• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy
  • /
  • Golden Wishes Ch. 00 Prologue

Golden Wishes Ch. 00 Prologue

***

Hey, just a quick word here from the author. Everything following this text is a work of fiction and is no way meant to represent any person or situation in real life. Any names or situations that seem similar to situations in the story are pure coincidence. A lot of my work was drawn from inspiration of other genie authors (I'm sure you guys can figure out who c:).

***

LOG: 06/06/2014:

I don't think I can really describe the actual pain of losing somebody close to you. Sure, you might hear about people losing loved ones in stories or on the media, and for a time you'll feel a little bit bad, give your sympathies, but eventually move on with your life as if nothing ever happened. That's really not the case for a person that has been directly affected by the appearance of Death. There is no true period of time in which that person can truly say that he or she has moved on. While the initial trauma of the event may eventually die away, that spot in the heart can never truly be filled. Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the heart has no metrics or forms of measure. And all of it... irreplaceable.

Jason

I stopped typing on my laptop and looked up to a sight that I was not pleased to see: Matthew Sullivan and his friends noisily approaching me.

Perfect, I thought.

Matt was a good looking guy, point guard our college's basketball team, and did very well with the ladies. But, because of that he was also an egotistical dickhead. You know, the stereotypical jock you see in the movies. While he was great at scoring the chicks, what really pissed me off was his lack of knowledge in how to actually treat them once he possessed them. Frankly speaking, he treated them like garbage. He expected the girls he had to worship him, and when they even so much as hesitated, he would beat the crap out of them. Then he would apologize, the girl would accept the apology, and it would happen all over again. One such case happened with one of my best friends, Dawn.

I've known Dawn since my second year of high school and we've been close for the three years we attended together at high school as well as the three years that we've both attended here. We both decided to major in forensic sciences. Unfortunately, her great physical appearance attracted more than one sketchy guy, Matt included. When I found out that Matt had been beating Dawn, I was the one that managed to make her realize that he didn't care for her in the slightest way, and he was honestly just using her for the sex and the image. Somehow, Matt found out that it was me who "took away one of his best sex dolls" and has been harassing me ever since.

Unfortunately, as one of the most popular guys on the campus, a lot of people took his side in making me a victim. I've gotten my share of physical and verbal abuse from a lot of different people, most of which I don't have the slightest idea who they might be. The point is, I'm really not popular and my life is pretty bad given the few friends I had left me in fear that they would also become victims of Matt and about half the entire campus.

Matt and his friends finally reached me. It was clear that he was high by the way he walked and laughed at everything.

"Hey dickwad!" he said. He laughed maniacally, as did the five friends that he had with him. I started to get up but he pushed me back down.

"Where do you think you're going? The party just started Mr. Hero." He said.

"Get the hell out of my way," I muttered, standing up again to pass him. Suddenly, without warning Matt grabbed my laptop. I watched in horror as he smashed it against the asphalt. It shattered in about three large pieces along with many other small pieces. I stood there, speechless as the dickhead and his friends laughed their donkey asses off.

"ooooooh, he looks mad. Is he going to cry?" sneered one of his friends, a guy named Mark I believe. I looked into his eyes. Then, as hard as possible, my fist smash into his nose. He toppled backwards, surprised and in pain. His nose was out of shape and blood was quickly pouring down his face. I stared him down as he fell. Two guys quickly grabbed my arms.

"You think you're so tough, don't you Mr. Hero?" Said Matt.

WHAM!

The first hit connected with my abdomen.

"Well let's see how tough you'll stay by the end of this year."

WHAM!

The second hit left me gasping for breath.

WHAM!

WHAM!

WHAM!

WHAM!

...

I can't tell you how many more times he hit me but it felt like at least twenty. I knew for sure that I had a few broken ribs. Then he kicked me in the face and left me on the floor.

"Let's go." Matt said, looking pleased with himself.

"What do we do with Mark?" One of Matt's lackeys asked.

"Leave the coward. If he can get hurt by this sniveling wreck," Matt said, pointing at me. "We don't need him around."

Then he left. After a few minutes, I got up and wiped the blood off of my face. I took the pieces of my laptop that I could, but I knew that it would be useless to try to fix it. If anything, it would cost hundreds of dollars to repair. I stepped over Mark's unconscious form and slowly and painfully began to walk back to my dorm. I turned my eyes to the sky and thought to myself how desperately I wished something in my life would change. As I stared up, suddenly, my foot hit a round object and I tumbled to the floor painfully, probably cracking another rib.

"Ouuuuuuchhh...." I groaned, staying on the floor for a few seconds. Then I looked at the thing that I tripped over. It was an ornate golden sphere with strange markings inscribed in great details. I picked it up and examined it. Shrugging, I put it in my backpack and got back up.

It was late when I finally reached home. I dropped my things and eased myself down onto my couch. Thinking of the ball I found in the street, I fished it out of my backpack and examined it a little closer. Turning it over, I found a little indent in the ball that had the markings of a fingerprint on it. It looked strangely familiar. Out of curiosity, I placed my thumb on the finger-marked indent.

A flash of pain immediately jolted up my arm from my thumb, making me drop the sphere which rolled slowly away in front of me. The pain ended as quickly as it started. However, I suddenly started to feel an intense pain in the front of my head. It grew to an unbearable measure as my vision began to turn black. Maybe it was just my fading comprehension skills, but I could have sworn that the sphere began to smolder and glow. In my delirium, I watched as a golden sphere of pure light floated out of the sphere and slowly floated towards me, but before I could thoughts about it, my vision blacked out and I lost consciousness.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy
  • /
  • Golden Wishes Ch. 00 Prologue

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds