• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 09

Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 09

Antarctic Shelf

What is it you have that is important enough to bother me, Typheryian?

"I dare not bother you with something insignificant Lord Avyanna."

Good. I'd hate to have an excuse to rid myself of another council member.

Typheryian catches the subtle hint. The Asura are not liked by the other demon types and the feeling is reciprocated. Typheryian and his kind oppose being ruled by a Demon Lord and would much rather have an Ancient ruling instead.

It often surprises him that any Asura were on the council and that is probably because many of the other demons feared them. Since the Asura are very different in that they can grow in terms of power equal to and Ifrit. With higher numbers the Asura can very well rule over the demons with a leader. Balance has to be keep or at least that is the belief of all demons or at least while a Demon Lord is present. Rules were rules and they can be broken provided one didn't get caught which meant one needs to know how not to get caught.

"You are powerful without doubt but these humans we face should not be underestimated."

I have seen what the humans are capable of. So do not dare lecture me on what they are capable of.

"That is not what meant my Lord Avyanna. As a loyal member of the council and to you I only show regard for your life," Typheryian explains as Avyanna turns to look over the vast ice shelf.

I am not fooled Typheryian by your deception. Your kind cannot stand mine anymore than I can stand here and tolerate you. Get to your point or I shall have you made into an ice sculpture for the rest of the demon race to view you.

Typheryian knew when he pushed far enough and Avyanna would be true to her word. What he doesn't expect is just how honest she is about her feelings about the Asura or him. Trust is something he surely doesn't expect to gain.

"I purpose we strike at these humans before they have the opportunity to come here and destroy all that has been accomplished for you."

Avyanna turns slowly and stares deep into his eyes for a moment before responding. You sound very concerned for my success. Not a quality in an Asura or any demon for that matter.

"Regardless of my intentions now or in the future, I realize we have to come together in order to bring the humans under us as our slaves as it has been done each time a Demon Lord has awakened," he says conjuring up the best explanation he can.

Very well. If you are true to what you say then dispose of the humans.

"Thank you Lord Avyanna," he says sincerely. He normally would just go through with the act but he needs to gain some form of trust in the Demon Lord. "Can I expect help in the form of soldiers?"

Avyanna lets out an energetic laugh. Afraid you'd lose too many in a battle with how did you put it? Ah yes, humans that I should not underestimate.

"Yes Lord Avyanna. I don't want to underestimate what these humans are capable of. They have stopped us for thousands of years."

A glint of recognition shines in the Demon Lord's eye. She realizes the truth behind his words. All throughout history there was someone or some organization there are at every turn to stop the demons from accomplishing their task. From the time of the Atlanteans and throughout the ages by humans such as Alexandros or groups like Roses Red or the Black List the demons have been defeated. Somehow the humans were able to overcome and perhaps they were not to be underestimated.

Very well Typheryian. Perhaps you can succeed where many before you have not. But you will have to use what resources you have and whatever soldiers under you. I will not waste my resources for you to prove your loyalty to me.

"Very well Lord Avyanna," he says with a deep bow. "Thank you."

Don't thank me quite yet. You have yet to provide any results.

"You will have results."

But you will not like them.

——

You wanted to speak with me sir," Nash says entering the research department of the facility.

"Your team done well Nash," Major Duncan Graves says turning around.

"Thank you sir."

"I know you would like to get some rest as the rest of your team but I wanted to have you come here to report about your test equipment," he explains. "This is Walter Valkner."

"Please call me Walt," the scientist says holding out his hand. He is a hefty man, a good fifty pounds more weight than a man his height should be.

Nash shakes the man's hand. "Nash."

"I understand from the report you submitted the gauntlets worked at optimal performance and came through in assisting you to win your fight," Walt sums up.

"That's correct," Nash answers shortly. "I'd like to know more about them if I may."

"Yes and I'll more than happy to explain."

"Then I will leave you two. Nash."

"Major."

Graves leaves the room leaving Nash and the scientist alone. "Where to start," Walt mumbles to himself. "Ah yes. The basis of the technology begins with nanomites. Please have a seat."

Walt directs Nash to take a seat at a rectangle table with four chairs sitting on one side of it. On the opposite side to the table sits a large plasma monitor. Walt walks over to a computer sets off to the side of the monitor and begins typing on the keyboard. Within seconds the monitor lights up showing what looks like a small insect.

"What you are seeing is a nanomite highly magnified so that we are able to view it. Using these little guys they are able to transform the bracelets you wore into fully useable gauntlets. How do they do it? Inside are thousands of them. Working in conjunction with each other they are able to quickly build or tear down whatever substance in seconds. If I were to explain the science behind it we would be here for the remainder of the night."

"That's alright Walt, I get the idea," Nash offers.

"Good, good," he says scratching his scraggily beard.

Nash wonders how the man managed to be part of DEP Six looking the way he did and then rationalizes it away. The organization needed the scientists for their brains not brawn.

"Anyway, like I was saying. With the nanomites we are able to take armor, which will provide better protection for you in the field, and make it easier to carry. By making it easier to carry, it creates less hindrance for you and your team. Thus we have created a fully operational suit."

Walt turns to the computer and taps a number of keys causing the monitor to change its image from the nanomite to the strangest looking armor Nash has ever seen up to that point. "Now it may not look like much but I assure you it is more than meets the eye."

"Yeah I'd say so Walt," Nash answers with a chuckle.

"Right, yes. As you can see it looks basic in all appearance it is. Here we have the bracelets coupled with a set of boots, a belt and this," he says pointing to the various pieces on the screen as he calls them out, "the exospine. It attaches to the base of your neck and run down your spine. Now like the bracelets, the nanomites pick up on your thought patterns and viola forms a full set of armor covering your entire body. Unlike normal armor, this is very light yet highly durable and flexible. The helmet has various sight modes including night vision, infrared as well as a few others. Communication is also possible through the suits and concealed from being heard from the outside, thus letting you and your team communicate without the risk of the radio waves being picked up."

"As we could have used in Androka," Nash informs.

"Yes, that was unfortunate they were able to trace the waves. We at least know the encryption held."

"How soon are these suits going to be ready?" Nash asks ignoring the last part.

"They are being finished and inspected as we speak and should be ready in time for your team's next mission."

"How much damage will these take?"

"You have to understand these won't make you invincible. The suits will take point blank damage up to a fifty caliber round and small explosives and will repair. The nanomites, however, are only able to work so fast on repairs and so many times. This armor is only in the beginning stages. Given more time we can improve it and make it more durable. I wish I could guarantee more than the Lieutenant."

"I need it ready before then," Nash says. "I won't send my team into the field with untested armor."

Walt locks eyes with Nash and sees the commander isn't going to budge.

"Then it will be ready."

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 09

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds