• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Intertwined Fates 21: Mourning

Intertwined Fates 21: Mourning

21: Mourning

"Its done Gregor," said Miranda as she approached him.

"Good, let's get out of here. It's not safe out here. We need to find a safe place to discuss what we are going to do now," said Gregor.

"I had a back-up plan should we need some place to go. Augustus has a mansion that we can use as a staging ground to prepare ourselves. I've been planning this for years now Gregor, even though now the final objective doesn't seem all that possible any longer, as it does seem as though the prophecy will come to be," said Miranda.

"How did you get Augustus' loyalty?" asked Gregor.

"I saved some of his fledglings. He's more then happy enough to help us. He hates Markus with a passion now," said Miranda.

"Good we need to determine what we gained from the rift," said Gregor.

Miranda shivered as Gregor's new power seemed to crawl over her body like sharp needles.

***

"How's Aaron doing?" asked Carl as Laura came out of the infirmary.

"He's doing better. What are you doing up anyway? You should be lying down," said Laura.

"I can't, not when Joy won't even let me in," said Carl worriedly.

"She just needs some time to her self, that's all, Carl. Just give her some time," said Laura.

Carl sighed depressed and continued "She's totally devastated. I just don't know what to do. Her brother was the only family she had."

"She's still got you. Carl. She'll heal, you just have to give her time," said Laura trying to comfort him.

"How are Dave and Amelia doing?" asked Carl

"Not good. They still haven't woken up yet and it doesn't seem as though their injuries are healing," said Laura.

"Is Aaron awake?" asked Carl.

"Yeah, but you won't be allowed in long. Aaron is still quite tired and Cindy will probably try and chase you out if she doesn't try holding you to a bed," said Laura.

"I'll take my chances," said Carl. "Thanks, Laura,"

"No problems, Carl. If there is anything I can do to help, you let me know," Laura said.

"I will," Carl replied.

"What are you doing up, Carl? You should be in bed resting. You have lost quite a lot of blood," said Cindy as Carl entered the room.

"I'm fine, Cindy. I just wanted to talk to Aaron," said Carl.

"Five minutes, Carl. He needs to rest," sighed Cindy.

"How are you feeling Aaron?" asked Carl as he sat down next to his bed.

"Really drained and so exhausted, but all I think I need is just some sleep. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be with Joy?" asked Aaron sleepily.

"She won't talk to me, she won't even let me in and Laura said to just let her have some time. It's tearing me up not being able to comfort her," sighed Carl depressed.

"All I can say Carl, is go try again. If not I think it would be best to leave her to herself for a while. Emotional women can be very snappish," said Aaron.

"You've had some experience with that before have you?" asked Carl.

"Oh yes, Laura has been like that before. You just gotta learn how to deal with it, so go to Joy, Carl," said Aaron.

"Thanks, Aaron. I hope you feel better soon," said Carl.

"I will," yawned Aaron.

***

"Joy please let me in baby," said Carl to the closed door in front of him. Just as he was about to give up trying the door lock opened and the door swung open. Carl's chest wrenched painfully when he registered her shaken tear-stained appearance. Carl approached Joy and put his arms around her. Joy put her head on his shoulder and started sobbing again as her hands slipped under the back of his shirt and wrapped around his back pulling him closer. Carl pressed a gentle kiss on her neck as he led her back to the bed, laying her down he pulled off his shirt and laid next to her.

He kissed her tear-stained cheeks and hugged her to him while she wrapped her arms back around his back.

"I have to organise his funeral soon," she said sadly.

"Do you have to do anything right now? Just stay here for awhile," said Carl.

Joy locked her eyes with his and started to feel calm as waves of comforting emotion seemed to pour from Carl into her. She rested her head onto his shoulder and closed her eyes soaking up the feeling.

***

"Jake! You made it back!" exclaimed Laura as Jake and Kally walked into the mansion.

"Yeah, we made it back at last. The last few days have been absolute hell, but we've finally gotten through them," said Jake who had his arm around Kally.

"Where's Joy?" asked Kally.

"She's in her room but she's not to be disturbed. Sorry, Kally; her brother is dead," Laura told them.

Kally's eyes widened in shock and asked, "How?!"

"Miranda killed him. The bitch waited until we were about to find him before draining the life from him," said Laura bitterly.

Jake scowled and snarled "That bitch has got to pay for what she's done,"

"Don't worry she will. Joy has already sworn her vengeance against her," said Laura.

"Good, I'll help her with it," said Kally.

"How did you guys get away?" asked Laura

"It's a long story, Laura, and we just want to get clean and relax. We're both so exhausted," said Jake wearily.

"Ok, you two go clean up and relax but I want to know today though," said Laura.

"We should be ok after a few hours sleep," said Kally.

"Ok, I will talk to you then," said Laura.

"Where's Aaron?" Jake asked.

"He's in the infirmary. We just got back from banishing those demons and Aaron collapsed. I was really worried that I had killed him for a time. But he is getting better though," said Laura.

"Can I go and see him?" asked Jake.

"After you've had some rest Jake. Aaron also needs to sleep to regain his strength," said Laura.

"Ok sure, let's go babe," said Jake

***

"Sir, the recent power surges I picked up on seem to be consistent with the energy patterns of a powerful banishment spell," said Anton, chief sorcerer of the Sabre.

"Interesting. How will this event benefit us?" asked Michael.

"I should be able to track the original source of the banishment spell back to its owners. There seems to be several distinct signatures melded with the spell. It's the signature for very dark magic that requires the very essence of your life force," said Anton.

"Who would be crazy enough to use such unpredictable magic?" asked Joseph.

"Markus and his group of traitors," sneered Michael.

"It's near indecipherable and will take me sometime to be able to make any sense of the readings, but I should be able to get a clear reading on them once all the interference is cleared away," said Anton.

"Good keep me informed on your progress. We need to clean this up quickly since Queen Regina is getting very impatient on our lack of progress," said Michael.

Once Anton left the room Joseph said "They certainly are proving really hard to track down, Michael."

"Yeah, but Markus is pretty old. Not as old as us but he has quite rare master abilities and his chief sorcerer is really powerful," said Michael.

"Well Anton is better. We'll have them soon," said Joseph.

"Yes, we will. Regina will love personally interrogating him," grinned Michael cruelly.

***

"Thanks for coming with me today guys, it really means a lot to me," said Joy as she sat down in one of the plastic chairs in front of the covered pavilion set out on the lawn of the cemetery.

"It's no problem, Joy. We understand," said Rachel as she grabbed hold of her hand after taking her seat.

"We're here for you, Joy. I know Carl would be here if he could have been," said Adam placing his hand on her shoulder as he took his seat.

"I know, but being in a church or outdoors it wouldn't matter since it's daytime," said Joy as the priest made his way on to the stage.

As the priest began the eulogy, Adam grabbed hold of one of her hands as Rachel squeezed the other. Soon, the priest ended the eulogy and started the interment, saying a prayer as the coffin was lowered into the ground slowly.

Tears fell from Joy's face as she dropped a bit of soil on the top of her brother's coffin.

"Are you ok Joy?" asked Rachel.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," sniffed Joy as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Come on we'll get you home," said Adam.

"Thanks," said Joy as Rachel and Adam grabbed hold of her arms and led her to the car.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Intertwined Fates 21: Mourning

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 31 milliseconds