bed those who were considered worthy, only to discard them when she tired of them. She didn't believe in male commitment, she just wanted fun on her own terms. Annie had always been amused at Karen's relationship with Glenn. She didn't dislike him, but he didn't exactly have the get up and go that Karen needed. Accordingly, the fact that he was the only guy that Karen had slept with was a tragedy, but not that she'd said so. While Annie had a well earned reputation for saying exactly what she thought, they'd been friends for too many years for them to ever hurt each other. They were different as chalk and cheese, but that's what made them good friends.

"If you want me to be honest, the only concern that I have is that Glenn has been your only real boyfriend." Annie commented after taking a sip from her coffee mug. "I mean, how are you ever going to know whether he's mister right when you don't know who mister wrong is? There's not one guy I've met that's made me want to give up my freedom." she said. "Maybe I'll just be a slut till the day I die." she then added cynically.

Karen smiled, "You're not a slut; you just like sex too much."

Annie grinned wickedly, "Oh, I'm a slut alright. I had my first threesome the other night."

"What?" Karen cried with a look of horror on her face and placing her hands over her cheeks.

Annie laughed at her friend's reaction, "I was at Joseph's place and we were planning to go to bed when one of his friends arrived. To cut a long story short, we all ended up in the same bed."

"Annie, that's disgusting. You shouldn't have."

Annie sat back in her hair and looked over at Karen, "Thing is, it was the most exciting sex I've ever had. You wouldn't believe how good it was. Four hands, two mouths and two very hard cocks."

Karen had to laugh, "Did they respect you in the morning?"

Annie smiled, "I don't know about respect, but they both fucked me again."

A laughing Karen held up her hands in front of her, "Stop, stop; too much information."

"They made me breakfast, does that count as respect?" Annie added humorously. "Seriously, do you really want to tie yourself down? You're only twenty-three for Christ's sake. You've finally got the world at your feet; you've just graduated and got a good paying job. You can now start chasing your dreams. The question is do you wanna be tied to mortgage, an apron or washing nappies?

"Funny, I was asking myself the same questions." Karen replied.

The next few days were tough on Karen, her resolve stayed strong until Glenn contacted her, usually several times a day. Then she would weaken, if only for a while. She suggested that they continue as they were and see what transpired, but to her surprise Glenn declined stating he only wanted commitment. Well, two could certainly play that game.

On Wednesday night, Annie went out leaving Karen home alone. After checking her emails, Karen began surfing the web, something she liked to do when alone. Her mind wandered to sex and Karen's threesome, and for the first time in her life she began to look at adult websites. Not hard to find, she then did another search on threesomes. For the next hour, she flicked through numerous sets of photos with people in various situations. She soon mastered the filtering to amateur threesomes, and the more she looked at, the more aroused she got. By pure chance she hit on a site that offered erotic stories which only further aroused her. She shrugged of the urge to call Glenn, and retired alone to her bed. Removing her trusty vibrator from her bottom drawer, she lay back on her bed and pleasured herself through multiple orgasms, while all the time fantasising about having sex with someone else, just like on the websites, and just like Annie did.

On the following Friday night, Karen hit a local bar with her work crowd. It was a regular thing on Fridays, a few drinks in a nice bar was a good way to wind down after a hard week. Her work crowd were good fun, and mixed freely with other regulars with whom they'd got to know. The bar was vibrant and noisy with everyone having a good time. Karen too was enjoying herself, her troubles with Glenn forgotten if only for the time being. A few others joined them whom Karen didn't know, two girls and a guy. By sheer chance, the male of the trio ended up standing beside Karen. Without being a show off, he was one of those guys that naturally held the floor, he laughed a lot and told stories; he teased others and made fun of himself. More importantly he made others laugh, including Karen. She stole a few glances and liked what she saw. He was tallish with dark hair, his face rugged but in a good looking way. A white business shirt hung casually over wide shoulders and tucked into jeans over a flat stomach. His skin was the colour of light copper, but from the sun rather than genetics. What Karen was really drawn to was his big blue eyes, and his natural instinct to smile.

After a while, he turned to Karen, smiled and held out his hand, "We haven't been introduced, I'm Del."

She grinned and shook his hand, "Hi, I'm Karen. What sort of name is Del?"

"Short for Delray, but I hate it. Everyone just calls me Del."

"Delray isn't too bad, I kinda like it." she replied.

He laughed, "Tell you what, if you keep talking to me, you can call me whatever you want."

Karen couldn't suppress a grin, "Something tells me that's one of your standard lines."

He leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Only for the real pretty ones."

Karen moved away a little, still unable to rid herself of her silly grin. She quickly realised his comments were more about humour than to actually chat her up. Even though he was an obvious flirt, she was sort of enjoying the attention. As the evening progressed, they chatted to other people as well as to each other. Del only left her side to go to the bar, but he always returned, Karen could have moved away at any time but she didn't feel the need to. The numbers of people dwindled as the night wore on, then one of their group suggested clubbing and within minutes, drinks were finished and belongings picked up. Karen declined to go with them, the thought of more alcohol, loud music and hours of dancing didn't appeal. Minutes later she stood alone with the exception of Del still at her side.

Karen took a sip of her half full glass and then moved to a now vacant small table and sat down, after standing for a few hours her feet were killing her. Del followed and sat down opposite her placing his beer on the table.

"No clubbing for you either?" she asked.

"Nah, not my scene. So what are you going to do now?" he asked.

"Home, shower and bed. It's been a long week."

"How about a drink at my place? It's not far from here."

"She smiled, "Thanks, but no thanks. Somehow I think you'd be too dangerous to be alone with?" she answered honestly.

He smiled, "Probably, but it would be fun."

Karen leaned over the table, "Sorry, but I can get sex anytime I like from my boyfriend."

"I don't doubt that, but I'd be much more fun."

Karen laughed at his audacity, "Really, why would you be more fun than my boyfriend?"

He smiled and leaned over table close to her, "Because I'd pamper you."

"And what exactly does pampering involve?"

"Well, after getting you home and making you comfortable, I'd slowly seduce you and make terrific love to you, and then hold you in my arms all night. In the morning I'd make you a light breakfast before giving you the best massage of your life. Then, if you were really lucky, I'd make love to you again. The second time of course would be more enjoyable than the first. Then when you fully recovered, I'd take you out for breakfast, mind you by the time I've finished with you, it'd be more like lunch."

Karen raised her hands from the table and placed her face on them, she smiled at Del's face only a few inches away from hers.

"What a load of bullshit." she said quietly but with sarcasm. "The massage would probably involve a mad grope at my tits and up my skirt."

Without breaking eye contact, Del reached into his pocket and withdrew a leather wallet. He opened it, took out a business and put in front of Karen. She picked it up and looked at it.

Del Broadman Sports Physiotherapist & Massage

It also had a long list of letters indicating his qualifications, which were all a mystery to Karen.

"So, as I said before, the best massage of your life." Del added as Karen returned the business card.

"Well you've still got a cheek propositioning me like that. You've only just met me."

"True, but I've had my eye on you for a while." he replied.

Karen just rolled her eyes up at his comment.

"You don't believe me. Okay, last week you were in here, you had on a green skirt and a white blouse. You had green hose tugged into slinky little black boots with a buckle on the side. Very sexy those boots, I like them. The week before, you were wearing black jeans and if I remember right, a burgundy top. You were sitting over at that table over there." he said pointing to an area on the other side of the bar.

Karen sat back stunned at the accuracy of what she'd been wearing.

Del just grinned, "It's just that I think you're very attractive and I'm observant by nature. So it's not like this is the first time I've met you, I feel like I've known you for a long time."

"What else have you observed?"

Del shrugged his shoulders, "Tonight you seem a little down or preoccupied, other times you were much happier and bouncier."

"Very perceptive, you're right. I've a little man trouble at he moment." she replied.

Del grinned, "Well, all the more reason to come home with me then."

Karen laughed, "You don't miss a trick do you."

"Nope, but what about you? Do you really want to go home to bed alone when I can make you happier than you've been for a long time?"

