• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • A Love Lost, A Love Gained Ch. 02

A Love Lost, A Love Gained Ch. 02

12

This is the continuation of the first part of the story. Remember this is the truth. I am telling this in detail with Miranda still by my side. I have changed our last names so that we do not have to worry about being recognized.

Let's pick up where we left off shall we?

*

I felt her squeeze down on my fingers as she came into my mouth. I smiled and gently climbed on top of her. I let my hard dick gently press up against her wet slit. As I slid inside I felt her shudder. She took the whole 8 inches though. I let her adjust to me being inside of her and we slowly and passionately made love...

I awoke the next morning to the feeling of soft silk sheets, a warm comforter, an arm brushed up against mine.

WHAT!? An arm on mine? Slowly the nights events started coming to me. I looked beside me and there slept quite peacefully the most incredible person I had ever met.

I was so awestruck by her ability to love. She had put aside her feelings for me all this time while I had been a frequent at her hotel. I had been there numerous times over the 2.5 years I dated Jessica. We had stayed on the same floor. Had the same faded smiles every time we came and almost always the first night wore roughly the same thing.

For me it had always been blue jeans, a pair of running shoes, and a white t to top it all off. If the weather wasn't particularly nice I wore a jacket or coat over my shirt but it was always the same thing.

I am a creature of habit and when I get comfortable with something I stick to it. This would explain why I had worked in the same factory ever since I had gotten out of the military. I was so comfortable that even when I had to move out of Indiana I requested that I be transferred to the same company's factory in Arkansas.

Jessica was always wearing her skirt, a tank top (blue) and pair of house slippers. Don't ask, I never did and never understood why she would always wear that. It was nice though. We both knew what the other would wear. This would soon be the subject of mine and Miranda's first argument.

I had just gotten up out of bed and put on a pair of jeans and a white t shirt. I quickly shaved and cleaned off my face. Sat at the table and started browsing the classifieds to find anyone looking for a ring and for any possible jobs available in the area.

Don't get me wrong I loved my job in Arkansas. I loved a few aspects of the place I had. I enjoyed the fertile creature comforts there. However, I knew it wasn't for me. I had just seen how good life could be if I stepped out of my box. If I broke free of my comfort zone and I was almost nervous for when Miranda came out.

I started coffee when I heard her moving around in the bedroom.

"Good morning, sleep well?" I asked.

"Well enough. What the hell was that last night?!" She said with a note of laughter in her voice.

"Not sure, some people call it sex. Is there something else it's called up here?"

"Shut it you!" She reached in and grabbed a coffee cup and poured herself a cup.

I looked back at the paper and she noticed how intently I was combing through the paper.

"Searching it for bombs Mike?" She asked.

"Nah a job and a pawn shop." I replied dryly.

She just sat there and looked at me. I don't knew how she took my rather blatant and flat answer.

"What?!" She asked. Her voice decidedly more upbeat. "Mike if you are messing with me I'll kill you!"

"What? I want to get rid of that ring, and I don't know that I want to move back into my apartment where I have a lot of bitter sweet memories. Besides, someone offered to let me stay a little longer than a week here. House has grown on me." I retorted. "Besides breaking out of my shell might be good for me."

"I don't know what to say Mike, if you are just staying for me I have to tell you to leave. I don't want you to uproot everything about yourself for me."

I thought about it for a moment and sat the paper down. "Miranda. The past week has opened my eyes to a new life. To a new world. Arkansas has nothing there for me. Sure, a job. One I love. I might be able to get a job in a factory here under a different company. If that's possible I'd love to stay up here. Even if you and I decide not to date I would love to live here in this town." I wasn't lying about that. Plattsburgh had grown on me in a big way. "Besides. All of my friends are here. All one of them." I grinned at her with this and picked my paper back up.

"Mike you don't know what this means to me. As far as not dating, I think you'll have a harder time getting rid of me than catching me. You still haven't asked me out or anything yet, last night doesn't mean we are dating. You never asked me to be your girlfriend or anything."

I set the paper on the table and got down on one knee in front of her. Strange, it wasn't long ago I did this in front of someone else for very different reasons. "Miranda. I'd be really honored if you would be the girl that I call very proudly my significant other, my girlfriend, the very breath of me. Please date me. I sure don't know what I'd do without you!" I made it so theatrical because I knew she would say yes or last night wouldn't have happened.

"Mike you smartass. Ofcourse I will be your girlfriend, I was just messing with you. One rule though." She laughed as she kissed me.

"What's that hun?" I got up and headed to the cupboard to get a coffee cup.

"I will let you take a few weeks to get work, but you gotta work. I can't support us both." She said seriously.

"Don't worry I'll be back to work before you know it." I filled my cup and rejoined her at the table.

"Mind if I use your phone? Need to call down south and get some of my basics shipped up here. I know a guy that will take care of everything for me." I asked quietly.

"It's our phone until further notice. Do what you need to."

"Thanks, I'll just be a minute." I dialed the number to the factory from memory. "Mr. Parse please... Yes, Mr. Parse, this is Mike Schwartz. Hey. Yeah, I am sorry to have to do this over the phone. I got a lot of things going on in my life and... Yes, yes I am. Yeah. I'm calling from her phone number. Miranda? Yeah my girlfriend. Me and Jess didn't exactly end on good terms which is what I'm calling about. I'm moving in with Miranda... Really? Well I appreciate it. Can you do me a favor though? I need some of my stuff shipped up. I will pay the shipping and handling fees if you can just get it here." I looked at Miranda and did the little victory fist pump that all of us guys are famous for. "Yes sir! I will... Of course!"

"That seemed to go smooth enough?" Miranda had the most wonderful look on her face of shock and surprise. "What the hell was that conversation about?!"

"Mr. Parse was the guy that I had to report to when I first got down there. He is making a phone call to the lumber company his brother runs over near the lake. He needs drivers apparently!"

"REALLY!" She was almost yelling at this point. "Oh my god Mike that's amazing. I'm so happy for you."

"Looks like I have to get cleaned up. He is shipping everything up I just have to email him the details. Looks like Karma does exist!" I exclaimed.

We sat and ate in relative silence. Pancakes, eggs, and a bit of sausage. After eating Miranda looked at me and told me to grab some clothes.

"These are clothes..." I looked at her with a bit of a protest.

"That is for checking into hotels and sitting around the house. We gotta get you ready for the day! You need to get some warmer work clothes if you are gonna get this job." She said pointedly.

"Just what the hell is wrong with wearing jeans and a white t outside?" I said.

"Mike... Do not argue this point with me. You won't win. Just get dressed in something other than undergarments and we can get you some proper clothes for work."

"I don't see what's wrong with working in a white t... Most guys I know do the same. They are made so cheap for that reason so you can work in them." I argued.

"Christ Mike... Just do what I said. I don't like seeing you walk around outdoors in a white t. People will think you are ignorant around here. It's just not done. Get dressed in something proper." I just looked at her and put my hands up in defeat.

"You know. One day you'll thank me for this Mike." She stated as I walked out of the room.

I put on a long sleeve shirt and went back to the kitchen. "Happy?"

"Mike don't be like this. I'm just trying to help you get this job and to help you get out of your shell."

"I just don't understand it. Maybe it's just a different culture than what I'm used to."

"Whatever, you'll see what I mean when you go to work."

"Alright. What did you want to do for the rest of the day?" I said changing the subject.

"I don't care. We can go out and look for more work stuff for you. You'll probably need new boots for this place, unless you have steel toes. Most of the lumber companies around here require them."

"My steeltoes are on the way up. Still have a good bit of life in them. I have some warmer clothes but not much. I'll need a new coat for sure."

"Gimme a chance to get dressed and we will head out to the mall."

I finished my coffee and found a personal ad for someone wanting to buy an engagement ring. The price they were willing to pay wasn't quite what I wanted to get rid of it for but I could live with it.

I decided to call them later on. I forked down a bit more of my breakfast before setting my dish in the sink and rinsing it off. I went and looked through my clothes in the guest closet. There really wasn't anything special in it... Maybe I should sell the ring first so I could go out and get some new clothes.

I called the number and we agreed to meet at the mall to sell the ring.

"Miranda already made some cash!" I yelled into the bedroom. Guy wants to buy the ring off of me. Looks like things are gonna work out afterall eh?"

