• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • A Love Letter

A Love Letter

"I was swept away, with nothing left to say, some helpless fool; I was lost." The music blared across the room, carrying with it an ache of fond remembrance. The room was paneled in azure hues; bed, curtains, pictures and even the walls hinted of blue in all of it's shades. Even the look in his eyes was reminiscent of blue.

His fingers danced across the keyboard with a rhythm that matched his swiftly beating heart; matching his thoughts. Was he saying the right words; spelling them out correctly; showing one's thoughts and heart is always a chancy thing. Usually for him it feels as if he is playing a game; one wrong word could end it. Too much love could push the One away while too little would starve both him and the One Love's breath. He inhaled sharply as his eyes caressed his written words, wishing with his entire being that his fingers could touch the One's throat, cheek, hand. He felt his mind swim...with memory.

"I love you," whispered hesitantly in the barely lit room. Her shape, smooth like a ripple of a wave, not quite touching him. His heart, he knew at that moment, would be forever changed. His eyes focused on what his fingers were doing, caressing her neck and cheek, willing her to understand the depth of feeling he had for her. Wishing he could transfer to her how much he loved her.

Change. What is love? he considers now. Loving another means being willing to change those things within and without ourselves, to accept love over pain. For Her he was willing to change. Poetry was the smoke-filled air that made his chest ache; velvet were the sheets that could not house enough warmth on the chilled night but, somehow, were more than enough to make his arms slick with the slightest sheen of sweat. The girders that made him were not undone by Her but by his willingness to accept the healing Love could gift. Such is the essence of all creation. These are the rules.

The shifting from one song to another brought him to the present smoothly; the memory brought both pain and acceptance. A strange mixture to cause peace. Back to the purpose, he demanded himself. He was to write a letter to Her. So far from him; three hours drive was an eternity and a breath to lovers. He needed her and wanted her to understand.

So he writes,

"Dear xxxxx.." No, not correct, he rewrites.

"Dear xxxxxxx,

Our time together was too sweet for my memories; I feel them, like in those silly romance movies we never watched together, filled with background music. Yes, I can actually remember our times together as if floating in a song..."

He pauses a long moment, knowing that while the music he speaks of could be contained in a song by Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Matthews Band or even Simon and Garfunkel, it would be inappropriate. Love is a song to him.

"Our time together showed me so much about myself. I realized that my own self esteem was as much an issue as yours; I was confident in myself a year ago. Strangely, realizing that, makes me feel ready to feel it again. Thank you xxxx."

He shivers with the need to feel her head tucked beneath his shoulder again, her hand on his chest and her thigh wrapped across his legs. How close she kept him. But he will not write these things.

"I realize more with each breath..." No, again he has mistaken.

"I grow with each second away from you. You planted a seed in me with your acceptance and love. Even when you spoke of my flaws, what I was not enough to you, the seeds were planted. I wonder what luck there is that I know someone who is willing to learn to love me; I wonder what I have done Right to find you after all these months of misunderstanding and pain."

He does not add his fears and doubts; does not voice the remnants of self-doubt. They had talked about that. "You're right. We should be open about what our hearts need. I don't think I can be one person's property but I think that I can give myself to one person if he is open and willing to be open with me." The words he remembered were not exact but were enough to break his pall of worry. She would be open with him now, as he would with her. Communication; the first goal.

"I don't know what else to say except; I will look forward to each moment that passes for I know that each past moment brings me closer to you."

And he signed it.

"Your Love..."

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • A Love Letter

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 449 milliseconds