Karen picked up her glass and took a drink, to her surprise; she was very tempted to say yes. She felt her heart race and the early signs of arousal kick in. Trouble was could she live with herself afterwards. She thought back to what Annie would do in the same situation. And then without having even thinking about it, her words just kind of tumbled out of her mouth.

"Okay, let's go. But this better be good, because I hate to be disappointed."

Del's apartment was modern and spacious; the lights were soon turned down providing an almost eerie feel to it. While Del opened a bottle of red wine, Karen wandered around the lounge taking in her surroundings. She found a room off the lounge with a padded massage table with folded towels at one end, on the walls were framed certificates. The smell of liniment and other aromas permeated the room.

"Is this table for me?" she asked as Del handed her a glass of red wine.

"No, that's for business, I still do a few a massages here for my old customers. But you're not business; you're pure pleasure."

Karen stared at him with big eyes, "Whose pleasure, yours or mine?"

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

If Karen thought that Del was going to rush things, she was sadly mistaken. After turning the stereo on, he sat back in a comfortable three seater couch opposite her and made interesting conversation. Gone was the laughing and jovial personality she had only known, in its place was a more calm, charming and rational person. Del interested her; he had magnetism that was hard not to like.

After a few glasses of wine, Karen excused herself and used the bathroom. Before leaving, she looked at herself in the mirror and asked herself what Del saw in her. Intuition told her it was more than the sex although it was hard to see why. She touched up her makeup and ran her fingers through her short hair. After straightening her top and skirt, she then stood back to view herself in the mirror. Her heart was beginning to race as she contemplated letting herself be seduced, could she actually do it or would she chicken out at the last moment? She took a deep breath and held it, telling herself that here was a chance to break out of her old mould. She grinned and told herself that she could. Slipping her shoes off, she lifted her skirt and pushed her pantyhose down and stepped out of them. Putting her shoes on again, Karen gazed into the mirror and looked at her legs. Not bad she told herself, then opened the door and flicked off the light.

Del noticed straight away that she'd removed her pantyhose and smiled.

"Hate them." Karen said sitting down. "I call them show stoppers when it comes to sex."

"Why don't you come over here?" he suggested patting the cushion beside him.

She smiled, "I dunno, is it safe?"

"Definitely not, but it'll be fun."

Karen picked up her glass and moved the short distance beside him, he grinned and removed her glass from her hand and placed it on the carpet beside the couch. His hand slipped around Karen's waist and he pulled her close. Their lips touched briefly one and then twice, he sucked her top lip into his mouth and caressed it with his tongue. His tongue sought and found hers, tilting his face to one side, he kissed her gently while exploring the inside of her mouth. Karen leaned into Del and placed her arms around his neck; he turned her around and eased backwards so that she was leaning on the back of the couch. For a time they sat contently kissing, their hands touching and caressing.

Del lifted his hand and stroked her neck for a time before letting it drop over her top to her breasts, his fingers tracing the outline of her bra and then her nipples. He felt her breathing deepen as her nipples hardened, then cupped each breast through the layers of material. Karen shivered involuntarily as his hand moved downwards and to the outside of her thigh, it then slipped under her skirt and upwards. She felt her skirt slide high up her thighs as his hand caressed her panty covered buttocks. Del broke the kiss and shifted his feasting eyes to her legs, his hand exploring the smoothness of her skin.

"You've got nice legs." he said.

Karen smiled and looked down; her blue panties just visible beneath the hem of her raised skirt.

"They're too short and too big, but thanks anyway."

"You undersell yourself, you're pretty, you're figure is nice and curvy, and you're good fun. And if you put yourself down again tonight, you're over my knee. Savvy?"

She smiled, nodded, and raised her lips to his. What started as little pecks turned into a passionate kiss. Del's hand again slowly stroked her thighs but avoided the warmth between them. Karen's arousal continued, she could feel herself becoming wetter, her panties already beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable. What would Del think when he finally slipped his hand inside her panties to find her sopping wet? Should she be embarrassed? But as time slipped by, she cared less and less. Finally, she felt his hand move up between her thighs; she opened them slightly to encourage him. She moaned as his fingers caressed her through the thin material; then became frustrated as his hand moved away down her thighs.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • An Unexpected Proposal of Marriage

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 144 milliseconds