• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • The Evolution of Porn

The Evolution of Porn

As a child of the fifties, what I knew as porn is a joke compared with what we have now. A person of the modern information age we now live in would laugh at what we looked at in the fifties. I mean can you imagine jacking off to the Maidenform ads in your mother's ladies magazines or maybe my favorite, National Geographic's pictures of naked African women. I would go to the library, take a whole stack of National Geographic to a desk in the back, and flip page after page looking for those black natives with uncovered mammary glands. If you were especially fortunate you would have a friend who had a collection of 'French Postcards' usually stolen from their father. These unbelievable gems were pictures of naked women doing unthinkable things and as far as I was concerned the Holy Grail of porn. In my youth, I had maybe one or two opportunities to view these jewels and believe me I had every square inch of these pictures memorized and enjoyed them many times in the privacy of my bedroom late at night.

In my teenage years as I began to date, I lied to my friends, as I'm sure they did about reaching first or second base and if I really wanted to brag all the way to third. Also just as my friends I ended marrying the first girl I hit a home run with. That is just what you did back then.

Then came the sixties and the sexual revolution, some say brought on by 'The Pill' and as women lost their fear of pregnancy they began to experiment with sex. To us men we had the epiphany that women enjoyed sex as much as we did. My unstable marriage could not stand up to this barrage of wild women who wanted one-night stands and nothing could stop my wanderlust. And the porn, oh my god the porn, there was now dirty book stores that had magazines depicting any sex act imaginable and some you could not imagine. There were theaters that did nothing but show fuck films and some of these films even made main stream such as 'Behind the Green Door' staring the Ivory Snow girl Marilyn Chambers or the block buster 'Deep throat ' staring Linda Lovelace that grossed over six hundred million. This movie was a phenomenon and everyone just had to see, even the women and the movie houses were filled with couples who would come out laughing on the outside but turned on inside. Furthermore, our neighborhood theaters were showing films with naked people in them. It truly was the golden age of porn and we children of the fifties were in nirvana.

As the theme of the sixties was free love, cheap dope and we felt at the time it would go on forever, yet we all know it didn't. Almost all of the STDs of the sixties could be cured with a shot of penicillin and about the worst that could happen if you used too much dope was sleeping late and missing work.

With the seventies it all began to change, we no longer were contended to stay home get high and party with some girl. In the seventies, everyone wanted to go out to party. Everywhere you looked, there was a new disco opening, and a new scene you just had to be part of to be cool. Nobody smoked pot anymore the new drug of choice was coke. Coke was great, it made you a better dancer, and it made you a better lover. If you were lucky enough to be holding you were the most popular guy in the club. If you were really lucky, you might end up snorting lines off a naked girl's boob whose name you would never know. The problem with coke was at a thousand dollars an ounce you usually were out of money before you had enough coke.

Still the biggest problem starting in the seventies and going into the eighties was Aids. This scared everyone and it turned 'free love' into love at too high of a price to pay. Most of us older people got remarried or at least into a monogamous relationship. This left porn as the only way to get kinky. The dirty bookstores became emporiums that sold toys, showed movies and many had live shows in the back. The girls all looked tired and wasted and of course, bored to death but they still a pussy and they would shove them right in your face, well at least up to the glass petition separating you from her. All this made the price of porn go sky high and in reality; it still was a dirty bookstore just with more selection.

If the sixties were, the golden age of porn then the nineties to the present is the golden age of the porn user. Today there is more porn than anybody has time to watch and no matter what your kink is. Not only is there more than you can watch, most is free and it is right there in your own den. You put the wife to bed boot up the pc and in seconds, you can jack off until your dick's too sore to touch. Deep down you might know you're a sick puppy, yet if you go on line, there a million others just like you.

Is all this porn hurting your marriage? Could be, but maybe the wife's just glad you're leaving her alone. Porn is like drugs the more you use the more you need to get off but that doesn't mean you've become a pervert because now only anal (or whatever) gets you off. Yet if you find yourself no longer interested in the real thing and only get off when on line, I would say it is a problem. Of course, that's not me, I mean I can stop anytime I want, it just means I can't stop right now.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • The Evolution of Porn

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 415 milliseconds