• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Enter Sandman Ch. 08

Enter Sandman Ch. 08

I came home to an empty house. I was worried as it was quiet... a little too quiet. I sensed straight away that our dog wasn't around. I did a quick sweep of the house and everything seemed normal until I went upstairs.

As I entered the master bedroom I saw open cupboards and clothes missing. A quick check of the bathroom confirmed all Kelly's things were gone from there as well. Damn... I missed my dog! I could replace a wife.

I went downstairs again and did a more thorough search room by room. The envelope was in the kitchen. I grabbed a beer and figured I better read the note from Kelly. I figured she must have known the jig was up. But I was the one in for a surprise when I read the note.

Darling

Sorry for not being home. I had to attend an urgent business meeting and will be back on Friday. Buddy is with your parents as they dropped by yesterday to see us. I'll try and call you soon.

Love

Kelly

What the hell did these people take me for, I mean an untrained monkey could have figured out she was with Sandman. To confirm what I all ready knew I called the police station and asked for Detective Sands. I was told Detective Sands was on vacation for 2 weeks. Well that answered that but was I assuming too much? When I was in the Army I remember being told never to assume as it makes an ass out of you and me.

With that thought I placed a call to the Peterson residence and asked to speak with Peterson Sr.. To my surprise he actually came to the phone.

"What do you want trailer trash, you got the report didn't you!"

"Yeah thanks Peterson even though it was a week late"

He then proceeded to ask me why I was wasting his time. I told him I was trying to track down my wife Kelly Easton. He laughed and asked me how my marriage was going? After that he told me she was at an important business meeting with Brett White the temporary CEO representing Peterson Corporation interests. I thanked him for the information. The old bastard couldn't get off the phone without a parting shot.

"No doubt White is giving her the bedroom tour right about now"

So I thought to myself for once Kelly has told me the truth. The scarier thought was where had Sandman disappeared to? I would get my answer the very next morning.

I woke up knowing I had to get things moving with a lawyer. I was sick of this charade, I was going to divorce Kelly and get on with my life. Let Sandman have the Bates clan, I didn't want any more part of this sick game. I was really a fool that should have walked away earlier and been done with the lot of them. Now there was no time like the present!

With everything going on I had yet to really analyze and finalize my feelings about Kelly.

Her actions had destroyed any future we had together. I really had loved her but it was obvious her heart was only with Sandman. Deep down I knew I wanted revenge and for her to hurt for using me.

I wanted to hurt Sandman as well as our friendship had meant everything to me at one time. But I would rather get out with my sanity than continue this dangerous cat and mouse game.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my mobile ringing. It was Kelly I let it go to voicemail I didn't have the resolve to hide my contempt for her at the moment. I had a shower, grabbed a coffee and left for work.

I got into work at 8am and went about my daily duties. At 9am I made a call to a lawyer and set up an appointment that afternoon. I then cleared out the bank accounts...I wanted all my assets liquid and on me. I settled for a bank cheque and walking around cash. At 10am my life changed again.

A courier was standing outside my office and my secretary was signing for a package. I took the package and thought I'd worry about it later but the writing looked vaguely familiar. My curiosity was peaked so I opened the package, what was inside made my blood run cold.

The package contained a videotape and 2 pieces of folded paper. The first piece of paper said "I Know". The writing was brown, crusty and looked like it was written in blood. The second piece of paper was from the front page of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. In large bold face it said:

"Peterson Corporation CEO Found Dead"

It went on to say Doug Peterson CEO of Peterson Corporation was found dead on the beach. Police were treating the case as suspicious and likely foul play. Looking at the enclosed photo it was more than suspicious; Doug Peterson looked like he had been put through a grinder. I didn't bother looking at the videotape because I knew what was on it...Doug Peterson's 'confession'.

It's funny how a mind works at a time of sheer terror. My military training kicked in and I clearly knew what I needed to do. I got up, ignored my secretary's query, went downstairs and jumped in my car. I knew three things firstly Doug Peterson had 'confessed' everything to Sandman, secondly Sandman showed me there was nowhere on earth I could hide from him, although I had to admit Hawaii was the stupidest place on earth Doug could have gone and thirdly Sandman was going to kill me for messing with his plans.

I drove straight out of the city and my answer came to me. I had kept in contact with my old sergeant; he had recently retired from the Army History Unit and had a beach house a couple of hours away. I pushed my vehicle to its limits and made it to Sgt Moses place in quick time.

I didn't want to involve anyone else but I had no choice. I had to talk to Brian Moses as he was a man who had connections and could organize a new identity. I had decided it was time for Roger Easton to die but on my terms!

Brian Moses was working when I got there. That is working on his tan. Brian gave me a wave and I waved back. I couldn't smile because I was hating myself for what I was about to do to Brian and involve him in this huge mess.

"LT what the hell are you doin' in this neck of the woods?"

"Hey Brian I wish I could say to check out the beach but I desperately need your help"

Brian was a great sergeant but a better friend. He took to me to his house and we sat down and talked. I said I needed to disappear and needed a new identity and I couldn't answer any questions as it wasn't safe. Brian looked at me and nodded his head as he knew I wasn't prone to exaggeration. Brian got up and made a call. He then took me downstairs Brian had always been a pretty good amateur photographer and after I changed my look as much as I could, he took some headshots.

With that done we went upstairs and had something to eat. We made some small talk and generally avoided the main topic of conversation. About an hour later a guy turned up at Brian's door and as he took the camera, he reminded the guy it was a rush job.

Brian put me up for the night and I tried to relax. So many thoughts were going through my head. I had to admit my mind drifted to Kelly and I kicked myself but I was concerned for her safety. I did something I hope I wouldn't regret. I called Kelly who answered pretty much straight away.

"Kelly listen to me. Get your stuff and leave the hotel right now. Don't go home and don't go to your parents or mine"

Kelly laughed "Roger...what the hell are you on about, are you drunk?"

"No Kelly, I'm not. Keep away from Sandman and run for your life"

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Kelly, I know everything about your past and I know the baby is Sandman's and remember he isn't what he seems or used to be. You've been warned"

"Roger wa......"

I hung up and smashed my phone into pieces. I didn't want a return phone call or any way for me to be tracked by Sandman or Kelly. I was a little worried for my folks but I didn't think he would go after them. Sandman was after me, Kelly and the General and in that order I figured.

I had a few drinks with Brian and then went to bed. I awoke early next morning and had breakfast with Brian. Halfway through breakfast there was a knock at the door and the same guy from yesterday was standing on the deck. I parted with $10,000 and I now had a new identity. I was now Justin Green. I had a new driver's license, credit cards, social security number and birth certificate. It was quality work and worth every cent.

I left my new identification materials hidden with Brian. He was going to get another vehicle for me. So I left enough money to cover a cheap 2nd hand vehicle. I would be back for it as soon as I could, but Roger Easton had to die first and soon.

To Be Continued...

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Enter Sandman Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 33 milliseconds