• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Getting a Life Ch. 05

Getting a Life Ch. 05

12

*I know I said 2 months, but I wanted to be nice, so here's another chapter. Pleeeaasseee comment and rate, I beg you. Thanks for reading*

She could do this, she was going to do it. Selly stared at the application letter she was set to e-mail to one of the companies that had put up an ad for an accountant. She had resigned from her job 6 months ago when she realised she couldn't handle it due to her frail emotional state. Now, she wanted something new, she was starting her life all over again so she was changing everything; her clothes, her job, her hair-do, the only thing that wasn't affected was the house.

It meant too much to her. Not only was it an inheritance from her grandmother, but this was also where her best memories lay. She had decided to renovate it instead, she was doing some re-painting, changing the windows, and especially, she was turning the bedroom they had shared to a study. Chuka had loved books, he used to tell her how he was going to have a huge study with more books than he could read. She supposed this was as good a time as any to fulfill that wish.

She clicked 'send' before she could convince herself not to. For what felt like hours, she sat staring at the screen of her laptop for what felt like hours. She had done the right thing, he had said she needed to move on, what better way to do that than to get a job, right? She could keep herself busy and forget about him.

It had been over a week since she last saw Chuka, he had been true to his words. He hadn't returned since he told her he would leave her, she couldn't say for now if his decision had been good or bad for her. She would guess it was good, she hadn't regressed to her old state so far, she was doing everything she could to please him wherever he was and convince him to come back- he had said he would always be around, she just wouldn't be able to see him.

She stood up and made her way to her room, she needed a nice, long nap, Tai had invited her out to 'hang' with him. She knew he actually meant to invite her on a date, but she was thankful he hadn't used that word, 'hanging out' was void of pressure unlike a date. She had promised she'd get back to him on that, she had initially meant to decline the invitation, but after further thought, she realised going out would help her 'move on' like Chuka wanted. She just wasn't sure if she was ready to be out with a guy yet, at least not alone.

She would call him and make a proposal once she woke up. She lay on her bed and closed her eyes to sleep, but it evaded her. She sat up, something kept telling her to call now. She would lose her guts if she slept on it. She stood up and went to her phone. His number was written on a piece of paper which she had placed under a vase. She took it out and dialed the number.

It rang the first time, then a second time, she made up her mind to cut the call if he didn't pick on the third ring. He didn't have her number so he would never know she was the caller if she chose to cut it. The third ring came, but she didn't get lucky.

"Hello." The sound of his deep voice filtered through the receiver.

She found his voice calmed her a lot, was that good or bad?

"Hello?"

She gulped loudly, she could do this, it was just a guy, he wasn't some evil monster or her boss or anyone she should fear, just a man.

"I don't know who this is, but I'm very sure your phone bill is adding up and I'm not nice enough to end the call on your behalf, I suggest you stop making prank calls and get a real jo..."

"It's me." She blurted out.

There was a long silence on the other end, making her wonder if he had dropped the call, but she hadn't heard the beep that signified that the call had ended. Maybe he hadn't expected her call, he must have forgotten about her. Of course, what did she think? That she would hold the interest of such an attractive man that long? Her solitary state had definitely made her think things that were wrong.

"Selena?" He asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

He had recognised her voice?, "Yes." She replied reluctantly.

"Wow, oh my goodness, I didn't think you'd call, I...how've you been?" He gushed.

She felt her heart leap in excitement, "I've been fine, I...I called about the da...you wanted us to hang-out?"

"Yes, yes, I did. Are you...would you like to?"

Selly bit her bottom lip to stop herself from saying no and ending the call. She breathed in and out, she hadn't called to say no, "Yes..but, if you won't mind, I'd like us to go on a double da...hang-out" She suggested. She was yet to consult Linda and Chuks on that, but she assumed they would do anything to get her out of the house- including tag along for a double date.

"Sure, I'm okay with that if you are." He replied, his hastiness giving off his excitement. She could hear the smile in his voice.

She smiled and then caught herself, she smiled? A man made her smile, not Chuks, but some other man that wanted an intimate relationship with her, that was...good, right?, "Okay, okay. Um...is Friday fine?"

"Yes, Friday's great, where would you like to go?"

"Um...how about the restaurant? That's your sister's place?"

There was a bit of silence on the other end before he replied, "Okay, I'm cool with that."

She didn't think he sounded as 'cool' with it as he wanted her to think, but she didn't investigate further, "Okay, see you on Friday."

"Yes, Friday."

"Bye."

"Bye." He replied.

Selly ended the call and sighed deeply. Friday. That was three days away, she hoped she wouldn't change her mind before then. Only one way to make sure she went through with it, she scrolled through her phone book and found the number she was looking for. Time to call the third and fourth parties.

*****

"Chuksy can you get the phone?" Linda shouted from her room. She didn't feel up to the task of walking all the way to the kitchen to get it, not that the kitchen was that far away, she just felt too lazy to do that.

"I'm in the bathroom Linda, you get it." He replied.

Of course, how convenient for him to be having a shower just when a call was coming in. She buried her face in her pillow, damn it all she wanted was an hour's sleep, she had only just gotten in bed. Whoever it was would call back if it was that important, maybe Chuks would be out of the bathroom by then.

"Go get the phone Lin, it could be Selly." Chuks said as though he could hear her thoughts.

She grunted and dragged herself off the bed, once she got her paycheck, the first thing she would do was get another phone and connect the line in the kitchen to her bedroom, that would be much better.

She reached the kitchen and pulled the receiver from its hold just at the last ring, she pressed receive and placed the phone to her ear, "Hello?"

"Lin? Is this a bad time?"

"Selly, no, no, what's up? How are you?" Linda asked, all thoughts of sleep temporarily wiped out once she heard her friend's voice.

"I'm fine, how's Chuks?"

"He's good, hope you're okay?"

"Yes, I am. I actually called to ask you guys a favor."

Linda raised a brow, "Really? What is it?"

Selena took some time to reply, "I...a friend of mine asked me to hang-out with him, I was wondering if you and Chuks could tag along."

Linda smiled, Selly was definitely leaving her cave, "Like a double date?" She asked.

"It's not a date Lin, we're just hanging out." Selly corrected.

"I hear you, what's his name?" Linda asked.

"Tai, listen Lin, don't blow it out of proportion, I know what you're thinking and that's not how it is." Selly said defensively.

A sly smile crossed Lin's lips, "I never said anything Selly, you're just being..." Linda's voice trailed off as she watched Chuks approach her, his towel wrapped around his waist and his toned body semi-wet, what the hell? Now he was doing this shit while she was on phone? Didn't he know walking around half-naked and partially wet was inappropriate when someone was on phone? She had to catch herself from drooling, gosh, even the way he walked had 'MAN' written boldly. He stopped inches away from her , folded his arms across his buff chest and gave her that look that told her she was in for some scolding once she got off the phone, she unconsciously clenched her thighs to stop the moisture that was slowly gathering between them.

"Linda? Are you there?" Selly's voice pulled her back to reality before she made a fool of herself- thankfully.

She coughed and turned her eyes away from the scrumptious specimen of man that stood a few feet away from her lest she get distracted, "um..yes, yes I am. So, when is this get together going on?" She asked, suddenly the thought of a double date appealed to her, maybe it would give her that avenue to finally tell Chuks how she felt- or make him realise he liked her too.

"On Friday, so you'll come?" Selly asked.

"Sure, I'll just tell Chuks, I'm sure he won't have any objections." She replied.

"Thanks, thank you Lin. The venue is that Thai restaurant we went to two weeks ago." Selly added.

"That's great. We'll be there."

"Thank you Lin. See you Friday."

"See you, and take care of yourself." Linda replied before the line went dead.

She held the phone to her chest for some time, her eyes closed as she mustered the courage to look at Chuks once again, maybe he had put on some clothes during the period she was on the phone.

"Who was that?" His deep voice asked, she had always liked his voice, it wasn't that irritating deepness, it was deep and velvety, kind of like Idris Elba's, but a little softer.

She turned around- no such luck, there he was in all his masculine glory, his body had dried up considerably, but it didn't have any less an effect on her being, still hot, "Selly." She replied after she had found her voice.

Chuks raised his brows, "What did she say? Is she alright?"

