• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Black Man's Guide To Power

Black Man's Guide To Power

The name is Kurt Brands. A six-foot-one, lean and ruggedly handsome young Black man living near the city of Boston, Massachusetts. And I lead a life like no other. Let's walk through some of my finest moments, shall we? I guarantee it shall be worth your while. There is so much fun to be had when you're young, handsome and wealthy. And fun is exactly what this tale is about. I should also add that I'm one of those rare people blessedly born without the ability to feel remorse.

Life has always been good to the fortunate. My parents, Keith and Alexandra Brands are a wealthy African-American couple living in a mansion down in Milton. My dad is half Black and half Irish, on his mother's side. My mother Alexandra Rodriguez Brands is of African and Puerto Rican descent. I guess you could say I'm from an ethnically diverse household. Dad makes his living defending rich people from the criminal justice system when they cross the line. And they pay him handsomely to keep their freedom and their reputations intact. Mom is a professor of Literature at Brandeis University. They're simple people, really. They've got no idea what they've unleashed upon the world.

These days, I attend Claude Black University, the only historically Black private school in the state of Massachusetts. It's named after Claude William Black Jr. the legendary civil rights leader from Atlanta, Georgia. My parents weren't thrilled that I wanted to attend CBU. They wanted me to attend Boston College or Northeastern University. Fat chance of that happening. I've been going to white schools my entire life. My old high school, Milton High School was the whitest of them all. I didn't want this sort of experience in college. Besides, I wanted to be around my own people for a change. After much deliberation, my parents relented. My dad came to see the wisdom of my decision. CBU costs eight grand a year for in-state students, and that's including room and board. I saved my parents a lot of money by going there.

Let me walk you through the school which was destined to become my little kingdom. Founded in 1979, Claude Black University had recently celebrated its thirty-year anniversary. The school is comprised of twenty two buildings on the two-hundred-acre campus located in Charlestown. Demographically speaking, the school was promising. Nine thousand students. Fifty three percent of whom were of African-American descent. Asians and Latinos made up twenty four percent of the student population. The campus was promising in another way. Fifty two percent of the student body was male. I found that to be quite nice. Especially since male students are now the only true minorities on college and university campuses across the United States of America. What really fascinated me was the sports teams. I thought Harvard University, Boston College and UMass-Amherst were the athletic powerhouses of New England. Then I discovered Claude Black University and it blew me away.

The Claude Black University Department of Athletics sponsors Men's Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Track & Field, Ice Hockey, Wrestling, Golf, Tennis, Lacrosse, Rugby, Gymnastics, Football, Swimming, Bowling, Rifle, Pistol, Fencing, Water Polo, Skiing, Volleyball, Soccer and Rowing along with Women's Softball, Basketball, Cross Country, Track & Field, Ice Hockey, Wrestling, Golf, Tennis, Lacrosse, Rugby, Equestrian, Archery, Gymnastics, Field Hockey, Swimming, Bowling, Rifle, Pistol, Fencing, Water Polo, Skiing, Volleyball, Soccer and Rowing. All of our teams compete in the NCAA Division Two. All except the men's and women's Ice Hockey teams, which compete in the NCAA Division One. Currently, there's no Division Two for Ice Hockey in American intercollegiate athletics. The Ice Hockey, Golf, Equestrian, Fencing and Water Polo teams were added in an effort to diversify the student body. As in make the few white students feel more comfortable. The Claude Black University administration thought of everything. Aren't they generous?

Yeah, I was fascinated by the school. I liked to mingle with my true peers, other young Black men and women from well-to-do families. Some of them caught my eye. Like Matthew Hark and Jessica Doherty. Who is Jessica Doherty? A five-foot-ten, curvy and deliciously big-bottomed young Black woman with a very pretty face and a dazzling smile. She was in my accounting class. I asked around and it seemed that my initial impression of her was right. Jessica was royalty. Her father was Devon Doherty, the prominent African-American author, former college president, multi-millionaire and current State Senator from my district. He was a rising star in the Massachusetts State Senate. Word is he's considering a run for the Governor's Office, on the Republican docket. Well, I guess Governor Patrick will have some competition.

I ran into Jessica a few times, but she doesn't seem to be too into me. Too many good-looking young Black men for a sister to choose from. When I look at her, I see dollar signs. Not to mention pedigree. Her parents have been seen hanging out with the likes of the Obama family, Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith. It's not just that she's the daughter of a wealthy Black family. It's the fact that she's well-bred, mannered and connected. I need a woman like that if I am to rise in the world. My folks have money but they're not too keen on giving it to me. They expect me to work for a living. I will do what I can to get ahead. I approached Jessica at a campus party one night. She was surrounded by her clique of friends, a group of pretty young Black women. Many young men would have been intimidated, but social anxiety isn't something I feel. I approached her confidently and introduced myself as Kurt Brands. She looked me up and down, smiled and shook my hand. Doubtless she was scanning me just as I was scanning her. I know how to use my looks, presence and demeanor to impress people. It's all about approach. I could tell that Jessica liked what she saw. For the rest of the night, I made sure she was entertained, and thrilled. By the end of the evening, she was hanging onto my every word. I got her digits, email address and most importantly, her attention.

Jessica Doherty was very promising. She could be of great use to me. I made sure to get some dirt on her. This gorgeous Black American Princess is into illegal drag racing. She's a racer, not a spectator. Interesting. I guess she has an appetite for danger. That can be managed. However, I don't believe in putting all of my eggs in one basket. Matthew Hark is this other guy I met in one of my classes. He's a big and tall, brawny young man of mixed German and African-American descent. He graduated from Boston College High School last year and opted for Claude Black University rather than Northeastern like his parents wanted. He plays football for the school. We forged an immediate connection on that rainy first day of school, when I gave him a ride to the student center in my red Mercedes convertible. Here we were, two young Black men from prestigious families at a historically black school. We had a lot in common. Both of us attended white schools and lived in white towns. Matthew Hark lived in Plymouth, the whitest city in Massachusetts. Even the asphalt is white down there, apparently.

When Matthew looks at me, he sees a peer and the brother he never had. When I look at him, I see a fool whom I can wrap around my little finger. Matthew is quite naïve. However, he's big and strong, and quite trusting. He does seem to believe everything I tell him. And he has a lot of friends around campus. Especially among the jocks. He will be very useful as my henchman. Lord knows he's got the brawn for it. I did some research on him, of course. Matthew is a nice guy and he's quite shy around the ladies. Maybe going to an all-male high school had something to do with it. He came from an okay family, though. His father, Leonard Hark was a state police officer. His mother Hannah Goldberg Hark was the Director of XZ, one of America's top pharmaceutical companies. She was basically in charge of the New England branch. Impressive. It looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I intend to amass wealth, power and influence in my lifetime. I've got a queen and a knight on my board. And lord knows I've got pawns.

Claude Black University is a tough place but I've always enjoyed a challenge, folks. While a student at Milton High School, I became the first Black male class president in school history. How did I do it? By destroying my competition. Who were my rivals? Anne Winston, a plump blonde chick from a rich English family and Samuel Chang, your prototypical gifted Asian nerd. They were both more famous and had more money than I did. My dad made four hundred grand after taxes last year but he's always been a cheap guy. Why else do you think he sent me to public school? I had to rely on my own wits to get rid of my competition. I looked for dirt on them. Anne Winston was a smart chick. She was well-liked by her peers but the chubby blonde never had a boyfriend. She often walked around with a tall and very pretty Black chick named Eileen Brown, from the women's soccer squad. Supposedly, they were only friends. I followed them around with my trusty camera, and soon my suspicions paid off. I caught Anne and Eileen making out one day near the field house. How about that? It seemed that the plump blonde chick from England had jungle fever. And who better to help her out than her tall and sexy Black female friend?

I anonymously emailed Anne the pictures and told her that unless she wanted them plastered all over Facebook and MySpace, she had to drop out of the race. I Lo and behold, the next day she did exactly that. I guess Miss Blonde Ambition realized her secretive social life was more important than a class election. I moved onto Samuel Chang. He was a straight-laced and hard-working guy. His father, James Chang owned House of Chang, a chain of Chinese restaurants with forty two locations in New England. Yeah, the Asian nerd was the son of a millionaire. He also had quite the work ethic. His parents sent him to public school because they didn't want him to get spoiled.

His parents plan was ingenious. It worked extremely well to mold him into an academic superstar. He aced all of his classes. He was on the chess team and the tennis club. He was also president of the computer science club. He'd gotten early acceptance letters from Boston University, Northeastern University and Princeton University but he was holding out for Harvard. I guess he wanted to go crimson. He did, but not the way he wanted. One day, marijuana was found in Samuel Chang's locker. The incident was suppressed, thanks to a bribe that went to the campus police officer who found it. Samuel Chang dropped out of the race. The incident never became public, and he did get to go to Harvard. I guess he lucked out in a way. As for me, I was the first Black male student at Milton High School to become class president. Life was good.

That was last year. Now, here I am at Claude Black University in Charlestown, Massachusetts. What am I going to do? What I've always done. Use my natural abilities to exploit the weaknesses of others and rise in the world. I am in the business administration program at my school and I intend to graduate valedictorian before pursuing my MBA at an Ivy League school. Then I'm going to take corporate America by storm. I see myself as the CEO of a Fortune 500 company someday. Why not? I'm smart. I'm ambitious. I'm ruthless. And I'm getting the necessary education. And by now you know for a fact that I won't hesitate to destroy anyone who gets in my way. I do welcome all challengers, though. It's going to be fun.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Non-Erotic
  • /
  • Black Man's Guide To Power

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 26 milliseconds