• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Coming of Age Ch. 02

Coming of Age Ch. 02

1234

Author's note: All characters and companies mentioned in this story have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone or anything bearing the same name or names. Events portrayed in this story are pure invention and have not been based on any events that have happen in real life. All the characters involved in any sexual acts if their ages are not mentioned beforehand; are over 18 years of age. Enjoy.

Hey Everyone,

Here is Chapter 2 of my latest series, I hope you enjoy it.

Now I am going to answer some frequently asked questions and answer some anonymous questions:

From Chapter 15 of Split in Time:

Where is page 4?

Sorry guys, I guess I should have labelled it Extract from a Newspaper, and funnily it was pure coincidence that the chapter ended on page three. The it's a boy part of the chapter was purely a way to let you know that Amy gave birth to a boy before jumping fourteen years into the future and have him suddenly there.

From Chapter 1 of Coming of Age:

Why did you have to make the madam Alpha the perfect president?

Really simple answer here, because her path was leading her there, you'll find out more as to the reasons later in this series.

Where is Ash? (I generalised it)

He's coming I swear ;)

Anonymous questions emailed to me:

When is Thais finding his mate?

Winds of change and that is all I am saying about that.

Are you going to leave Ghost alone forever?

I am not that cruel (some people believe differently) he will have his mate back and the next time they meet she will be immortal. Please be patient, I am still trying to decide if I will have that story as a stand-alone or work it into Riddle of Blood.

Those were the most commonly asked questions that I have received. As normal a big thanks goes to my editor, she rocks! Also as normal all questions and feedback is welcome.

Have fun

Chapter 2

Thais sat on the lounge room floor a week later, his cello was before him. While he was playing the night before he thought the notes sounded a little flat, so he was restringing both his cello and his bow. Temperance joined him after pushing the coffee table out of the way; she was replacing the skins on each drum of her kit. Because her drum was a part of her calming technique they took a lot of beatings and the skins got damaged, so she replaced them often. It would take her almost the entire afternoon to replace the skins correctly and reconstruct her kit but like playing it, fixing and tuning were a part of her calming therapy.

Temperance's drum kit was a true masterpiece to the art of drumming, if it could be added to her kit, it was added. There are ten cymbals, two sets of hi hats, three different snares (each with their own sound,) two bass drums, four floor toms and five high toms(mounted,) with chimes, tambourine and bells to finish the kit off. But her drum kit wasn't the only instruments she had; she had all manner of percussion instruments as she liked to hit things.

Temperance's drum kit however was her baby, just like Serenity's fourteen stringed guitar, was her baby and Thais's eight string cello was his baby. The instruments weren't easy to play but for the triplets that was the allure of them, not only playing them but composing on instruments that fellow musicians balked at.

Rachel walked in with some books and glanced at the siblings as they worked. "Hi Rachel." Thais said before he glanced up. "Take a seat."

"You said we were going to study avian physiology." Rachel said as she walked into the room and sat on the couch.

"Yeah sorry, I was playing last night and it doesn't sound right. Not to worry though, I have read the books before and have a photographic memory." Thais told her as he attached the new C string.

Serenity walked into the room, "ah... I see I'm not the only one needing to fix an instrument." She held her guitar by the neck. Sitting in a chair she quickly removed the old strings, all fourteen of them before she started to restring.

"So you all play an instrument?" Rachel asked.

The triplets all looked at her, "one... two... three... Serenity can play almost anything with strings without really trying." Thais explained, "But she prefers twelve at the moment."

"A lot of those are different types of guitars, two types of harps, the violin and a few types of lute." Serenity answered.

"I play any kind of percussion instrument and Thais plays the base as well as the cello." Temperance added.

"And the others?" Rachel asked.

"Myth plays panpipes and reed flutes, Crystal plays as many instruments as I do if not more and Han... I don't think I've ever seen him play." Serenity supplied.

"I play the saxophone." Han said as he leant on the door frame. "I don't get to play very often."

"Why didn't you bring it?" Temperance asked.

"I play the saxophone... I never said I play it well enough to jam with you lot." Han replied.

Thais made an instrument case appear at Han's feet. "We won't know that until you play with us."

Han grinned and picked up the case. "But not today." He told the room before he walked off.

"Mail call," Myth said as she walked in. "Serenity," Myth said as she flung a couple of envelopes to Serenity who caught them and did a quick flick through, she never understood why snail mail was still in use but she did know that a lot of people liked receiving letters and cards, physical things that reminded them they were loved and thought of.

"Looks like Juilliard wants us to perform at the Concerts in the Park again." Serenity said as she looked at the heavy official looking envelope.

"Thais," Myth dumped the letters on his head, "and Temperance." She flung the last letters at Temperance then walked off to deliver the rest of the mail.

"Yep... I got one of those." Thais said as he held up his own special envelop.

"Me three," Temperance added showing her own envelop.

"We'll think about," they said as one before they each went back to their own instruments.

Rachel glanced between the three siblings, "Juilliard..."

Thais nodded, "yep... we all went as children." Rachel just blinked in shock. "So... are you going to study or just sit there and wonder why we are here and not at Juilliard?"

"Can't I do both?" Rachel said as she pulled her book closer, "okay... according to Darwin..."

****

Serenity woke when she felt someone jump on her. She growled and went to swat at whoever was disturbing her sleep. Temperance easily avoided her sister's hit and caught Serenity's hands holding them down. "Wake up sister..." She taunted.

Serenity groaned, "I was having a peaceful sleep you monster."

"Wake up... today is the day... we are adults now... get up." Temperance said as Thais leant on the door frame and smiled, the laws for the coming of age of male Were had been changed about ten years ago making it the same as women to make it more even between the two sexes. It meant that he would be able to celebrate with his sisters when they came of age and would be able to do all the same things they would be able to.

"Let her sleep Temp, if she wants to." He told her.

"Too late I'm awake now." Serenity said as she opened her eyes and glared at her twin. Temperance smiled at her twin as she knew her sister could never stay angry at her. "Let me up Temp."

Temperance got off her sister and Serenity quickly raced to her bathroom she came out fifteen minutes later showered and dressed. Temperance brushed and plaited her sister's hair. Crystal, Han and Myth joined them.

"Okay what's on the books for today?" Han asked the triplets with trepidation, new adults often went a little off the rails the day they came of age as they finally could do as they wished and make choices for themselves.

"I'm going home... I'm allowed in the kitchen now and I want to walk in and watch Bastion squirm." Temperance said with delight on her face.

"Just be careful," Thais warned, "As an adult ma and da can't protect you from him. Annoy him and he will attack you."

Temperance smiled, "I would like to see him try."

"Don't push him sister." He warned before Temperance stuck her tongue out and vanished.

"Hey!" Han said but a moment later he too vanished.

"She is going to make him snap." Serenity stated.

Thais glanced away for a moment and smiled, "Not necessarily." He replied. "What are you doing today?"

"Going to get a haircut and pierced." Serenity answered before pulling on her boots.

"Haircut sounds good I might do that." He said and left with Myth.

Crystal watched as Serenity finished getting ready. "So what are you getting pierced?"

Serenity glanced up as she grabbed her shoulder bag. "Tongue... I've wanted a tongue ring ever since I first saw yours, but I want more than just a tongue ring."

"Your mother is going to kill me." Crystal said as she rubbed her face.

"Nope, my body, my choice." Serenity said firmly.

Crystal rolled his eyes, "If only it were that simple."

Temperance bounced as she walked into the kitchen, Bastion glanced up and glared at her. "Can I help?" She asked as she got to the bench.

"You can get out of my kitchen." He growled at her as he finely chopped onions, Anna was watching with Haley as they peeled a mountain of potatoes. Haley had flourished in the manor and had even decided to change her loyalty; she was now a member of the Wolf Haven pack. Both women were waiting for Bastion to blow a gasket; they had been dreading this day since Bastion had banned Temperance from the kitchen.

"Come on Bastion, I did exactly what you wanted, this is the first time I've set foot in the kitchen in fourteen years. I just want to help out; I'm not that little menace anymore." She begged.

"No... now you are a big menace, tigers can't change their stripes Temperance. Out." He ordered pointing with his knife to the door.

"Fine," Temperance snapped and vanished, she appeared in her room and grabbed her drum sticks as she sat at her kit. Quickly she put in ear plugs and started to bash those drums and although she was venting her frustration she wove a complicated beat that never faltered. She didn't understand, she had changed, learnt to curb her nature and control it. She had worked hard at not getting in Bastion's way, fourteen years she had been good but he still distrusted her. However, she could understand, she had been a little monster, no doubt about it, but she wasn't that little monster any more.

Amy appeared in her daughter's room as Temperance slammed her sticks down and they flew from her hands.

"It's not fair." She told her mother having sensed her approach; she pulled a plug from her ear.

Amy smiled and shrugged. "He'll relax, just don't go nuts. Let him see you've changed and you have changed from that little monster." She told her daughter. "Come on, let's go for a run... it'll make you feel better." Amy coaxed.

Temperance shook her head, "No... I think I'll play a little longer."

Amy nodded and left, Temperance put the plug back in, made her sticks reappear in her hands before she went back to town on her kit.

**

Crystal winced as she looked at Serenity, she had decided to go to the hair dresser first and finally get her hair cut the way she wanted it, she absolutely hated having long hair; it was too much hassle. Crystal had talked Serenity into only taking one bike because if Serenity got one particular piercing Crystal had she wouldn't be able to ride her bike until she got used to it.

"She is going to kill me." Crystal said as she looked at the long plait of hair which was fisted in Serenity's left hand. Amy loved her daughter's long hair, she would always put time aside at night to brush and braid it back before the girls went to bed and Serenity had just hacked an almost two foot length of plaited hair off.

"Ma will not hurt you." Serenity said firmly as she tucked the long length of plait into a saddle bag. Her black hair was now short and spiky with her fringe combed over partially covering her left eye, legally since she was immortal she didn't have to wear a helmet and had only done so because her mother insisted, so she wouldn't have to worry about getting helmet hair. Both had left their helmets at home as Crystal had only worn her helmet because Serenity had to. "Look Crystal, you really need to stop fearing what Ma will do. You are immortal she can't kill you."

"First time I met your mother do you want to know what I thought?" Crystal asked. "What my senses told me about your mother? They told me to flee, that she was dangerous, fourteen years of knowing and being around her hasn't dissuaded me from that opinion." She told Serenity, "your mother... she is the most dangerous person I've ever met and I have met a shit load of dangerous people. You have never seen that dark side that lives within her, all you have to do is look at the footage of 'The Stand' and you'll understand why it is healthy for me to fear Amy."

"The stand is R-19+ rated." Serenity said then blushed, "right... old enough now. If we have the time I'll look at it before we go to the manor." She said choosing to humour Crystal.

"Come on." Crystal said as she mounted, she knew Serenity was just humouring her, she wasn't out to shake Serenity's and Amy's relationship or make Amy out to be a bad person because she wasn't. Amy was the guiding light of change for this world and had done much for the world. However it didn't mean that she still wasn't the most dangerous person Crystal had ever met.

Serenity mounted up behind Crystal looping her arms around Crystal and sent her mind out to her brother, Thais... is what she said true?

Thais didn't even hesitate, Yes... Crystal is right... ma can be... very dangerous... if she sets her mind to it. The Stand however isn't a very good example; Aunt Susan and Keira were in danger. She had just been informed that friends had been killed, had watched Bianca say her final words to her daughter. She was still very new to her beast at that time and didn't have the complete control she has now, her beast was enraged at the needless carnage and reacted. She couldn't have stopped it even if she tried. He explained. Crystal's fear isn't really necessary but remember she has lived a very long time relying solely on her instincts.

Will she grow out of it? Serenity asked.

Yes... He told her confidently. Give her a break for now, tell her I showed you the Stand and tell her what I told you. She needs to start getting used to the fact that ma isn't out to hurt her.

Do I want to see it for myself? She asked.

It isn't pretty; I can show you if you like. He told her already knowing her answer.

Please. She told him, she felt the bike rumble to life beneath her, their mental communication only taking moments to happen.

As Crystal took them to the local piercing and tattoo parlour, Thais showed Serenity the Stand and the events that led up to it. By the time they arrived Serenity had seen it all and she sided with Thais now that she had seen it, it wasn't a good example of Amy's dangerous nature, it just showed that Amy could be ruled by rage in those early months.

Crystal turned the motor off, "you've been quiet." She said and glanced back as Serenity dismounted. "I'm not out to destroy your relationship with your mother."

"I know; Thais was just showing me the Stand." She answered and Crystal frowned.

"I didn't know he could do that." Crystal commented as she kicked the stand down.

"Past, present and future," Serenity reminded, "and I don't think the Stand is a good example of ma's dangerousness."

"You don't, why's that?" Crystal asked as she dismounted.

"She just watched as Sage lost her mother, she just lost friends and was about to lose another, added to the fact that a child was in danger." Serenity listed. "At the time she was still very new to her beast." She added then waited for Crystal's next argument.

Crystal's frown deepened as she hadn't taken any of that into consideration.

"I have no doubt that ma can be dangerous, but then again... when provoked, when threatened and when needed... everyone can be dangerous." Serenity pointed out. "Even I could be dangerous if I chose to be."

Crystal gave Serenity an amused look, Serenity was one of the most placid people Crystal knew, but she also knew that out of the triplets Serenity was the most lethal and ranked up there with the packs strongest warriors after the Alphas, all three did to be factual but Serenity was ranked with Alanna, Sage, Ash, Tarval, Destiny, Sammy and herself as the packs strongest.

"You... dangerous... only to my health, come on let's get this over with." Crystal said as she gestured to the parlour.

Serenity chuckled as they walked into the main room. The room, doors and features were all built on a different size scale, the counter was at least half again the height of a normal counter and required steps for customers to use.

"Is this place good?" Serenity asked Crystal as they stepped up the steps to get to the counter.

"It's run by a Centaur... it's the only place to go for piercings and tattoos, if you ever go to a human... I'll throttle you." Crystal answered; Centaurs had a completely different set of rules when it came to learning the art of body art and piercing, rules and training that went beyond anything the government implemented. Centaurs usually spent the first fifty years of their apprenticeship learning how to draw and create individual artwork, the next twenty years was spent learning how to pierce, the ten years after that was spent learning how to tattoo on dead flesh (generally dead pigs) and the last twenty was spent learning how to tattoo living flesh on actual customers, supervised. They spent a hundred years learning their craft as it was important to them as a race and their culture. Only when their master believed they were prepared were they then given their mark, a stylised quill and ink bottle tattooed somewhere on their neck and released from their apprenticeship.

There was a clip clop of hooves as the owner of the parlour came to the counter. He was a big person with his lower half being that of a midnight black Shire horse which only emphasised the paleness of his human skin. The left side of his chest was covered with an intricate tattoo that was part snake, part Celtic knot, another tattoo of a dragon spiralled up his right arm. His final tattoo the mark of a master sat just under his jaw line.

"Back again Crystal?" He asked.

"Not yet decided," Crystal said, she was actually thinking about getting a tattoo and had been here to talk to him about her idea.

He nodded and turned to Serenity, "what may I do for you today?" He asked.

"I want to get pierced." Serenity told him as she dug out her wallet and pulled out her id which she offered to him.

He took the id and held it under a special light, looking to see if it was a fake, when it passed visual inspection he scanned it so that he had a copy, only when that was done did he start to look at the information Serenity's licence/ id card. He checked that the photos matched, which they did except for now she had short hair, he then checked her race, W/A/?, which simply meant Were/ Ancient/ Unknown. His eyes quickly went to her date of birth, since each race had their own set of rules when it came to age of consent, 3/8/2014 with a figure eight on its side beside it which meant she was immortal, the next time she got her id reissued after her 21st birthday, her date of birth would be removed and only the infinity symbol would remain which meant she was an adult to her races standard and to the government. Coming of age day, he mused silently to himself when he checked today's date.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Coming of Age Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 63 milliseconds