Linda couldn't believe the wave of jealousy that passed through her hearing Chuks sound so concerned about Selly, she knew he didn't have any feelings for her romantically, but she still felt bad that Selly evoked such feelings in him. She wondered if she'd ever matter to him the way Selly did, "Yes, yes she's alright." She replied.

He narrowed his eyes at her reaction, but said nothing about it, "So, what did she want?" He asked.

"She asked if we could have a get together with her and this guy, Tai."

"Tai? You think it's the Asian guy?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, could be."

"When and where?"

"Friday, at that Thai restaurant we went to." She replied.

He nodded, "Okay." He turned to leave and then remembered why he had come out to start with, "Hey, where's my body cream?" He asked.

"Oh, I kept it in the top drawer." She replied. She had purposely switched the position of his body cream this morning just so he would come out like this, she did that a lot.

"Really Linda? How many times do I have to tell you not to move my stuff?" He asked as he made his way back to the bedroom, "If you don't want me here anymore just say so, I'm not good with hints." He added.

Linda froze at those words, why would he say that? Of course she wanted him here, where else would she want him?, "I don't want you gone Chuks, that's silly." She replied as she returned to her room. She passed by his room, he had left his door slightly open, she was going to keep walking, but couldn't help her curiosity and peeped in, she almost sulked when she saw that he had put on a pair of khaki shorts, but took consolation in the fact that his toned torso was still bare.

"Really? Well if you keep moving my things I'll be forced to think you're trying to tell me to move out." He replied.

His back was turned to her so he didn't realise she was standing at the door. She said nothing to that, her sole focus being to take in as much of his magnificent body as she could without being caught. Nothing would please her more than having him pull her into his room, place her against the wall and fuck her like she was a ragdoll, just the thought of that caused a riot in her system, she wanted this man so bad she swore it was driving her mad.

He turned to grab his shirt and his eyes fell on her. She froze noticeably at being caight, "Linda? What are you doing there?" He asked.

Linda gulped, what was she doing here? What could she say? That she was ogling him? No, that would be all kinds of wrong, he was going to think she was crazy, "I..nothing, I wanted to..." Her gaze raked over the parts of the bedroom she could see for an alibi, she finally spotted one on his dresser, "...I came to get some cotton wool." She said as she stepped into the room and walked briskly toward the dresser, "Mine is finished and I forgot to get more, silly me." She chuckled nervously, she was yet to raise her eyes up to look at him, but she could bet he was staring at her like he thought she was crazy.

"I'll get out of your hair now." She laughed, she had barely walked past him when she felt him grab her wrist. She could swear her heart stopped beating at that touch.

"Linda, what are you doing here?" He asked, his voice firmer.

"I told you already, I came to get some cotton wool." She replied, unable to turn to him.

"Say that lie again, and if you can, say it to my face this time." He challenged.

Linda gulped nervously, damn it now he thought she was psycho, well, it's not like she had anything else to lose from here-on. She turned to his face, or more like his chest, raising her head to look at that gorgeous face, she had never liked men with beards until she met Chuks, he was the only one in her eyes that could make a beard look sexy, she liked that he made sure to groom it, it was a little fuller than a stubble, but not quite as thick as Ice Cube's was. Brown eyes stared down at her waiting for an explanation, their owner unaware that she was appraising him.

"So?" He asked.

She bit her bottom lip, of course, she was supposed to be telling him what she was doing at his door, not eyeing him up, "I...I was wondering, I wanted...I wanted to know if..." Damn it why couldn't she just say it? She was supposed to be gutsy, what was so hard in telling a guy she liked him? She had to be realistic here, Chuks wasn't just a guy, he wasn't just someone she could spill her guts to and get rid of if he failed to reciprocate her feelings, he was her male best friend, he would be around for a while, taunting and teasing her on what could've been. Could she stand that? Wouldn't it be much better and wiser to keep her feelings to herself and hope someday he'd feel strongly enough to make the first move?

She shook her head with a smile, "Never mind, it was a silly thought." She turned to leave but he wouldn't let go of her wrist.

