• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • A Family Affair Ch. 06

A Family Affair Ch. 06

Sam knew the day would come when the speculative looks would start. But he figured he had more time. So Miss Maybelle thought she knew something did she, he thought to himself. That damn woman was so nosey and sex starved she thought everyone was having sex with someone other than their spouse.

Not that you should completely write her off. Sometimes she was right and people knew it. God only knows who she has shared her juicy bits of gossip with so far. She probably told the whole damn county, which means the whole damn county has been or will be watching him and Cathryn to see for them selves if something is going on.

It didn't matter their affair just became one hundred percent more difficult to carry on anyway. School was back in session starting the next week so Cathryn didn't have any days off any more. No more Wednesday 'lunch' dates. They would have to find a different way to spend time together. The sex wasn't the important part, it was the being together.

It pissed him off, a lot. It pissed him off so much he found himself standing on the Maybelle's front porch pounding on her door. Inside he could hear her lumbering gate as her waddled to the door. The expression on her face was one of surprise and delight when she opened the door and saw Sam standing there.

"Why, its little Sammy!" She beamed at him. "Come in, come in. I don't get to many visitors. I just made some cookies."

Sam stood immobile at the door, his handsome face set in hard lines. "No Maybelle. This isn't a social call. I want it to stop."

"Want what to stop sweetie?"

"Whatever you have been telling people about Cathryn and me. It has to stop. If it was just me I would let it go but I won't stand for you spreading rumors about her."

"Really, isn't that sweet. Here to defend her honor?" Maybelle pursed her lips and then pulled them back in a smug sneer. "Isn't that her husband's job?"

"Listen you filthy minded old bat. When you start spreading your filth about me and those close to me I take it personally." Sam leaned closer and stared her down. "It will stop. You have no reason or right to imply to anyone that we are having an affair."

"Sure I do. I know you're banging her. I mean, come on, it takes you an hour to eat lunch. And that ring on her finger, I would bet this house that you gave it to her. Besides you can't stop me from thinking whatever I want."

"No, I don't guess I can." Sam crossed his arms and shook his head in pity. "You really are that pathetic aren't you? You can't get a man, so you busy yourself with making everyone else's life hell."

Maybelle face turned a blotchy red, her eyes widened to unnatural proportions. "You, you, you..."

"I what? Everyone knows you are just a dried up old maid, too fat to attract a man now. Is that why you like to make up sex stories about people? You never got any, so you're so damn horny you think everyone else is going at it?"

"You have no right to speak to me this way Sam Jackson. No right at all." Her expansive body shook with fury and she pointed her finger in his face.

"I guess I do. What's the matter, can't take it when someone else dishes some your own back at you?" Sam smiled smugly. "Just remember that's just what I'll tell anyone that I hear talking or asking about me and Cathryn."

Maybelle watched his retreating back as he strode back to his truck. She couldn't believe that little shit was threatening her. Threatening her! And those nasty things he said. She just couldn't believe that anyone could be so mean. Just because he let his dick lead him to trouble and she figured it out. If she hadn't figured it out someone else would have. And that wouldn't be right. As the James's neighbor it was her duty to bring the issue to light first.

Satisfaction weighed heavy in Sam's stomach. He hated that he let her goat him to threats. That he let himself sink to her level. Denying their relationship was fine now, but God won't she be so superior when Cathryn leaves Kent for him. Facing her will be unbearable.

Maybe it was just time to do it, time for Cathryn to leave him. Screw saving up the money, just do what they want and be together. He knew that Cathryn would leave him right now if he gave her the go ahead. And she was so miserable. He couldn't stand to see her that unhappy.

Yeah he would just call and tell her that he was ready whenever she was.

*****

It was nine o'clock when Kent got home that night. As soon as he got home he started hauling hay. He was looking forward to a hot shower and possibly a warm meal, if Cathryn cooked him anything. He was vaguely puzzled to see her garage door open. Her car was inside so he figured she just forgot to put it down.

He walked by the car and never noticed the bags and boxes sitting inside. He was even more puzzled when he walked in the house and noticed that there wasn't a light on anywhere. After taking off his shoes he walked down the hallway and looked in the living room to see if she was already asleep.

Cathryn flipped the lamp on beside her when she saw Kent's form in the doorway. For months she had waited for this exact moment. For months she had planned it out in her mind. She was ready for the confrontation and welcomed it.

"Hello Kent." She said quietly.

"Hey, is there anything for supper?"

"No."

"Why are you sitting in the dark?" A ball of dread settled in the pit of his stomach, though he was unsure of what he was dreading.

"I was waiting for you. We need to talk." Cathryn motioned for him to sit before she continued. "I'm sure that lately you can tell we haven't been getting along the greatest in the world."

"Yeah, I noticed. Kind of hard not to notice."

"I think it's time of address this." For the first time Kent noticed the keys in her hand. The blood started to pound in his head and he could hear Cathryn expel a long breath before continuing. "I'm not happy Kent. I'm not happy in this marriage."

"We can fix it." Kent started to move towards her but she put up the hand to ward him off. "Cathryn we're just having a rough spot. Whatever I've done wrong, I'll change it."

A small smile passed over her face and Cathryn shook her head. "It's nothing you did. I just don't love you the way I should. The way you need. I'm leaving and I will be filing for divorce."

"What about counseling? Don't give up on us without trying."

"Kent there isn't anything there to work on. I'm leaving. There's somebody else. I love him."

The hurt was stamped plan at day on Kent's broad face. Tears welled up in his eyes and he tried desperately to blink them back. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. His wife was leaving him. Leaving him for another man. "Who?"

"That's not important." Cathryn stood up. "I'll be staying with Lizy for the meantime. I'll be back to get my stuff later."

"It's Sam isn't it?" The words came rushing from his lips before he could stop them.

There was a sadness in her eyes when she turned back to look at him. "Yes. Don't do anything rash. Don't hurt him, he's your cousin. He didn't do it to spite you. Neither did I. We did it because we love each other."

Kent was torn between hurt and anger. The anger seemed like the better choice to express at the moment. "You love each other. I thought we loved each other! You think I'm just going to let you walk out of here, just like that after dropping this little bombshell!"

"That's exactly what I expect. You can't keep me here Kent. It's over. This farce of a marriage of ours will finally come to an end. We aren't meant to be."

Grabbing her arm Kent stopped her from striding out of the living room. "You said your piece now I get to say mine." Kent yanked her towards the couch and pushed her down. "Sit down and listen."

Fury swept through Cathryn's body like a run away grass fire. "Don't you ever grab at me like that again, don't ever manhandle me again."

When she tried to stand he shoved her down again. "You think I'm just going to stand back and let you divorce me for Sam. You've probably been fucking him too!"

"You are going to stand back and let me divorce you. I've already contacted a lawyer. And yes I have been fucking Sam. Every week, in this house, in my bed, since May, you shouldn't be so surprised." Cathryn absently rubbed her shoulder where his hand connected. Undeterred she moved to stand again.

"You are nothing but a slut." Kent saw her moving again. Like lightning his hand shot out and connected with her cheek. The back hand sent her sprawling back on the couch. Kent stared down at his hand, somewhere in is mind though the red haze of anger he knew he hit her. But it didn't seem real.

"How dare you!" She screamed at him.

Cathryn could taste her own blood from the split lip. The whole side of her head throbbed like a bitch in heat. Using every ounce of strength she had she dashed off the couch and for the door. She made it as far as the kitchen doorway before Kent lunged and caught her ankle. They both crashed hard on the ceramic tiles.

"No you don't! You're not getting away from me! You're mine! You took vows."

"Let go of me Kent!" Cathryn struggled to get out of his grip.

Holding her ankle Kent tried to drag her closer to him. "No! You are my wife. You're not leaving! It was death do we part! Not because you want my fucking cousin!"

Fighting for her life Cathryn kicked out and heard Kent's yelp of pain when her boot connected to his chin. It loosened his grip enough for her to slip free. Fear coursed through her veins as she scrambled up. Desperation made her grab the butcher's knife on her flight through the kitchen.

"I don't think so. You can't get away that easy." Kent was already waiting at the other doorway leading out of the kitchen. His eyes glittered with a temporary madness as he reached out for her. A howl of pain escaped him as the knife raked down his arm.

"Kent move out of my way. Just let me go." Cathryn held the bloody knife in front of her, part weapon, part shield.

The madness started to drain slowly from his brown eyes. It was replaced by a somewhat saner anger. He too could taste his own blood and could tell that she had knocked out one or more of his teeth. The side of Cathryn's face was already starting to bloom wild colors of blues, violets, and black. It was impossible for him to believe he had done that.

Cathryn could see him reach for her again in the lamp glow from the living room. Panicked she brought the knife down in his forearm. There was a sickening wet sucking sound as she pulled the knife back out accompanied by Kent's scream.

"Don't touch me!" Cathryn shouted and bolted past him to the garage. This time he didn't follow.

Her fingers wouldn't work. The keys hit the floorboard for the third time and she cursed her clumsiness. Finally she managed to get the keys in the ignition. With a squeal of tires Cathryn back out of the garage and away from Kent.

Never did she imagine Kent would react like that. She expected him to be hurt and angry. A good shouting match would have been welcome. If he wanted to just yell at her, she would have taken it. Cathryn figured she deserved it. But when he laid his hands on her, it was too much. He meant to kill her then she knew.

Her tears felt cool on her bruised cheek as she drove in the darkness to Lizy's. When she got there she would have to call and warn Sam. Warn him that Kent is far from rational and to stay away from him until he cooled off. Absently she wiped at her bloodied lip but only managed to transfer Kent's blood from her hand to her face.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • A Family Affair Ch. 06

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 23 milliseconds