• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Justine Ch. 04

Justine Ch. 04

12

Justine looked at the phone in her hand for a few seconds before tossing it onto the bed. The voice sounded vaguely familiar but she just couldn't place it. In her past life she had learned to leave things alone and eventually the memory or whatever it was would come back to her. She didn't see why it should be any different now. The urge to rest had passed so she opened up her laptop again and pulled up vampires again. Like before she was overwhelmed with the amount of information there was about a life form that until she had been turned she really hadn't believed in but then there was the ease in which she accepted this new life.

She started her search again with finding out how one was turned. The prevailing theory was that one had to be bitten, and there were varying opinions on how many times the victim had to be bitten before they were turned. The number of bites required ranged from one to seven and all of the accounts agreed on one thing, the new vampire needed a guardian or an experienced vampire to help them survive.

She found that interesting because she had been doing just fine on her own. She wondered what that meant but then things had always come easy for her; she had also never been one to cry over what she did or didn't have. Whatever was thrown at her, she took it and kept moving. It was that determination that got her through school and into the law firm that she was currently employed at.

"Shit!" She cursed remembering her job. She would have to call in; there was no help for it. The rent on her apartment was paid up three months in advance as were all of her bills. She found herself grateful that she was a planner; she could concentrate on totally on what was happening with her now.

Her next thought was about Pam and where she was. The one thing that she was sure of was that she wasn't dead, she would have known it, she would have felt her die but time was running out.

"Where in the hell are you?" Justine asked into the air.

*******

Pam lay on the bed wondering what had just happened. She was all set to go and Malcolm had just taken off like a bat out of hell. As she lay there she had to wonder if Malcolm was sensing the changes in her and if that wasn't why he left so suddenly. If that was the case then she had to be more careful, she had to keep acting like the scared, insecure woman that was brought here. The question was whether he would buy it or not.

She was no longer worried about Justine; she knew that she was alright just as she knew that Justine was coming for her. Pam felt a pang of guilt that she even doubted her. In all of the time that they had been friends and that had been all through college and law school Justine had become the sister that her real sister never was. They studied, cried and passed the BAR together but the icing on the cake was getting hired at the same law firm together.

For a short time they talked about renting an apartment together but decided not to. They were such an unlikely pair to become best friends that were closer than most blood sisters and.... "Justine has always carried me." Pam thought to herself and here she was waiting for Justine to rescue her again instead of trying to help herself and Justine. It was time for that to change starting now.

**********

Mikhail thought about all that he had been told and observed about Justine Graves. That she was highly intelligent and versatile there was no doubt and those were two things that he respected in a being no matter the sex. There was something about her that intrigued him much as it had Jeremiah except that his intrigue ran to the hows and not to the physical appearance as Jeremiah's did even though he didn't admit to it. He thought back over the conversation that he had with Jeremiah, something was very off about it, "He's lying about something." Mikhail said to himself. He let the thought go for a moment and thought about Justine, "just who and what are you?" he asked, "you figured out how to feed , vanish and protect yourself all without the benefit of a mentor, how did you know to do those things?"

Mikhail walked around the penthouse stopping in front of the large window. He looked at the twinkling lights and wondered where Justine was. One of his strongest skills was being able to smell his prey no matter where they were but he caught not even the slightest whiff of Justine since he was in her apartment. Hiding her scent was yet another ability that she shouldn't have had but yet she did. He was also sure that she was stumbling across her gifts not realizing that she had them until the need for them arose and then she quickly adapted and moved on. A man could do much worse than to have a mate such as her but there was something else, Jeremiah was afraid of this woman and Mikhail wondered why, what else was there besides her having gifts that she shouldn't have been able to use without guidance?

Mikhail vanished from the room to the grocery store from which Justine had done her vanishing act. He casually walked through the store looking for the vampire who in his excitement tipped Justine off. He found the nervous vampire working behind the counter in the meat section. As soon as he saw Mikhail he blinked rapidly and began to panic.

"Settle yourself." Mikhail said softly, "I only want to talk to you."

"About what?" he asked nervously.

"What is your name?" Mikhail asked in that same soothing voice.

"J....Junior Tibbs."

"Junior, you have no need to fear me." Mikhail said, "I only wish to ask you about the woman."

"What about her?" Junior asked looking as if he was ready to run.

"Tell me about your conversation with her, what you noticed about her and leave nothing out."

Mikhail listened intently as Junior told him about Justine's visit to the store. He stopped him when at the point where Justine told him not to lie.

"She said that?" Mikhail asked.

"Yessir."

"And she knew that more guards were coming and yet she stayed to question you?"

"Yessir." Junior replied. "I thought that kind of odd myself and the next thing I knew... she was gone."

"Was anyone or anything with her?" Mikhail asked.

"I didn't see anything but the security guy up front might have." Junior said pointing his chin at the front door.

Mikhail made his way to the front of the store to find the security guard who was also vampire. The question that he had was this, he could understand why Junior couldn't or didn't stop Justine but this man was much older than Junior and Justine and had powers so why couldn't he stop her? Unlike Junior, this one wasn't nervous or afraid as he didn't avert his eyes from Mikhail's.

"Help you with something?" he asked a challenge in his voice.

"Yes, I have questions about the night that the woman vanished from here."

"Who in the hell wants to know?" the guard asked standing to his full six feet six inch height.

Mikhail recognized it for what it was; the vampire was trying to intimidate him. He smiled politely at the posturing guard before speaking.

"I am called Mikhail...."

That was all that he got out. The vampire paled, everyone knew who Mikhail was, he had even used Mikhail's name to get his children to behave and now Mikhail was stranding in front of him.

"My apologies!" the guard gushed, "I didn't realize...."

"Tell me of that night." Mikhail said disregarding the apology.

"Was there someone or something with her?" Mikhail asked when the guard finished talking.

"I don.... There was a dog."

"What kind of dog?"

"A dog, you know what the humans call a mutt." the guard replied.

"Did it seem to be more than it was? In other words was it really a dog?" Mikhail asked.

The guard hesitated in thought, "It sure as hell looked like nothing more than a dog." he said after a few moments.

"After she vanished, where did the dog go?"

"It ran that way toward city hall." the guard replied.

"One more question," Mikhail said, "You are much older than she is and she is a newborn, why did you not stop her?"

The guard looked around to see if anyone was listening, "she told me not to." he whispered.

"She what?" Mikhail asked.

"She told me not to stop her and so I didn't."

Mikhail was getting an itch at the nape of his neck and he was beginning to understand why Jeremiah was afraid of this woman, there was much more to her than met the eye and that dog....

*******

Quinn couldn't get her out of his mind. The only time he didn't consciously think of her was when he was asleep but when he work up it was with her on his mind and a hard on that just wouldn't quit, he felt like a pervert because he was always aroused when he thought about her. He was beginning to wonder about his sanity and he felt as though he was entering stalker mode but he couldn't help it. He was at a loss as to why he was feeling such strong feelings for a woman that he had only met twice.

The only other time that she didn't dominate his thoughts was when he was at work, more specifically the old woman's house. He didn't know why but he always felt a measure of peace there even with Leila's constant complaining and bitching about everything including why he wouldn't go out with her. As long as he was inside of those walls it didn't matter but as soon as he left, Leila's voice sounded like that of a harpy and for whatever reason, that day he couldn't take her or her comments any longer.

"Come on Quinn." Leila cooed, "One drink and then we can...."

"Leila I don't want to have a drink or anything else with you don't you get that?" Quinn asked. "I don't even want to talk to you but since we work together I have to so let's keep it on a professional level shall we?"

He didn't give her a chance to answer but turned and walked away knowing that Leila could and probably would cause trouble for him. Quinn didn't notice that they were being watched and neither did Leila. Had she known that there was someone around she wouldn't have approached Quinn. As far as she was concerned everyone who lived in the house with the old woman was a bunch of religious fanatics. Why else would a bunch of people live together with an old woman who looked like she was a thousand years old?