"Chuksy..." Linda's eyes widened as she felt what she never thought she'd feel- he was kissing her, she wanted to think she was dreaming, but she wasn't, Chuks was actually kissing her- and he was good at it too. She moaned into his mouth as his tongue found the inside of hers and made short work of whatever doubts she had been having. She fluttered her eyes shut and her arm wrapped around his neck as she savored the moment. She had pictured this so many times in her head, but for all of her imagination, this was electric, she had never come up with this scenario. Her hand found the back of his head and pulled him further down, if this would never happen again, she planned to make maximum use of this opportunity. She felt his hands on both sides of her waist and then she was hoisted up, she reflexively wrapped her legs around his waist as she wondered about her earlier thoughts, maybe she would get that ragdoll fucking after all. Her pussy creamed even more at that thought, her tongue flicked against the roof of his mouth and she earned a groan for her efforts. She began moving up and down, rubbing her crotch against his clothed cock, fuck, it felt so hard and deliciously thick, thoughts of what it would feel like inside her pussy was all it took to have her moaning again. She could barely believe he was still holding her up despite her every action, she knew she didn't have a lot of weight, but the man made it seem like he was carrying a child, but by the way his lips moved against hers, it was clear he knew she was no child.

Feeling her gutsy self-return, she took his hand, determined to show him that even though she was just 21, she knew what pleased a 26-year old man. His other hand wrapped fully around her waist with amazing speed so that she didn't fall off. Her hand led his to a boob and made him squeeze it. She whimpered at that. Taking her initiative, his hand continued to move against her breast, finding a peaked nipple and tweaking it, she moaned loudly, rubbing her crotch against his hard-on with more fervor to ease the throbbing between her legs.

He held her tighter, stilling her moving hips, his hand moved off her breast and slid to her neck making her groan at the loss, what was he doing? Couldn't he tell that she needed him right now? Maybe she'd have to tell him. With great pains, she ended their kiss and looked down into his eyes, she almost orgasmed from the lusty look in his eyes, to think a man could be this sexy and not even know it, "Chuksy, please, I need you." She said huskily.

His eyes ran across her face, "Not like this Linda, you're more than this." He replied, he kissed her chin softly.

What the hell did he mean by she was more than this? As of right now, she was a horny woman in need of a good fucking by the man that had her in his arms, nothing more, how hard was that to understand?, "No, please just have sex with me." She said breathily, she kissed the corner of his mouth, "I've waited so long for this, fuck me already."

He brushed a strand of loose hair away from her face with a smile and shook his head, "I don't fuck women I care for, I make love to them." He replied. He kissed her again, making her shiver at the intensity of his kiss, she felt him moving and then felt herself being lowered to the bed, making her think he was going to fulfill her wish despite his initial objection...she thought too early. He ended their kiss and smiled at her, "...but like I said, not now and not like this."

She stared at him, bewildered, was he serious? Her eyes briefly fluttered close and she let out a strained moan when he ground his hard dick against her clothed mound, fuck, how could any sane man not want to get rid of that erection? It was huge.

He got off her making her mourn the loss of his body, "I have to go pick up a few ingredients from the grocery store, I found a recipe for some Indian dish I'd like to try out. Don't miss me too much." He placed a chaste kiss against her cheek and breezed out of the room before she could protest.

Linda sat staring in disbelief, fuck, what was she supposed to do about her horny state now? She unbuttoned her jeans and slid her fingers into them, finding her soaked panties and then moving further to her swollen pussy, she slipped a pair of fingers easily into herself, her imagination replaying the event that had just taken place, she was definitely going to get back at him, he wasn't the only one who could play games.

*****

Selena stared at her reflection, the last time she had looked this pretty was...well, a while. She had on a nice , scoop-neck golden dress that hugged her petite frame, the sleeve kissed her elbows and the length stopped a few inches above her knees.

It wasn't brand new, far from it, she had bought it three months before Chuka's death on a whim, she had liked it when she saw it in the showglass and had thought Chuka would like it too. It had been two sizes smaller, but she hadn't cared. She remembered clearly the conversation that had transpired between herself and the salesperson

"Hello, how may I help you." He had asked, he had light-brown hair and piercing blue eyes, he was tall and leaned towards lanky, someone that she thought would've fit better on the runway than behind a counter.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • Getting a Life Ch. 05

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds