• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Closer Ch. 07

Closer Ch. 07

12

Justin and Kim were in the airport, wrapped in each others arms waiting for his flight to be called. One of his arms rested comfortably on her shoulder and the other was draped around her waist. It was just a little past midnight and his flight was about to board.

The airport seemed nearly empty, with the exception of the crowd of people near the food court. During their wait, they had shared small kisses and whispered sweet nothings to each other. Now, it was time for him to board his plane back to Chicago.

"I love you. Bye."

Those were the exact words that Kim didn't want to hear at the moment. Not because she didn't like them, but because it meant that he really was leaving.

"Appelle-moi," Kim whispered, kissing him one more time.

"I forgot you used to take French at school," Justin chuckled slightly. Kim smiled and stared into his stunning eyes. "I'll call you as soon as I land. I promise," he continued.

Justin hugged her one more time and walked toward his gate number.

Kim turned and started to walk away. She couldn't watch him board the plane. She just couldn't, no matter how weird it may have sounded to other people. It wasn't like they were never going to see each other again because he'd be back for Christmas. He wanted to spend the holiday with his family and see his baby sister, Lilly. She would just count down the days until she got to hold him, and kiss him again. Yeah, she'd be okay.

*********

"Lilly, please," Helen complained as she cradled her crying child. She'd been up for almost forty-five minutes trying to soothe her baby and she was dead tired. It was almost one in the morning. That was the latest she'd been up since college and she just wanted to get some good sleep which was becoming more difficult with the newborn.

Kim walked into the house and tossed her keys on the small table near the door. "You look dead," she commented, noticing Helen's state. The poor woman looked like a zombie.

"I am tired. I should wake up Steve and make him feed Lilly."

"Do you want me to make her a bottle?" Kim asked walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge.

"Oh, I'd be so grateful if you did," Helen rushed out with a small smile.

"You know what, go to bed and I'll take care of Lilly," Kim exclaimed, feeling sorry for the new mother.

"You sure? You don't have to do that."

"But, I want to. It's okay, babies like me and you need your rest," Kim replied, walking over to Helen.

She remembered some of the mothers in her old apartment building would ask her to babysit, while they were out taking care of "business." Sometimes they paid her for looking after their kids and sometimes they didn't. She didn't really care. She just didn't want them getting caught in the middle of their mother's bad decisions.

Helen smiled and carefully placed the baby in Kim's arms.

"Let me know if you need anything," Karen exclaimed before walking towards the stairs.

"Okay," Kim said, slowing rocking the baby back and forth in her arms. The baby continued to cry out loudly until Kim finally prepared the bottle. She sat down on the sofa and began to offer the bottle to the baby. Immediately, Lilly latched onto the bottle and began to drink.

"Aww, somebody was hungry," she whispered, watching the little girl greedily drink the milk.

Lilly was adorable and tiny. She had Steve's eye color and dark hair. Her eyes were wide and expressive, always seeming alert as to the things going on in this "new world." Her lips formed the cutest little Cupid's bow and her chubby cheeks were begging to be kissed or pinched. She wondered what her children would look like.

She couldn't imagine not having kids with Justin. She knew deep down that he would be a great father. What kind of mom would she be? She wasn't going to dwell too much on it though, she was only eighteen and wanted to go to college and have a good job before having any kids.

Kim continued to admire the little girl until the bottle was finished. She burped her for a few moments before cradling the baby in her arms.

"Finally," she sighed when Lilly fell asleep in her arms. She smiled watching Justin's sister. "You're too cute," she whispered, walking towards the stairs.

*********

"Aww, she's adorable," Mackenzie exclaimed, looking closely at the baby pictures on Justin's phone. Marcie nodded in agreement as the two looked through the small slideshow on his phone.

Mackenzie and Marcie were still angry with Justin when he left to go back to California, but when he came back he revealed that he told Kim what happened. At first they didn't believe him until explained how the situation went. They both agreed that he deserved the treatment he originally got, but were happy that he worked it out with Kim.

Gradually, Mackenzie and Marcie forgave him. However, they had yet to forgive Erin for what she did, or tried to do. She hadn't even spoken to them since that night. 'Good riddance,' Mackenzie and Marcie thought.

Justin sat there and thought about California while the girls looked at the pictures. He had been back in Chicago for almost a week and he was already homesick. He didn't just miss the warm weather of California compared to the chilliness of Chicago, but he missed Kim. He missed Lilly. He missed his mom and even Steve.

"What did they name her?" Marcie asked, unintentionally breaking his train of thought.

"Lillian Marie Pratt. Lilly for short," he replied with a smile.

"Who's that?" Cole asked, sitting down with the group and looking towards the phone.

"Justin's sister," Marcie replied, showing him a picture.

"She's cute, but wait until she reaches the terrible two's," he replied with a smile.

"Well, I don't think I have anything to worry about. It's two years away," Justin replied with a shrug.

"Just remember I tried to warn you," Cole laughed. "Anyway, there's going to be some party off campus later tonight. Who's the designated driver?" he asked.

Marcie scoffed and looked at Cole like he was stupid. "Do you ever spend your free time studying?"

"Nope, why would I?"

"Ummm, something called academic probation which you barely escaped a little while ago," Mackenzie cut in.

"You're academic history isn't perfect either."

"Yeah, but now she has me to keep her in line," Marcie exclaimed.

Cole rolled his eyes and looked at Mackenzie. "My grades are ancient history, besides its only one night of booze, babes, and my fantasy of a threesome with two hot lesbians coming true," he exclaimed, winking at Mackenzie and Marcie.

"Oh please, Cole, if I had to stare at your naked body I think I would be an even bigger lesbian than I already am," Marcie snickered.

"Aww, don't be like that. Don't friends help each other out?"

"Yeah, but there are limits and seeing you in your birthday suit is one of them," Marcie replied.

"Cole, give it a rest. They're clearly not interested," Justin laughed, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"No chick can turn down this," Cole replied running his hands down his body and trying to be sexy.

"Eww, I lost my appetite," Mackenzie said, making a disgusted face. Marcie nodded her head in agreement and they both got up.

"Hey, where you guys going?" Cole asked.

"Far away from you," Marcie exclaimed, already walking away. Cole looked at Mackenzie and Marcie as they walked away, tilting his head to the side to get a better view of their...assets.

"By the end of the year, I'm going to fuck them," he said more to himself than Justin.

"Only in your wildest dreams."

"What? You don't think I can do it?"

"Oh, I know for a fact that you can't do it," Justin replied, wiping his hands with a napkin. "Maybe if your dick shrunk repeatedly and you grew a vagina and some tits, you'd have a chance. Until then, you better find some bi-curious chicks or something because they're not interested."

"I have a profound effect on women," Cole replied with a cocky grin.

"Yeah, I can tell," Justin said, shaking his head.

"Was that sarcasm? I think you're being sarcastic."

"Really? Looks like college has made you somewhat smarter," Justin snickered before getting up with his tray of food.

"You doubt my powers, man," Cole complained, getting up and following him.

"What powers? You don't even know how to talk to women without coming off as a total pig."

"That's not true, women love me."

"How many girls on campus have you been with since school started, Cole?" Justin asked while stopping and turning to face him.

Cole took the time to count how many on his fingers before looking up and saying, "Ummm, about four."

Justin scoffed, "How many of them were drunk?"

"Only one," Cole replied, his voice going up one octave. Justin gave him a disbelieving look and watched him slowly crumble. "Three of them, but Erin was sober."

"You can't get any chick unless they're shitfaced. Alcohol is like your wingman."

The two started walking again, making it out into the chilly Chicago air. Justin sipped up his jacket and listened to Cole ramble.

"Hey, I've fucked four chicks so far. That's more than I can say for you," he said, with that cocky grin of his.

"I don't need any of these girls, man." Justin gestured to the various groups of women on campus before turning back to his friend. "I've got the perfect one waiting for me back home."

"Are you sure you're not gay?"

Justin looked at Cole disbelievingly, "You've seen my girlfriend."

"Oh I know. She was one of the many starlets in my wet dream last night." Cole barely dodged the punch Justin sent his way. He laughed loudly while trying to run away from his friend. When the rough housing finally settled, Justin continued with his speech.

"Point is no one on this campus holds a candle to her. I'm in love, dude."

"You're whipped," Cole taunted. Opening the main door to their dormitory.

