• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • It Was Fate

It Was Fate

Authors Note: HEHE! First new chapter of Fate! I will warn you its changed around but basically the same, there are a lot of smaller details that have been changed though. I know some of you have been waiting a while for this, I hope you like it (:

- Sasha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slipping as silently as a mouse Annabeth weaved through trees moving as fast and as graceful as a jungle cat. Her senses were on fire taking in every single detail of the forest in this moonless night, every sound of dried leaves cracking under her delicate strides, every taste of night air thick with moisture, and every feel of the cool air the rushed past every inch of her being.

No one had detected her missing presence yet; but still time was of the essence. She had no idea where she was running. But, she defiantly knew what she was running from. Her only motivation was the image of her father as he used his last breath to prevent the very fate she had been condemned to. She felt it only right to free herself and in that honoring him and what he died for.

Annabeth's heart ached along with every other muscle but she couldn't feel them. The glow of freedom was beginning to cloud her senses. But it had gone too far to get sloppy; with her eyes peeled and chin up she swerved past trees and leapt over fallen logs like an elegant doe running from an invisible assailant.

Suddenly she could feel and see the forest growing thinner, a tip off that she would soon run into a road or civilization. Either way was a godsend the faster she could mix in with other people and mask her own scent the better, maybe she had a chance; just maybe.

She was right as she nearly tumbled out of the forest as the lights of society temporally blinded her dilated eyes. It shocked her how close human society was getting to mingling with the not so human society. Yet, that was actually her savior in this situation.

Looking both ways, like the childhood saying that had been imprinted on her brain since the beginning she darted across the street. The stealth she had maintained in the woods would no longer be applicable. But she could see the muted lights of a city at rest in the distance, which meant salvation.

Again she began running keeping to the shadows and away from roads; the wind whipping through her hair, unfortunately. Annabeth felt as if her scent was peeling off her body leaving an invisible trail she knew they would soon follow. She didn't have long and she was beginning to feel her muscles again past the numbing effect of the wind.

That was the instant she felt the air shift around her; the pressure changing. She jerked her head back to peer at the seeming looming edge of the woods that was a distance behind her. The noisy night animals were silent as they fled themselves, they even knew, a primal instinct set in them since the beginning of time. The predators had been set loose.

The images of her two sisters were set in her mind; she had to get free for them. She would get help; she was their only hope, all they had left. Swallowing all doubts she ran again as if taking her angst out on the ground beneath her feet. But soon she would draw attention moving as swiftly and gracefully as she did, she needed another plan. Looking around she seemed to be in a deserted factory district not far from the heart of the city, her salvation. All of a sudden a blood curdling howl ripped through the night causing her to jump and lose concentration. They were close very close. She knew she couldn't run anymore, in a split second decision she decided to hide, that was her final hope.

There were rows and rows of what looked to be sleeping factories and abandoned ones alike. Pressing her palm to the rough surface of the old brick building she slid down one quietly slipping behind it to what looked like a dumping ground for access materials lay. There were long industrial sized metal beams emerged from the ground standing up vertically; creating a maze of rusted and chipped ten foot tall ladder beams, perfect for her purpose .

Swiftly she weaved through the tall beams trying to get as far in between them as possible; which was her downfall. She sucked in a breath through her teeth and froze. It took control not to wail out in pain. She hadn't been paying enough attention to her peripheral vision, thus not paying attention to the sharp dagger like edge of a beam. It had dug a gash into her upper arm.

Collin sat miles away seemingly un-entertained by his dinner company. His mind was somewhere else tonight, for some reason he didn't feel right. It's probably the new moon, he thought to himself. The lack of moon always did do weird things to him. Sighing he readjusted himself, not feeling comfortable in his suit.

Sure this dinner was important but he couldn't concentrate. James, his friend for many years sat across from him doing the work of keeping conversation interesting as Collin kept peering behind him distracted.

That was when it hit him. On a particular glance behind him a breeze rushed past him ruffling his short blonde hair causing his nostrils to flare and his pupils to dilate. This wasn't the usual wind filled with mingling perfumes and cologne along with the wilderness scents of the nearby woods it was better than he could have imagined. It was fresh blood. But this blood was abnormal a neon color among a sea of faded ones. It was better, way better. The very thought tasting that blood had him reeling.

Gripping the table he willed himself to stay in his seat and most of all under control. His jaw ached to bite into soft supple flesh, his tongue craved the splash of warm blood, but most of all his head was pounding. The inner beast was rattling its cage sending shock waves of pain through his skull. Collin knew he had to do something before his finger tips split the rock of the finely polished marble of the dinner table.

He would investigate that blood, scratch that, he had to investigate that blood. Politely he excused himself from the table to take a pretend call he would never receive. The second he was out of sight of the restaurant he pulled off his tie literally ripping off him with a savage growl, he didn't have any patience tonight. Slipping into the shadows away from the lights of city life he finally showed his true self taking off toward the smell.

Annabeth sat perched near the top of a beam, wedged between two. She was shaking now not from the cold but from would await her if she was found. But, she couldn't think of that negativity, she would get free. Her breaths was shallow and uneven as she tried to quiet even the most needed thing of everyday life, breathing.

That was the moment she could physically feel the air prickling they had entered the junk yard she was in. Annabeth froze nearly as still as a statue except for her small trembles every breath. If she was running from any other pack they wouldn't dare to go this far into a city in wolf, for the fear of discovery. But this wasn't like any other pack, they were rogues.

It was completely dark in the junk yard but her high senses could still see. At the moment she couldn't tell if the was good or bad as a breath hitched in her throat. Nearly directly below her was a gigantic wolf its head was bowed as it sniffed the ground. It was as beautiful as it was dangerous; its coat was dark grey with a mix of lighter gray mixed in. Its head jerked up as its giant ears flew forward looking for some sort of sound. She knew it had found the shallow pool of her blood below. As drops of it had slid down her arm, gravity had taken control sending it plummeting to the ground.

Time seemed to slow down as its huge head began its slow movement of looking up. Her breathing quickened and heart rate took off as if just realizing the emanate danger she was in. But, that only quickened the wolf's movement as its shocking lime green eyes finally locked with hers.

Suddenly it looked toward the stars and let out another loud howl. She knew what it meant, 'we found her.' Once again they shouldn't be howling that close to the city it could have alerted the humans. But once again they didn't care.

The next moment she looked down there were two giant masses. The second was just as beautiful as the first. It was night black with cruel looking golden brown eyes. But, they were both looking up at her a seemingly wolf smile on their muzzles. She jumped as all of a sudden the grey wolf jumped up to rest its front paws on the same beam she was wedged in only a few inches below her. It snapped its jaws just inched below her foot snarling.

"I suggest you go quietly." A deep voice called from below.

She nearly screamed not expecting a voice. But another look down showed the black wolf had shifted into a hybrid, basically an upright talking wolf. Annabeth didn't reply she didn't think he deserved one.

"Are you going to crawl down like a good little girl or are we going to have to drag you down?" The hybrid stated as the wolf just kept snapping at her foot, it enjoyed watching her squirm.

"No." Annabeth refused her voice sounding stronger than she thought possible. Her worst fear had come true they had found her, but still she wouldn't go without a fight.

"Fine." He sighed. "Henderson will get you down." He ordered crossing his furry arms and turning away. At that moment the giant wolf stood completely up against the beam, plenty tall enough to reach her. Annabeth screamed as its mammoth jaws locked on to her hurt arm flinging her to the ground.

She felt as if she could feel the sting of each of its giant, sharp teeth puncture her skin individually. Then when he threw her down, she felt the teeth dig deeper; digging them a home in her fragile arm. Even once the wolf's teeth redrew taking with it the pressure, the pain was excruciating. It had flung her down jerking her arm into an unnatural position. She screamed in pain. All of it was coming together from the fall, the bite, and the sickening feel of a bone crunching. The pain was excruciating.

That's when Collin hear it the screams that was followed by the smell of fresh gushing blood and when he turned the corner to lay his eyes on an abnormal site. A giant wolf stood looming over a girl that lay on the ground on her side holding her arm covered in blood. While a half man half wolf stood watching with a smirk playing on his lips.

Before he knew what he was doing his suit jacket was thrown next to him, his sleeves had been bunched up to his elbows, and a hiss had erupted from his mouth. They heard him instantly as both of them turned to look at him hate in their eyes. Collin felt a strange need to protect this girl and that's exactly what he was going to do. His eyes shifted the color of blood and his fangs elongated to rest against his bottom lip.

It felt as if someone had hit pause on a remote as they all stood there frozen sizing each other up. All of a sudden as if someone finally pressed play the wolf lunged. It was gigantic two times the size of an average wolf but Collin lunged directly back at it hitting it with twice the force knocking it to the ground with a yelp.

But quickly it stood back up looking a little dazed. Now it was growling and barring its teeth, now that it knew the skill of its opponent. Collin just smiled as realization washed over the wolf; its eyes became slits of pure animalistic anger and the sounds emitted from its mouth matched the hatred in his lime green eyes. A wolf didn't like when someone came between him and his orders from the alpha.

