• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • Homelands Pt. 03 Ch. 06

Homelands Pt. 03 Ch. 06

12345

######################
Part Three picks up where Part Two left off. Be advised that if you haven't read Part One and Part Two, the story may be quite difficult to follow.

This is primarily an incest story, but it is also sci-fi/fantasy, and supernatural elements are not incidental to the plot. Additionally, most chapters will feature elements of other categories, particularly group sex and anal.

All characters are over eighteen. All acts are consensual.
########################

The world was as yet empty but for the land. We were surrounded on all sides by rolling hills, placid lakes, meandering rivers, lightly wooded plains, and, most of all, dense forests. There was not a manmade structure to be seen anywhere.

None, save the stone pavilion I'd created a moment ago, beneath whose arched dome were gathered twelve Orwins. We nibbled at hors d'oeuvres while drinking various alcoholic beverages. Yet one needn't be able to read Libidos to know that we were in a sober mood. If our faces weren't enough of a giveaway, one might also note that we were all more or less fully clothed. There wasn't a bare torso to be found among the men, nor a single woman clad in lingerie. That wasn't exactly typical for us. At least, not when we were in the Homelands.

Each of us had our own reasons for our uncharacteristically somber dispositions. Natalie, Skye, Ismail and Vince had been enjoying quiet lives, away from all the craziness of the Homelands, when their queen informed them that they were no longer welcome in the Third Autumnal Court or any of its properties. Including its echo of the mortal world. They hadn't been imprisoned like the rest of us, but their lives had still been uprooted for no other reason than the fact that they were related to me.

Val seemed keenly aware of the way my own brother and sister stared at me and whispered about me behind my back. Perhaps it was starting to hit home that I wasn't a fairy tale king, and she wasn't a fairy tale princess.

For his part, Josh seemed incapable of smiling so long as his sister was not.

Of everyone there, Todd and Holly came closest to actually enjoying themselves. Or, at least, to convincing the rest of us that they were. But the absence of their children had to be that much harder to forget now that we were in the midst of the Orwin family reunion than it must have been over the past few weeks.

As for myself, Brianna, Mom and Uncle Bobby, there was plenty of tension there. I wasn't sure I would've expected there to be many sincere smiles among the four of us even without politics being thrown into the mix.

And, of course, politics was the reason for the get-together.

Thus far, we hadn't gotten past greetings. But no one seemed particularly inclined to engage in small talk, so it was only a matter of time before we broached the subject.

"You know, I always wondered, why were you worried about her?" I whispered to Brianna after a brief and awkward exchange with Skye.

She shrugged. "She's got more of her mother in her than she thinks. But a good deal of your mother too. Even some of mine. Meaning, she's idealistic, but shrewd, stubborn, and afraid of nothing. Might not have much in the way of power, but that's still a dangerous combination."

Afraid of nothing?

"Are we talking about the same Skye?" I asked.

Brianna sighed. "Ask her what her childhood was like sometime. Specifically, how she found out who and what she is."

"I will," I said, "if she ever decides to talk to me for more than five seconds again."

"That might help, yeah," Brianna said.

"Smartass."

"Is that what you like so much about my ass?" my cousin asked, giving her hips a wiggle. "That it's smart?"

I rolled my eyes. "Should've quit while you were ahead. That was lame."

"Huh," she said. "And here I thought lame jokes were your favorite kind. Or is that only if you're the one telling them?"

That smart ass of hers got a playful slap by way of response.

"I'm gonna go talk to this new uncle of ours," Brianna said, noticing that he'd stepped away from my mother. "Why don't you go talk to your mother? Wouldn't do to have her thinking she's an afterthought, would it?"

No, it wouldn't.

I smiled at my cousin's retreating back. That couldn't have been easy for her to say. Then I cleared my throat, stood up straight, and headed towards my mother.

"So it's divide and conquer, then, is it?" Mom asked with a cold smile. She flicked her eyes towards Brianna and Bobby.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry if it seemed like I was being rude earlier."

Perhaps it had seemed that way because I had been. I'd only been able to stomach a few minutes of pretending to care about getting to know my uncle before I felt the need to pull Brie away under the pretense of needing to go say hi to Todd and Holly. As everyone kept saying, Bobby did in fact seem quite nice. But I just wasn't ready to deal with him.

