• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Because of the Night Ch. 12

Because of the Night Ch. 12

With the warmth of Taylor wrapped around his side, protecting his bruises and scrapes, Leif looked over Taylor committing every inch of naked flesh against him.

He found her absolutely fascinating. He had regretfully not bothered actually taking every moment to assess her entirely, but now here, unable to sleep, he took his pleasure as the dim light washed over the both of them.

Leif reached over with a forefinger softly tracing her fingers then down her delicate neck to the little hollows that he had discovered were key to driving her mad with passion. Softly he traced these watching her shift in her sleep against him, a smile on her lips.

Leif hesitated, surged with a temporary desire. He gave in, brushing her lips softly with his, drinking her in. He rested his forehead against hers, pausing trying to push away the multitude of interesting ways Leif was imagining waking her at this very instant. Without a doubt as his eyes finished tracing her body and burning it into his mind's eye, Taylor was a beautiful woman who seemed to be selfless but also had been his saving grace since she had filled his company every day for the past weeks.

She opened her eyes and reached up to stroke his temple. There in that moment with their eyes searching the other's soul, shortcomings, age old haunts and all the questions in the world no longer mattered. Though Leif would need permission from Sir Glen for everything else involving Taylor, he could never take back this simple moment, nor possibly understand the honesty they both were searching for within themselves and for the other.

Taylor rested her head on Leif's shoulder, not closing her eyes until she was sure he was asleep. Listening to his breathing calmed Taylor, and before both of them knew it, the next day had crept up on both of them.

It was later that evening, after dinner that Sir Glen and Leif were talking about some mild issues outside of the conclave. Sir Glen idly stroked Laurie's back suddenly in a quiet moment.

"Laurie, Taylor, leave us." He said startling both women. Though he was obeyed, both lingered, looking to Leif's puzzled response.

When they were gone, Sir Glen thumped his cane.

"You need to know something about Taylor." He intoned seriously. Leif looked up to Sir Glen.

"Firstly, Taylor is not my free companion. Officially, she belongs to Sir Marcus." And so Sir Glen began to tell Leif, who had clearly been just taken aback by Sir Glen's announcement, of how Taylor came to Sir Glen.

Sir Glen had Laurie following him closely inspecting the companions at Sir Marcus's conclave. It was early spring and they had a moment to visit their closest friend.

"Sir Marcus, you've outdone yourself as usual. You are going to be some rival to me in years to come." Sir Glen's cane came down at the very end. And Sir Marcus waved the companions away back into their hall.

"That is quite a compliment from you Sir Glen, but I think I have one that might benefit from your expertise."

"I came across her by accident Sir Glen. She needs more attention than I can give her, I have a full plate currently Sir Glen. I know most of your companions are those that are in your care from other companions and masters in the area, I was hoping you might see your way into helping her."

Sir Glen shook his head. "I am not quite interested in taking another raw companion currently Sir Marcus."

Marcus played his ace and announced, "She was Sir Colin's. Lord Xavier placed her in my care Sir Glen."

"I thought I'd never hear that man's name again." Sir Glen suppressed a snarl. "How bad was she?"

"Actually, much to everyone's relief she's been untouched. She was in Sir Colin's care only three weeks before Lord Xavier dissolved Sir Colin's conclave."

"Just long enough for his scarring." It came as a regretful sigh. Sir Colin's carelessness would cost them all years of trouble with the companions that needed special attention.

"I am afraid so Sir Glen. I know you didn't want to take on anymore of Sir Colin's mistakes, but I hope you'll at least talk to her." Sir Marcus was candid with his closest and most trusted confidant.

"I'll speak with her and advise you, but I make no promises." Acquiesced Sir Glen.

"That is the least I can ask for Sir Glen." And the small group went into Sir Marcus's sitting room. Unlike Sir Glen's more traditional conclave, Sir Marcus's rooms were light and airy with no hint to the dungeons or other assorted rooms that Sir Marcus housed. As a result, his conclave often attracted the most select circles of female companions.

Sir Marcus excused himself and brought in the companion he had spoke of. Laurie looked up at her for a moment at the companion entered. Had Sir Marcus not had her clad in all white, she might have easily been mistaken for his shadow. The girl looked frightened beyond belief, trying hard not to leave the protection that Sir Marcus' body provided.

A whisper from Sir Marcus drew the girl's trembling hands into small fists, but they relaxed once in front of Sir Glen.

"I'll leave you be Sir Glen. If you need anything, Taylor will know how to find me." And with a wink, he exited the room, closing the doors behind him.

"Taylor, do you know who I am?" began Sir Glen softly. She shook her head quietly.

"I am Sir Glen, and this is my free companion, Laurie." He rested his hand on Laurie's shoulder.

"Hello." She stammered, Laurie could see Taylor still trembled.

"Come, join us and we can talk." Taylor followed Sir Glen's hand to sit in front of him, and she followed with some initial hesitation.

"I won't go into detail of our conversation Leif. A private conversation best left just that. Taylor came with me, mostly to heal, but mostly to grow." Finished Sir Glen. "I've done as much as I was willing with Taylor, and Sir Marcus is forever grateful for the help I've been able to provide. As I'm sure you know what Sir Colin was like, I'll spare you the details. Believe me when I tell you, there was a time when Sir Colin was the best and most heralded conclave holder."

Leif's face was drawn as the shadows from the fireplace danced across the room. -Indeed, those days have been long behind Sir Colin.-

"And what has Sir Marcus said?" asked Leif after a moment, leaning forward towards Sir Glen.

"He's said nothing, but I thought you should know. I do not know what he has in mind for her, but I would strongly suggest that you speak with him tomorrow... that is if you are willing to take further responsibility for her."

"Thank you Sir Glen." Leif stood up and turned to leave.

"Leif, one more thing." Leif stopped and looked back at the high back chair that held Sir Glen.

"One thing about Sir Marcus. He is unusually silent, but if there was something he truly did not want to see you and Taylor at all, he would have told me."

Leif nodded. "May I take Taylor with me to Sir Marcus tomorrow?" he asked the chair.

"You may." And Sir Glen turned, peaking around his chair to look up to Mr. Leif. "Would you please send Laurie in to me."

"As you wish Sir Glen." And with a wink, Leif left in search of Laurie for Sir Glen.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Because of the Night Ch. 12

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds