• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Joy, Pain, and All Between Ch. 03

Joy, Pain, and All Between Ch. 03

Skyler was in the midst of attempting her Spanish assignment. She was contemplating between asking Joel for help or just not doing. She couldn't afford not to do it.

Joel. Its Skyler. I was wondering if you were busy. If not could I get some help with the Spanish assignment? I don't know what I'm doing.

Skyler stared at the message before pressing the green send button. She might be incapable of holding a decent conversation with him, but she'd be damned if she couldn't send a test. Okay. No misspelled words…Send.

She went back to attempting the assignment and before long her phone lit up. It was a text from Joel. She self-consciously smoothed her hair and reached for the phone

Nah, Im not busy. I was just about to work on it. Do u just have a question, or need help with the whole thing?

She replied, Im lost and have no clue wat-so-ever what Im doin.

K. Where do u live?

Skyler looked around at her messy apartment. The couch pillows were in disarray and dirty dishes were in the sink. Lacey's underwear were lying in the corner and the owner was still in bed with her latest boy toy.

Umm…how bout we meet at the library? There was no way she would let him see her apartment in such a fashion. He would think she was a pig. AND there was no way she was going to his place. She didn't know if she was ready for that.

I mean, yea…the library would be cool and all but it closes soon. We would have to rush and do it, and I don't like to rush. I wanna take my time and do it right. My place?

Skyler almost pissed herself. "Take his time and do it right? His place? Jeez…" she said to herself. K. That's fine. Where do u live?

He gave her the address and she went to her closet for something to wear. She didn't want it to look like she had actually put any thought into it, but she didn't want to look like a hag either. She settled on a pair of gray sweats and her yellow skinny tee. She grabbed her keys and purse, and walked slowly towards the door. She was going to stay calm, not say anything stupid, and keep her composure. There was no way this guy was going to get to her…she thought.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Skyler had never felt so stupid in her life. She was standing in Joel's apartment with him staring at her in amusement. She had left her book and notebook at home. She never ceased to look like an idiot in his presence.

"It's okay, Skyler. We can use my book. Let me go get it." he said and he disappeared down the hall. Skyler used this opportunity to look around. It was all neat and tidy, contraire to her and Lacey's apartment. She walked towards the wall where his TV hung and noticed the flawless photos on the wall. In one, there was a little girl with black hair and blue eyes. She was adorable in her white bonnet and yellow sundress. A boy who she could only assume was Joel, was holding her, positioning her on his hip. They were split images of each other. Deep blue eyes and a full upper lip. The only difference was their hair color. On the other side stood a boy with black hair and blinding blue eyes. He was slightly taller than Joel, but resembled him undoubtedly.

Skyler was still admiring the pictures when Joel came from the back room. He handed her the book and ushered her towards the coffee table, and they got down to business. Skyler thought he was doing a very good job explaining things to her. She decided to go out a whim and try to make friendly conversation.

"So, Mr. Sanders said that you tutored other people."

He looked at her and smiled. "I'm only tutoring one other one at the moment."

"What subject."

"Sex ed. I teach the basics, mainly just how to do it." he burst out laughing. Skyler didn't find it funny at all. She scoffed and turned away, trying to hide the red threatening to surface on her face. "Oh come on Skyler, loosen up." He studied her a moment longer before asking, "are you mad?" teasingly.

"Why would I be mad? I just thought that I came here to do Spanish, not hear about your sex habits."

"Your right, Skyler. Your right" he put his hands up as if to say he surrendered.

"How do you know so much about Spanish anyway? I mean, you're in the same class I am. You can't be that good."

"Well, I'll have you know that I took three Spanish's in high school AND I was a member of the Honors Spanish Society."

"Why? You plan on going to Spain, too?"

"No. It makes me popular to the mamacitas. And, that way I understand when a girl says 'damelo papi, me gusta por el culo' and whatnot." He figured Skyler didn't know what he was saying, and that made it that much more fun. Skyler didn't find it amusing at all.

She stared at him jadedly before asking "can we take a break?

"Sure," he replied, all the while still smiling. "You want something to drink?" he said while getting up and walking to the refrigerator.

"Yea, thanks." She watched him walk over to get the drinks. He was wearing a black beater and basketball shorts. She noticed the tattoo that was stretched across his upper back. 'WALKER' was spelled using all bold, black, capital letters. On each side of it was an anchor.

He walked back towards her and handed her a cold Pepsi, and damn if it wasn't good. She drank almost half of it on one intake. She put it down and looked to find him staring at her. Then she burped…loudly. She blushed and he burst out laughing, causing her to smile shyly. His laughter was cut short when he heard his phone ring. He answered and Skyler couldn't help but overhear the conversation. The girl on the other end had a high-pitched, annoying voice.

"What's up, Britt?"

"Nothing. You busy?"

"Not really. What did you have in mind?"

"I think you know."

"Yea. I do. Come on over. I should be done by the time you get here."

"Okay. See you then." Joel closed his phone and put it on the counter. "Are we almost done here?" he asked Skyler.

She looked up at him. "I guess we are. I don't want to come between you and your girlfriend" she spat out.

"Girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend."

"You don't have to lie to me Joel."

"I'm not lying. She's not my girlfriend. And even if she was that's my business."

Skyler stood and glared at him with evil eyes. "Whatever. We're done."

"Come on Skyler. You do know bitchiness isn't cute, right?"

"Fuck you!" Skyler said after throwing his book at him, sending the papers that were nestled inside flying. She grabbed her keys and stomped out.

Joel laughed to himself. He amazed himself: he knew exactly how to get under her skin. Not that it was a good thing, but it served as entertainment. Joel:2, Skyler:0.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Brittani showed up a few minutes after Skyler had left, and they had their usual fuck session. They had meet their first year of college and they clicked instantly. She was the cute red-head girl with the big boobs, and he was the cute blonde boy with the big ego. When he told her he didn't want to be in a relationship with her, she accepted it. She hoped that one day he would come to his senses, but they day had yet to come.

After sex, Joel collapsed on Brittani, not caring if he squished her. Then he rolled over and stared at the ceiling. Brittani trailed his jaw with kisses and played with his hair. He didn't have time for this shit. He got up and walked into the bathroom, threw away the used condom, and took a shower. He hoped she would get the hint and get the fuck out, but when he walked back into his room she was still there.

"Umm, Britt. It's getting kinda late, and I got stuff to do tomorrow, so…" he said rubbing the back of his head. Brittani looked at the clock. 7:34? She scoffed, got up, and put back on the little clothing she was wearing before. Joel walked over to the bed and ripped off his lime green and black sheets. They smelled of downy, heavy perfume, and sex. He tossed them into his 'dirty boy' clothes hamper.

He then walked into his kitchen and over to the counter to get his phone and called his brother, James. James was also his best friend. Joel was 21 and James was 23. The two were inseparable, but a lot different both inside and out. James had short black hair and bright blue eyes. He was tall and lanky, but all the girls wanted a piece of 'black Irish'. He had gotten that nickname in high school. They played together, and more often fought each other. James had broken Joel's nose when they were younger. They both thought they would grow up to be professional wrestlers in the WWF. They were on their trampoline when James jumped up and served a roundhouse kick to Joel's nose. Joel took revenge by taking James' girlfriend. Joel had always been the competitive one, while James was more reserved.

"What's up Jimmy Boy? I say we hit the town.

"Hell yea. Give me a bit though. I'm taking Jerry home. I'll be by afterwards though."

'Jerry' was their little sister. They called her that to get under her skin. Her real name was Savannah. They started calling her that when she got old enough to hate it. They figured they both had dude names that started with J's, so should she.

"Alright man, laters."

****::::::::****:::::::::****

James and Joel sat at the crowded, smoky bar of the billards. Joel had downed a few beers, while James smoked on a cigarette.

"What's up, big bro?"

"Not a damn thing. You still fucking that red-head?"

Joel laughed loudly. "Maybe"

"When are you gonna give it a break?

"You know me."

"You don't know what your missing man."

"No I don't. Tell me" he turned to look directly at his brother. "Tell me what I'm missing. I got everything you got, except Autumn has you pussy-whipped." He turned back towards the bartender before he continued. "And if not being pussy-whipped is wrong, I don't wanna be right" he sung off key.

"Whatever. I'm not pussy-whipped, I just know how to treat a woman. That's exactly what I have. A woman, not a girl. Anyways. What'd you do today?"

"Nothing much. The usual. Except I did help this chick named Skyler with some Spanish."

"Man, how many chicks do you have, exactly?"

"She's not my chick man. Way too bitchy."

"Why do you say that? 'Cause she doesn't want you?"

"Man, whatever. EVERYBODY wants me!" he joked. "It's just that she always got an attitude. She's cute and had a nice ass, but she needs to check that bad ass attitude. I think she's bipolar or something. One minute you can't get her to say one coherent word, the next you can't get her to shut the fuck up. Maybe you can diagnose and prescribe her some meds with you and your pansy ass pscyh major."

"Fuck you, man."

"You would like that wouldn't you?" Joel joked.

"Hell no you homo!

"Anyway, Britt's acting like she doesn't know the routine."

"What exactly is the routine?"

"It's real simple. She gets me up, she gets me off, she gets out. Plain. Simple."

James laughed. "Dude, I love you cause you're my bro, but I promise you, you're gonna get real tired of the playboy thing one day. And you're gonna look back and regret treating all of those girls like garbage." Joel sighed loudly. "And you're gonna wish you hadn't because one of those girl's you screwed over, could've been the one."

Joel looked at James with a bored expression. "Are you done?"

"Yea. I'm done."

"Then shut up and let me spank that ass in a game of pool, pscyh boy."

****::::::::****:::::::::****

When Skyler got home, she noticed Lacey sitting on the couch flipping through the television. She walked in and plopped down beside her.

"What happened to ole' dude you had stored away in the back room?" she asked Lacey.

"Girl, he had to go. How bout that bitch came before I did? We ain't having that." Skyler laughed. "Where did you go?"

"I went to get help with my Spanish."

"Oh really? You went to Joel's house?" she asked knowingly.

"Yea."

"Did you kiss him?"

"What!?" Skyler screamed.

"Come on, Doodle. I saw how to were looking at him at the restaurant. Like you wanted to order him up and sop him up like a biscuit" he said licking her fingers.

"I was not. And why would I kiss that pig."

"What's wrong?" Skyler told Lacey about all that happened and when she was done, Lacey stared at her like she had grown a new head. "You're overreacting. That's just the type of person he is."

"Lacey, he called me a bitch."

"Well, were you being a bitch."

"No. Maybe…yes" Skyler said quietly while looking down at her feet.

"Sweetheart, you really need to learn to keep your anger in check. I've seen you get mad, and when you do… how do I put this nicely? You go in total bitch mode, and I'm only telling you this because I love you. Chill out. Doodle, he's a real sweetheart once you get to know him."

"Well, I don't want to know him" Skyler pouted.

"Yes you do. That's why you can't get along with him. You know how when we were younger and a boy likes you, he's really mean to you? That's how you are, except you're a grown ass woman. You want him. You want to know ALL of him" Lacey said running her hands down her body. "Yes! Yes! Joel…oh God…right there!" she said rubbing her nipples through her tank top.

"Shut up!" Skyler said smiling as she threw a pillow at Lacey's head."

"Okay! Okay! I'm done." Lacey got up, patted Skyler's leg, and walked into her bedroom.. Skyler walked over to the coffee table to get the book she had left and started studying the vocabulary words. Shortly afterwards, Lacey came from her bedroom and saw Skyler asleep on the couch with the book covering her face.

"Poor girl" she said, and walked out.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Tuesday came around before you knew it, and Skyler sat in Spanish class yet again. Professor Sanders went around the room and collected the assignment.

"Very good, Miss Henley." Skyler smiled proudly and watched as Joel came into the class ten minutes late. He was wearing a light pink polo, tan khakis, and brown Sperrys.

"He is such a prep" thought Skyler.

"Mr. Walker. You're late."

"Yea. I'm real sorry about that Sanders" he said with sad eyes and somewhat of a pout. Then he turned to walk pass Skyler, and he put on a broad smile.

He puts on a good boy façade and gets away with anything. God know he's anything but. Whatever. Just…concentrate on class today. Forget him…and stop talking to yourself.

Class went by faster than usual. Maybe it was because Skyler was starting to get the hang of it. The only thing she was worried about was the test on Thursday. If she studied hard enough, she believed she could pass. But she had to do better than just pass. She wanted at least a C. She gathered her books and started towards the door. Her movement halted when Joel grabbed her elbow and she spun around.

"Hey. Look, I'm sorry you reacted the way you did the other day. The test is Thursday. You wanna come by my place to study?"

"Is that supposed to be some sort of apology?" she snapped.

"I don't have anything to apologize for doll. I didn't do anything to you" he said teasing her with that sexy smile. Damn him.

"I gotta work tonight, so…"

"Tomorrow. How bout tomorrow?" Skyler raised her eyebrows at his urgency, and then lowered her eyes to where his hand meet her elbow until he let go.

"Yea…maybe tomorrow." Skyler turned on her heels and walked out of the classroom, leaving Joel to himself with his goofy, sexy smile. Joel: 2, Skyler:1

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Skyler was at home making sure she had all of her stuff this time. Purse, keys, notebook, book, sanity. Check. She was about to go when she felt her purse vibrate. She pulled out her phone, and looked at the unfamiliar number. She pressed send.

"Hello?"

Silence.

"Hello!?" she said after mustering up more attitude.

"Umm..hey."

"Who is this?"

"You mean you don't know your boyfriend's voice anymore?"

Skyler sighed. "First of all, you ain't my boyfriend. Secondly, I don't want to talk to you. And third…" Skyler hung up the phone. She really didn't feel like getting into another heated argument with Mikeal anymore. She put the phone back in her purse and headed out the door.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

Joel and Skyler lied stretched out on his floor with notes and books scattered everywhere, and a pizza box between them.

"Skyler, I swear. If you get a B on this test, I'll take you out."

She almost choked on her slice of pepperoni pizza. She washed it down with the Dr. Pepper before asking, "What?"

"I'll take you out. To celebrate. That's only if you get a B, though."

Skyler looked at quaintly. "How about a C?"

"Don't push it" he laughed.

"And you're serious?" she asked.

"I said it, didn't I?"

The two had actually been getting along for once. Two and a half hours together without a debate or tempers flaring, Skyler's to be exact. She felt has she had learned so m uch in that short amount of time. All she had to do now was get a B on this Spanish test, and he would treat her. Kind of like a date. No, not a date.

"Oh, you are sooo on" she said taking another bite of pizza.

****::::::::****:::::::::****

"So where are we going?" Skyler asked.

Joel stared at his phone. "What are you talking about?" Joel asked groggily.

"To celebrate. Where are you taking me?"

"You got a B?" he asked sitting up in bed.

"Better. A minus! And last time I checked, that was sooo much better than a B. Which means…You owe me!!" she laughed.

"Alright, alright" he chuckled. "Where do you wanna go?"

"Well…you said anywhere so I was thinking somewhere like Hardrock Café…but given that you're only a poor college student, I'll settle for less. Outback?"

"Outback?"

"Yea. Outback."

"Of all places you wanna go to Outback?"

"Yes!!"

"Okay, okay. Outback it is" he chuckled.

"So…when are we going?"

"Umm…I'm a little…occupied at the moment" he said as he looked over to see Brittani lying there half-naked. "but how about tomorrow night? Around eight-ish?"

"Okay. See you then."

Joel shook his head and smiled to himself.

"Who was that?" Brittani whined.

"Someone I'm tutoring" he said annoyed.

"Well…where are you going tomorrow night?"

"Out. Why are you asking so many fucking questions?" He was started to get angry.

"I'm just curious, baby" she said rubbing up h is arm in an attempt to sooth him.

"Whatever. Look, I'm tired so I should be going." He stood and put his clothes back on. He felt her eyes on him. He honestly didn't mean to be mean to her, but she was so fucking annoying and clingy.

"Are you gonna call me when you get home?" she pleaded.

"No" he replied never turning around to look at her. He put on his jacket and grabbed his keys, leaving Brittani lying there looking clueless.

I would like to personally thank all of you guys for your feedback, comments, and support. It makes a girl feel REAL good. Thank yall!!

~Lil Mami

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Joy, Pain, and All Between Ch. 03

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 337 milliseconds