"Good stuff. I'll be out in a minute, see you in the kitchen." Her hurried tone bothered me a bit. I hoped she wasn't upset about our little tiff at the table. "Ready when you are Mike."

"You okay hun?" I asked. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to be so snappy about it all."

"Water under the bridge. Let's get you to the mall huh?" She said softly. I loved when she spoke to me with that tone. It is so soothing. Relaxing.

We got to the mall and met the guy at the food court.

"Is this the ring?" He said with a look of wonder in his eyes. "God that looks nice, sorry you don't need it anymore."

"Hey it's all yours. Hope it works out better for you than for me." I didn't mention that it is never a good idea to buy an engagement ring from a failed engagement.

"Thanks man! Means the world to me. Hope you two have a good day!" He was so giddy that he left the mall in the biggest rush I had ever seen.

"Poor sap. I'd hate to hear it didn't work between him and his girl." I said to Miranda shaking my head.

"What you mean? Just because you and Jess broke up doesn't mean all engagements are bad! We aren't all heartless you know!" She seemed genuinely upset.

I put an arm around her and pulled her close. I gave her a soft kiss to reassure her that I knew what she had meant.

"Of course not hun. I wouldn't have spent the past week with you if I thought that for a minute." I said with a hint of glee in my voice. "Besides I need you to do me a favor... Go find me a few shirts? I got something I need to take care of."

"Uhm okay? Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yup, all is well. Just remember, I'm a large. You don't wanna see me in a tight shirt. Got to get rid of this gut before I start wearing those." I pushed my belly out and waddled a bit.

This drew a laugh and a smack on the back of the head from her.

"Alright you keep your secrets mister. I'll see you in a half hour here in the food court?"

"As if. I won't need that long and I'm sure you'll need longer." I laughed. "Besides I will go looking for you when I am done." We parted company and I headed off to the nearest jewelery store. I wanted to get her something nice for being so good to me.

I picked out a nice but unassuming necklace. It was on a thin silver chain and had a ruby stone set in it. I liked the way it looked and figured she would probably like it because it wasn't over the top.

After making my purchase I went off in search of her. I found her in a small clothing store towards the rear of the mall.

"Excuse me miss? Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked and hid my accent to the best of my ability.

"For the last time no. I don't need help..." She turned and looked at me. "Oh, I'm so sorry Mike. They keep bothering me in here, I didn't know it was you."

I laughed at her and gave her a hug. "Did you find anything to dress me up in?" I asked. She pulled a few shirts off her arm that she had picked out.

"These would look so good on you. They were on sale and I think that you could do with some color. Here try them on in the back there."

I had my orders. I went and tried them on and I had to admit she was good. She had found a few shirts that had to have been tailored for me. They weren't something I would even look at but they fit me very well and I even thought I looked good in them.

"Well you did very good hun, I have to admit I like them more than I thought I would have. You're good at this. Take in strangers often?" I laughed.

"No, but I have to ask where did you disappear to earlier?" She had an intensity in her eyes when she asked that almost made me crumble.

"Mmmm Not telling. You'll find out later. They got sport coats here?" I asked dismissing her questioning. "I need a good one.."

"You suck. I just hope you know that." She said sarcastically.

"Cool, let's find me a sport coat." I giggled. There is something great about pulling one over on someone. About knowing something someone else is dying to know.

We picked out a grey dinner jacket and some pants to match. After our busy day we headed back to the house and it was pushing four in the afternoon.

"Mike I'm starving. What you want to eat?" She asked.

"Glad you asked, put on a nice dress." I said slyly enough to keep her intrigued and I went and got into the dinner coat and got ready for what I had in store for her.

We met in the living room and she took my breath away in the black dress she had on.

"Wow... You look amazing. Oh yeah, we have dinner reservations at the new resto in town!" I uttered like an idiot.

"You don't look too bad yourself. You clean up pretty good for a redneck Mikey. What time is the reservation for?"

"Five Thirty... Let's get going. They usually have lines there and I don't like waiting too long." We got in the car and she had let me drive. There is something about driving a Mercedes that is simply delectable. We got to our destination safely and let the valet take her car around back.

"Schwartz, two for Five Thirty." The man just looked at me. It was like he was lost in translation. "Hello?"

"Yes sorry sir. Let me get you to your seats." I noticed why he was so lost. I looked down at Miranda and saw her dress had a really low cut. I hadn't noticed it over her legs at first but damn this was cut to kill.

"You know, I think he was checking you out hun. I don't know whether to be jealous or flattered. Think I'll go with flattered." I grinned and we walked hand in hand to the table.

"Our drink selection is in the middle of your menus and the special today is the baseball cut tenderloin. Feel free to take a moment and I will be right back to take care of you." Our waiter then disappeared into the hustle of his duties.

"What will you be having hun? I heard they had a great selection of wines here." I asked, noting the look in her eye. She was still at the mall where I had bought the necklace. She wanted so bad to know what I had gotten her.

"I don't know, you pick. You know what's bugging me and you are loving it. Just tell me already what you did at the mall." She said pleadingly.

"Miranda there is a time and a place. This is neither. Let's enjoy dinner shall we?" I replied.

"You really suck, no nookie for you later on tonight then!" She had played her card but I held the trump.

"That's fine. Last night took it out of me anyhow. Best I've had in ages." I smiled and looked down at the menu.

"Have you decided on a drink or would you like a bit more time?" I looked up.

"Bring me the white for her, and I'll have a glass of water easy on the ice please." I said.

"Right away. Anything else I can do for you?" He asked.

"No thanks, I think this will settle it."

She watched the exchange and we waited for the waiter to be out of earshot before continuing the conversation.

"I hate surprises Mike. This isn't cool." She said almost threateningly.

"You'll find out when we get home." This was a lie but I wanted to buy some time.

"Alright but as soon as we are in the door please?" She pleaded.

"Of course hun, you'll know as soon as we set foot inside." I said and we set about picking out our orders.

"Hmm the chicken here looks incredible. I think I'll get that... Ohh maybe.. No... yeah this is it." She picked out a dish that looked like chicken with some sort of sauce and a few mushrooms sprinkled over it. Looked delicious but I had my eye on the steak.

"Here are your drinks, would you like some more time before ordering?"

We placed our orders and we sat and talked softly while waiting on the food to reach our table. What seemed like only moments later the food arrived. The steak was perfect, no other word for it. Pink center with just a tad bit of a spicy flavor to it. The cooks new exactly what they were doing with this meal and I knew it was worth every cent I was going to pay for it.

Miranda set to work on her chicken and by the look on her face it was delicious. We finished our meal with little conversation between the two of us. We had been too hungry to let the food sit. She abruptly stood up and said she needed to use the bathroom and this gave me the perfect opportunity to surprise her.

"Wait, there's something on your back hold still. I'll get it for you." I pulled the necklace out of the inside pocket of my dinner jacket. I slid it around her neck and I felt her hands reach to her chest. I snapped it closed and smiled. "I know you hate surprises. Hope this isn't too bad of one." I turned her to face me. I was right, it looked fantastic on her.

"Mike, you didn't have to.. It's... Why? Wow..." The necklace had brought her more joy than I thought. "No one has ever done anything like this for me." She hugged me close and kissed the side of my neck. "Thank you, it's beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it. Go ahead and use the bathroom. I'll see you when you get back." I said and released her hips. "Besides we don't wanna make a scene, they'll think I proposed or something."

She laughed and hurried off to the bathroom. When she returned I could tell she had fixed her make up and she had probably shed a tear or two in there.

"You okay? I paid for the check while you were using the bathroom. I figured you were done, if you want we can go somewhere for desserts." I smiled when I saw the light in her eyes flash.

"Lets go then. I wanna get home so I can really get a good look at this!" She said more than excitedly.

We got into the car and headed back to her place. There was a voice mail that was flashing on the machine. She played it and it was Mr. Parse. He was letting me know that I needed to be ready on the following monday morning for work, that I would be driving a truck for his brother and all the details had been worked out.

"Told you, in no time." I said smiling.

"Looks like everything is working out for you. I'm so happy you decided to stay Mike. Not just because you bought me a necklace either." She said smiling.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Romance
  • /
  • A Love Lost, A Love Gained Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds