• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 22

Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 22

12

***

Lynne was getting along great with his mother. She loved teasing him about how his mother loved her. He was getting jealous. She and Linda spent long times talking on the phone when she called for Leif. Linda would give her gardening tips. She'd send his mom pictures to show how her garden was doing.

His mom was really looking forward to their visit now. And, she wanted to taste some of Lynne's creole cooking, that she'd learned from her Grandma. She could have killed Leif for making such a big deal about the way she cooked on the telephone. Now she had some serious expectations to live up to! His mother had mapped out a whole list of things that Lynne needed to see, since she'd never been to California.

She was happy that the two of them were dating. But she'd slip in reminders that they were both young and had their whole lives ahead of them. This was also a time when they should be finding their passion in life. Lynne reassured her that their shared love was making their life passions stronger. And, also that they were not forgetting to experience the rest of the world, although these days, their worlds were wrapped up in each other.

His mother told her that they would be very comfortable during their stay, and she was not at all old fashioned. She knew that they slept together, so she would be putting them in the guest cottage where Leif used to stay right before he moved out. Lynne almost dropped the phone with embarrassment. On the other hand, she thought it was wonderful that Leif and Linda had such an open relationship that he could be honest, and be himself around her, and not have to hide any portion of who he was. She envied him.

And she was relieved that his family, at least his mother, was so receptive to their relationship. It didn't seem there would be anything standing in their way as far as race relations on his side of the family. If there were any problems, it would be due to personality conflicts as they got to know each other. Those were easier to deal with than racial problems.

She was also looking forward to spending the Christmas Holidays with Leif's parents, because it would be her first, real Christmas. Her family eschewed material gift giving's and celebration at Christmas, as part of their church religion. Christmas was not holy, because it had become commercialized. It also, according to their church lore, was not on Jesus's birthday. So, it was always a bleak time in Lynne's home with a simple dinner and no gifts. But, what was most hypocritical of all was the way her father spoiled her, and her mother with every gift under the sun as soon as January 2nd rolled around. So, it was almost Christmas. It just wasn't on that day. What a hypocrite! It was still commercial shenanigans.

Lynne hadn't told Leif all of this. She was embarrassed. She wondered why her family could not be normal, like his family. One thing she'd always looked forward to, was the Thanksgiving Holiday. While they did not call it Thanksgiving, they called it Family Dinner day. And, instead of Turkey, they had chicken, but all the usual trimmings. She felt hurt, and sad, knowing that they would probably not be inviting her over during the Thanksgiving holidays, even though she was their own daughter, because she had broken ranks with their church.

She started planning her own, fun informal Thanksgiving dinner that included Leif, some of his bandmates, and even Janelle, who wouldn't be able to make it home to her parents in Chicago because of a deadline for the political column she wrote for a New York Paper. So, she was ever so surprised, when she was preparing baked catfish, smothered in hot sauce for Leif, while he followed her around in the kitchen like a puppy, playfully getting out pans, ingredients, feeling her up, and messing up stuff, when her iPhone rang, and it was her mother.

Leif had never talked to her parents before, and when he figured out it was her mother, his curious blue eyes were staring her up and down trying to figure out what was going on in the conversation. She didn't talk about her parents much, just let Leif know that their relationship was not open like the relationship that he had with his parents, and that they were very disappointed in her, and there were problems in that relationship.

He heard her starting to decline the Thanksgiving dinner, and he said softly,

"I'd like to go,"

Lynne looked panic stricken. She could have killed Leif.

She shook her head no back and forth and he shook his head yes, and then even threatened to take the phone.

She looked at him with wide eyed shock.

"Sure...sure Mom, I guess I'll see you Thursday,"

She hung up the phone and glared at him.

"Damn it Leif! Are you happy now. Ugh! I don't want to go back to that Damn house for Thanksgiving I want to spend it with you. With my new friends and family. You and your crazy assed band members and my best friend," said Lynne.

"Oh Lynne, honey, you can't keep hiding from them forever sweetheart," he added lovingly, kissing her forehead.

She playfully head butted him.

He chuckled.

Then reached over and lazily began tickling her arm pit while she shrieked and squealed with laughter.

"Stop that! I'm not hiding from them," she said with an exasperated voice.

She and Leif had this conversation before.

"Like hell you aren't! Don't you think it's time that you told them about me sweetheart? After all, my mom already likes you more than she likes me. Damn it if you'll be calling her mom and she's still fucking Linda to me," said Leif.

They both chuckled.

"It's different with daughter's Leif. She just had you and your old ass big headed, as you describe him, brother, and she never had a daughter before. That's what she said anyway. So beautiful. Can't wait to meet her. But...but it's different than my family. I love my parents, but they are fucking weirdos. You just wait. Wait'll you see what you've gotten us into. And...And the color stuff. Man. I don't know how any of it is gonna go down. At first I thought I'd be nervous with your Mom, and being black and all, but it's no big deal. But wait with my parents. It is so many things. It's color, it's religion. It's dreadlocks. They are fucking weird and it'd be better if you don't meet until after we have three babies!" fumed Lynne.

Leif chuckled.

"Do you know how cute you are when you get all passionate and hype...because you like something, or you are nervous. It can't be that bad Lynne. We love each other. And even if your relationship is strained, they are still your parents. They made you....such a lovely woman. I want to get to know them. You need to tell them sweetheart. We don't live in a bubble. Just tell them, and we'll feel so much better. Then we'll get all stuffed on turkey together and have such a good time," said Leif with a chuckle.

She knew he was teasing her.

And she just rolled her eyes.

***

"So I've been thinking about this living arrangement of ours Lynne, a long time, and frankly it doesn't make sense," said Leif one evening when they were walking home after his show.

"What living arrangement? I mean it's kinda cool, we have two apartments," said Lynne with a chuckle.

"Yeah...we do...and things get left behind in one, and then we both have to run to the other persons home to pick up shit. Babe, we practically live together. Haven't spent a night apart since we've been dating. We just bounce back and forth from apartment to apartment. And...I can't imagine not waking up next to you in the morning. Plus, there's the issue of two separate rents that we are paying, when we could be just paying one," said Leif.

"Leif, I've got a lot of shit though. All my vintage records, all my old video game systems...my Nintendo, my Atari. What about my piano keyboard too? My Mac,"

Leif cut her off, stating-

"Not to mention all the millions of pairs of clothes, and shoes in your closet, you are like Kim Kardashian or something with all those fucking clothes. Yeah, I know you got a lot of junk and shit. But I think we can fit it all in my apartment for the time being," he said.

"I've got a lot of junk and shit? Me? You've got quite a few videogames yourself, all that guitar shit, a few junky assed guitars, that junky bass, all those cables, wires and stomping pedals. Let's not even get into all your basketball crap...oh and your dreadlock maintenance shit all over my bathroom counter...you have quite a bit of junky assed shit yourself mister," said Lynne.

Leif Howled with laughter and Lynne snorted.

He loved when she put him playfully in his place.

Loved their shared humor. He loved the slight urban flavor of her speech too. Junky assed shit. It was hilarious even if she busted on him.

"Okay, so I've got some junky assed shit too...I'll admit it Lynne, but we can figure out places to cram it all until we get a bigger place. Plus, you could stop paying that rent on your place and save for a really nice demo. You've wanted a real demo for a while, and you deserve it. Just help out with groceries and utilities, and shit, and that still takes a huge load off of me financially, and I know it would help you out too," said Leif.

"Leif...I...I love you but I..."

"But what baby. I mean we almost live together right? Don't you...don't you wanna know that we can't go running back to our own apartments if we have a great big fight. That we have to stick tight and work it out because there is no place to go," said Leif.

He'd just thought about the fact that they hadn't even had a major fight yet.

"Isn't that like marriage though...that's what marriage is about," said Lynne softly.

"It certainly can be what marriage is about...and as serious as this thing is getting sweetheart, we need to figure out what we are doing...this living together stuff can help us figure out the next step," said Leif.

