• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • The Rent Is Too Damn High

The Rent Is Too Damn High

Cheap Thrills 1:
The Rent is Too Damn High

Part 1

I walked in, picked up my mail off of the end table, and thumbed through it half-heartedly not really expecting any good news. It was the additional student loan bill; however , that grated against my soul like fingernails on a chalk board. I opened it and realized my payments were going to be more than I could afford. I was on the phone right away as I walked into the basement I rented from my land lady and I didn't want her to hear me going off.

The conversation took about an hour and at the end of it I was still stuck. I looked around the finished walls and tried to figure out how I was going to be able to stay there. I was tired after working overtime and talking to the dingle berries for my student aid. The door to the basement opened and I heard Minnie call for me.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes ma'am." sooner or later I was going to have to tell her.

"Well, I cooked extra so if you want something to eat it's in the fridge."

Minnie was like that. She was my landlady but she took care of me too. Her husband had died about 5 years ago, and instead of staying in the big house they had alone she had rented out half of it. She was really sweet and stayed to herself so it worked out, although neither one of us really ever had company over. I was too afraid to bring a chic over and have her getting loud while we were handling what we needed to and Minnie just hadn't been interested ever since she lost her husband.

I sighed in reluctance, filled out a check because rent was due, and went upstairs to eat. I knew whatever she'd made was going to be good, besides good food always kinda brings you out of the doldrums. Minnie was always very courteous, I placed the check on the end table and went to eat. She waited for me to finish eating and as I cleaned the table, Minnie poured me a Jack and Coke. It was a little odd but I picked it up and drank half down. It hit me instantly because I don't usually drink and the warm feeling was welcome.

"I know you like whiskey. We never talked about what kind so I just got you some Jack. How is it?"

"Not bad, whiskey is whiskey if your not paying for it." she smiled quaintly at my comment.

"Wanna sit on the sofa?"

"Sure," I had no idea what else to say. We'd never really spoken before beyond when I first started renting a year ago. Initially it was for a six month contract but after that she had told me to stay as long as I wanted as long as I paid by the fifth.

Minnie sat down and curled her legs under her. The t-shirt she was wearing was old and saggy in the neck tempting me with a view of her beautiful cleavage but stopping far short. I imagined I could smell her pheromones through her breathable cotton pajama bottoms. I was a little uncomfortable sitting with her as I tried not to look for the outline of her bra under that old thin t-shirt.

Opposite her relaxed pose, I sat forward with my elbows on my knees preparing to hide an erection I didn't have, yet, throwing back my drink. I spied her in my peripheral vision as I emptied my glass while she sipped her wine. She got up and made me another without asking me if I wanted one. Her scent wafted up my nose and I caught another glimpse of her soft ass that I'd craved and avoided at all costs possible.

She walked by casually handing me whiskey and sat back down.

"Hard day today?"

"Yep hard day every day really. I've been bustin my ass to make over time."

"Is that workin for you?"

"Not really to be honest. I have student loans to pay and it's getting exorbitant."

"As I heard or overheard, rather."

"Yeah, I figured as much considering the vents in the basement and all. Sound travels through there like someone was standing right next to you. I was pretty pissed, I was trying to be quiet. Guess I didn't do a good job." I rambled nervously.

"Wellm you didn't have to worry about the vents hun. I know you were angry so you probably didn't realize how loud you got sometimes. So are you going to move out?"

"Sorry about that," I raised and lowered my eyebrows as I felt a momentary slight embarassment, "I don't want to Minnie. I really like it here, but I don't know what to do right now."

"Have you ever considered working smarter not harder?"

"What?"

"It was something my husband used to say, work smarter not harder. Make things work for you. Do what you like instead of letting what's going on influence you."

I turned and looked at her contemplating her looks and her ample breasts. She seemed to be a little worked up because the skin around her neck and chin was blushed. I turned away again as I felt my cock inch a little.

"I understand, I just can't think of what to do that would help out beyond strolling the corner." I smiled needing the humor to break the tension. She smiled luxuriously and sipped some more of her wine.

"Charity begins at home."

I nearly choked on the last of my drink as what she said registered in my mind and I felt the stress of trepidation burrow it's fingers into my shoulder blades causing them to pull taunt. Warm air flooded up my nostrils as lust danced through my mind. I was sure I could smell her now. I was positive Minnie was in heat.

"What?"

"Oh, you heard me."

"Yeah, but I can't tell if you were serious."

"I'm serious Carl, and you know it. How often do I have to prance around the house in robes half slipping off of me, short skirts and the like to get your attention? Jesus, if I didn't want to do anything I'm practically begging for you to rape me. I mean really, what woman do you know where's thigh high stockings and doesn't want to fuck?"

It dawned on me that half the times I averted my eyes, she may have thought I was uninterested. If the sound of those vents carried anywhere near what I thought it did when I was downstairs spanking my monkey, she knew exactly what she was doing to me. I felt stupid.

"Well, I mean your my land lady. I didn't want to get kicked out."

"If that's the case you did a shitty job of hiding your wandering eyes hun. I gotta say overall I'm a little disappointed. I expected a young man like you to have done something by now. I know your in your thirties, but I heard black men love to jump on a white woman like me."

I felt like a deer caught in the headlights of a sixteen wheeler.

"Look, I'm to old to play all those games anymore, so pardon my forwardness." she said catching me in her soft brown eyes over the rim of her wine glass.

"Too old? your only 43 and you're gorgeous. So don't feed me that line. What did you expect me to do, just give this too you like it was fast food?" and with that it was her turn to be caught in the headlights. Her fair skin went scarlet with anticipation and anxiety.

"Well, I'm glad we're having this talk then."

"Me too actually. It's not that your unapproachable, it was that I didn't know how to approach you. I know we flirted hear and there but I thought you were just kidding and I thought if I came out with it you would laugh me off or even worse kick me out. In fact to be honest the only reason I asked you if you were serious right now is because you smell so good it's turning me on, I've been drinking, and I figure at this point what else do I have to lose. Either that or this drink is really getting to me."

"It sounds like all of the above. I guess I might have confused you."

"No I was focused on trying to stay here too and get out of this financial quagmire. So what do you want to do about all of this?"

"Fuck you, but you need to understand some things first. A caveat if you will."

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • The Rent Is Too Damn High

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 1031 milliseconds