• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Everything Changes Ch. 01

Everything Changes Ch. 01

12

Dear Readers,

The next in the series of Lyssa and Emmett and the packs. This set doesn't seem to be overly long, unlike the last. But, you will get answers to many of your questions.

Enjoy,

KemMyst

***************

She was horrified by her actions. It was as if she had no control whatsoever over herself. All she knew was that she craved Calvin's body, his scent, his touch, his dick.

Thankfully, it only lasted a couple of days.

He kissed the tip of her nose as a knock was heard at the door. "Hungry?"

"I want to go hunting."

He looked at her, surprised. He and Sabine had always taken a few hours to sleep and recover from their exertions after one of her heats. "OK."

They passed the tray left for them as they headed outside.

The Madam Alpha of the Ross pack took down and tore into two deer. Only then did she lay in the grass and sleep. The cool of the morning woke her and she groaned. If she had her days figured right, today was petitions. She hated petitions.

*****

Lyssa was tired, a lot, and felt like her brain was full of holes.

Natalie and Wade assured her that nothing was wrong. Most of the females, however, didn't have symptoms this bad.

And Emmett was annoying her. Every time he got close to her, he would pull her close and slide his arms around her waist, placing his hands over her belly. And he would listen to the heartbeat whenever he got the chance.

She loved him but, really.

Ariel watched her grim acceptance of his touch one day and pulled her aside. "He has waited long for both a mate and a pup."

"I know. But I was hoping that the novelty would wear off."

"It is a wondrous thing, for any of us. I must warn you, however, that when your pregnancy becomes visible to the others, that many of the females will want to touch you. Especially those who are looking to conceive on their next heat cycle."

"Can't I just get them a statue of Ganesh to rub?"

Ariel looked confused. "Never mind. I won't be real comfortable being a good luck charm."

"Has your skin become overly sensitive?"

Lyssa exhaled. "No."

"We should talk about the council agenda."

"Yes, Madam Alpha."

The InterPack Council had been Lyssa's suggestion and the first session would be held the next night. Lyssa didn't expect much to get done the first night. In fact, she expected a whole lot of arguing. They hadn't decided how often to meet or who would have authority or even where to meet or the number of members.

The only definitive thing was that the other packs had been convinced, to a greater or lesser degree, that it was needed.

Lyssa and Ariel set up a few bullet points as well as a couple of questions that should be answered that first night.

She spent the rest of the day jotting down various thoughts in relation to human responses to their presence.

*****

Lyssa was rubbing her temples. They were giving her a massive headache.

Most of the Alphas had made it; a couple had brought their Betas, another couple had brought their mates.

The Severn Beta was complaining about security, about having so many high-ranking wolves in one place.

The Foster female Alpha complained about having the meeting at the Wyeth den.

And Calvin Ross thought monthly meetings might be too frequent.

They hadn't gotten anywhere.

"Oh, will you all just shut up?"

There was dead silence as everyone looked at her in shock.

Lyssa stood, and turned to the Severn Beta. "After we get things settled down we can have the meetings by video conference. Other than that I'm sure an agreement can be reached on guards." To the Foster Alpha. "Initial meetings have to be held somewhere. Since the idea originated here, it only made sense to start here. The videoconferencing will take care of that." To Calvin. "Monthly meetings may not be often enough, especially in the beginning. I'm sure things will change as we all settle in."

As she looked around the room, she said, "One vote per pack and, preferably, only one representative per pack, otherwise we'll deteriorate into ... this." She waved an arm at the assembled wolves.

"Sometimes, majority rule will make sense, other times we'll need votes to be unanimous."

She took a deep breath and continued. "Now, I'm really surprised no one's caught on to the fact that werewolves are real. We really need to figure out what to do when humans discover that."

Some of the attendees began grumbling again. Randall and Ariel watched carefully.

Calvin stood, to address the assembled wolves.

"I nominate the Madam Beta of Wyeth to lead the meetings for the foreseeable future."

"Why her? Why not one of us?"

"It was she who saw the necessity of us coming together. She is Beta. She knows both worlds."

The elder female from Gates spoke. "The Alpha Ross is correct. The Wyeth Beta female should be leading these meetings."

After some short, offside discussions, everyone agreed.

Lyssa stood there for a moment, now unsure of where to go with this.

"OK, um. Does anyone have any problems with what I said earlier? Monthly meetings, initial meetings here until we set up videoconferencing, and discussion with the Wyeth Alphas for those who feel they want additional security."

After a short discussion, everyone agreed.

"Who do we send to these meetings? Alphas?"

The Severn Beta spoke up again, "I am ... uncomfortable with having all our leaders I one place like this."

Lyssa looked confused, "But, we are all together when someone dies."

"That is not a scheduled meeting."

Lyssa took a deep breath then glanced at her Alphas and said, "I believe each pack needs to determine who would be best to represent them. However, we'd need to agree that each representative would be treated with the respect due an Alpha. That what they say would carry weight and decisions they made would stick."

Additional grumbling went on; some Alphas would see this as a relinquishment of power.

Lyssa sent, just loud enough to stop them [Look.]. They all turned, and looked at her.

While most may have been aware she was a loud wolf, a large percentage had not felt her send. "I understand this is new, and hard for you. I know that the packs work as individual, autonomous units. But we're gonna hafta find a way to work together, and some things may have to be done differently, because, once the human population knows for sure we exist things will get really, really bad if we're not ready."

"Define 'really, really bad.'" The Severn Beta.

"They will be absolutely terrified of us. You're aware of the story of Frankenstein?"

Calvin said, "We'll be exterminated."

"Possibly."

"But we've lived with them for years."

"Won't matter. Fear will make humans do stupid things. They may want us rounded up and put in camps. They may want us killed. They'll certainly want to know how many of us there are." She looked at the Severn wolves. "All of Severn in the police force will lose their badges."

"But, we have rights..."

"So did the Americans of Japanese extraction who lived in the United States during World War II. Their land and houses and possessions were confiscated and they were sent to camps. Many died there."

"Why would they do that? We haven't hurt them. We do business with many."

"Wolves will be blamed for any unsolved crimes, especially missing children. They don't know us and will only think of monster movies. That we turn into wolves at the full moon, lose our minds and become animals, and attack and eat anyone we come across."

"You really think it will be that bad?" Randall asked.

"Yes, maybe worse."

"Why?"

Lyssa exhaled as everyone looked expectantly at her. "If you are in a room with two people, and they're in your way, the way out. One of them is big and looks like a fighter. The other is smaller, the whites of their eyes showing. You can smell their fear. Which one do you worry about more?"

"The smaller one," Calvin answered.

She looked at him. "Why?"

"Because you have no idea what he'll do."

Lyssa turned, looking at each of the assembled wolves. "Exactly."

Again, there was murmuring as individual discussions began. [My Alpha, it's getting late. When would you like the visitors to go home?]

[Give them another half hour to talk.]

Lyssa cleared her throat and the volume dropped. "My Alphas thank you for coming and extend their hospitality for another half hour."

"We'll meet again in another month and, if there is a lawyer in one of the packs, it would probably be a good idea if they were here."

Talk continued for the next half hour and beyond, as members of the various packs took their leave.

Calvin walked over to Lyssa, Ariel, and Randall as Emmett walked in.

"She has given them much to think about. And, I believe her assessment is correct. If only we had thought of it sooner."

"So, Madam Beta, I hear you bear a pup. How are you feeling?" Emmett slid his hands around her waist. "Congratulations, Beta."

"Thank you, Alpha Ross."

Lyssa answered his question. "Good. Tired mostly. And Stephanie? The Madam Alpha?"

Calvin smiled. "It was quite the surprise. She was so hungry, so ... invigorated after. She and Sampson are trying to settle who has responsibility for what."

"Has she been challenged, Cal?"

Calvin's smile was feral. "Yes." The inference was obvious, she had beaten whomever it was.

Emmett continued, "You haven't asked us to come to Ross for a month's visit. Will you be doing that now that the Alpha female is settled?"

Lyssa gripped his hands, with the baby on the way, she really didn't want to leave.

Calvin took a deep breath, exhaled. "It's as if I have a new life, she makes me feel younger." He shook himself. "There are still things that I need to attend to before the process goes forward."

*****

Emmett was laying back in the tub and his pregnant mate was laying back against him.

She was dozing when he murmured in her ear, "From what Randall said, you were pretty great tonight."

"Nnn." A noise of agreement.

"I'm not sure you've convinced everyone of the seriousness of the problem."

"Mmm."

He sat there a bit longer as she yawned and her head rolled a bit to one side. Her breathing had evened out and her heartbeat had slowed, so he believed she had fallen asleep. He slid her sideways slightly and stood, both of them dripping. Her arms went around his back and neck. A sleepy send came to him, [Who put Calvin up to it?]

He kissed the side of her head. "To what, sweetheart?"

[Nominating me to be in charge of the council.]

"No one, that I know of. He's right though. You're most suited to guiding us."

Emmett carried her to their bed as she made a contented little sound. A dark blue swath of terrycloth lay on top. Emmett had asked Anna to make it when Lyssa started falling asleep in the bath with him. He laid her on it. "How are you feeling? Is there something I can get for you?"

Smiling, to take any sting out of the words, "Not an invalid, mate."

"I know, but you're tired." He looked at her. "I'm overdoing it a bit, aren't I?"

She smiled again, tiredly. "Yeah. I get it. But yeah."

He got into the bed and rolled up behind her. Looking at her he was certain he could see a change, a slight bulge in her belly. He gently put a hand on it. "It's just so wonderful. Our pup." He leaned over to kiss her. "I love you. Get some sleep."

Her eyes were closing. [Mmm. Love you.]

*****

Joanna was being doted on by both her mate and his mother.

She was being plied with food, teas, and helpful advice. The other mates, making up a rather lively sisterhood, regaled her with stories of their pregnancies.

Nathan waited on her, bringing her things to eat or drink that she hadn't asked for, refused to let her lift more than her iPad in his presence, and kept raising her feet.

Joanna got sick some mornings and developed a sudden distaste for cheese. The smell of it, especially melting, nauseated her. The fluttering in her belly didn't help and it seemed every time she tried to take a nap or go to sleep, he'd wake up and roll around.

At least there was only one. While triplets were on the rare side, they did happen. And twins were relatively common.

She didn't know what she'd do if she was having twins.

Joanna felt awkward with her growing belly.

Nathan seemed fascinated by her growing boobs.

Oh, he was happy that they were having a pup but her swollen breasts and resultant higher sensitivity had him concentrating on them. She'd squeak and moan and whimper, until it got to be too much.

Intercourse was starting to get awkward.

*****

Lyssa was at the computer in their suite when Emmett walked into their room. She was chewing on a thumbnail, intently examining something.

Her nostrils flared and she said, "I thought you had sweep," without looking away from the screen.

"We're done, sweetheart."

"But it's only.." She looked at the clock. "Oh."

He walked up behind her and put his arms around her. "What are you looking at?"

He caught a glimpse from a couple of screens before she shut them down. There was something about American Indian children and something about aboriginal children in Australia. What was left was information on civil rights.

Her voice was rough, "Stuff for.." She cleared her throat. "Stuff for the council."

He sighed and kissed her temple. "How about a snack?"

She closed her eyes. With his scent around her, feeling his strong arms, she relaxed a bit. She blew out a shaky breath. "Yeah, I could eat."

Lyssa and Emmett walked down to the kitchen and passed Naomi, who was impressing on a group of preschool pups that one did not take another's food. Troy was sitting off to one side of the group, looking a bit guilty. Tanya stuck her tongue out at her twin.

The lesson stopped and Naomi closed her eyes for a second as they walked by.

After she composed herself she called for them all to go outside to play in the sun.

Clothes flew and small furred bodies bolted for the door.

Lyssa sighed. "How long til she stops hating me?"

"She doesn't hate you, Lys. You're just a reminder that her son isn't here anymore."

Brandon, Gordon and Naomi's son, had developed an obsessive fascination with Lyssa. He had grabbed and groped her and was now living with another pack.

They walked into the kitchen. "Ooooh, coffee."

Hannah poured two cups and handed them each one, black. They accepted with thanks.

"I don't know how you can drink hot stuff like that when it's so warm outside."

They both shrugged and sipped, making satisfied sounds.

"So, something to eat?"

"Any of that meatloaf left?"

"Yes, Madam Beta. Sandwich? Hot or cold?"

"Hot, please. Mashed potatoes. Broccoli."

Hannah cocked her head. "Beta?"

"Sounds good to me."

Natalie walked in.

"Madam Beta, you might want to cut down on the coffee."

Lyssa gave her an evil look and a growl started up from her chest. "Lyssa."

Natalie smiled, tightly, knowing she would have trouble with the Madam Beta over this.

Hannah placed a plate in front of each of them. They dug in, polishing off the food rather quickly.

"Thank you, Hannah. C'mon, mate, how about a run?"

Lyssa looked at him, picked up the coffee cup, set it back down. "Yeah, sounds good."

A large grey wolf trailed a smaller chestnut one.

Emmett was following her, as he sometimes did when they went out for a run.

After an initial burst of speed, she had slowed and was sniffing things.

He checked the same spots. Huh.

[Smell something you like? Or don't?]

[Things smell .. different.]

[Different how?]

[I don't know. Different.]

A light shower sent them under the canopy of a large maple. He rubbed up against her and licked her forehead. Changing to human form, he leant back against the trunk of the tree and held out his arms to her. "C'mere."

She sat beside him and he scratched her ears and stroked her sides, scrubbing his hands down her back as she groaned. "Ah, sweetheart." Dark brown wolf eyes looked into chocolate brown.

Lyssa took on her human form and Emmett pulled her into his lap.

She curled up against him, feeling the strength of her mate. The heat of his body. His comforting scent surrounding her.

She was comforted, lying back in his arms, and her restlessness and worrying were allayed.

He held her close to him, trying to think of a way to keep her from worrying.

He listened to her breathing and heartbeat slow and realized she had fallen asleep.

Emmett held his young mate and thought of the pup she was carrying. A pup. Their pup. He had wanted one for so long and now, now, it was actually happening.

And his mate, his beautiful mate, was doing it. A new life in her body. His heart swelled and he didn't think he could love her any more than he did then.

Life was going to change for them, in a couple of ways. First would be the little one, they would be a family. Oh, Luna, a family of his own.

The other would be the pack council. They had agreed that she lead them. She suddenly had so much more responsibility.

At this time in their lives where everything was changing and he was looking forward to their future she would be leading the packs forward into theirs. His mate was accepted by the others and would be leading their people into a future with the humans.

His mate, a female he'd found and brought into their pack, looked to have a pivotal role in the future of werewolves in America.

It was a very sleepy send. [So, Em, what do you want?]

He whispered back to her. "What do you mean, sweetheart?"

[A boy or a girl?]

Ah, the pup. He kissed the top of her head. "Dear heart, I don't care."

[Bullshit. Tell me.]

"I will be happy no matter what sex our pup is." She twisted in his arms and looked up at him, giving him a look of disbelief. "But, if you push me, I think I'd like a male."

She brought her head back down, nodding. Of course. A slight chuckle left her lips. "I'll see what I can do."

He rested his chin on the top of her head. "You'd like a female, wouldn't you?"

"No," she inhaled. "No, I think a boy would be good."

His hand slid to the side of her face and he pulled her up his body for a kiss.

Lyssa twisted as he drew her up, working to slide her legs around him. The position was a bit awkward and her knee slid between his legs.

"OOff!"

She rolled off quickly and went to her knees. "Oh, god, Em. I'm sorry, are you alright?!" She half-reached for his stiff length and pulled back as he took a couple breaths and swallowed.

His eyes glinted a little. "I'll be fine."

She licked her lips and looked up at him through her eyelashes. "If I kiss it, will I make it better?"

Chocolate eyes showed puzzlement as he firmed up more at the thought. "Try it and we'll see."

Her head obscured his view as he waited for her touch. He felt her warm breath on the head of his cock as she sent, [It's something mothers say to their children or the kids ask for if they get hurt. Kiss it and make it better.] There was the lightest touch of her lips at the tip and she pulled back. He was about to protest when he felt the warm wetness of her tongue and his head tipped back, against the tree.

She turned and looked up at him again as he looked down with heat in his eyes.

Lyssa moved, straddling his legs, and he admired the lush, curvy body of his mate of almost three years. His pregnant mate.

Lyssa didn't have a chance to react as Emmett pulled her up into a bruising kiss. She put her hands on his shoulders and surrendered to it for a while, his tongue delving into her mouth, her tongue twisting with his. Her nipples rubbed against his chest as her ardor rose. What had also risen was between them, long, smooth, firm. It wouldn't take much to impale herself on him, so she wriggled against his erection, her mound pressing against him, eliciting a low, throaty moan.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Everything Changes Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 49 milliseconds