My mother frowned. "I'm sorry, dear. I just...." She sighed. "I'm sure it's not easy for you. Seeing me with him. I mean, I can't say I love seeing you with her either. But let's just both try to put that aside and start over, okay? It's been too long since we've seen each other. Neither of us wants to start back off this way."

I forced a smile.

Neither of us really wanted to say much about what we'd been through since she left. Inevitably, then, we came back around to the topic du jour.

"So," she said, after a lull in the conversation. "You're really going to step aside? Seriously?" Her voice all but buzzed with excitement.

"Seriously."

"You know, for the longest time, I thought Iva stole you away from me," my mother said. "I realize that's silly," she said holding up her hands in deference to the protest I hadn't even made. "Whatever feelings the two of you might have had for each other, it never went anywhere. I realize that. Part of me almost wishes it had, so maybe you could get it out of your system. Assuming it really is just a crush, the way I'd like to think. But anyway, the point is, I see now that whatever there may or may not have been between the two of you, it was really the throne that split us apart. You might have been tempted by other women, but the reason I felt like your heart no longer belonged to me was because you were more in love with the legacy you thought you were building than you were anything or anyone else." She let that hang there for a moment, then asked, "No?"

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't want to lie. There was something really powerful between me and Iva. The throne didn't help anything, but it might not be fair to say that was all it was."

"I see," she said.

"I'm sorry."

My mother held up a finger. "Stop right there. You don't get to to do that, Frank. Just say that you're sorry and make everything okay."

"I know."

She planted her hands on her hips and glowered at me. Like she would when I'd come home late as a teenager and she'd think I was lying about whether I'd had anything to drink. "If we're going to repair things, it's going to take time. And you need to know that I'm madly in love with my brother. That doesn't mean there's no room for you in my life, but you can't just expect me to shove him aside."

Fair enough. I felt the same about Brianna.

Not that it would be a good idea to point that out.

Of course, I did anyway.

"Same with me and Brie."

"Hmm. 'Me and Brie.' How cute. It even rhymes."

I reached out to put my hand on her shoulder.

She jerked back. Not sharply, but it sent a pretty strong message all the same. My hand fell back to my side.

Had that been why I'd said it? Precisely because I knew it would upset her?

To make her feel what I felt when she told me that she was madly in love with Bobby?

No, I didn't think so. That might have been part of it. But, at the same time, I'd have felt guilty if I hadn't said it. As much as it was disrespectful of my mother's feelings, it would have been doing Brianna an injustice not to say it. Like I was ashamed of her. Or trying to give my mother the impression that I was relatively unattached.

"So. What do you say, is it about time we got down to business?" I asked.

My mother studied me silently for a moment, then gave a curt nod.

This wasn't how it was supposed to happen. Our reunion was supposed to be heartfelt, tearful, joyous, and maybe even lusty. I wanted to scream.

Of course, I realized that it was my fault as much as hers. Not that knowing that made it any easier. But I'd already tried apologizing, and look where that had gotten me.

Perhaps I should have pressed the matter. It might not have been fair that I had to, but since when did fair matter when arguing with your mother? If I wanted to put this awkwardness behind us, it was on me to keep trying to convince her to forgive me.

And I would do just that. Eventually.

For now, I raised my voice and asked everyone if they were ready to discuss the matter of who was to be our first ruler. I then opened things up by saying that I thought it would be best if we could settle the matter by consensus rather than succession ritual. Then I added that I had no interest in the throne myself.

At first, my words were met with silence. Then applause. Todd got it started, but Nat and Skye and the twins quickly joined in.

Brianna slipped up beside me and rubbed my back. "I'm sorry, baby."

"It's okay," I said, kissing the top of her head. "You were right, by the way."

"Of course I was," she replied. "But I wasn't going to say anything. You're more than welcome to say my 'I told you so's for me anytime you want, though. Just FYI."

That got a grin out of me.

A quick scan of the crowd confirmed that Val was more upset by the applause than I was. It was one thing that I wasn't going to try to be king again. It was quite another to see how pleased everyone was to hear it. The poor girl.

Why did the look on her face upset me more than the exchange with my mother had?

Maybe I was actually hoping to have things go poorly with Mom?

It would at least spare me from having to make any difficult decisions.

Or maybe I just cared more about keeping my baby girl happy than I'd realized. And not just in the way that men of our kind usually tried to put smiles on their daughter's faces. I really wanted her to be happy.

"Wait, what about her?" Skye asked Todd, jerking her thumb towards Brianna. As if she wasn't even there. "Maybe he's just stepping aside so his girlfriend can take power again."

"No, no," Brianna said, stepping forward. She held her hands up to quiet everyone down before they could even react to Skye's words. "Count me out." She looked over her shoulder at me. Our eyes met briefly. Then she turned back towards the rest of the family and gestured towards Natalie. "Nat? Care to show your brother and I how it's done?"

"Me?" my sister said, eyes wide.

"Why not?" Todd said. "I think that's a great idea."

"I don't know," she said.

"That would work for me," Skye said. "Be nice to see someone on the throne who wasn't so desperate to get there, for a change."

Eventually, my sister said that she'd agree to take the throne, but only if there was universal support for her to do so. If even one of us thought someone else would be better, she said, she'd refuse.

It didn't take long, though, to establish that it was in fact unanimous.

Next thing I knew, Natalie was holding court, despite the fact that we hadn't even had a coronation ceremony yet. She chose Skye as her Shadow, which stung a little, and disappointed Val even more so, but was probably a smart move. We discussed, all of us, as equals, the need for a relatively open policy regarding those seeking asylum, and what we were going to do about the inevitable problem of immortals from all over the Homelands flocking to our court in order to Devour hapless refugees. And many other matters besides.

A few hours later, I was exhausted, but glad to see that my sister was already proving to be the kind of ruler I'd always wanted to think I could be, but never had been.

#

"Mmm, that was great, Mom," Brianna said. "You'll have to give Frank the recipe."

Ellen and I both laughed.

"It was really good. As always," my father-in-law added.

"Thank you," Brianna's mother said to them both as she gathered up empty plates.

"You know, she only pretends she can't cook," I said, following the example of my mother-in-law. "Every now and then, like when I get sick, she decides to take over in the kitchen. And then the truth comes out." I paused before picking up my wife's plate. "Isn't that right, honey?" I asked, before planting a quick kiss on her nose.

"I don't know what he's talking about," Brianna said.

"She's just afraid of you forcing a bunch of recipes on her, and then calling her every few days to ask if she's tried them," I explained to Ellen as I followed her over to the sink. "So now that I've revealed her secret, you have to promise not to do that. Because, if you do, I'll be sleeping on the couch for weeks."

Ellen laughed again. "Is that so?" She gave me a devilish grin. "Maybe I don't care if she refuses to let you sleep in her bed. You probably deserve it, even if not for this."

"Amen to that," Brianna called from the table.

"What's for dessert?" Bobby asked.

I hid a snicker to myself at that. It was such a Bobby question to ask, on so many levels.

I wasn't sure why I didn't like my father-in-law more than I did. One the one hand, if he had a sense of humor, even a lame one, he did a damn good job of hiding it. On the other, I knew that wasn't it. He was one of the nicest guys I ever met, and that made up for a lot.

There was something it wasn't making up for though. I just wasn't sure what.

"Ice cream sundaes," Ellen replied, raising her voice to be heard over the running water. "We've got chocolate and vanilla ice cream, chocolate or caramel syrup, sprinkles, and crumbled Oreos." She turned to me. "Speaking of which, dear, would you mind setting everything up? You can leave the ice cream in the freezer for now, but get out some bowls and the fixin's. You know where everything is, right?"

I did.

Did it make sense that I did?

That was a strange thought. Why shouldn't I?

Something was off though. I had no idea what, and I probably shouldn't have been worrying about it. Should be content to just go with the flow. We were having about as much fun as a young married couple can have when visiting the wife's parents. But throughout dinner, it had been bugging me.

"Trivial Pursuit? Or bridge?" Bobby called from the dinner table.

"Please, no more bridge!" Brianna howled.

"Seriously," I added. "Every time we play, my hips and knees start to ache, and I start thinking I've got arthritis. I'll be filing for Social Security before you know it."

"Well, I guess that settles that," Ellen said, smirking. "Glad to know that's what you think of us." She looked down at her body. "For somebody as old as you seem to think I am, though, I'd say I'm in pretty decent shape."

"If you say so," I said.

Which earned me a splash of soapy water.

She did in fact look good for her age, though. Not that she or Bobby were nearly as old as my comment would have suggested anyway. They were only in their early fifties. And both could pass for a decade younger. Ellen probably wasn't what most guys had in mind when they talked about MILFs. A bit on the heavy side, even for those who liked their women voluptuous. And she wasn't anywhere near as pretty as her daughter. Nor, to judge from old photographs, had she been in her youth.

But this was not the first time I found myself wishing my wife was built a little more like her mother. Other men might not understand why, but I found it really hard not to stare at Ellen. Especially, but not exclusively, her amazing tits.

Feeling flushed, I forced the goofy smile off my face and turned to the cupboard.

#

"Mmm, not tonight, honey," Brianna moaned when I started to slip her panties down.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said. "Just tired. And not really in the mood."

"Okay." I pulled the blanket up higher, kissed her shoulder, and laid back down.

"If you're really worked up, maybe you can go see if my mother's awake."

"Whoa. That came out of nowhere."

"Really?" she asked. "You don't think it maybe was brought on by the flirting the two of you were doing with each other all night? Damn, Frank, I know you said you're not really into younger women, but I thought that just a way to make me feel better about the fact that I'm a few years older than all your friends' wives. My fucking mother, though?"

Brianna rolled over to face me. Her emerald green eyes were wide and her nostrils flaring. I wasn't sure if that was better or worse than if her anger was more towards the explosive end of the spectrum. The fights that started off that way were always worse, but they also ended quicker. When her anger was more akin to a bed of coals than a raging inferno, it could stay hot for hours. Days, even.

"I was being nice," I said, trying to keep my voice calm. If she thought I was being defensive, things would only get worse. "I guess you could say it was flirty, yeah. But I was just trying to flatter her. Not seduce her."

"Maybe you should explain the difference to her. Cuz she was getting pretty worked up."

"So? Good for Bobby," I said.

Wrong. Fucking. Answer.

"You noticed, then? And didn't stop?"

"No, Brie, honey, I didn't notice. In fact, it still doesn't seem that way to me, but I know better than to argue with you. So I'll take your word for it."

"Oh, I get it. I'm overreacting, but you're not in the mood for a fight, so you're going to humor me." she asked. "Lovely."

I drew a deep breath. "I didn't say that."

"Well, that's what it sounded like," she said. "And damn if that wouldn't be just like you. Mister Peace-At-Any-Price."

"I wasn't humoring you. Your mother didn't seem to me to be sexually aroused. But she's your mother, and you're better at reading people in general, so if it seemed that way to you, I can only assume that you're right. If you'd said something to me at the time, I'd have stopped. I was just trying to be charming. I want your parents to like me."

"Funny. Didn't see you trying so hard to flatter my father."

"That's different."

"Sure it is. You don't suck cock, do you?"

"Okay, I walked into that one," I said, with a smile.

A faint smirk cracked my wife's otherwise solid mask. But she corrected it quickly. "Stop. This isn't funny. Case you hadn't noticed, we're having a fight."

I put my hand on the back of her head, delighting at the feel of her silky hair, and pulled her a little closer so I could kiss the top of her head. "I know. And I want you to know that it's important to me to understand where you're coming from. But I also want you to know that I love you. A lot. Even when you're angry with me."

I'd only been saying what I felt at that moment. There really hadn't been any strategy to it. But my words had an entirely welcome side effect. It was as if I'd thrown a bucket of cold water on her bed of coals. The sigh she let out was the steam rising up afterwards. After that, the heat was all but gone.

"You don't fight fair," she said, before planting a soft kiss on my lips. "I thought the downside of marrying a nerd would be all the lame jokes and cheesy movies. But no. It's this. Most of the time, it's like you haven't got a clue, but every now and then, you know exactly what to say. Just when I don't want you to."

I laughed before giving her a kiss of my own.

"But, seriously, why do you keep acting like you wish my father didn't exist? It's so awkward. I might not even have thought you were flirting with my mother if not for that."

12345
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Incest/Taboo
  • /
  • Homelands Pt. 03 Ch. 06

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 515 milliseconds