• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • BDSM
  • /
  • Learning the Rules Ch. 02

Learning the Rules Ch. 02

1234

Chapter 2: Dinner conversation turns into Challenge Accepted!

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read, vote, and comment on Learning the Rules: Chapter 1. I truly appreciate your feedback. Here is Chapter 2, a little hotter as promised. Please let me know your thoughts and feedback. I hope you enjoy the read.


Ashley makes her rounds through the rooms. Everyone appears to be mingling and having a good time. Everyone is having a good time except her best friend Alex.

"Alex, what is the problem; aren't you having a good time? You know most of our friends, why are you so quiet? It's not like you. Did our Jamie say something to hurt you? He can be a little straight forward sometimes, but he is usually not mean or hurtful. Did he upset you?" She is rambling on in her normal "Ashley way," but she means well.

"No Ash, I'm ok. I'm just thinking about some things Jamie said."

"Was he mean or rude?" Now she's concerned for her friend. She knows Jamie can come off wrong when you first meet him. He can be a little overbearing and intense.

"No, actually, he was just being honest and up-front with me. I think. Ash, can I ask a favor?"

"Of course you can. You can ask me for anything Alex, you know that? What are best friends for if not for favors? By the look in your eye, I'd say you are about to get into some trouble. Anything I can help you with?"

"Yes. Ash, I want to get to know "your Jamie" better. I want you to make sure that we are seated next to each other at dinner. And I want you to be on the other side of him and ignore him as much as possible. I want to make sure that he is forced to talk to me during dinner. I don't think our previous conversation went in my favor. I think I have some catching up to do. I let him knock me off my game before, but not this time. Will you do that for me?" Although there is a little plea in her voice, there is more determination.

"Honey, you know I will do anything for you. Of course I will do it. He won't know what hit him. No man has ever been able to beat us when we team up." Ashley hears Alex's determination and recognizes, from history, trouble is coming.

"I hate to admit it Ash, but I don't think we have played at this level before. "Your Jamie" is really in a league of his own. I actually believe he may have just tried to intimidate me. I may even say he tried to scare me off. Which you know only makes me more determined."

"Alex, unless you are really interested in him and I mean REALLY interested in him, maybe you should be 'scared off'." Ashley is a little shocked by Alex's request and she doesn't want her to get hurt again. It's been quite a while since her friend has taken a real interest in a man, let alone been attracted to one. "I hope you are not just trying to one up him and put another win in your column? Because if that is your plan; I have to warn you. He's not someone you will be able to bend to your will. He won't jump just because you say to. Jamie is not a man who will be easily manipulated; for that matter, I don't believe he can be manipulated at all. And if he can, I feel sorry for the person doing the manipulating once he finds out."

"Now you sound like your trying to scare me off. Is he really that difficult? I'm not going to try to manipulate anyone. I'm a little hesitant to say it, but he has caused my interest to peak. Ash, I haven't been this interested in or this attracted to a man in a long time, not just sexually, but intellectually. You know that, you also know that if I wasn't at least a little serious, I wouldn't waste my time." All the while Alex is speaking to Ashley she can't take her eyes off of Jamie. "If I tell you something, you promise not to laugh or make some kind of scene?"

"Of course I'm not going to make a scene. It's my dinner party for God's sake. Make a scene, why would you even say such a thing?"

"Oh, I don't know." Alex says laughingly, "Maybe because the last time I told you something like this you practically screamed, "Fuck me!" so loud that everyone in the bar turned to look at us."

"That doesn't count. You know I was drunk! Besides, that was months ago. Anyway, you have to tell me now because otherwise I will spontaneously combust with curiosity."

"Ok, but remain in control. No outbursts."

"Ok. Ok. I promise, in control, no outburst, keep secret. Cross my heart and hope to die." She smiles and mockingly makes a cross sign over her heart.

"Ash, when we were talking together, he said some very suggestive things. He said some very hot sexy suggestive things; things that really heated my blood and other areas of my body. Ash, I got so excited, my panties are wet."

Ashley's mouth falls open. She gives a little shrill and hugs Alex. "Oh my God Alex, you have to follow your woman's intuition. Jamie is gorgeous and sexy and well, a lot of other things too. If anything happens between you two, you have to swear to tell me. I've always wondered what he would be like in bed. Are you really attracted to him, sexually?"

"Oh, there is definite sexual attraction. It's so strong it's almost feral. It is so animalistic, I'm surprised we didn't just scent each other and start fucking on your living room floor. He has made me think and made me feel things in the past hour that I haven't thought or felt in the past two years. At least not to this level."

Ashley giggles and hugs Alex a second time. "Ok, then game on Honey. And may the best person win! Don't worry; I will make sure the dinner seating is perfect. I can't wait to see how this goes. I love Jamie, but he is a bit of a megalomaniac. And well, if anyone can give him a challenge for his "control freak title," it's you. But Alex, you should know that Jamie is more than a bit of a "control freak." In fact, he could be Mr. Control Freak."

"Thanks, I think." She gives Ashley a kiss on the cheek and starts to move through the room chatting as she comes upon the other guests, but never loosing site of Jamie.

~~~~~~~~

Ashley arranges for Stephan to escort Alex into the dining area. She briefs him on her seating plan and gives him direction on where Alex is to be seated. He is not happy about being her accomplice, but he has warned her before about medaling and she just doesn't learn. As she maneuvers herself through the room she makes sure she is standing right next to Jamie as she announces dinner is ready. With nothing but pure innocence on her face, she takes Jamie's arm, "Will you be so kind and escort me into dinner? My husband seems to have found another partner." As she takes his arm, Ashley gives Jamie her best "pretty please" smile. She knows he hates this cutesy behavior and does it to annoy him.

Jamie looks to see who Stephan is partnering. He physically tenses as he sees Alex on Stephan's arm. Ashley watches as his eyes darken, they look as if they went from deep brown to black within seconds. His facial expression is tense. His head lifts to attention as his jaw line hardens. It is magical to watch his transformation from Mr. Control to Mr. What the Fuck. Yet, at the same time it's a little frightening; thank God he and Stephan are good friends or she would be a little worried for her husband.

Ashley smiles, holding his arm, she maneuvers him to the dining table so that Alex is seated on his right and she is on his left. Stephan is to Alex's right, but since he is seated at the head of the table, he can basically converse with everyone. But Jamie is caught between Ashley and Alex, as planned.

The dinner progresses and Ashley makes sure that she spends the majority of her time conversing with the dinner guest to her left. Mid-dinner, she leans over to Jamie apologizing to him that most of her time is being occupied by Mr. Lewis. She explains that he is new to Philadelphia and doesn't really know too many people, so she feels obligated to entertain him.

Jamie nods and gives her a knowing smile. "Well, I'm glad you explained Ashley. I'm ashamed to say that I was thinking that you were purposefully ignoring me. I even thought that maybe you had set me up." He cocks his right eye brow up and gives her a questioning look. "But, then I thought, no, my Ashley wouldn't do something like that. She's too smart to do something like that to me." He winks at her and maintains his smile.

The way he is looking at her and the tone of his voice cause shivers to run down Ashley's spine. She recognizes this feeling. It usually happens when she is in trouble with Stephan. "Really Jamie, ignore you? Why would I ignore you or set you up? Luckily for you that Alex is your other dinner partner. At least you two seemed to be getting along well earlier." She gives her most innocent smile. "So you can continue your conversation. Alex is very intelligent and has a wide array of interests. She can hold her own on almost any topic. I'm sure you two will have a lot to discuss." She gives him a light kiss on the cheek. Before she turns back to Mr. Lewis, she notices her husband watching her interaction with Jamie. He too gives her "the look." Jezz, what is everyone so intense about, it was just a little seating adjustment.

Jamie's plan didn't include sitting anywhere remotely close to Alex at dinner. But so far, he is making the best of it. However, the conversation is light and the topics not as interesting as earlier. Let's see if Ms. Newman can hold her own on a topic of my choosing. He decides to change it up a bit but realizes he will have to monitor the content and the volume since they are in such close confines. He doesn't necessarily want the other dinner guests to share in his conversation.

He turns to speak to Alex, thinking about how he will start a more "meaningful" conversation but, she speaks first taking him a little by surprise.

"Jamie, do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"No, ask away. As long as you agree that I get to ask one of you." He gives her that wicked devil may care smile.

She returns it with her best, "Hey little boy, so you want to play" smiles. "Oh, so it will be tit for tat, will it."

Nodding and returning her challenge he responds. "I guess it's something like that. You do believe in turn-about is fair play, don't you."

Laughing lightly, she answers, "More or less, I would say yes. But as we both know, in the real world, not all things involve "fair play"."

He realizes that she is trying to entangle him into some sort of probing mission of hers. He will have to turn the tables quickly and let her know that she has no chance in winning this game of words. "Ms. Newman, you are, as they say, preaching to the choir. Besides, fair play is over rated. I prefer to take the stance of "All is fair in love and war." It makes things so much easier. This way, there are no illusions. Besides, as long as all parties are consenting adults, are in agreement and things are kept as safe as possible, play of any kind should be allowed. Don't you agree?"