The wolf lunged with twice the power and anger, Collin barely had time to react as his arm came up in pure reflex to protect his face. This time the wolf's knife like teeth scraped against his arm, drawing blood and a grunt from his throat. But, Collin smiled spinning around to peer into the wolf's eyes with pure amusement in his own.

This time Collin lunged at the wolf so fast it couldn't react. He wasn't going for his arm but his throat, using his fangs as weapons. He could feel the sickening rip of fur and flesh as his canines tore through its throat instantly killing it. Collin threw the limp body of the wolf down while wiping the fresh blood off of his lips onto his sleeve.

Turning to were the hybrid should have been standing he smiled fiercely again but it quickly turned to a frown. The only thing he could see was the tail end of a night black wolf darting away, only its hind legs and tail visible. Collin was as disappointed as he was relieved. He hadn't had any opportunity to use his real strength in a while and enjoyed doing so. Yet, now he could get to the girl faster.

Annabeth watched in amazement as the vampire and wolf dueled. It was nauseating to watch; they moved nearly to fast to comprehend. And the way they moved, it was like a killing dance; it was so graceful. It nearly took her mind off the pain she was in, nearly.

She didn't know whether to be scared or relieved. There was the fear of what the vampire would do to her. On the other hand she knew what he would do to her. The unknown was looking more and more inviting. What he did next caught her eye. After releasing the dead wolf from his grip he began to begin his graceful canter toward her. She knew he wasn't going to just leave her here like she prayed.

This man was gorgeous in that way only a vampire could be, nearly hauntingly beautiful. But yet, he looked young at least under twenty. His eyes that had been a glowing red in battle had shifting to bright silver. She caught herself staring; he was just so attractive, with his short blonde hair and boyish face; complete with straight handsome features and full lips.

Before she knew it those full lips her eyes were fixed upon began forming words. "Where are you hurt?" He asked in a velvety smooth voice. Once again the smell of her blood hit him and the beast roared. But, he kept control thanks to the exercise he just gave it.

"Y-You're bleeding." She murmured staring at the thin cut running from his wrist to half way down to his elbow on the underside of his arm.

He didn't answer but instead bent his elbow and maneuvered it so he could run his tongue down the cut. In the next second the only thing that remained of the cut was a thin pink scar that was rapidly diminishing. "Now, where are you hurt?"

"My arm." She groaned still clutching at it as she lay on her side. 'I-I think it's broken."

"Can I?" He requested bending down to sit on his heels nodding at her arm.

"Please." She nearly laughed through her agony.

Tenderly his cool finger tips brushed her arm causing her to flinch. "It's okay." He soothed using a voice that made her really believe it would be. What he was really looking for was any dislocations and to see if it was broken. Using gentle pressure he lightly probed along the bone and stopped before he reached the tooth marks that were still bleeding, at that moment he was amazed by his strength.

"W-What are you doing?" Annabeth stammered as she watched him extend his fangs and bite into his own wrist.

"This will take the pain away." He murmured reaching over with his non bleeding hand to caress her cheek softly with his thumb.

"What am I supposed—"

Her question was unfinished as he showed her exactly what she was supposed to do. He gently pushed his wrist on to her lips. "Drink," He urged. But she just stared up at him confusion in her eyes. "I'll explain if you drink." He compromised. Her answer was heard as she obeyed.

"Vampire's blood is very powerful. If a human drinks it, they will temporarily have a surge of power. In your instants it should heal your arm in minutes." Collin had only given his blood to one other, but it was unintentional. Sharing blood was never taken lightly. He was confused. Why did he care so much?

"That's enough." He indicated pulling his wrist to his own mouth he licked the puncture wounds instantly sealing them. Moving over he sat behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist supporting her as he saw the lazy look in her eye. But, that was a side effect; the power can be tiring.

Annabeth could feel her arm healing. The skin was reattaching and the bone too, ten times faster than her already accelerated healing could. But, her favorite part was that it no longer hurt, his blood was like the best pain reliever known to man. But she also felt the extreme exhaustion that followed.

Her mind was racing to process everything that had happened tonight. From the pain to this vampire; he was nothing like she expected. She expected heartless and uncaring, he was the opposite. She was confused. "What's your name?" She asked leaning heavily against him.

"Collin."

"Hi, I'm Annabeth." She smiled.

He chuckled, she was apparently getting loopy. That was the last of her words as her head fell back to rest on his shoulder and her breathing became even. He wouldn't blame her; he was actually surprised she didn't pass out faster. Standing up he lifted her easily with him. Collin smiled as she laid her head on his shoulder and nuzzled her nose against his neck in her sleep as he began walking.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • It Was Fate

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 33 milliseconds