He wanted to start getting plans together to really propose. Living together, and especially if she paid for groceries and utilities could ease some of his financial strain while he saved for an emergency fund. He'd feel much better about marrying her being a little more stable. A few months extra cake, just in case.

"Yeah. I agree. I just...I don't know....I never saw myself living with a man. I just...I always thought I'd be married if I was living with a man. Then again too, up until a few months ago, I never thought I could fall in love with a man, and here I am so...maybe it's an idea worth considering,"

"Lynney, you don't think you live with me now," said Leif chuckling.

"No, we don't live together. I still get my mail at apartment 605. It's cozy and we spend every night at each other's apartments, and I'm very much in love with you, but until one of us moves our junky assed shit into the others home and leaves a forwarding address, I don't think we live together yet. It might feel like we live together, but we don't live together officially," said Lynne.

"It's a technicality. We practically live together and you know it. I've got pantyhose and shit drying in my shower. I've got pink sponge rollers and wrapping paper in my dresser. Just a technicality," said Leif.

"But an important one. I...I never thought I'd live with a man I wasn't married to, I don't want to be that kind of girl," said Lynne.

Leif smiled. He was going to remind her of this conversation when he gave her a glittery engagement ring. But just to see where her head was at, he played along.

"Say what you want, but we are living together honey, whether we want to say otherwise because we live in separate apartments or not. Besides, did you know, did you know that my parents weren't married until I was ten? And I have a brother ten years older than me. My parents have been living together for thirty-two years, and they've only been married for twelve years. My brother and I were at the wedding. The reception was a barbeque in the back yard. But they really married because taxes were eating them alive as the business took off. But you won't find a happier couple. Love isn't in a piece of paper Lynne...it's in your heart," said Leif.

"That...that might be true, but the commitment of marriage, that says everything about the seriousness of a relationship, and the level of, love and trust involved," said Lynne, as they walked into her apartment building.

"Sometimes it does. And sometimes not. Sometimes boyfriends and girlfriends like us are more faithful than couples who have been married for dozens of years. But, that having been said, I think a beautiful woman like you does deserve a princess day, and a pretty marriage license someday if it makes her happy...let's her know that her man loves her with all his heart, and will stand by her. If...If it's done for the right reasons, marriage can be beautiful," he said looking down into her soft brown eyes.

"Leif, you are as smooth as butter. Nice recovery," she murmured softly kissing his top and bottom lips.

And Leif grinned inside. Part of the conversation he had to downplay the importance of marriage was to serve as a smoke screen, so she didn't ruin his surprise for her, right before their exciting Christmas vacation plans with his parents. The other part was because; saving to get a decent ring, and build an emergency fund was killing him, on top of his other bills.

But he loved thinking about surprising her with his special news. She would never see it coming.

He couldn't wait to see what her reaction would be.

But he almost felt certain that she would say yes.

***

Lynne was nervous as hell. She hadn't wanted to introduce Leif to her parents at all. Not so soon. It wasn't that she was ashamed of Leif. He was the most beautiful person she'd ever met. But her parents, and her environment growing up had been very strange. She hadn't felt comfortable explaining everything to Leif, but her parents were a lot different than most parents. Lynne did not want Leif to think she was a weirdo because of her background. She didn't know how to explain things to him very well, so she thought she'd use the hour-long drive as an opportunity to explain things to him.

She also hadn't told her parents that he was coming to visit. She didn't tell them, because she didn't know of a good way to explain to them that she was dating someone who was not only of another race, but was not involved in her parents religion, or in fact, any religion. Not that Leif didn't believe in a creator. He loved and respected all of God's creatures. He also believed that the sensual was entwined with the spiritual, and lying in bed with him, with the special things they shared sometimes felt like a spiritual experience. It wasn't just naughty. He made her feel divine. The orgasms with him almost felt religious. He made her feel like a grown and beautiful woman. Leif was giving, caring, gentle and trustworthy, and everything good that she was taught to value and respect when she was growing up. Leif just was a non-traditionalist. But her parents wouldn't understand that.

She didn't know why she cared so much what they thought. Until she moved out of their home, Lynne had always done a very good job of living on the edge of their rules, doing what she wanted to do, but hiding it from them. Drinking, smoking pot, carousing nightclubs, and her parents had no idea what she was doing. Lynne was sure they were a little more aware of what she was doing now, and, if she was singing in nightclubs, she was no longer their little angel. And, since it seemed that she no longer wanted to live by their rules, whether inside, or outside of the home, they'd cut off their association with her, drastically. That was why the invite to their "Family Day", had taken her by such overwhelming surprise. She half thought that part of the reason that they wanted to see her, was to try to run an intervention on her, and try to convince her to go back to their church.

She was their only child, and in a lot of ways, she felt burdened by their ideals for her. She was glad that she'd made a clean break, gotten out of their overbearing, restrictive house, but deep down, she still wanted them to love her. They were the only family she'd ever known besides the church family.

Now she had a family that she'd created, and carved for herself with Leif, and Janelle, and other friends that she loved, but deep down, she wanted her parents to love her, even if it meant that she couldn't be herself around them. She didn't think she had the strength to admit to them that she really had strayed from the church, and the life that they'd wanted for her. Leaving the church family and living with a man without marriage was considered immoral, and had consequences that Leif would not understand. It was already scandalous that she'd left her parents home so abruptly and was singing in nightclubs, chasing after a recording career.

And she'd moved clear across town to get away from the nosey, peering eyes of her church congregation, from people who had the power to seriously alter her life with her family, if they had any idea that she was spending nights alone with a man, practically living with him, was smoking dope occasionally, and cursed like a sailor sometimes. She felt as though she'd fallen woefully short of the type of person that God wanted her to be.

But Leif thought she was an angel, innocent like snow, and it made her feel light, and warm, and secure inside. He also knew she had a naughty side, and she felt safe to express that with him. He'd call her his naughty angel when she was in a particularly randy mood with him. Especially when she got the fever to suck his dick. She was getting that fever a lot lately. It was a wonderful way to express the joy and love she felt for him, and return the pleasure she got from his tender lips, and his passionate fingers.

She never knew what it was like to be loved unconditionally. To have a man that loved you so much, even if you drank a little too much. Even if you swore when you stubbed your toe. Even if the things he did to you made you feel so good you wanted to be nasty and sensual. Didn't cheapen you at all in his eyes if you wanted to bathe in his cum like rainwater. That was some deep kind of love, and it was just what they shared. She knew that her parents and the sad souls in her church congregation didn't know shit about that type of love. She didn't see why she needed to spoil it by involving her parents.

But Leif had other ideas. He felt that since she was getting to know his parents, it was only logical and fair that he should know her parents. That made the relationship official in his eyes. He joked about being new to this love stuff, but he thought it was important to meet each other's folks. He loved her, and wanted to know everything about her, her background, and where she was brought up, just like she'd be learning about him in about a month. But she had to explain to him, that these were not just any kind of parents. She loved them, but they were strange.

He'd teased her about the conservative sweater that she was wearing. Under the sweater, she wore a bra. The sweater was so baggy; she felt that it almost made her look flat chested. She wore reading glasses, but instead of her funky, horned rimmed glasses in bold colors, that she'd taken to wearing since she moved, she chose a simple tortoise shell frame. She'd pulled her flat-ironed hair back in a simple bun and had secured it with two little chopsticks. The look was completed with a long denim skirt, and black boots.

"Aww, you're so cute babe...dressed up all prim and proper. You're afraid for them to notice that their little Lynne is all grown up now huh," he said, and he swatted her bottom.

She chuckled.

"No babe, it's not that. It's just that, they are really different. Like the shit- or the stuff that I wear on stage sometimes, not the plaid shirts and stuff like that, but those tight black dresses, and that lime green miniskirt, going without bras and all that, they would die," said Lynne.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 22

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 545 milliseconds