She had never seen any of them but knew that they were there simply because she had seen evidence of other people living in the house. She was a snoop and on occasion a thief except that she hadn't stolen from this house even though there was plenty to steal. She had the feeling that to steal from the old woman was a very bad idea and she was always one to listen to her instincts except where Quinn O'Dell was concerned; she just couldn't leave him alone...

She got this job under the recommendation of a friend who couldn't do the job himself. The only stipulation was that she had to meet the old woman Miss Violet Rose Rhodes before the job was officially offered to her. She remembered how the old woman had weirded her out with her eyes whose pupils were completely white and her bony claw like hands that were as cold as ice. She felt as though the old woman was looking deep inside of her and could see everything that she had ever done in her life. Even remembering the meeting gave her the chills.

The interview lasted no more than thirty minutes and it was thirty minutes too long as far as Leila was concerned but in the end she got the job. What she hadn't counted on was meeting someone who looked like Quinn O'Dell. From the very moment she saw him she had to have him, what increased the desire was that he made no moves on her whatsoever. It both angered and perplexed her, men always without fail stuttered and tripped whenever they saw her except for this one and she wanted to know why.

Quinn grabbed his coat, hat and gloves and went outside before Leila recovered and wanted to talk to him. As soon as he stepped outside into the cold January air thoughts of his unnamed woman came to mind along with the hard on. He heard the door open behind him and he quickly held his coat in front of him to hide his erection.

"What's wrong with me?" Leila demanded her eyes blazing.

"Nothing," Quinn replied, "you're just not my type."

"And what is your type?

"Not you." Quinn replied and started walking away.

"Men, is that it?" Leila asked. "You like men?"

"You aren't going to let this go are you?" Quinn asked hating the fact that he was going to do one of three things, make her angry, hurt her feelings ort a combination of the two. He didn't want to do any of the above; he just wanted her to leave him alone.

"I want to know why you don't find me attractive."

"Leila..."

"Why?" she demanded not knowing why it was so important to her.

"Alright," Quinn said, "You want to know why I'm not attracted to you. Well I can tell you that it's not because of your looks. You're a beautiful woman on the outside but you're crass, rude and a general pain in the ass. Maybe some men like to be told that they're going to be fucked but I'm not one of them. I like my women strong and decisive but there's a fine line that crosses into domineering and that isn't cool with me."

Leila stared at him, no one had ever spoken to her like that and it didn't sit well with her.

"I could have you fired!" she hissed.

"Yeah you could." Quinn agreed, "And maybe I'll just quit and save you the trouble."

"Leila, a moment please." a soft voice said through the crack of the door.

Leila paled, it was Miss. Rhodes.

********

Justine spent the entire day sifting through the information on the internet regarding vampirism. There was so much information that her head spun. She suddenly remembered two things, one-Buddy hadn't been walked or even given any indication that he had to go our and two-she still hadn't tried to see if she could eat real food. She knew that it was late enough that she could take Buddy out without the being any issues as far as the sunlight but she didn't want to risk being seen.

"Gotta go?" she asked the dog.

Buddy gave her one of his "are you crazy?" looks and put head down on his paws and closed his eyes.

"What in the hell are you?" Justine asked now convinced that Buddy might be a dog but he was a dog with secrets.

No time like the present Justine thought as she sat the laptop on the bed and headed to the small kitchen. She picked up the can of chicken noodle soup and looked at it before finally opening it. Very slowly she brought the can of soup up to her nose and sniffed at it ready to fling it away if the smell was too offensive.

She poured the contents of the can into a bowl and heated it in the microwave, let it cool and attempted to take her first bite of human food. As soon as the hot liquid touched her tongue, she spat it out. Buddy raised his head and looked at her.

"Here you go." Justine said setting the bowl of soup on the floor, "it's all yours"

Buddy got up, stretched and walked over to the bowl of soup. He looked it and gingerly stuck his tongue into the broth and gagged.

"I knew it!" Justine exclaimed, "You're not a dog are you?"

She could have sworn that the dog smiled and then winked at her as he padded away back to his resting spot.

Justine picked the bowl up from the floor and poured the contents down the garbage disposal before going back to her research. She froze as she felt someone looking for her. In her mind, she slammed what she considered to be the doorway to her existence shut.

******

Mikhail jumped as he felt and heard the "door" slam. "What in the hell?" he asked shocked. He was now more convinced than ever that Justine was much, much more than she had appeared to be when she was human and that the change had awaken whatever she was. He also knew something else, Jeremiah Mathers knew that as well as he did and he had no intentions of helping Justine but the opposite.

"What to do?" he mused as he thought about his options. One thing was clear, he wasn't going to give her to Jeremiah Mathers and he was going to keep the money. That left him two options, find her and see what he could do to help her to level out the playing field or just go back home and let Jeremiah find her himself.

He knew with a certainty that she wouldn't be found until she was ready to be found and when she was..... What he also wanted to know and Jeremiah had never answered him was why the lack of concern for the other woman. He decided to find out, instead of looking for Justine, he was going to start investigating Jeremiah Mathers and his firm- something just wasn't right.

********

"Have you spoken to her this evening?"

"Not yet." Zoë replied, "I was planning on calling her within the hour."

"Good." the ancient voice whispered, "so tell me, what do you think of our Justine Graves?"

"She is very strong," Zoë replied, "and she always has been. The fact that she is surviving without instruction attests to that. The fact that we can't find her is another testament to her innate talents and knowledge. If she is this powerful untrained, can you imagine what she will be like trained?"

"We must find her." the ancient voice said.

*********

Jeremiah paced, this wasn't going as planned. He had expected to have Justine in his custody by now and if not that at least her location. So far Mikhail had failed to deliver and now his sniveling nephew was worried about the woman Pam. Malcolm was right about one thing and it was too late to do anything about it, he should have just let Pam go and taken the hit for it.

If he did it now it would raise more suspicions and Mikhail was already suspicious. He should have come up with a better story about Pam he realized, he should have acted more concerned .... "Too late now" he mused. The one thing that he could do was to get rid of Pam early. He would offer her buyer a discounted rate for taking her untrained at least that way Mikhail wouldn't find her....

He picked up the phone and called the buyer who was more than willing to take Pam early especially if it saved him several hundred thousand dollars.

"Perfect, you can pick her up tonight." Jeremiah said relieved. The next call was to Malcolm.

"Have her ready but don't tell her that she is being moved, he's coming for her tonight."

******

Malcolm breathed a sigh of relief, the longer he was with Pam the more nervous he became. He no longer cared that he didn't get to fuck her, he just wanted her gone. His anxiety increased when he thought about Justine.

"Shit!" he cursed out loud, he and Jeremiah had just placed themselves in what humans called the "catch 22" position. They had only compounded their problems, if Justine figured out where Pam was..... "Fuck!" Malcolm exclaimed, it wasn't a matter of if, it was a matter of when Justine came looking.

His stomach clenched at the thought angering him, "she's a damned newborn!" he growled but newborn or not, he was afraid of her and if he didn't leave, she was going to kill him. He no longer cared about Jeremiah, he had been warned and chose to ignore the warnings.

It was decided; as soon as Pam was gone he was leaving without telling anyone where he was going.

*******

Zoë walked around her spacious bedroom. She had been at the house for two years now, she really didn't remember too many of the details surrounding how she ended up living at the house but she knew that she had been a lawyer and a damned good one at that.

She remembered it being a Thursday night and Malcolm had begged her to go out for dinner and a drink. Against her better judgment she agreed mostly because she found Malcolm incredibly sexy with his dark good looks and she couldn't believe that he was interested in someone like her.

Not that she was ugly even anything close to it but she was innately shy except for when she was in the courtroom but it was her shyness that men saw first and they didn't approach her. She remembered how flattered she was when Malcolm approached her; she blushed as she remembered how hard her nipples got when he looked at her and that smile....

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Justine Ch. 04

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds