• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Money Ch. 05

Money Ch. 05

Turn on your television. What do you see?

Actors, news reporters, talk show hosts, game show hosts, celebrities, athletes?

"Did you notice that look they all have?"

I'll give you a minute to take another gander at those people on your television screen. Go ahead take your time and look closer at them. Switch back and forth from Oprah to General Hospital to the ballgame to the judges and host of American Idol. They've all got the look and it's all the same.

"Did you see it?"

It's that assured confidence that one gets when they know that they don't have to worry about affording food, shelter, clothing, and/or anything else for that matter, other than how to have a good time, in their case, an understatement, hence, the look. Set for life, they have plenty of money and can afford people, an entourage, to take care of their every need. They all have the look, the look of money.

"Did you see Mariah Carey on American Idol the other night?"

She had the look. Okay, granted, I had a hard time looking higher than her inflatable boobs, but she's loaded with more dough than she is with Silicone. She's got the look in spades. She's a Diva.

"They all got it. They all got money."

Either you got it or you don't got it. Either you have it or you don't have it. From the time of early man, there have been the haves and the have nots. Unfortunately, it is such a small proportion of our population who has that kind of money, yet, to us, that is all that we see because there it is in front of us and on our televisions. We are blinded by the colored light of out analog and digital television sets by celebrities we emulate, but will never meet.

After a while, after watching television for years, and after tired of being a have not, we feel entitled. We feel cheated. We believe that we should live the life of those who flaunt their designer gowns, diamond rings, and expensive cars. After a while, living vicariously through those personalities who we see on television is a better option that the life we have at home. Finally, we accept our lot and life and take it for what it is, entertainment.
Unfortunately, none of us can have that look, that swagger, and that nonchalant, carefree attitude if you don't have money, a lot of money. Money, money, money, it's all about the money. Those of you who are strong, those of you who dance to your own imagined music, and those of you who don't mind having nothing don't need money, money, money. That's what it's all about, Honey, money.

"Yes, believe it or not, there are those people who have a higher calling."

Be it helping people, improving themselves and/or finding God, their thoughts are not wasted with wishing they had more money. They already have found their secret to happiness and joy. They don't need any more money than they have already to live their lives and revel in their purpose. They are the lucky ones. They are the minority. The rest of us want money and more money. We are the supporters of the saying that 'you can't be too rich.'

"Show me the money," said Cuba Gooding, Jr. playing Rod Tidwell to Tom Cruise who played Jerry Maguire.

Speaking of show me the money, every Saturday and Sunday the Catholic Church's faithful routinely pass around the collection plates. When you think about it, how rude is that? I mean, there you are praying to your God and the long arm of a mortal man holding a basket on a pole is expecting your money for the privilege of praying to your God in God's house.

The Catholic Church is the worst offender when it comes to asking for, hording, and grubbing for money. Dante Alighieri wrote about the greedy, money grubbing Popes burning in Hell for all of eternity when he wrote his Divine Comedy poem, Dante's Inferno with Virgil guiding Dante through the nine circles of Hell, with each saved for the gradual wickedness of those condemned to Hell. The Popes command the eighth circle of Hell, just about Satan who is condemned to the ninth circle. Dante's poem gives the readers his thoughts about the Catholic Church and after seven hundred years, nothing has change. God save us from these men.

I'm Catholic, but I'm not so blinded by the light of God that I don't see these mortal men for who they are. I'm ashamed by their double standard asking the poor to give but then living life as royalty.

The Catholic Church cries poverty and yet they have a city of gold, Vatican City. They ought to be ashamed taking pennies from those who can ill afford to give it when they feather their nests in the longest run scam in the world with their non-profit religion. If you go to Rome, you don't see priest studying the bible, you see Bishops and Cardinals analyzing the stock market and buying real estate.

You just have to take a walk about your neighborhood, especially those of you who live in the Northeast, to see that the Catholic Church owns some premium property and pays no taxes. Behind closed doors, locked gates, and manicured lawns they conduct their religion too much like the business that it is.

Harvard University is a school rich with endowments, but Harvard pales in comparison to the monies that reside in secret accounts in Switzerland under the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Shame on them, shame on the Pope, and shame on his Cardinals and shame on his Bishops, they all ought to be ashamed. Money means more to them than religion, than God, and especially more than you.

What ever happened to the vow of poverty that the priests took? Every priest that I know drives a brand new Buick, lives in a beautiful rectory, has plenty of food and booze, and has a cook and a housekeeper to boot. Are you kidding me? I want to be poor like that, Hail Mary, glory to the Almighty, Amen, take me; I'm ready to give my life to God.

"By the way, what are we having for dinner tonight?"

"I've prepared roast lamb with a nice Burgundy wine, for you, Father."

"Marvelous."

The Bishops and the Cardinals live like Kings. No cost is spared for their lifestyles. It's a disgrace. Their furnishings are lavish and their furniture is custom made. They live luxuriously. I want their lifestyle. Besides, I look good in red.

These holier than thou guys, Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, and Priests are no better than, gulp, public servants.

Now, to me, servants who help the public are those who don't expect anything in return. Right? Wrong! When I think of a servant, albeit a public servant, I think of someone who is subservient to me, someone who is solicitous of me, and someone who is lower than me in status. Oddly enough, I sound more like the definition of a public servant than does my public servant.

How can a politician, pardon me, a public service take office as an ordinary man, a lawyer, perhaps, making a good living, and finish his career in public service a very wealthy man? I don't get it. I thought these guys were more interested in serving the public than serving themselves to money. Am I naïve?

To be continued...

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Money Ch. 05

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 160 milliseconds