Justin shrugged his shoulders and looked at Cole with a smile. "You say it like it's a bad thing."

*********

"Hey."

Kim, who had been busy jotting down information for Tom, looked up at the source of the voice.

"Umm, hey," she replied, realizing the person talking to her was John. She didn't expect to see him again.

"Is your lane open? The checkout girl over there said she was on break," John exclaimed, pointing towards Maria. Kim scoffed watching Maria file down one of her fingernails.

"Sure," Kim replied, setting down her pen and beginning to scan his items.

"How've you been?"

"Pretty good. You?" Kim didn't really want to talk to him. The last time they spoke was the day they tricked Mackenzie into confessing and that was months ago. She had told him not to talk her again and now here he was.

"I'm doing okay. My dad's got me working at his restaurant and we get a lot of business so I can't complain." John had a small smile on his face and Kim remembered when she thought that smile was so handsome on him. When she didn't respond to what he said, he cleared his throat a little and nervously looked down at him feet.

"So, umm, did you, you know, did you tell Justin about what happened?" he asked nervously.

Kim sighed and looked over at him, "Do you think you'd still be alive if I did?"

"Good point," he said, breathing s sigh of relief. For a moment he smiled, but it quickly vanished. Kim could tell he wanted to say something.

"I know you hate me—," he rushed out.

"I don't hate you," she cut in. "We all make fucked up decisions and while yours was pretty fucked up, I'm not going to waste my energy hating you or Mackenzie. I've been through worse. Trust me."

"Okay," he replied barely above a whisper. He didn't really know what else to say and they stood there in awkward silence for a moment before he whispered, "I'm still sorry."

"I forgave you a long time ago."

"Thanks, Kimmy," he said, a small smile returning to his face.

Kim continued checking out his items in silence until all his bags were in his cart. "Have a good day," she said when he began to push his cart away from her check out lane.

"Yeah, you too."

**********

Anita waited patiently in her room waiting for some form of entertainment to walk through her doors. She'd been bored to death in this quiet, plain old hospital room. If her being sick wasn't going to kill her, then being in this room another minute would.

She glanced over at the clock. Kim's shift ended exactly twenty-three minutes ago. It usually took her about fifteen minutes to get to the hospital if traffic was okay. Not including the time it took for her to park, get into the hospital and to her floor. So, if she was correct, Kim would be walking through her room door in five, four, three, two, and one. She felt herself get a little disheartened when Kim didn't walk through the door immediately. Then, she felt her mood become lifted again when she saw Kim walk through the door breathless.

"I had to use the stairs. They're doing maintenance on the elevator," she said with a smile while simultaneously fighting to catch her breath.

"I thought for a second you weren't coming."

"Don't be silly. I always come to visit after work," Kim said, waving away the statement and shrugging off her jacket. She came and sat down next to Anita's bed, grabbing the remote off the bed. "What have you been doing all day?" Kim asked.

"Sleeping mostly, but earlier I read my bible a little bit. There isn't a lot I can do in this hospital. They watch me like hawks all day. It's very...frustrating," she breathed out, rolling her eyes at the nurse passing by.

"They're just doing their jobs."

"Their jobs are to save lives. Not waste time on someone who's life is about to end soon," Anita huffed.

"Don't say things like that," Kim whispered.

"It's true. I'm dying and I've accepted that. I'm not young anymore; I'm not drowning in naivety. I've lived my life. We all die one day and my day is coming soon."

"I still don't want you talking like that," Kim said, turning on the TV and flipping through channels.

"Do you remember what I asked you to do when I pass away?" Anita asked, looking at Kim's profile.

Kim thought about it for a moment and shook her head no as the woman waited for her to answer. She honestly couldn't remember.

Anita smiled genuinely and said, "I asked you to take care of my cat."

"Ooh," Kim said, suddenly remembering the entire conversation they shared a couple of months ago in Anita's apartment. Speaking of which, how much stuff was damaged in the small fire.

"Did they save Adrienne's stuff from the apartment? I know it was a while ago, but did her stuff get burned too?" Kim suddenly asked, looking up at Anita. She hoped they salvaged some of those old photo albums filled with photographs of her late friends.

Anita smiled sadly and replied, "Most of the stuff in that old house got burned, but there was something special of Adrienne's that didn't."

"What?"

Anita smiled again and sat up in the hospital bed. She took a moment to adjust to her new position before throwing her legs over the edge of the bed and walking towards her small bag in the corner.

"Hey, lay back down. I'll get it," Kim exclaimed, standing up.

Anita shooed her away and continued making her way toward the bag. "I can get, Kimberly. I'm not dead yet," she joked.

Kim reluctantly sat back down and watched closely at what Anita was doing. The old woman rummaged through the bag until finally stopping and pulling out a small rectangular item. She walked back over to the bed and climbed back inside the sea of disorganized pillows and covers. She handed the item over to Kim and watched as the girl smiled widely.

Kim couldn't believe it. It was the photograph of Kim and Adrienne at the beach. The one they took with Kim's arm on Adrienne's waist and Adrienne's arm flung casually over Kim's shoulder. Their favorite picture. It was almost in mint condition minus the small edge of the picture that was slightly burnt.

"Wow," was all she managed to say as she looked the picture, trying to analyze every single detail about it.

"Keep it."

Kim snapped her head in the woman's direction and shook her head 'no.' "No," she repeated out loud.

"Please, keep it. I don't need it anymore," Anita whispered with a smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"It's the least I could do for one of my granddaughters," she replied with a lazy smile. Kim leaned down and carefully gave the woman a hug so she wouldn't hurt her weak body.

*********

"I wanna marry you," Justin rushed out hurriedly over the phone.

The statement had just slipped out before he was able to catch himself. He had been on the phone with Kim for almost four hours and in between the conversation he realized she was the woman he was going to make his wife. He'd had that feeling ever since they'd become a serious couple and would usually shrug it off. 'I'm too young,' he told himself.

Now he knew that his age had nothing to do with this. He was head over hills in love with Kimberly Monee Barns. 'I wanna marry you,' he thought as he listened to her speak and then realized too late that he had said the words aloud. Now the phone was completely silent on both lines.

'Shit,' he thought and licked his dry lips as he listened to her breathe on the other line. He was about to say something when she finally spoke. She said it so softly that he didn't hear her and had no clue what the hell she said.

"What?" he asked, gripping the phone anxiously.

"Are you sure?" she asked in a hush tone.

"Yeah, I'm positive," he replied, licking his lips again. He began to pace back and forth between the empty space between his bed and his roommate's. It seemed like forever before he heard her take another breath.

"Okay," she finally replied quickly.

"What?"

"I wanna marry you too," she said. He could hear her voice slightly waver a bit from trying to contain her excitement...or nervousness.

"Really? I mean this is really not the way I wanted to propose or anything but..."

"I don't need you to take me to some fancy restaurant or something cliché like that. As long as you really want to do this and it's completely genuine," she replied.

"This is a big step," Justin rambled.

"I know. I know it is and I'm ready if you are."

"I'm ready."

"Okay."

"Okay...okay then I guess we're getting married," he breathed out with a wide smile on his face. His smile got wider when he heard her shriek louder and yell out to people in the room with her.

"I'M GETTING MARRIED!! MARIA, I'M GETTING MARRIED!! JUSTIN AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED!!" she shouted over and over. After a moment he heard another person join in on the excitement; Maria.

"Congratulations!! But how dare he propose over the phone," she said after a moment before bursting into laughter.

"Shut up," Kim said with a laugh. "Hello," she said into the phone after her shouting fit was over.

"So you think you're ready to become Mrs. Justin Ezekiel Cook?"

"Hell yeah," she said with confidence that was so sexy to him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

**********

"So, what exactly are you looking for, young man?"

Justin scanned through all the different rings on display in the jewelry store. There were so many beautiful ones to choose from, making his decision all the more difficult. Which ring would be right for Kim? He was going to surprise her with the official engagement ring when he got to California. Christmas or New Years, those were the possible dates. Now all he had to do was choose a ring, but which one.

The brittle old woman who ran the shop had let him be for about five minutes, but after closely observing him she realized that he was absolutely clueless. She walked over to him and lightly placed a fragile hand on his shoulder.

"Hello, my name is Greta. So, what exactly are you looking for, young man?" she asked, increasing the wrinkles in her face by smiling deeply.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Closer Ch. 07

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 14 milliseconds