She knows his words are laced with double meaning, but she is not quite sure what it is. So, she decides to play it a little safe and doesn't commit to a particular stance on the subject. She doesn't want to have her words used against her later, she answers in an open for interpretation manner. "Well, I think that there will always be debate on both sides of that statement." She redirects, "But, I really wanted to ask you something on a slightly different topic. Do you mind?"

She is not only a beautiful and sexy woman, but she is an intelligent and witty woman. She actually answered me without saying a meaningful thing and she knows it. "No, I don't mind. I not only believe in freedom of choice, but I also believe in freedom of speech. Ask away."

"Well earlier I was speaking to Ashley about 'our' conversation."

He interrupts her, looking rather surprised, "You were?"

"Yes. Well not in detail of course, but in general terms. She happened to use the term "megalomaniac" and I was wondering if you thought you were a megalomaniac?"

Turning to look at her with what could only be describe as a sinister grin he says, "Well, that is a surprising question coming from you. Based on what I've heard about your killer reputation, I could ask the same of you. Couldn't I?"

Alex hesitates before answering. So, he has heard things about me. He knows something of my reputation. "Yes, I guess you could. But, according to the established rule, that would only occur after you answered my question."

Jamie looks confused, so Alex continues, "If I remember correctly you informed me of the fact that leaving an asked question unanswered was rude. That was what you said, wasn't it?"

She is proud of herself for not falling into his trap and trying to defend herself. She is also happy she is able to use his words against him to strengthen her stance. She knew from the beginning that he would be a worthy opponent in their verbal sparring and she now knows she is not wrong. He is more than worthy; he is challenging.

As soon as she sees his facial expression, she knows she may have gone too far. He looks down at her but his eyes never leave hers. Without words he is commanding her to keep eye contact with him. His facial expression is despotic. He looks as though he is deciding just what to do with her. And he is.

His eyes are piercing into hers. Somehow, they go from brown to black in a second. He looks menacing, but at the same time, he exudes pure male sex appeal. As his jaw relaxes a little, he moves his chair closer to hers. He leans into her and she isn't sure what he is going to do. Her body is still on the outside, but every nerve on the inside is firing at high speed. Her heart is beating so hard she believes her chest is visibly pulsating with each beat. She feels like she is cornered by a wild animal and is in "flight or fight" mode. The only problem is she can't decide fast enough which to choose.

Finally, he speaks to her. He is loquacious. His laconic tone is that of a principal speaking to a misbehaved student. He is direct and commanding in his tone, but not mean. "Ms. Newman, this is not the right time or place for this conversation. So here is what we are going to do. After dinner, we are going to say our good byes. I am going to offer to drive you home and you are going to accept. If you have any problem with this say so now and we will never speak of it again. However, if you choose to do as I say, than I will answer all of your questions truthfully and to the best of my ability. Of course, I will expect the same of you. Are we in agreement?"

Without thinking any further, Alex swallows the lump building in her throat and a simple "Yes" barely escapes pass her lips.

"Fine then, we will return to light dinner conversation. We will let the more, shall we say "interesting and if all goes well, intimate" conversation for when we are alone and can speak more freely."

She nods her agreement and has to turn toward Stephan to break the tension. Her face feels hot and she knows her cheeks are flushed. Stephan is looking at her with an "I told you don't beard the lion in his den" look. Damn, on one side she has "Mister Sexy Scary" and on the other she has "Mister I Warned You". Alex is starting to regret not listening to Stephan's earlier warning.

When she spoke with Stephan about Jamie earlier, she got the distinct impression that he was trying to persuade her to steer clear of his friend. He didn't come right out and say "stay away from Jamie, Alex." But his non-verbal communication said a lot and he kept sweeping the room to see where Jamie was before he answered. He avoided any detailed information regarding Jamie's personal life. And when directly asked about Jamie's relationship history, all he said was "you'll have to ask him."

Mostly, all Stephan gave her were facts that she could find simply by Googling his name. Ok, so he did his undergraduate studies at Princeton. He double majored in Business and Economics. He worked for a year or two in the Manhattan offices of some overseas building operations company. Then he did his graduate studies at Penn's Wharton School of Business. Ok, so two top ranked Ivy League schools, not too shabby. But other than some early high school history and multiple compliments about his intelligence, work ethic, and athletic ability, Stephan was no help. Her gut told her that he was purposefully avoiding any important information and that he was a little concerned regarding her curiosity. But her gut also told her that Stephan knew a lot more than he was sharing. She got the distinct feeling that there was something that he was hiding from her. That just made things more interesting in her mind.

Alex did have to admit that after the last few minutes, she was regretting not paying attention to Stephan's words. Maybe she should have just stayed away but, she knew she couldn't. She didn't even really believe that she wanted to.

~~~~~~~~

Thank God, this dinner party is finally over. I didn't think it would ever end. Finally, it is time to say good night and get out of here and get some space away from him. The only problem is I'm not sure what I want more to be away from him or away from here and alone with him. Oh God, get it together Alex. Alex is so sexually charged she feels like her legs are going to collapse from under her. She holds steady and walks to the downstairs bathroom to relieve her bladder and freshen her make up.

She plans on taking her sweet time, hoping that Jamie will forget or change his mind about their earlier agreement. Maybe she will get lucky and he will leave before she comes out. But was that what she really wants? Before she can close the door, Ashley slides in behind her. Alex squeals at the unexpected company joining her in the bathroom.

"Quiet Alex, it's only me. I just wanted to check how things went. I couldn't hear much of the conversation, but every time I looked over, you two were either talking or leering at each other. What happened?"

Taking a deep breath, Alex said, "Ash, I think I may be in over my head. I asked him if he was a megalomaniac and he was not too happy with me. Then I asked a few teasing questions and made a few smart remarks and he was less pleased with me."

"Finally I used something he said earlier against him and I pushed his last button. He lost it with me. For a control freak, the only thing he was controlling was the boiling point of his temper. He got very quiet and started telling me how things were going to go after dinner and what I was going to do. He really is a control freak. Then he simply said to me, "agree or we will never speak again."

"Who the hell does he think he is? I mean really, who says shit like that? I didn't know what else to do. I know I want to continue to speak with him, to find out what he is really like under that smooth exterior. I know I want to see him and so I agreed. Oh God! Ash, I agreed and now he plans on driving me home and he said he will answer all of my questions truthfully. The only condition is that I do the same." Alex is at a loss and looks to her friend for some answers.

Ashley just stares at her. She's drawing a blank at what to say that may be reassuring to her friend. The words are forming in her head, but they don't make sense to her. It's like you can almost see the little wheels turning in her head as she thinks. The only thing she can think to say is, "Alex, I have one question. Did you tell him that I called him a megalomaniac?"

"Shit Ashley, I tell you all that, you can see I'm dying here and all you ask is whether or not I told him what you said. Really, Ash? Really?"

"Alex, I need to know, so I can be prepared."

"Be prepared? Prepared for what?" Alex is confused by her friend, but she knows Ashley well enough to realize that Ashley can and will make any situation about her.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • BDSM
  • /
  • Learning the Rules Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 16 milliseconds